We’ve already recapped what we learned from all the preseason games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Let’s wrap up the first week of the preseason with a look at Monday Night’s action.
1. The transition to outside linebacker could take some time for former No. 1 overall pick Mario Williams. The Texans pass rusher did not look comfortable when he played in space.
2. The Jets’ offensive line depth looks shaky. Backup center Rob Turner went down to injury, and Vladimir Ducasse struggled badly as a reserve tackle during the game.
New York will get Nick Mangold and Brandon Moore back from injury, but they had higher hopes for Ducasse, a second round pick from a year ago. Turner is a key reserve.
3. Texans running back Derrick Ward also left with an injury. Houston’s top four running backs are now all hurt. None of them have serious injuries, but this has become a troubling camp issue for Houston.
4. It was a brief appearance, but Texans first round pick defensive end J.J. Watt looked like a guy ready to start right away.
5. Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez didn’t show up to the game in this outfit. He did look sharp completing 6-of-7 passes for 43 yards.