Haynesworth is day-to-day with undisclosed injury

AP

NFL teams have no obligation to disclose player injuries during training camp and the preseason.  And so don’t count on Patriots coach Bill Belichick to disclose any player injuries during training camp and the preseason.

When it comes to defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who has been absent from practice lately, Belichick was characteristically concise.

“I think I’d put him in the ‘day-to-day’ category,” Belichick said, via Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. “He’s getting some treatment and I think he’ll be back out there as soon as he can. I think he’s working really hard and hopefully he’ll be back out there in a matter of, hopefully a day or a couple days.”

As Rapoport points out, Haynesworth has dealt with knee issues in the past.

Speaking more generally, but equally vaguely, Belichick seemed to suggest that none of his players are dealing with injuries that would keep them out for an extended period of time.

Either way, we’ll probably get nothing more specific until Thursday, September 8, at which time we’ll learn at a minimum that quarterback Tom Brady managed to participate fully in practice despite a right shoulder injury with which he apparently has been dealing since birth.

97 responses to “Haynesworth is day-to-day with undisclosed injury

1. LOL! Who didn’t see this coming! Pats are headed for another disappointing season. Jets own you! We will knock you out of the playoffs AGAIN!

2. I don’t care if he plays a down in the preseason, and imagine that Belichick feels the same way. I just can’t wait to see Albert and rest of the d-line bury Sanchez.

3. I love how the media assumes that Haynesworth will be a star again just because he’s playing under Belicheat. He will underwhelm as he’s been doing consistently the past few seasons. The New England Cheats will make the playoffs, but without some “video help”, they will lose once again.

4. haynesworth is fine. i remember wen he did this with moss during camp mosses first year. then he came out and scored 23 touchdowns on a bad hamstring. haynesworth will show up on sundays

5. jetsjetsjetss says:
    Aug 9, 2011 3:15 PM

Jets are in decline. No one with any value wants to play for the footfreak.

6. I’m guessing that his BGC (Blood Gravy Content) was dangerously high. What a fat lazy bastard.

7. @jetsjetsjetss

You also forgot he passed a physical, relax.

You Jets fans really are the worse. Worry about Plax and his ankle and your coach being a fat mouth aka, YOUR TEAM. Smh.

Go Pats.

8. ESPN.com reports his medical review: “unprofessionalittis” a mental and physically damaging condition that prohobits a player like himself to belong on a team like the Patriots.

9. He had some condition with the skins last year. That’s when shanny said he had a headache. I forgot what it is called but it comes from being a fat turd and stealing money

10. Maybe if BB still had his trusty camcorder, he would of seen this coming. Pats just over paid two knee injury prone linemen. Hey pats fans, get ready to see the old BB from the browns crumble.

11. I knew this would be a problem. Add to the fact they overpaid Sean Ellis, bought in an old an ineffective Carter, this may end up being a long year for the Pats. They have 21 DL in camp, something has to give.

12. jetsjetsjetss says:
    Aug 9, 2011 3:15 PM

————————————————-
    Oh, You Jets fans!!! Yeah the Jets own the Patriots thats why they keep winning the division and going to the Superbowl…oh wait??? What??? That doesnt happen????

13. @jetsjetsjetss – You are aware that knocking us out of the playoffs is not the same as winning the Super Bowl…. right?

14. jetsjetsjetss says:
    ———————————————–
    Yeah…right before you get owned and knocked out of the playoffs by (insert any other playoff team here). Jets have already been as far as they’re gonna go.

15. capslockkey says:
    Aug 9, 2011 3:18 PM
    I think I’d put him in the ‘meal-to-meal’ category.
    ___________________________________
    Good one! 😀

I am as shocked as anyone else that the dude isn’t about 50 lbs overweight right now.
    I love BB’s “injury reports”. If a guy were headless he’d say he was day to day with an upper extremity issue.

16. Day-to-day
    Day-to-day
    Oh Dear BB
    Three things I pray
    To make your injury reports less hazy
    Make Albert Haynesworth less lazy
    Make Ochocinco less crazy
    Day-to-day

17. Fat Albert has been spotted inside a Burger King
    near Quincy Market. Seems that he is unable to exit the fast food joint due to “excessive’ intake of whoppers, fried and coke!

18. This gone is done clearly done trying. He has pulled in $41 million guaranteed thank to Dope Snyder. He is not going to respond to Bill Belichick simply due to his commanding presence. Albert is a misfit, plain and simple. Would love to think that with great talent and compensation comes great responsibility, but this guy simply sees no incentive to push himself further than a trip to McDonald’s.

19. I swear that most Jets fans are impossible to have an intellegent conversation with about their team. I have a few friends that are Jets fans and I had to cut them off my blackberry messenger because the act just like Rex Ryan.

They make the Superbowl win prediction, they won’t listen to anything logical, think their team deserves to win every game or were robbed by the referees and then go into hiding when the season is over and they’ve lost yet again. The next season it all starts over. It’s so annoying.

The Jets haven’t won ANYTHING yet with Rex. Not a division, not an AFC championship game, not a Superbowl. They might win this year, but they haven’t won yet. I don’t understand where all the confidence comes from.

20. dagoose71 says:
    Aug 9, 2011 4:04 PM
    28-21 is hardly owning anyone now 45-3 on the other hand….

___
    Winning a game in the regular season is hardly owning anyone, now winning in the playoffs where it’s lose and you go home…

Pats OWNED last year by the Jets. LMAO

21. bullcharger says:
    Aug 9, 2011 4:15 PM

__
    Sounds like New England sports fans in general to me.

22. (Patriots Fans, ESPN analysts, NFL Network Analysts)

“Its a good move, if anybody can get him back to his old form its Belichick and the Patriots”

BAAAHAAAA! LOL

Fat, Lazy cancer……

23. “They might win this year, but they haven’t won yet. I don’t understand where all the confidence comes from.”

Bullcharger – I Jets fans get their confidence from people who feel the need to bitch about Jets fans for three paragraphs. Just let it go. They love their team. You don’t have to. It’s not a big deal.

And I think Big Al has Crabtree disease. Get used to this. He may never attend a full training camp again.

24. So because he has a minor injury it was a bad trade? Really? The logic on this blog (or lack there of) is hilarious.

CKL, that was comedy gold right there!! I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud here at work!

And for you Jets fans I know these last couple of years have been just magical. 2 AFC Championship loses? Yea… for those of you complaining about the Jets fans you don’t know the half of it. I live in Miami (where new yorkers come after new york spit them out) and the amount of trash talking these guys spew is nothing short of biblical! Can you imagine if they actually won something?

25. @bullcharger

What does your comment have to do with the article? Haynesworth is a bum i have never liked him goin back to his Tennessee days when he stepped on thay guys head. Hes a lowlife and a lazy p.o.s. Maybe in your little world the jets havent won anything under Rex. But to me 4 playoff wins in two years counts as winning alot. Like them or hate them everyone is talking about the jets. Rex has brought respect to the team around the league. Look for example how many primetime games the jets have had the last two seasons and are gonna have this year compared to before he was the coach. Nobody gave a crap about them, they were never in contention, and they never won any big games nevermind making the playoffs. Rex has done a ton for this team but maybe only us jets fans can see it.

26. His “injury” is total lack of heart. He will be back in a day or two when he can walk 10 yes without being winded. Congrats and sorrow simultaneously Pats fans, but I think “the hoodie” got this one wrong.

27. not a Jets fan at all but umm they did win the superbowl once, so i guess they did win something.

Anyway for all the Redskins fans that are all gleeful about this. Remember Hoody paid nothing basicly for him. So even if Fat Al plays not one down it doesn’t really hurt the Pats. The Redskins still look like morons because they are still paying Fat Al bonus moneys.

Imagine that Redskins fans your team is still cutting checks to Fat Al. how dumb would you feel if he comes back and has a 10 sack year and dominates. Then the Redskins will be paying for the Pats to win games. To bad the players the Redskins pay that are on the team won’t help them win games.

Pats with or without Fat Al get ten wins
    Redskins (still paying Fat Al) get 3 wins. Go Beck !!!!!

28. southbeachtalent says:
    Aug 9, 2011 4:46 PM

=================================
    I live in Connecticut. Its a New England state, therefor I believe that most people here shoul d support the Patriots. I have moron jet and giants fans trying to tell me that new york is also a New England State. The garbage that spews from their mouths is incredible.

29. Ok the real problem is he ripped the last pair of 10-XL pants.

They tried spray painting him but after 100 cases paint they gave up.

OSHA came and hauled him away because he was Hazardous Waste Accumulation Point.

30. cardiovascularendurance says: Aug 9, 2011 3:30 PM

Many obese folks suffer from bad knees.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    As do Jet fans

31. I like how even though Haynseworth passed his conditioning test, has practiced already, has a history of knee issues, was cut blocked in practice and had been favoring his knee before he was forced to miss practice everyone on here is saying out of shape he is missing due to poor conditioning.

I’m not saying Haynesworth will or will not work out in New England, but a logical person will read all the circumstances I mentioned earlier and say sounds like a knee injury.

Unfortunately PFT posters as well as a majority of posters on many other football sites prove time and time again, sports fans throw logic aside to believe what they want to believe.

32. jnbnet says:
    Aug 9, 2011 5:10 PM
    southbeachtalent says:
    Aug 9, 2011 4:46 PM

=================================

__
    This is AMERICA. The land of the FREE. As in FREE to choose whichever team you choose to root for. Only a simpleton thinks that just because you were born somewhere that you are bound to root for the teams that were placed in that particular region. The only rule in sports that matters is that once you make your choice, you aren’t really going to garner much respect if you continually jump off of and onto bandwagons to switch to whichever team is doing well at any given point and time. And since the ONLY reason why the Pats changed their name from the BOSTON Patriots to the New England Patriots was for marketing reasons, fans are under no obligation to root for them simply because they reside in that particular geographic region. Then again, you New Englanders are a gullible lot and prone to being rather sheeplike, so I guess the marketing ploy worked to a T for the owners of the Patriots.

33. Belibuy, I’ll buy a A championship team! Thats The ticket.

I got Haynesworth because he’s just going to be a bear rug laid out in the cafeteria.

34. @jpak12

——————————————————

The key part of this was that he was “cut blocked in practice.” Ahhh, the Patriot way. In press conferences, they shower the opposing teams with compliments and praise. But, once they get into a game, they are the dirtiest team in the league by a mile. They even practice legal ways to take out defenders’ knees.

35. hey headhunter11,

who is Will Worfolk? Typos and mispellings are one thing, it another when someone posts a remark and doesn’t have a clue who the players are. Not even close

Stop embarassing yourself and go back to watching lifetime.

You have already demonstrated to everyone on this site that you really don’t follow the game so your response is a waste of time.

36. Haynesworth is just being conservatively paced along with Ellis, Wilfork, etc. to hit their stride when the regular season starts. The menu includes Mark Sanchez as a goddamn snack on Oct. 9.

37. The undisclosed “injury” is not being able to pass the conditioning test and will be tested day to day.

38. It was just revealed that Fat Albert mistook Wes Welker for a Mozzarella Stick in the team buffet line. Wes is living comfortably in his new 4,000 Sq. ft “mancave”, I hope he survives the “Mudslide” tommorrow morning.

39. @bozoforall

———————————————————-

Is that the same as the New York Jets having their stadium (or should I say Giants Stadium- Jets didnt even own a stadium much less than own one of its opponents, but I digress) in New Jersey but being a New York team?