Fake Favre signs autographs in Green Bay

brett favre spoof

Since agent Bus Cook thinks “retired” quarterback Brett Favre is Elvis, it’s fitting that football’s version of the King now has an impersonator.

Per the Green Bay Press-Gazette, a man who looks like Favre has been showing up and signing autographs.  The guy even wears a Favre jersey.  (The Packers version, not the Vikings.  Or the Jets.  Or whatever team Brett may play for next.)

Favre’s travel coordinator, David Thomason, tells the Press-Gazette that Favre hasn’t been in Green Bay since last year’s game between the Vikings and the Packers.

Jerry Watson, who owns the Stadium View Bar & Grille in Ashwaubenon, said the impostor arrived Thursday night and signed autographs for 15 minutes.

The guy is a phony!” Watson said. “But he keeps his head down so you can’t get that good of a look at him.”

Here’s hoping that it’s actually the guy from the “What should I do?” parody.  I’d definitely ask for his autograph.

Permalink 74 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
74 Responses to “Fake Favre signs autographs in Green Bay”
  1. trbowman says: Aug 21, 2011 12:28 AM

That’s awesome.

2. frankrizzo51 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:29 AM

No one ever accused Packer fans as being intelligent.

3. davekiid says: Aug 21, 2011 12:29 AM

That parody was Awesome!!
    Should I take picture of my **** and send them t ppl? ahahaha

4. YouMadCauseImStylingOnYou says: Aug 21, 2011 12:32 AM

I’m waiting for Fake Favre to retire from celebrity impersonating before coming back to celebrity impersonating before retiring from celebrity impersonating before coming back to celebrity impersonating before retiring from celebrity impersonating for good.

5. deanvernonwormer says: Aug 21, 2011 12:34 AM

Does he sign Favre’s name or does he write his own?

6. sojumaster says: Aug 21, 2011 12:37 AM

That is alright, Favre is impersonating retirement.

7. jjrs89 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:37 AM

Should I show my dick to people?

8. timegambit says: Aug 21, 2011 12:39 AM

You’ll see this type of thing all year. People can sense weakness.

I signed autographs in gb as Reggie White for 4 years after his death and I’m a 5’6 135 lb latino female!

I made enough to graduate from a very popular Ivy League college and purchase a small island off the coast of South Africa.

God bless you simple people and your trophy case.

“Hey, I own part of the team!”….Precious.

9. mcannan4547 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:39 AM

Thats freaking awesome

10. rayjayjohnsonjr says: Aug 21, 2011 12:40 AM

Wouldn’t suprise anyone if it IS the real Favre. The guy just will not let it go and move on peacefully….what a miserable life he is in for.

11. dmq13 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:41 AM

Who would really want to be Brett Favre?

12. idolized1 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:42 AM

Sounds like this guy is doing a horrible impression. He didn’t even have his pecker hanging out…

13. drgfri says: Aug 21, 2011 12:45 AM

I hear the guy even texted photos of fake “little Brett” to Jen Sterger!

14. kd75 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:46 AM

I think we need to see hic coc..I mean crocks to decide.

15. xstaticonradio says: Aug 21, 2011 12:47 AM

Wish Favre would pull an Elvis and die already.

16. badfish6907 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:48 AM

Hopefully nobody gave him their cell number.

17. dannomac21 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:50 AM

the only nfl athlete that would wear his own jersey around in public places is probably deangelo hall.

18. cassrangers says: Aug 21, 2011 12:51 AM

I don’t know if it was him, regardless, that video he made was awesome, especially for its timing lol

19. scudbot says: Aug 21, 2011 12:54 AM

He won’t be “authentic” till he grabs his wife’s head and breaks wind on her.

20. canadianvikingfaniii says: Aug 21, 2011 12:59 AM

I have seen a guy at the grocery store a while ago who looked a lot like Favre…

21. hooknosemike says: Aug 21, 2011 1:02 AM

There is only 1 way to tell if its really Favre. Gotta take a pic of the junk to make sure.

22. bloodhawk23 says: Aug 21, 2011 1:05 AM

what a loser

23. scudbot says: Aug 21, 2011 1:14 AM

frankrizzo51 says: “No one ever accused Packer fans as being intelligent.” Actually NFL players chose Packer fans as having more knowledge than any other team’s fans. These were obviously tourists from Minnesota.

24. scudbot says: Aug 21, 2011 1:28 AM

The Packers ought to haul this guy into Lambeau and retire his jersey.

25. tatum064 says: Aug 21, 2011 1:28 AM

Hilarious!!!

26. cardmagnet says: Aug 21, 2011 1:29 AM

Wanna see my Danny Woodhead? That’s not even a joke. I just think he’s a good football players, so I named my ____ after him.

27. youdownwithjpp says: Aug 21, 2011 1:30 AM

frankrizzo51 says:
    Aug 21, 2011 12:29 AM
    No one ever accused Packer fans as being intelligent.
    ===================================

****No one ever accused Packer fans OF being intelligent. ****

I would worry about your own intelligence.

28. favrelous says: Aug 21, 2011 1:40 AM

Shows average intelligence of a Packer fan.

29. CKL says: Aug 21, 2011 1:47 AM

Favre has a “travel coordinator” even though he’s retired???
    WTF is THAT??
    It sounds like it could be either a fancy name for a travel agent, or a BS job people in the govt make up for their relatives to get on the taxpayer dime.

30. hobartbaker says: Aug 21, 2011 1:50 AM

That’s O.K., because everyone bought him rounds of that fake beer they sell in Wisconsin. Then it turned out the fat chick sitting with him had false teeth.

31. houndog50 says: Aug 21, 2011 2:21 AM

frankrizzo51 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:29 AM
    No one ever accused Packer fans as being intelligent.
    ———————————————————-
    Actually, the guy was signing autographs for Vikings fans in town to attend a cesspool maintenance training seminar put on by Steeler’s fans, and catered by Eagle’s fans.

No self respecting Packer fan would want Favre’s autograph!

32. VikesPrincess (Lisa) says: Aug 21, 2011 2:38 AM

Hilarious! Gotta love the Packer fans.

33. bensstinkyfingers says: Aug 21, 2011 2:49 AM

A little birdie told me, Vince Lombardi will be signing autographs next Thursday at Stadium View, from 5-7 pm. as well as $1.00 jaegerbombs and free fried cheese curds for first 20 customers. I’ll be there.

34. greenbay4ever says: Aug 21, 2011 2:59 AM

You guys are just like the media. Can’t stop taking about him. Get over it ladies.

35. MichaelEdits says: Aug 21, 2011 3:03 AM

Thanks to my new hairstyle, I’m available if you need someone to impersonate Dr Frankenstein.

36. welzy says: Aug 21, 2011 3:10 AM

The Eagles just signed him.

37. sincitykid702 says: Aug 21, 2011 5:25 AM

Wow really!? what morons! Did they really think that Brett favre walks around wearing his own green bay packer jersey!? Epic fail

38. gojags says: Aug 21, 2011 7:17 AM

This guy looks more like Ryan Mallet to me than Brett Favre.

39. denverdude7 says: Aug 21, 2011 7:23 AM

dannomac21 says:Aug 21, 2011 12:50 AM

———————————————————-
    Ah, how soon one forgets about Terrell Owens.

40. denverdude7 says: Aug 21, 2011 7:28 AM

Even when Brett Favre finally does go away

HE JUST DOESN’T GO AWAY.

Please, please, please…NO MORE FAVRE !!!

41. stellarperformance says: Aug 21, 2011 7:31 AM

frankrizzo51 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:29 AM
    No one ever accused Packer fans as being intelligent.
    —————————————————————–

Actually they have….but that is beside the point.

Sometimes Favre would sign his name “Frank Winters” if he was in the mood. Autographs are kinda lame anyway. What is the purpose, to prove that you met somebody.

42. halo81 says: Aug 21, 2011 7:50 AM

It’s sad when the first thing my wife asks is, “He’s not showing anyone his (junk) is he?”

43. richm2256 says: Aug 21, 2011 8:13 AM

Show me one athlete who goes around wearing his own jersey in public?

You’d have to be a real attention-wh@re.

……………. ummm, nevermind.

44. packerbacker69 says: Aug 21, 2011 9:07 AM

45. rajbais says: Aug 21, 2011 9:10 AM

Well, it’s not like the old days where the actual Brett Favre signed autographs, but acted like a phony!!!

46. j0esixpack says: Aug 21, 2011 9:30 AM

Must’ve been the same guy who played for the Jets.

47. beedubyatoo says: Aug 21, 2011 9:39 AM

Favre was actually signing autographs in a Burger King in Kalamazoo.

48. willcool21 says: Aug 21, 2011 9:43 AM

does he do kid birthday parties?

49. 3octaveFart says: Aug 21, 2011 9:46 AM

You’d have to be a very special kind of stupid to be standing at arms length away from a guy, and not know he wasn’t Brett Favre.

50. 3octaveFart says: Aug 21, 2011 9:48 AM

packerbacker69 says: Aug 21, 2011 9:07 AM

“Why does PRO FOOTBALL TALK always use a photo that is NOT Favre whenever they have a story about Favre? The photo at the start of this story is definitely not him. Poor reporting.”

Because you apparently missed a good joke about this guy a while back.
    No use trying to explain it to you now.

51. stairwayto7 says: Aug 21, 2011 9:56 AM

This shows how ignorant Packer fan really is! They are probably going to sell it on EBay! Oh wait Packer fans computer does not work with all the cheese and bratwurst droppings into the keyboard!

52. j972 says: Aug 21, 2011 10:26 AM

Brett will never come back to Green Bay and I don’t blame him!

53. orangeflh says: Aug 21, 2011 10:29 AM

The picture at the top is a picture of the guy in the parody video, not a picture of the fake Favre that was signing autographs. Chuckleheads.

54. 4512dawg4512 says: Aug 21, 2011 11:01 AM

Hahaha, thats just awesome! I wonder if he’s texting people pictures too?

55. baronvonmonocle says: Aug 21, 2011 11:14 AM

I can’t lie. This is awesome.

56. balzosteel says: Aug 21, 2011 11:32 AM

As a Packer fan, this makes me kinda sad. How could anybody not tell Brett Favre from an imposter? The guy only QB’d for us for 16 years, that’s all.

57. minnysoda says: Aug 21, 2011 11:40 AM

Anyone still stupid enough to still root for this guy who tried to wreck the Packers and did wreck the Vikings is stupid enough to get this clowns Autograph. I hope it cost you money or a least a couple of beers

58. stanklepoot says: Aug 21, 2011 11:41 AM

dmq13 says: Aug 21, 2011 12:41 AM

Who would really want to be Brett Favre?
    _____________________________
    Let me see.
    Pro being Favre:
    1.So much money I can do whatever I want for the rest of my life (and still leave plenty behind for my kids and their kids).
    2.Beautiful (and apparently forgiving) Wife
    3.Couple of great kids
    4.Hall of Fame career with multiple record career stats
    5.Still has tons of fans (including younger players) who respect what he was able to do

Anti Being Favre:
    1.A handful of tv “personalities” and people posting on chat boards who like to mock him, despite the fact that they’ve never been even remotely as good at anything in their lives as Favre was at being a QB.

Have to say, given the pros and cons, I’d certainly vote for being Favre.

59. innoculo says: Aug 21, 2011 11:53 AM

No true Packer fan would want his autograph.

60. ikickgypsies says: Aug 21, 2011 12:07 PM

balzosteel says: Aug 21, 2011 11:32 AM

**********************

Well obviously some Packer fans aren’t all that, how to put this politely, observant. But I think some of them probly knew on some level that it wasn’t really Favre but they were in denial about it and just wanted the autograph regardless.

Packer fans are so conflicted about Favre. Men want to be him, women want to be with him and some men want to be with him too but it’s such a love/hate relationship and they’re still having some abandonment issues as well.

For all Packer fans who think they hate him, remember, hate isn’t the opposite of love, indifference is the opposite of love. Hate is an angry, twisted love. You’ll all be much happier once you work your Favre issues out.

61. gdeli says: Aug 21, 2011 12:28 PM

That’s funny but he was upstaged by the fake rodgers autographs. No farve seen in GB since last years vike’s game? gee I wonder why? ha. Up yours packers but rodgers is a good guy. ha.

62. 1historian says: Aug 21, 2011 2:10 PM

FrankRizzo – work on your english – “no one ever accused Packer fans OF being intelligent” is the proper way to say it.

I don’t know who you root for – why don’t you tell us so we can take some shots at you?

FYI – I am 1) a Pats fan and 2) a Packers fan.

63. sevensixtwonato says: Aug 21, 2011 5:43 PM

No true Packer fan would want his autograph…
    ————————————————–

Why do you take sports so seriously? You hate a person on a personal level because he left one team and went to another, but only after he decided he didnt want to retire. You do know people retire from a job, only to decide to come out of retierment and work for a competitor all the time right?

Some fans just have a real hard time grasping that this is their JOB. They will go where they can best meet their goals, be it more money or a better chance at a championship. I will never understand fans who feel betrayed by a player leaving to go to another team.

64. paulharghis says: Aug 21, 2011 6:44 PM

You know what the funniest thing about this article is?

There were several adult male fans posting they wanted to see the fake Favre junk.
    Presumably to compare it to the real Favre junk.

When I say funny, I mean funny in a creep sort of way.

65. axespray says: Aug 21, 2011 7:07 PM

VikesPrincess (Lisa) says:Aug 21, 2011 2:38 AM
    “Hilarious! Gotta love the Packer fans.”

^ So how’d building that billboard begging him to comeback for “1 more magical season” work out for the vikings last year?

66. ikickgypsies says: Aug 21, 2011 7:41 PM

Wow I read a green bay blog describing what happened, they said there was a lineup of like 8 blocks of packer fans waiting for the impostor’s autograph: “a sea of middle aged men dressed in green, literally giggling and flapping their hands in excitement as they neared the man they mistakenly believed to be the authentic Brett Favre. As fans approached the impostor they screamed much like tween girls at a Justin Bieber concert, and several passed out and were provided medical attention.”

Unbelievable

67. balzosteel says: Aug 21, 2011 7:56 PM

stairwayto7 says:
    Aug 21, 2011 9:56 AM

Stairwayto7, are you still salty over Super Bowl XLV? Well, get over it!! Oh, and make sure you put your Stepdad’s Conway Twitty cassette back in his Camaro, or you won’t get any Pez for dinner.

68. paulharghis says: Aug 22, 2011 6:22 PM

===============================
    How did this asinine comment get 5 thumbs up?

Packer fans are even dumber than I gave them credit for.

69. stellarperformance says: Aug 23, 2011 6:58 AM

paulharghis says: Aug 22, 2011 6:22 PM
    Packer fans are even dumber than I gave them credit for.
    ————————————————————–

It makes sense that you would give someone credit for being dumb, something near and dear to your heart and a trait you demonstrate on this site often. A perfect example of “takes one to know one.”

70. ybo1 says: Aug 23, 2011 12:45 PM

As a Viking fan I have a love hate thing for Brett, but would I want his autograph? No, not really but I can understand Packer fans wanting it. Yeah, there were those rough times, but for many of those years in GB, he lead that team to some great victories, including a superbowl. Tons of great stats and yes, will be in the HOF. By then, most Packer and non-packer fans will forgive Brett of his bad press and forget it and I do hope remember the good Brett. I do think these fans that got this imposter’s autograph feel like fools. This guy with a hat and head down could pass for Brett. It’s the jersey that would give it away that this was not the real Brett Favre. Come on, even Favre is not that arrogant… then again, maybe he is!

71. paulharghis says: Aug 23, 2011 6:11 PM

stellarperformance says:
    Aug 23, 2011 6:58 AM
    paulharghis says: Aug 22, 2011 6:22 PM
    Packer fans are even dumber than I gave them credit for.
    ————————————————————–

================================

Why does that song Zombie keep running through my mind?

Oh yeah,

I’m in your heeaad, in your heeaad…….

72. favreblows says: Aug 23, 2011 8:54 PM

Well we know that it wasn’t Hargis impersonating Favre. That guy is so ugly his mother dropped him on his head when he was a small child…….on purpose…….multiple times.

73. stampnhawk says: Aug 24, 2011 3:08 AM

Fake or not, at least this guy signed autographs and if even for moments until realizing he was an imposter, made thier day…unlike the current Packers Qb who blows past cancer survivors who have pen in hand.

74. paulharghis says: Aug 24, 2011 6:28 PM

favreblows says:
    Aug 23, 2011 8:54 PM

==============================
    How many times are you planning on using this joke? It wasn’t funny the 1st 269 times you’ve used it, why would it be funny now?

You best find a better joke book……fast.