Five preseason games are in the books. We have 61 left to go until the real fun starts.
For those of you that missed the action last night, let’s look back at some takeaways from each game:
Patriots 47, Jaguars 12
3. Patriots rookie running back Stevan Ridley showed a surprising mix of power, speed, and receiving skills. He may work himself into the backfield mix sooner than expected.
Eagles 13, Ravens 6
3. The Ravens’ offensive tackles struggled, which is the last thing they need.
Seahawks 24, Chargers 17
2. New Seahawks quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has some work to do. Five pass attempts, 15 yards, two sacks, and two scrambles.
3. Chargers running back Ryan Mathews was healthy enough to play, which is a step in the right direction.
Cowboys 24, Broncos 23
1. Kyle Orton went 74 yards in his only drive, but it stalled inside the five-yard line because of overly cute playcalling. It’s like Josh McDaniels never left!
3. Camp sensation Cowboys running back Lonyae Miller couldn’t back up his practice performance. Nine carries, 11 yards.
Cardinals 24, Raiders 18
3. Raiders rookie receiver Denarius Moore built on a strong camp with a nice preseason opener. Oakland lost receiver Chaz Schilens and safety Hiram Eugene to injuries. It’s uncertain how serious the injuries were.