Hopefully you watched some football Sunday night. If not, we’ll let you know what you missed below.
1. So much for Plaxico Burress slowly working into the mix. He caught three passes for 66 yards and a diving touchdown in his Jets debut.
There was one miscommunication between Burress and Sanchez that nearly led to a pick, but this was a very promising start.
4. Cincinnati’s defense was actually much better than a week ago. Put on short fields repeatedly, defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer’s crew did a decent job limiting damage. They will have to carry this team because the offense has a long way to go.
2. Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan wasn’t shy showing his blitzes, but his secondary isn’t healthy enough to cover one-on-one right now.
3. Kevin Ogletree caught three passes for 27 yards, helping his chances of winning the Cowboys’ No. 3 receiver job.
5. Chargers running back Ryan Mathews backed up his training camp improvement with a solid game. (7 carries for 35 yards, including a 15-yard TD.) He could run with a little more decisiveness, but this was a nice step.