Friday morning one-liners

Bryan Walters AP

Said Bills WR Lee Evans, “The trade talks, that’s just part of the game. It’s not a whole lot I can focus on because I have no control.”

The Dolphins are going to keep things simple in their preseason opener.

Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski did well in his first game action since a season-ending thigh injury last November.

Every Jets game will be broadcast on the radio in Los Angeles this season.

Ravens tackles Michael Oher and Oniel Cousins had a rough time of it on Thursday.

Said Bengals QB Andy Dalton, “It does feel like the first game. I’m sure there will be nerves but I’ll try to be as calm as I can.”

Rookie RB Armond Smith’s speed is drawing notice at Browns camp.

The Steelers will emphasize new faces in Friday’s preseason opener.

Injuries at wide receiver and running back led the Texans to sign WR Devard Darling and RB Javarris Williams.

Old friends Chad Spann and Darren Evans are trying to gain spots in the Colts backfield.

Jaguars LB Clint Session left Thursday’s game with a head injury that coach Jack Del Rio didn’t think was serious.

Gregg Doyel of CBSSports.com is a supporter of Titans RB Chris Johnson’s holdout.

Tyler Palko and Ricky Stanzi will try to prove their worth as a backup quarterback as the Chiefs kick off their preseason.

Raiders WR Denarius Moore has been a hit at practice and he had a strong preseason opener as well.

Bryan Walters made a strong bid to become the new kick returner for the Chargers with a 103-yard touchdown against the Seahawks.

The Cowboys lined up in a 4-3 Flex defense on the first play Thursday night as a tribute to Tom Landry.

Victor Cruz is gaining support in his effort to be the Giants’ new slot receiver.

Don Banks of SI.com didn’t see anything to slow down big talk about the Eagles on Thursday night.

WR Sam Hurd appreciates the calm Bears training camp after spending years with the Cowboys.

The Lions held WR Calvin Johnson out of practice Thursday, but he expects to play on Friday night.

John Kuhn looks to have the inside track on the Packers’ third-down back role.

QB Joe Webb made the final tackle of Vikings training camp.

The return of RB Jason Snelling hasn’t changed the Falcons’ plans for rookie RB Jacquizz Rodgers.

WR Marques Colston will not play in the first Saints preseason game.

Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris isn’t sure what to expect from his young team in their preseason opener.

Rookie TE Lance Kendricks is getting snaps with the Rams’ first-team offense.

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh wants “fanatical effort” from his team on Friday night.

RB Thomas Clayton led an impressive Seahawks rushing attack on Thursday.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
11 Responses to “Friday morning one-liners”
  1. akulabug says: Aug 12, 2011 8:33 AM

Jets games on the radio in LA? Man those people really have no use for NFL football.

2. pthompson1187 says: Aug 12, 2011 9:58 AM

Dolphins are going to keep things simple during preseason opener…. shouldn’t that have said dolphins are going to keep things simple during season? Lol

3. anonimocontraditorio says: Aug 12, 2011 10:15 AM

wanna see him stay calm when Suh come running up to him!

4. simplesimon1 says: Aug 12, 2011 10:24 AM

Poor Andy Dalton. He says he isn’t nervous. I guess we’ll see if he looks nervous after he lines up and stares across the line at Suh, Williams, Avril and KVB. Poor kid might not walk out of his first NFL game. Funny coming from a Lions fan when Stafford rarely has to this point.

On a side note, I’m really looking forward to seeing what AJ Green looks like. Have a feeling if they can actually get him the ball he may be ROY this year.

5. nygrecojet says: Aug 12, 2011 10:26 AM

They should Of just said the dolphins are the worst/most boring team in the Nfl. F the phins and their pos soft fans. Roman Joe….come see me

6. Eric Kidd says: Aug 12, 2011 10:28 AM

And… Nope, nothing on the Broncos. Again.

7. mcdman says: Aug 12, 2011 10:33 AM

Seriously, why are the Broncos left out of half of these things? It seems every other time I click on the one liner you have the Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers all with a story but not the Broncos. WTH?

8. rukiddnme29 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:22 AM

I lived in LA and I don’t think I ever met one Jets fan there. A hell of a lot of Eagles fans though. Mostly Raiders and Chargers.

9. bturner032002 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:23 AM

are you kidding me???

Im tired of hearing about orton and “god” tebow

10. rabidmike says: Aug 12, 2011 11:33 AM

Cardinals? Missed them again.

11. aplastarcraneos1 says: Aug 12, 2011 3:34 PM

Again…no Redskins one-liners? Sounds about right I guess. No respect.