T.O. shows off his new ACL

terrell-owens Getty Images

We recently reported that receiver Terrell Owens is getting closer and closer to 100 percent.

There’s now visual evidence to corroborate that notion.  In fact, it looks as if T.O. has already arrived at 100 percent.

Owens posted a video on Twitter of his footwork on a field ladder, followed by an explosion into a full sprint.

Though it’s hard to tell how fast he’s running, it sure looks like he’s where he was before tearing that ACL.

We’re told that his goal is to be ready to play by Week One.  Given the rule that guarantees the salary of any vested veteran who is under contract at the start of the season, there’s a chance that he’ll be signed after the first weekend of regular-season games.

Teams that could — or at least should — be interested include the Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers.  But for the ugliness of 2005, he’d probably be destined to join the Dream Team.

Permalink 65 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
65 Responses to “T.O. shows off his new ACL”
  1. tbpdog says: Aug 12, 2011 11:01 AM

his big problem was with Mcnabb and has always spoke glowingly of Andy Reid, even when he was playing in Dallas…….so it would not surprise me at all

2. drgfri says: Aug 12, 2011 11:01 AM

What about the new grill?

3. seabreezes51 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:02 AM

Philly does not need him. Let him wreck the Giants locker room.
    It would be fun to watch Coughlin dealing with that fruitcake.

4. weightshakes says: Aug 12, 2011 11:02 AM

Giants should sign him to play TE.

5. dbellina says: Aug 12, 2011 11:04 AM

I’d take him in Minnesota on a 1 year incentive based deal.

6. bozosforall says: Aug 12, 2011 11:04 AM

But it would be more fun to see him “reunite” with McNabb in Minnesota.

The 2004 Eagles soap opera all over again. LMAO

7. hobartbaker says: Aug 12, 2011 11:06 AM

In the background of T.O.s video, people flashed by in herky jerky motion while clouds sped across the sky.

8. biggerballz says: Aug 12, 2011 11:07 AM

he is a monster

9. FinFan68 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:08 AM

Nice pic. Looks like he ate a bad peanut

10. jimmymcnultysbottleofjameson says: Aug 12, 2011 11:10 AM

We’ll pass on T.O. in Bmore. I’m worried about our receivers but mostly based on inexperience, not talent. Last thing we need is him corrupting the younger guys. Furthest thing from a mentor possible.

11. johnnyjagfan says: Aug 12, 2011 11:10 AM

JACKSONVILLE!

If Jack is big enough to handle “the player.”

12. macjacmccoy says: Aug 12, 2011 11:11 AM

Harbaugh is not getting involved with T.O. again. You can bank on it. Ill tell you what if Im wrong I will play triple my yearly subscription fee’s to PFT.

13. polishrod says: Aug 12, 2011 11:14 AM

biggerballz says:Aug 12, 2011 11:07 AM

he is a monster

—————–

Physically or mentally?

14. sdw2001 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:18 AM

Why can’t I shake the feeling that the Eagles may sign him again? It’s a different team now than in 2005 (as in no players in common, I believe). Of course, there are two problems:

1. He called the Eagles a “classless organization” at one point.

2. They really don’t need a receiver.

But that feeling remains for some reason. I know I would LMAO if it happened…just for the sheer weirdness of it.

15. stevemo says: Aug 12, 2011 11:19 AM

Why does how fast he was running matter? I’m not doctor, but doesn’t an ACL injury only effect side-to-side movement, something he seemed to do reasonably well?

16. bdawk20 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:22 AM

TO should go into physical therapy for players, from any sport, recovering from any ACL/MCL injuries. Despite being bat sh*t insane, the man knows how to recover quickly.

17. mykelane says: Aug 12, 2011 11:24 AM

is it his right knee? if you watch closely, it doesn’t look like he extends his right foot outside the ladder too far (as compared to the left foot), as to not exert too much force on it when bringing the right foot back into the ladder. he shows far more explosiveness w/ the left foot/leg.he may be still not totally comfortable planting on that leg, as most people with an ACL repair would be.

more like 80%

18. ndgarretjax says: Aug 12, 2011 11:24 AM

FinFan68 says:Aug 12, 2011 11:08 AM

Nice pic. Looks like he ate a bad peanut

——————————————————

You mean a bad piece of popcorn, dont you?

19. 4512dawg4512 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:25 AM

Let the Randy Moss/T.O comparisons end right here. Moss is a quitter, T.O is a beast. D Mac was at his best when he had T.O running the routes, be good to see them reunite in Minnesota

20. prior0knowledge says: Aug 12, 2011 11:28 AM

It would be a crying shame if his HOF talent is sidelined because he dissed his SB QB. McNabb deserved to be dissed after T.O. came back from a broken bone in 2 weeks and lose because McNabb has a lazy gene and a clutch problem.

T.O. never gets in off-field problems, practices and plays all out all the time, catches balls everywhere, and scores TDs. True, he used to be critical of his QB, but he does not do that anymore.

21. philly4lyfe says: Aug 12, 2011 11:29 AM

He’s not welcome back on my dream team.

22. realitypolice says: Aug 12, 2011 11:29 AM

stevemo says:
    Aug 12, 2011 11:19 AM
    ================

You’re right. Someone with a torn ACL could run in a straight line without pain.

Which is why I laughed when people said that Jay Cutler walking into a restaurant after the playoff game last year was proof that he didn’t tear a ligament.

The field ladder work in the video is a better sign, although I would rather have seen him go through it sideways and then turn and sprint.

That would have been a better sign that he could cut on the knee.

The field ladder,

23. 3octaveFart says: Aug 12, 2011 11:29 AM

The video cut out before he fell to the turf clutching his knee and crying…

24. jetsjetsjetss says: Aug 12, 2011 11:32 AM

Can he move laterally?

25. jbone2005 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:37 AM

good to have 81 back. Most teams would be stupid not to give him a shot. Is he really that big of a “cancer” or a “locker room destroyer”??? Seriously?? The man is 37 and runs faster and works harder than 90-95% of the rest of the NFL. He deserves to talk all the trash he wants. I luh me sum T.O.

26. edreedisgod says: Aug 12, 2011 11:37 AM

Has anyone stopped to think that McNabb being lazy made T.O act like he did. Until this past year everyone thought McNabb was a saint and now we find out that he is a lazy douche. For some reason I dont blame T.O anymore.

Ed Reed> Troy Polamalu

27. granadafan says: Aug 12, 2011 11:38 AM

He may a complete basket case and a cancer in the locker room, but he does work hard and doesn’t get in trouble with the law. Still, being a TEAM football player is much more than just physical ability.

28. ny82jy says: Aug 12, 2011 11:43 AM

He is a freak of a athlete i dont think anybody can doubt that. Ive said it before the Pats should have got him instead of Ocho. Wouldnt have had to trade and T.O clearly outplayed Ocho last year too. Arizona should pick him up though. Him and Fitzgerald would be a nice pair for Kold to bomb it too.

29. polishrod says: Aug 12, 2011 11:43 AM

stevemo says:Aug 12, 2011 11:19 AM

————

The ACL holds the knee “tight”, which is also done by your quad muscle (which wraps around the front of your knee from the inside-out).

Theoretically, with enough weight training, you dont need an ACL to run. And with the way they do ACL surgeries now, its VERY common for people to be running within a few months.

30. sdw2001 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:48 AM

stevemo says:
    Aug 12, 2011 11:19 AM
    ——————-

The acceleration would be affected, I believe. He looks great on the ladder and the sprint. What a monster. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that he sleeps on a hyperbaric chamber.

31. watermelon1 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:53 AM

Another idiot linking Terrell Owens to the Ravens. There is NO INTEREST from EITHER SIDE. Owens blasted Ozzie Newsome in the media, saying he tried to play the “black card” and pressure Owens into signing with the Ravens.

Owens doesn’t like Ray Lewis, or pretty much anyone on the Ravens defense. He probably wouldn’t want Joe Flacco overthrowing him either.

There’s too much bad history between the two. This is NOT happening.

32. sdw2001 says: Aug 12, 2011 11:54 AM

prior0knowledge says:
    Aug 12, 2011 11:28 AM

———————

I agree and disagree. He didn’t just slam McNabb. He slammed the whole organization, held out in year 2 of his 7(?) year deal.
    However, while I disagree that he should have said the things about McNabb that he did…here’s the rub…he was right. That was my opinion at the time, and it’s my opinion now.

Still can’t believe he’s in the shape he is at 37. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone like that in the NFL.

33. 4evrnyt says: Aug 12, 2011 11:59 AM

Looking fast on a hand held is one thing, creating separation from an NFL defender is another.

34. dasportsninja says: Aug 12, 2011 12:03 PM

Wow, he looks like he is 25 years old. That boy is a freak. Anyone who doubts he can still play is a fool. And he really hasn’t been a problem the last few years. I think he checked some of that ego after they booted him in Dallas.

35. njdolphin says: Aug 12, 2011 12:09 PM

lmao, “explosion into a full sprint”? Really?

Dude ran like four steps and it looked more like jogging to me.

I got more burst than that and I’m a professional office worker.

36. godzilla68 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:13 PM

An even better video of T.O. would be him saying, “Hey, check out my footwork!”…..he keeps running and we NEVER HEAR FROM HIM AGAIN!!!!!

That, I’d pay to see! = )

37. kevliggidy says: Aug 12, 2011 12:17 PM

Is someone paying you to try and help him get a job?

That 8 second video is meaningless.

38. qdog112 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:18 PM

TO, Steve Smith and Cam Newton – a hater’s paradise in a land some still think the War of Yankee Aggression ain’t over … Man, would there be enough time in the day for all the noise that would create? I love all 3 players, but I see TO in Giants blue, since they’re crying the most. Philly may be a close second.

39. jjtruck says: Aug 12, 2011 12:18 PM

For the Acl effecting speed it does, when you have surgery on it, itkills your quad muscles, it takes anywhere from 6 to 9 months to recover from it depending on your training habits and if you have setbacks, personally im. not worried about TO’s training habits its more the mental side I am, you never forget about it for the first few months doing anything that might hurt it and that will cause alot of problems when playing football, this is all my expirences with I tore my first Acl six years and just did it again three weeks ago

40. MichaelEdits says: Aug 12, 2011 12:24 PM

T.O. and Steve Smith both catching passes for the Panthers? We’d lose like we did last year, but damn we’d be fun to watch.

41. mistersmith22 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:24 PM

Everyone seems to forget that TO already burned Baltimore once…agreeing to sign, then bailing for Philly (yeah, how’d that work out?). The hatred for TO is so strong that when he comes to town for medical treatment people line up to moon his car. Seriously, he ain’t getting an offer in Baltimore.

42. phillyisinvading says: Aug 12, 2011 12:26 PM

eagles don’t need a receiver. we are already stacked.

I could seem him going to Arizona to take heat of Larry and give Kolb another target. that would make sense.

43. stinkfist5 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:37 PM

Very impressive. I’ve had two torn ACL surgeries. The last one being in May 2009, and I still feel my knee wobble a bit when I plant and that’s after 12 months of rehab, plus another year of constant leg workouts. This guy is a beast, anyone who can recover in just a year is amazing. He must be a customer of SWATS…

44. jw731 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:44 PM

And the Oscar goes to…………

45. mschwandt1 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:48 PM

Do u realize who AZ plays in the later half of the season?!! Phi, Beng, SF, and Dal…. hmmmm that might be fun to watch with T.O. in the mix!

46. pacificnw7722 says: Aug 12, 2011 12:55 PM

Getcha’ popcorn ready…T.O. comin’ to a team near you soon!!

47. 90sniners says: Aug 12, 2011 12:58 PM

Maaan T.O.’s body is off the charts. I’d kill to have a body like that. That six pack. Damn.

48. stinkfist5 says: Aug 12, 2011 1:23 PM

Ravens got Evans….Shwew, T.O. isn’t coming to BMore

49. tdk24 says: Aug 12, 2011 1:30 PM

What is this “dream team” you speak of?

50. kevpft says: Aug 12, 2011 1:31 PM

Arizona. Perfect fit. Fitzgerald will be gone if they don’t get him some good, and I mean good, help this season.

51. scrapdawg12 says: Aug 12, 2011 1:32 PM

EAGLES! We could go into the spread offense…..Owens, Desean, Jmac, Steve Smith….god damn!

52. pioniere says: Aug 12, 2011 1:34 PM

Bring him back to Buffalo! :p

53. dgforreal says: Aug 12, 2011 1:53 PM

Harbaugh, get him. Owens and Edwards could be deadly.

54. go49ers says: Aug 12, 2011 1:54 PM

T.O. is a pure athlete bar-none. Attitude I can deal with. From a Niner fan perspective, I don’t mind seeing him returning to the Niners – but I don’t see it happening. I’d be surprise if he did.

I do see him with the Cardinals to be honest. Fitzgerald and Owens would be a fun duo. But man talk about a threat in the deep.

However, we’ll see if Owens still has it at age 37.

55. gergie1957 says: Aug 12, 2011 1:55 PM

The guy is poison, the team that decides to take a chance on him will fail. Plain and simple.

56. theytukrjobs says: Aug 12, 2011 2:14 PM

He’d be a good fit in Minnesota. McNabb and him have worked effectively in the past. Plus the Vikings lack a true #1 cancer.

57. kaf39 says: Aug 12, 2011 2:21 PM

Agreed that TO will be poison to whatever team picks him up

58. go49ers says: Aug 12, 2011 2:22 PM

Well it depends what team. Put him in a situation where he doesn’t feel like he has to carry a team in order to win he’ll keep quite. (Well maybe not…haha.) But he is what he is. It’s unfortunate it’s come down to this but he will continue to be a deep threat wherever he goes.

Shoot, I’m down for some T.O. football. Never a dull moment with this WR. That’s if he signs with another team this year.

59. damnskins703 says: Aug 12, 2011 2:36 PM

I think T.O knows he is not a true number one now and he will be a 2 or 3 receiver if hes ok with that it will work out whatever team he goes to as long as he still has the desire to play

60. rodericksilva says: Aug 12, 2011 3:49 PM

Desean, Smith, JMac, Avant, Cooper, and T. O.

what the hell… I’m all in.

61. tinbender2000 says: Aug 12, 2011 4:17 PM

90sniners says: Aug 12, 2011 12:58 PM

Remember the movie “Any which way but loose” when they put the old ladies head on Bo Derrick’s body?

That’s what I’d look like with T.O.’s body. No thanks:)

62. petergunz10 says: Aug 12, 2011 4:33 PM

i’m not a fan but, no matter what you think of this dude, you have to admit that he is a FREAK.. if you can’t than you either never played sports or he must have banged your girl

63. greymares says: Aug 12, 2011 4:46 PM

his knee would not be the problem it would be his hands. the dude cant catch, check his dropped ball stats.

64. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 12, 2011 8:09 PM

I wouldn’t mind having him for a year until Steve begs to come back when Philly dismisses him and he has no market after getting 9 catches all this season.

65. bigmikeyreturns says: Aug 12, 2011 11:41 PM

I just can’t see him in Charlotte. Can’t see him being a team guy, can’t see him co-existing and competing for touches with Ocho-Nueve. Just can’t see it. Which probably means he’ll be on a plane to Charlotte Saturday morning.