With Burress on the field, Ryan says offense looks “scary”

Plaxico Burress AP

Receiver Plaxico Burress joined the Jets on July 31.  Before he could practice with the team, he twisted his ankle while working out on his own.

First a “tweak” and then a “classic” sprain, Burress hadn’t been able to practice until today.

On Wednesday, Burress made it onto the field.  And coach Rex Ryan liked what he saw, now that Burress and Derrick Mason and Santonio Holmes were on the field at the same time.

“It looks scary,” Ryan said.  “You have that group out there and then you have Dustin [Keller] at your tight end and either Shonn Greene or [LaDainian Tomlinson] in the backfield.  That’s what we’ve been waiting for.”

Ryan thinks he’ll get to see Burress and the rest of the weapons in action on Sunday against the Bengals.

“Well remember last time, I don’t want to [jinx] him,” Ryan said.  “I think he will play, but last time I thought he would, it was best that he didn’t.  But I think he’ll be in there.  Without question I think he’ll be in there.”

And Burress thinks he’ll be good.

“I know where I am,” Burress said Wednesday.  “I know what I’m capable of doing.  Everybody expects [a dropoff because] I’ve been away for two years, and I just turned 34 and all those things.  None of those things matter to me.  I believe that I’m still one of the best out there competing and I’m not going to lose that mindset.  I’m going to go out and my mindset is to dominate one-on-one and that’s what I’ve been pretty much doing throughout my career and I’m not going to stop that mindset now.”

We’ll find out soon whether that mindset is just a mindset, or whether it’s still the truth.

Permalink 119 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
119 Responses to “With Burress on the field, Ryan says offense looks “scary””
  1. drbandkgb says: Aug 17, 2011 10:52 PM

Looks scary old…

2. ilovefoolsball says: Aug 17, 2011 10:53 PM

Too bad they don’t really have a QB that can make a difference.

3. ilovefoolsball says: Aug 17, 2011 10:55 PM

When will Rex Ryan say something that actually matters?

4. xstaticonradio says: Aug 17, 2011 10:55 PM

Does this fatass ever shut up

5. bleedgreen4life says: Aug 17, 2011 10:55 PM

Coming from the same guy who guaranteed a Jets superbowl the past two seasons.

6. RussianBreadMaker says: Aug 17, 2011 10:55 PM

Scary like his wife’s feet???

7. giorgiom3 says: Aug 17, 2011 10:56 PM

If only they had a QB to throw to Plax with a higher career QB rating than Mr. Sanchez’s 70.2…Or 29-33 TD/INT ratio…

8. thejuddstir says: Aug 17, 2011 10:56 PM

I’d rather listen to B. Favre be wishy washy about retiring than Rex the Mouth and his b.s.

9. davidm1886 says: Aug 17, 2011 10:57 PM

34 year old receiver misses alot of time………..michael vick took a year to return to form……….if burress takes a year he’ll be 35 right? ouch. i don’t have confidence he’ll return to form

10. scudbot says: Aug 17, 2011 10:57 PM

How could a day go by without seeing a story about Ryan’s mouth.

11. ch8878 says: Aug 17, 2011 10:57 PM

Rex blowing smoke up peoples as$es again, the Jets O-Line looked like junk against the Texans the Bills may beat them this year !

12. biggs13 says: Aug 17, 2011 10:59 PM

Why is he bringing his gun?

13. camdenyard says: Aug 17, 2011 10:59 PM

There he goes again….Rex being Rex.

14. lostsok says: Aug 17, 2011 11:01 PM

However, with Mark Sanchez on the field…the offense looks spastic.

So it all evens out.

15. raiderej says: Aug 17, 2011 11:01 PM

I guess Rex has a fear of those who wer socks.

16. camssportsjam says: Aug 17, 2011 11:02 PM

scary good? or scary bad? ;)

17. raiderej says: Aug 17, 2011 11:02 PM

I guess Rex has a fear of those who wear socks

18. Andre's Johnson says: Aug 17, 2011 11:04 PM

Scary like cracked heels.

Or ingrown toenails.

Or athlete’s foot.

I know this is going to be a thumbs-down from every Jets fan in New York, but the Rex Ryan foot jokes never get old.

19. typicaleaglesfan says: Aug 17, 2011 11:04 PM

Leave it to Rex to put a foot in his mouth. Oops I meant his foot in his mouth.

20. russbuss12 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:05 PM

in all honesty im a jets fan and i do not understand most of their off season moves…

burress over edwards in my opinion is a drop off in production plus the fact that burress has 3 mill guaranteed while braylon is 1 mil unguaranteed

Mason over cotchery is just plain stupid … cothchery was the defintion of playing like a jet… does anyone remember his catch last year with a nearly torn groin

losing smith i can live with as he really isnt worth 4 mil a year

maybin is just plain stupid as they just went through the same thing with gholston

basically i dont see any areas that they got better and to be honest i think shonn green gets too much hype for the 2 good postseason games he had 2 years ago… again i am jets fan but i needed to be honest

21. suckleague says: Aug 17, 2011 11:05 PM

I agree, he’s a weird looking dude.

22. saturn1111 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:05 PM

Ryan’s willingness to spew chunks about his team’s awesomeness has become the norm…completely boring…and ineffective.

23. flagstaffphotos says: Aug 17, 2011 11:06 PM

Like — 28 to 21 scary??

24. flagstaffphotos says: Aug 17, 2011 11:06 PM

Or like — “oh crap, I think I just shot myself” scary?

25. Patskrieg dot com says: Aug 17, 2011 11:07 PM

Rex has been banking on exploiting the Burress v. Ellis Hobbs matchup again all summer. Please no one ruin the surprise for him.

26. laxer37 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:07 PM

Self-inflicted gunshot wounds are also scary.

27. hotb0x says: Aug 17, 2011 11:08 PM

All they throw is slants anyway. I don’t understand why teams don’t press on that.

28. vahawker says: Aug 17, 2011 11:08 PM

It looks scary because he still has The Sanchize trying to throw the rock to all those egos.

29. cowboysfan18 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:08 PM

I wonder just how “scary” a 34 year old receiver who hasn’t played in 2 years can be.

30. cowboysfan18 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:10 PM

P.S., the Jets win in spite of GQ boy, not because of him.

31. 305phinphan says: Aug 17, 2011 11:10 PM

It will never be scary with Mark Sanchez at the helms. If Sanchez got hurt and Greg Mcelroy I would be a little more scared.

32. wtfru2 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:10 PM

You want to know what’s scary?

Rex sucking on his wife’s toes!

33. novajoemicmac says: Aug 17, 2011 11:11 PM

Does he pass out handguns to his teammates when he steps on the field?

34. rexryansdirtysock says: Aug 17, 2011 11:13 PM

Ryan later predicted that the combination of Burress, Holmes, and Mason would contribute more than 500 catches to the club.

35. jerseysportsbullies says: Aug 17, 2011 11:14 PM

Must be bringing his gun onto the field. How else could a 34 yr old banged up Plaxico Buress who hasn’t played in 2 yrs make an offense “scary.”

36. jacksaysfu says: Aug 17, 2011 11:16 PM

“With burress on the field rex says offense looks scary”

thats cause he’s not sure if Plax is still carrying that gun !

37. eaglesnation says: Aug 17, 2011 11:18 PM

The “scariest” thing about that offense is that the Jets are relying on Mark Sanchez to operate it…

38. blackbug99 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:18 PM

News Flash to all the troops and ships at sea….Rex and the Jets are talking about themselves, again!!

39. herlies says: Aug 17, 2011 11:20 PM

Well, considering that the Jets failed to score a single TD in 25% of their games last year… I understand the excitement over Burress.

Still, the Jets are not scary on offense. Philly is scary, Green Bay is scary.

The Jets look average.

40. iamgoodkid says: Aug 17, 2011 11:20 PM

oh my god!!!!!!!!!! why cant they talk about miami or atlanta they are going to be the team to beat this year AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

41. apac6586 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:20 PM

With Ryan in line, a buffet says it’s future looks scary.

42. brownsfn says: Aug 17, 2011 11:21 PM

He’s gonna be a huge dissapointment…mark my mindset…

43. tbd3 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:22 PM

Yeah, and I’m sure the defense looks a hundred times better with Aaron Maybin according to Rex.

Rex Ryan, king of hyperbole.

44. billythakid12 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:23 PM

When is Rex gonna shut up? Does he really think that adding Mason and Burress is an upgrade over Braylon, cotchery, and brad smith? At least those guys had developed a rapport with sanchez. Their team downgraded this year in my opinion and I think Rex would be wise to quiet down a little more, but we probably won’t see that happen until the Pats are leaving them in the dust

45. rectumnearlykilledem says: Aug 17, 2011 11:23 PM

I would describe any offense led by Mark Sanchez as “scary”… maybe even “horrific”.

46. trbowman says: Aug 17, 2011 11:23 PM

I like Rex, but he’s become the “boy cries wolf” of the NFL.

He praises everyone and everything, constantly. At this point, no one is listening.

47. mmmpieyummy says: Aug 17, 2011 11:24 PM

But you know what’s really scary? The guy trying to throw them the ball…good luck with that.

48. 7to10for6allday says: Aug 17, 2011 11:25 PM

Giants are pissed that they missed out on plax, lost Steve smith. Lol

49. june20102002 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:25 PM

I believe him. I think the Giants shot themselves on the foot with this one!!!

50. timpuzzle says: Aug 17, 2011 11:26 PM

So many weapons. It might be scary with a good quarterback…

51. BTC says: Aug 17, 2011 11:28 PM

Any offense helmed by Mark Sanchez is “scary,” though I’m not sure in the way this article means.

52. supashug says: Aug 17, 2011 11:29 PM

Holy Crap, will you STFU you fat ass loud mouth.

Sanchez is still the one throwing and judging by the first preseason game your o line blows.

again STFU Ryan

53. southridge23 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:30 PM

OMFG ENOUGH!! Seriously, I like Rex Ryan but this site has made me hate him…do you guys have a quota of jets stories you must meet daily?? I can’t wait to see these idiots fall on their faces……..again!

54. djstat says: Aug 17, 2011 11:33 PM

the ryan family are losers. will never win anything. Rex needs to know his role and shut his mouth

55. nevermore52 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:34 PM

I got a crisp $20 that says Mason has a better year than Burress AND Holmes. He might be one of the most underrated recievers ever. He’s creeping in on 1000 catches and 10,000 yards; Not to mention he’s top 5 all-time in total yardage when you add in the returns. Dude is also of the top route runners in the league. The only reason the Ravens let go of him was to save cap space, and they got screwed until they picked up Evans. Holmes is definitely more of a big play guy, but Mason is ridiculously consistent. I don’t think Burress does too much this year, but Mason and Keller are gonna be like binkies to baby Sanchize!

56. moelester says: Aug 17, 2011 11:34 PM

Well Rexy, get a real QB and shut your mouth and the Jets might be worth watching

57. bmorethansteel says: Aug 17, 2011 11:35 PM

Someone shut his mouth! No wonder Steve Bisciotti didn’t want this CLOWN as a head coach. Put a toe in it Rex you’re making yourself look stupid! Oh wait, too late!

58. We'reFineThere says: Aug 17, 2011 11:36 PM

I guess Rex doesn’t read message boards and PFT comments because apparently the Packers have 6 WRs and 3 TEs better than what’s in the Hall of Fame right now.

59. skinsdiehard says: Aug 17, 2011 11:37 PM

This team is filled with prima donnas, starting with Sanchez. I would like to root for the Jets but just cannot because of Rex Ryan, Sanchez and now Burress. Revis, Tomlinson and Holmes are likeable players.

60. chademer07 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:37 PM

Scary for who? Jets fans?

61. ricardoheinze says: Aug 17, 2011 11:39 PM

Did he by any chance guarantee a Superbowl after making that statement?

62. afc22 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:39 PM

it still all depends on Sanchez. if he steps it up they will be scary.

63. mikecal645 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:41 PM

Yea that offensive line does look scary but only for Sanchez

64. jrs1972 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:41 PM

Now all they need is a QB that can complete a pass more then 8 yards.

65. dgreenfi says: Aug 17, 2011 11:42 PM

Scary like Halloween scary or scary like Rex Ryan foot fetish video scary?

66. schemefactory says: Aug 17, 2011 11:42 PM

mindset, shmindset. dream team #3? whatever.

67. armchairqb says: Aug 17, 2011 11:44 PM

Yawn. When you always speak in superlatives, they kind of lose their meaning. So … this is the third straight year the offense has looked “scary,” they’re going to win the Super Bowl, blah, blah, blah.

Shut up and play, Rex.

68. bhenryman says: Aug 17, 2011 11:46 PM

I love it you got ur playmaker in holmes, burress for the red zone which the jets were horrible in last year, and you got mason in the slot….

69. djbleedthestar says: Aug 17, 2011 11:47 PM

Yawn..Bunch of old guys. Santonio is the only threat. Sanchez has done ok for them but not enough to make that offense strive

70. blackandpurple52 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:47 PM

i wonder if plax will wear sweatpants…

71. andyreidisfat says: Aug 17, 2011 11:47 PM

I saw the highlights of Burris and if i was Ryan i would be scared as well looking at how many easy passes and how slow Burris looked getting off the line.

I would say if i had an over the hill RB an over the hill WR the most overrated WR in history of the NFL and a guy who was in prison and missed two years at WR and a QB who has been one of the worst QB’s that started the last two years. Pretty scary.

By mid season Kerley will be starting in fact by mid season he may be the best WR on the team.

This team better hope Greene is ready to be a superstar.

72. blackandpurple52 says: Aug 17, 2011 11:48 PM

i wonder if plax will wear sweatpants….

73. tedmurph says: Aug 17, 2011 11:48 PM

Wow, hope Sanchise can complete more than 55% of his passes and throw more TD’s than INT’s. Hasn’t done it yet in his career.

74. leroysbutler says: Aug 17, 2011 11:50 PM

Why does he have a gun?

75. promickey says: Aug 17, 2011 11:52 PM

If only a team could get to the AFC Championship game with just talk. The Jets would not have to play the season. The Jets have dropped two younger receivers which will make a difference. I say they do not get to the AFC Championship game again. Tomlinson is also a year older. Sanchez will be better but his receivers will be much slower. The only thing that looks scary is the tattoo on the lower leg of Rex Ryan.

76. profootballwalk says: Aug 17, 2011 11:53 PM

A guy running around with a loaded gun in his pants is always scary.

77. sickpuppyz says: Aug 17, 2011 11:56 PM

tutting your own horn much there rexy? What’s scarier is plaxico getting a twisted ankle every time he steps on a pebble. the guy has chronic ankle problems….and how many games do you think mason will last going over the middle every time? As for LT he is 3 years removed from being scary. By mid-October he will be too tired and cold to produce more than hot breaths of air.

even if old convict plax can still go deep, its too bad sanchez doesn’t have the arm for it.

78. jay72 says: Aug 18, 2011 12:20 AM

Before too long, Rexy is going to actually need to win something or his blowhard act is going to get stale quickly. Run your mouth if you want, but don’t whine if New Yorkers run you out of town on a rail if you gag when it’s all on the line for the third year in a row.

79. Nevis says: Aug 18, 2011 12:21 AM

Until Sanchez takes the snap. He’s Eli, only younger. Must be a NY thing.

80. ltshouldstillbeinsd says: Aug 18, 2011 12:21 AM

jets should put a gag order on rex… he just keeps making him and the organization look worse and worse with each ridiculous comment…

81. nomoreseasontix says: Aug 18, 2011 12:25 AM

“None of those things matter to me. I believe that I’m still one of the best out there”
    ________________________

Man… You weren’t one of the best before you went inside. How can you be now??

82. terrellblowens says: Aug 18, 2011 12:52 AM

You know what makes me laugh? The Jets traded a big chunk of their 2009 draft to be able to get Sanchez. Guess who was picked with the Jets’ original draft slot at #17. Josh Freeman. I would take Freeman over Sanchez every day of the week. He threw more TDs, had half as many picks, and his QB rating was 20 points higher while playing on a team with much less talent than Sanchez. Jets would have done better standing pat in 2009. Sanchez sucks but he’s got the NY media hyping him up. Jets fans had better hope year 3 with Dirty Sanchez is better if they want a shot at the Super Bowl. They have pretty much downgraded in every area and gotten old washed up vets this offseason

83. bolt4life says: Aug 18, 2011 12:59 AM

Rex is starting to talk too much to where it goes from productive to counter productive. If you keep saying all these things, eventually it will wear thin with too many players/people when they don’t come true.

Also, if it wasn’t a New York team, the Jets wouldn’t get nearly as much publicity for Rex.

84. cuzz4169 says: Aug 18, 2011 1:19 AM

Do they have a QB yet?

85. eaglesdynasty says: Aug 18, 2011 1:26 AM

not sure moving on from Braylon and adding Burress makes the Jets offense all that more scary.

more to the point Im not sure the Jets did all that much to help them finally get over that AFCC game hump either.

Steelers, Pats and Colts still the big dogs in the AFC as far as im concerned with the Jets, Ravens and Chargers behind them

86. Eric Fay says: Aug 18, 2011 2:55 AM

I definitely think theres a 100 percent chance I might possibly be totally gay

87. hailvictory10 says: Aug 18, 2011 2:56 AM

Jets = Another year losing in the playoffs

wow, cant wait

88. hailvictory10 says: Aug 18, 2011 2:57 AM

Scary is the team Chefs and cooks when Rex say he is hungry

89. kingtrukr says: Aug 18, 2011 3:51 AM

Ryan says offense looks “scary”

Well that’s not really going out on a limb or anything. The Jets offense has looked pretty scary for a few years now.

Oh… Did he mean scary in an intimidating way?

90. jetfanfolife says: Aug 18, 2011 5:06 AM

QB Stats in last years playoffs..

Mark Sanchez vs Brady in last years playoffs

MS Rating 127.3
    TB Rating 89.0

Although we lost this one…

Mark Sanchez vs Roethlisberger in last years playoffs

MS Rating 102.2
    BR Rating 35.5<—(and you say Mark Sucks)

Truly you are just haters and know NOTHING about a good QB

91. lockoftheweak says: Aug 18, 2011 5:56 AM

Between Ryan’s foot jokes and Burress’ gun jokes the Jets should revise their offense to the old ‘Run and Shoot’.

92. dennis2488 says: Aug 18, 2011 6:04 AM

scary how? like halloween scary or plaxico is on the field with an unliscensed loaded hand gun in his pads?

93. patssucbalz says: Aug 18, 2011 6:17 AM

It’s funny how many comments Rex Ryan and the jets get, before Rex no one cared about the jets! Now all you assh—- got an opinion, and yes he keeps talking super bowl, and he never gets close oh wait.. He has been coaching two years and has been to two afc championship games.. He does suck, and for all the stats you fantasy geeks pull, the only stats that matter are wins and losses. Sanchez has more road playoff wins than any other current qb.. So in a fantasy league take ryan or rivers but in a real playoff game go with Sanchez! All the old talk too… Ochostinko is old patton is old welker is old wilfork old haynesworth is fat and old Ellis is old and over paid and Brady is not getting younger..

94. akulabug says: Aug 18, 2011 7:10 AM

Ryan – We are the best the best the best.

Bellchick – We are not where we want to be, we have a lot of work to do

Three superbowls beats hot air any day

95. dolphinsrule65 says: Aug 18, 2011 7:41 AM

To JETFANFOLIFE:
    THIS IS SCARY!!!
    Henne’s passing yards: 6,179. Sanchez: 5,735.

Henne’s touchdowns: 27. Sanchez: 29.

Henne’s completion percentage: 61.1 percent. Sanchez: 54.4.

Henne’s interceptions: 33. Sanchez: 33.

Henne’s quarterback rating: 75.3. Sanchez: 70.2

Henne’s fumbles: three. Sanchez: 13.

96. dolphinsrule65 says: Aug 18, 2011 7:45 AM

Sanchez is no better the Chad Henne, Yea that is scary for JET fans…

97. sj39 says: Aug 18, 2011 7:52 AM

AFC fans and all their hate for division rivals just crack me up. I love the way Rex gets under their skin.

98. cjspiller12 says: Aug 18, 2011 7:55 AM

@jetfanfolife……….stats don’t lie……..Nacho Sanchez does suck.

99. drumzan says: Aug 18, 2011 7:58 AM

An offense is only as good as its QB. Eddie Murphy had a better musical career than Mark Sanchez will ever be at QB.

100. dude53 says: Aug 18, 2011 8:08 AM

More hot air…..Rex’s game is getting old.

101. imopen7 says: Aug 18, 2011 8:21 AM

Scary as in….a flash of this in week5, a flash of that in week 11…and then…then they realize they suck and lose in January…again. That can be scary.

102. imopen7 says: Aug 18, 2011 8:24 AM

OOORRRR…scary as in a convicted felon here…a pot-head there….an NCAA rules violator over there. A jail-yard can be scary. Wow

103. dsigrey says: Aug 18, 2011 8:53 AM

The o-line looks scary as well, not in a good way either. Too bad Sanchez won’t have time to get any of them the ball. The Jets will be taking a Giant step back this year.

104. stonecld33 says: Aug 18, 2011 8:54 AM

Fat Rex needs to stop watching the madden games being played in the locker room and realize it’s in the game not on the field. My team is scary too with rice, largent and Irvin at wideouts and bavaro at te and Payton and Barry sanders in the backfield. Just sayin

105. Little Earthquake says: Aug 18, 2011 9:21 AM

He obviously scares easily.

106. richm2256 says: Aug 18, 2011 9:43 AM

@jetfanfolife:

Tell me you AREN’T seriously suggesting that Sanchez is a better quarterback than Tom Brady.

TELL me that, please.

Tom Brady, on his worst day, is ten times the quarterback that Sanchez is on his BEST.

Tell me, jetfanfolife, that if you were Tannenbaum and had a choice between Brady and Sanchez, you would take Sanchez.

Tell us that, right here, publicly, or forever STFU about this prom-queen dating clown.

107. drgfri says: Aug 18, 2011 9:45 AM

Scary, as in hide your teenage daughters from Sanchez and your sons from Burris. These guys are real low-lives. Classy, classy Jets…..

108. drunkendegenerate says: Aug 18, 2011 10:02 AM

richm2256

109. jetfanfolife says: Aug 18, 2011 12:22 PM

richm2256 says:
    Aug 18, 2011 9:43 AM
    @jetfanfolife:

TELL me that, please.

————————
    just because you have your panties in a bunch I will reply…In the two of the three games played last year against the Pats…SANCHEZ WAS A BETTER QB and OUTPLAYED BRADY….

STATS DO NOT LIE as some other idiot pointed out

I posted two post season game QB ratings, where Mark played better than both QBs. I do know he played horrible during the regular season, but if he has those rating from the Post Season into the regular season this year…YOU WILL ALL BOW TO ME

110. baboushka says: Aug 18, 2011 12:38 PM

HMMMM? Scary as in how? Is it scary because they are awful, and you expected them to be great? Scary because your own defense maybe sucks against them? Or is not as good as you thought? Or just scary because Plax is carrying another loaded gun around in his jock strap at practice? Give us a tad more info Sexy Rexy.

111. baboushka says: Aug 18, 2011 12:46 PM

@ richm2256

“The Patriots cheated and have not won ANYTHING since they were exposed. Coincidence? NOPE!”

Rarely has something so profoundly incorrect been said with such passion. You loudly proclaim they have won zero games! The correction is: The Patriots have been to the NFL playoffs every single year since spygate. They have been in the SuperBowl conversation every playoff season since Spygate. Don’t stumble too hard over facts, when lazy lies serve your purpose better.

112. bozosforall says: Aug 18, 2011 1:08 PM

tedmurph says:
    Aug 17, 2011 11:48 PM

__
    Wow, hope tedmurph finally moves out of his mommy’s basement and can find a job any better than McDonald’s assistant fry cook. Hasn’t done it yet in his lifetime.

113. bozosforall says: Aug 18, 2011 1:10 PM

baboushka says:
    Aug 18, 2011 12:46 PM
    @ richm2256

__
    Also don’t stumble over facts like the Pats haven’t won a title since the end of the 2004 season, when weak spin serves your purpose better. Go cry to your mommy, little baboushka.

114. tunescribe says: Aug 18, 2011 1:11 PM

What’s scary:

* Plaxico’s face. What a creepy looking dude.
    * Wrecks’ growing girth despite lap band surgery.
    * Li’l Marky named team captain by his coach.
    * LaClassian’s growing mirror collection.
    * Scott tripping over his lower lip vs. Texans.
    * Santonio seen smokin’ a doobie last weekend.
    * Antonio’s “wife” expecting triplets.
    * Maybin wanting revenge against the Bills.
    * Michelle Ryan’s gnarly fungal feet.
    * Woody Johnson’s green ties.
    * Thousands of unsold PSLs.

115. bozosforall says: Aug 18, 2011 1:12 PM

richm2256 says:
    Aug 18, 2011 9:43 AM
    @jetfanfolife:

TELL me that, please.

__
    Tannenbaum only takes Brady over Sanchez if he gets to film defensive signals from the sidelines going forward.

116. tunescribe says: Aug 18, 2011 1:33 PM

@bozosforall “Also don’t stumble over facts like the Pats haven’t won a title since the end of the 2004 season.”
    —————————————————————

Maybe once you climb out of the canyon of 42 years without a title of ANY kind, you’ll have grounds for such comments. Lots of things have changed since 1969 — were you even alive then? By the way, your screen name is perfect for the pathetic team you follow. Even better than New Jersey Green Beans.

117. patssucbalz says: Aug 18, 2011 1:34 PM

The pats missed the playoffs with cassel@babushka that was 08..pats fans talk stats and know nothing.. You know you guys forget when you had the white helmet with the lil gay dude bent over on it.. You sucked! So you cheated and good for you, but without cheating the pats aren’t so super. Oh regular season jets vs pats, jets 51 wins pats 49… If you count the playoffs the pats won 2 (but cheated) jets won 1. That would still put jets at 52 victories to the pats 51… So check your stats… 3 superbowl victories all with by cheating, jets 1 superbowl that made an entire league respectable!

118. ramsfanjoe says: Aug 18, 2011 4:24 PM

Lets seeone catch for 5 yds in his fist practice? Hey Rex, why don’t you for once shut your pie hole!

119. ramsfanjoe says: Aug 18, 2011 4:24 PM

Lets see one catch for 5 yds in his fist practice? Hey Rex, why don’t you for once shut your pie hole!