Broncos’ David Bruton hospitalized with head injury

Bruton_David

Broncos safety David Bruton was hospitalized after suffering a head injury during Saturday night’s game.

The Denver Post reports that Bruton left the game in the fourth quarter and was later taken out of the locker room on a gurnee and taken by ambulance to a Denver hospital.

Bruton stayed down after making a tackle, tried to get back up and then went back to the ground while the Broncos’ medical staff attended to him. He did eventually walk off the field, with help from the medical staff.

Josina Anderson reports that Bruton was unable to answer routine questions like how he got to the game and couldn’t complete routine tasks like repeating numbers backward during his post-injury evaluation.

In May we wrote about Bruton as one of the players making the most of the lockout: Bruton worked as a substitute teacher in the school district where he grew up, saying he was thankful to have some extra time to help kids in his community. We’re hoping he makes a full recovery.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
13 Responses to “Broncos’ David Bruton hospitalized with head injury”
  1. Jon DiPietro says: Aug 21, 2011 8:45 AM

What’s up with all of the head shots this week? Maybe it’s the heightened awareness from recent rule changes and controversies, but I watched the Bucs-Patriots game and there were no fewer than 4 “kill shots” straight to the head (I think only one of them was flagged).

These macho a-holes are not going to be happy until the lawmakers get involved and kill this game because the players and the league couldn’t police themselves.

2. hooknosemike says: Aug 21, 2011 8:49 AM

The Steelers would never have a player with a head injury. They have “zero tolerance” for these things.

3. nzyme says: Aug 21, 2011 8:52 AM

I had a grade II concussion once. I was still able to answer those type of questions and that was AFTER I stopped throwing up on the sidelines. That must have been some collision *ouch*.

4. outlawjerseywhales says: Aug 21, 2011 9:26 AM

Bruton was taken out of the locker room on a town in Illinois?

5. tatum064 says: Aug 21, 2011 9:45 AM

hooknosemike says:
    Aug 21, 2011 8:49 AM
    =============================
    Enough already with that …. WEAK MATERIAL.

6. qdog112 says: Aug 21, 2011 9:47 AM

Good luck young man. I hope you have a full recovery. Is this where the idiots talk about how greedy and over paid the players are?

7. KIR says: Aug 21, 2011 9:50 AM

and you clowns think they’re overpaid. smh

8. walletweb says: Aug 21, 2011 9:53 AM

Terrible to see an injury like this happen to any player especially one who recognizes how lucky he is and gives back to his community

9. habsman says: Aug 21, 2011 9:57 AM

Did not see the play he was injured on, but way too many head shots in the games I’ve seen so far.

Unless there is a major crack-down (continued fines/susspensions), its only a matter of time before somebody ends up in a wheel chair.

Hope Burton is OK, seems like he’s one of the good guys.

10. icewalker946 says: Aug 21, 2011 10:11 AM

outlawjerseywhales says:
    Aug 21, 2011 9:26 AM
    Bruton was taken out of the locker room on a town in Illinois?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Good catch!

Gurnee, IL is a city (town) and what Burton was taken out of the locker room was a *gurney*.

Gosh, am I a nerd or what? DON’T ANSWER THAT! :-)

11. mddare007 says: Aug 21, 2011 10:27 AM

As someone who lives in this guy’s hometown, I can attest to his good nature. He spends a lot of time volunteering and working with children. I hope he doesn’t suffer any ill-effects long term and I wish him a speedy recovery.

12. irishtemper419 says: Aug 21, 2011 1:34 PM

As a Irish fan I know he is a well respected man for his work out side of football. Get well soon ur n my prayers go Irish!

13. kate773 says: Aug 21, 2011 1:41 PM

He sounds like a really good guy. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Godspeed.