Jim Tressel visits Browns practice

Jim Tressel, Mike Holmgren AP

As the NFL continues to mull the question of whether former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor will be eligible for the league’s supplemental draft on Wednesday, Pryor’s former coach was hanging out on Tuesday with one of the teams that is believed to be interested in drafting Pryor.

As our brethren at CFT point out, Jim Tressel attended Browns practice today, along with former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr.

Tressel said he plans to coach again, but he didn’t mention the level of the sport at which he’d like to coach.  He said only that he wouldn’t become a consultant for the Browns “right now.”

Of course, tomorrow isn’t “right now.”  And, as of tomorrow, Pryor could be a member of the organization.

As of “right now,” all we know is that Jim Tressel is really, really short — or Mike Holmgren is really, really tall.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
22 Responses to “Jim Tressel visits Browns practice”
  1. thephantomstranger says: Aug 16, 2011 5:33 PM

Holmgren looks like he’s about to eat Tressel.

2. tommyf15 says: Aug 16, 2011 5:33 PM

I predict that Jim Tressel coaches an NFL team in 2012.

3. talkintrashallday says: Aug 16, 2011 5:47 PM

He’s trying to sell his Ohio State sweater vest

4. 191kfd says: Aug 16, 2011 5:48 PM

Someone is mistaken. That is NOT Jim Tressel. That man is not wearing a sweater vest

5. derekjetersmansion says: Aug 16, 2011 5:52 PM

What would he coach? Is he trying for a head job? He’s not known for a position like Gruden.

6. godofwine330 says: Aug 16, 2011 5:52 PM

The short joke was too far…nah, just kidding. Funny is funny. Tressel great coach, but he is short as hell…or Holmgren is tall as hell.

I hope Tressel coaches again. I wished he hadn’t “resigned” in the first place. Like Pete Carroll, him resigning isn’t going to make the penalties go away. If I were him, I’d have stayed put, showed my players and recruits that, “I have your backs, and I would never quit on you.” That wins you solidarity in the locker room and with recruits. Make them force you out, and make them SAY they forced you out.

I’m just saying…Go Bucks! Blue Sucks!

7. tommyf15 says: Aug 16, 2011 6:04 PM

godofwine330 says:

The NCAA has actually been quite lenient on Ohio State. They’re eligible for the 2011 Big Ten Championship and the postseason, while for the second straight season Southern Cal will not be.

Tressel departure was called a resignation at first, but it was later revealed that Ohio State actually gave him a “resign or your fired” edict.

8. hobartbaker says: Aug 16, 2011 6:17 PM

“See them towels over there, Jim? You got to gather them all up at the end of the practice. Gatorade bottles too. Make sure the guys always have fresh ones…………….hell, you been around the game long enough, I don’t really have to explain it to you.”.

9. couldntthinkofaname says: Aug 16, 2011 6:19 PM

Wow. I bet the world’s biggest circle jerk took place today. Saint Tressel in Berea? Hey, it don’t get no better than that for Clevelanders!

Now go get Pryor and really make your dreams come true.

10. trickbunny says: Aug 16, 2011 6:34 PM

couldntthinkofaname says:
    Aug 16, 2011 6:19 PM

Now go get Pryor and really make your dreams come true.
    ———————————————–

Whine much?

11. coldyron says: Aug 16, 2011 6:34 PM

Cleveland is definitely not an Ohio State town no matter what people say. Most people there realize how overrated Ohio State is and how bad the Big 10 is.

12. ninjapleazee says: Aug 16, 2011 6:37 PM

Tressel to NFL why not.. NFL already hires cheaters and liars like Pete Carroll

13. melikefootball says: Aug 16, 2011 6:40 PM

You have to feel sorry for Brown fans, they have put up with a lot. Now a cheating , liar come calling.

14. stairwayto7 says: Aug 16, 2011 7:08 PM

Tressel will make the Brown leave Cleveland yet again!

15. polegojim says: Aug 16, 2011 7:10 PM

Tressel will coach again, and whoever gets him will be very fortunate.

He’s welcome on my sideline anytime.

@godo – Go BLUE and enjoy the view. I’ll be sure to waive as our bus passes you by.
    Glad you had a few years to gain at a little ground on our overall dominance.

16. timtheenchanter1 says: Aug 16, 2011 7:17 PM

“See that guy over there — he manages our Salary Cap. At this level, we can’t just pay them as much as they want…”

17. larrydavidstern says: Aug 16, 2011 7:35 PM

I’m an Ohio State fan, and Tressel is a great coach if you want to win conference championships. However, if u want to win national championships, I would look elsewhere. His conservative, play not lose, the punt is the best play in football philosophy makes it very difficult to go a season undefeated, which u need to do in order to play for the BCS title.

18. ernestbynershands says: Aug 16, 2011 9:09 PM

Terrell Pryor to the Browns?
    Did the Browns hire Mike Brown to run the team?

19. tatum064 says: Aug 17, 2011 5:23 AM

ninjapleazee says:
    Aug 16, 2011 6:37 PM
    Tressel to NFL why not.. NFL already hires cheaters and liars like Pete Carroll
    =============================
    “cheaters and liars” brought MILLIONS to the Athletic Department and revenue for the school. There are 100 other schools that would drop 10 mil on Carroll to coach…only reason why Tressel didnt get more run is that he never won a National Title. Until the NCAA ends legal enslavement of blue chip players (who cant even work part-time) to get money, expect the same stuff to continue.

wake up

20. fdromanowski says: Aug 17, 2011 9:04 AM

Holmgren is tall. He’s like 6’5″ or 6’6″.

21. lbcoach34 says: Aug 17, 2011 9:56 AM

Every big-time program in college football is corrupt.

Lloyd Carr’s coaching was suspect – but man did he bring in some talent…how about former Browns coach Butch Davis??? At Miami he had unbeleivable teams – and now at UNC. Pete Carroll – Oregon HC – and now Miami U. Pick a school, any school – you’ll find corruption

22. marjax says: Aug 17, 2011 1:54 PM

I was gonna say 6’4. Saw him at Indians opening day last year and was definitely surprised how tall he was. Tress is probably around 5’10, 5’11