Bloomberg wishes Burress the best

Plaxico Burress AP

After serving two years in prison (which was actually less than the minimum 3.5-year sentence Bloomberg called for), Burress knows who Bloomberg is. And he may be interested to learn that Bloomberg is now counting himself as one of Burress’s fans.

“I certainly know who he is,” Bloomberg said. “He’s a great football player and hopefully I’m going to meet him before the next Super Bowl in the locker room.”

If the Jets are in the Super Bowl, I’m not sure that they’re going to be inviting politicians into their locker room before the game, but whatever. If even Bloomberg is now a Burress supporter, it would appear that the rehabilitation of Burress’s image is complete.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
22 Responses to “Bloomberg wishes Burress the best”
  1. theduuuuuuuuuude says: Aug 15, 2011 12:19 PM

Typical politician.

2. b7p19 says: Aug 15, 2011 12:35 PM

But would he feel the same way if Burress played for a team didn’t count half of his cities voting public as fans?

3. cliverush says: Aug 15, 2011 12:39 PM

The man did the time. Image will depend upon the choices in life he makes.

4. agelardi says: Aug 15, 2011 12:42 PM

Stereotypical football player, doesn’t even know who the leader of his city is. Love the comment he made about the jury in his trial, “They didn’t even know who I was”. This guy is a piece of…

5. ampats says: Aug 15, 2011 12:49 PM

Now that the rehabilitation of Burress’s image is complete, what about the ankle?

6. chopblocked says: Aug 15, 2011 12:56 PM

“When Plaxico Burress first heard that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was calling for him to be thrown in prison for carrying an unlicensed gun in New York City, Burress’s reaction was, “Who’s Mayor Bloomberg?“”

——————–

I never believed that story. No one in the Tri State area with an IQ over 75 or over 8 years of age does not know who he is. Its an urban legend. Even Burress is not THAT stupid.

7. pftequalsgreatjournalism says: Aug 15, 2011 1:21 PM

chopblocked says:
    Aug 15, 2011 12:56 PM

——————–

————————————–

Two points:

1. Why would Burress say that if it wasn’t true – unless of course he really is stupid?

2. Dude shot himself in the leg a la Cheddar Bob and you don’t think he’s THAT stupid?

I beg to differ…

8. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 15, 2011 1:48 PM

Eh, screw him. How you gonna wish him well, when your TOTALLY UNNECESSARY public comments are the reason he (needlessly) did time to begin with? Should have been 6-12 months probation and that’s it. How can you take such a hardline stance and then come with this BS, to appease Giants fans, who make up 65% of football fandom in New York City and a great swath of your voting constituency?

Oh yeah, that’s right…

9. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 15, 2011 1:49 PM

There’s no way you don’t know who Gloomberg is if you live in the tri-state. His name is trotted out in news, papers and what not at least a dozen times daily. Just not possible. You can be politically oblivious and still know his name and his title.

10. ndgarretjax says: Aug 15, 2011 1:59 PM

shoot….

11. rarson says: Aug 15, 2011 2:24 PM

Bloomberg is an idiot.

12. david7590 says: Aug 15, 2011 2:43 PM

Bloomberg is a NAZI.

13. bigbeefyd says: Aug 15, 2011 3:02 PM

david7590 says:
    Aug 15, 2011 2:43 PM
    Bloomberg is a NAZI.
    ********************************
    OK, let me get this straight…Bloomberg is a member of the National Socialist German Workers’ Party? I don’t think so. What I DO think is that some people, typically those with small IQs, like to throw that name around when they can’t come up with anything intelligent to say about someone with whom they disagree.

14. godofwine330 says: Aug 15, 2011 3:16 PM

If I am Plax I say, “2Q + 2Q = 4Q, Mr. Bloomberg”

15. jcspiggle says: Aug 15, 2011 3:24 PM

I wish I didn’t know who Mayor Bloomberg is too.

16. sdelmonte says: Aug 15, 2011 3:57 PM

I am a supporter of Mr. Bloomberg, but sometimes as a sports fan I miss the Koch era. Because Koch was not a sports fan, and never pandered to sports fans. And because, unlike Bloomberg, Koch didn’t pretend that the Giants or Jets still played in the city. Whereas Bloomberg went out of his way to let the Giants have a parade, Koch told the NJ Giants (the team I root for, BTW) to have their parade in New Jersey.

17. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 15, 2011 4:14 PM

I see people on the streets on R&R’s on gun charges, with PRIORS, why did Bloomberg feel the need to OD like that with the press conference?

The sad thing is, at the time, I predicted that he would speak up. Typical politician.

18. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 15, 2011 4:30 PM

Even the Mayor is delusional about the Jet’s chances to sniff the SuperBowl.

19. whatchutalkinabouthillis says: Aug 15, 2011 7:25 PM

Bloomberg was an ass to do that to Plaxico. I would love it if Plaxico was incredibly rude in response. Being incredibly rude to politicians pleases me in any context.

20. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 15, 2011 10:00 PM

b7p19 says: Aug 15, 2011 12:35 PM

————

NOPE.

21. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 15, 2011 10:01 PM

whatchutalkinabouthillis says: Aug 15, 2011 7:25 PM

————-

THIS.

SAME HERE.

22. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 15, 2011 10:01 PM

Yeah old man Ed was the man. He still lives around the way from me. “TAKE YER PARADE TO MOONACHIE!”