Mangold fine after giving Jets a scare

Nick Mangold, Mark Sanchez AP

Jets center Nick Mangold left practice early on Thursday after suffering a stinger.  Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that Mangold’s X-rays were negative.

The injury happened during a goal-line portion of practice.  Mangold lingered on the ground after running back Shonn Greene dove over the pile.

The team announced that Mangold is day-to-day.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
17 Responses to “Mangold fine after giving Jets a scare”
  1. conseannery says: Aug 11, 2011 9:18 PM

We’re all day-to-day.

2. jetswin5straightsuperbowls says: Aug 11, 2011 9:24 PM

To bad it wasn’t a torn ACL

3. jetswin5straightsuperbowls says: Aug 11, 2011 9:25 PM

If I want Hulk Hogan I’ll Watch WWE

4. nyjetsfootball says: Aug 11, 2011 9:25 PM

thank the lord! best center in the NFL baby

5. youmightnotknowthisbutthesteelersownyou says: Aug 11, 2011 9:32 PM

What a loser team… 6 rings. Go ahead and count them if you don’t believe me…

6. realnflmaster says: Aug 11, 2011 9:36 PM

Keep wishing y’all were the JETS baby. Back to back to back AFC Championships. This year we’re gonna win it!

Keep hatin’ you clown, 3rd class franchises and fans. We know you wanna be us. Thumbs down, show me the hate!

7. youmightnotknowthisbutthesteelersownyou says: Aug 11, 2011 9:42 PM

Too bad for this league. I think it’s time the Steelers pack it up and start their own league. It only makes sense seeing they are in a league of their own. We dominate competition and sometimes throw teams a bone and let them win a title. We will win another to silence haters and move on to the SFL. Goodbye folks

8. jetswin5straightsuperbowls says: Aug 11, 2011 9:50 PM

1 superbowl ring. Go ahead and count them if u don’t believe me

9. rectumnearlykilledem says: Aug 11, 2011 10:03 PM

Only a Jets fan would brag about losing in the AFC Title game. Embarrassingly pathetic fan base. Same Old Jets.

10. nooneyouknow says: Aug 11, 2011 10:08 PM

“Now lets go get a damn snack”

Oh yeah – I do believe that this guy –

youmightnotknowthisbutthesteelersownyou

- might be the most annoying person on the board. Congrats for being “THAT GUY”

11. justentertainingthestupid says: Aug 11, 2011 10:32 PM

New Jersey fans are the only fans in the NFL that would brag about going to 2 AFC title games and blowing it. Way to go losers.

12. dlk47823 says: Aug 11, 2011 11:56 PM

Hey rectum for brains- Only 1 team in football made it to the Championship 2 years consecutively….This team wins in january-deal with it.

13. green41563 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:18 AM

Yeah, they “blew it” on the road against two favored teams.

14. drgfri says: Aug 12, 2011 1:03 AM

@youmightnotknowthisbut……

wow, I never thought someone could distract me from my Jets hatred so easily. You sir are really skilled at foolish comments. Try this one on… I curse you and your beloved Steelers. Just watch, here come more 9/11 conspiracy tweets and sexual assault charges and drunk driving arrests. Just watch your classy organization shine!

15. lenke08 says: Aug 12, 2011 2:11 AM

I bet this guy was like wow the jets are doing good im now a jets fan. I feel he is a fair weather fan. Of course im a browns fan and as everyone knows there are no fair weather fans in cleveland

16. famman77 says: Aug 12, 2011 7:05 AM

Wow!!! Now your hoping for injuries. Sounds like your all scared of Gang Green. And is there any adult fans out there to post on the topic at hand. Or is it all children out here. And I wouldn’t call it bragging about two championships but progress.

17. jetsjedimindtricks says: Aug 12, 2011 10:10 AM

Famman said it the best.Its work in progress.