Chris Johnson will meet with Titans

Tennessee Titans v Seattle Seahawks Getty Images

Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt and owner Bud Adams both said over the weekend that they didn’t even see a point in talking to holdout running back Chris Johnson because the sides were so far apart. But they will talk this week.

Johnson wrote on Twitter today that he and his agent, Joel Segal, will be in Nashville tomorrow to talk to Reinfeldt. A league source confirmed to PFT that Johnson, Segal and Reinfeldt will meet on Wednesday.

“Flying out to Nashville tonight to meet with Joel and the GM in the morning to see which way were going. Could get better or worst,” Johnson wrote.

Meeting in Nashville seems like a step in the right direction. But the fact that Johnson thinks the situation could get worse is another indication that the sides remain far apart.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans
30 Responses to “Chris Johnson will meet with Titans”
  1. thephantomstranger says: Aug 23, 2011 3:28 PM

He didn’t say the situation could get worse. He said it could get worst.

2. medtxpack says: Aug 23, 2011 3:29 PM

“Could get better or worst,” Johnson wrote.”

well at least we know where you stand grammar wise…

i bet it gets worst….

3. trbowman says: Aug 23, 2011 3:29 PM

He’ll end up getting overpaid.

They should trade him, running backs are easily replacable and they could probably get a damn good in return for him.

4. sterilizecromartie says: Aug 23, 2011 3:30 PM

Better or worse.

5. boothisman says: Aug 23, 2011 3:32 PM

Chris, I speak for a lot of people when I say, my fantasy football team needs you!! Come back!!

6. nyctexan says: Aug 23, 2011 3:33 PM

Chris Johnson will meet with Titans… to ask for a shi*%^#d of money.

7. jooceman says: Aug 23, 2011 3:36 PM

He will meet with “the GM” because he can’t spell “Reinfeldt”. R-E-I-N-F-E-L-D-T??? Whaaaaa?

8. NFLJunkie says: Aug 23, 2011 3:40 PM

Jim Wyatt also reported today that safety Vinny Fuller took a pay cut (he’s on the bubble) which sounds like it lopped about $1-1.2M off the 2011 cap, maybe.

I was wondering if that might’ve been a precursor to some Johnson news. Maybe it gives the Titans a little more room to play with their parameters.

After seeing a couple of the O-line deals that came in the last few days (Kalil and Thomas), I started to think that might’ve given them some more data points to talk about guaranteed money, between DeAngelo Williams money and Larry Fitzgerald money.

9. quiettexan says: Aug 23, 2011 3:44 PM

as a texans fan i know this will never happen but trade the guy. he’s got signs of being albert haynesworth 2.0. it may set the titans back another few years but their not winning with hasselbeck anyway and locker (while my fav qb this year) is probably a season from starting at two or three from being playoff caliber (if he develops)

10. berniemadoffsides says: Aug 23, 2011 3:45 PM

Don’t forget this one: “which way WE’RE going”

Brilliant!

11. jacunn2000 says: Aug 23, 2011 3:47 PM

I don’t like Bud Adams, but I LOVE the fact that he pulled Johnsons Punk Card by by saying he was not going to give him anything with the way he was acting.

12. berniemadoffsides says: Aug 23, 2011 3:48 PM

He’s going to mess up the first round of everyone’s drafts soooo bad if he doesn’t sign this week…

13. FinFan68 says: Aug 23, 2011 3:59 PM

After CJ says “I want a ‘histry’ deal. 8 years 150 million, 75 million guaranteed” Bud can emerge from the back room, fire off a double-fingered salute and drag Reinfeldt away

14. rascalmanny says: Aug 23, 2011 4:17 PM

I want to see “no-way CJ” say no to 30 million. I want the titans to formally make an offer and release that to the public.

Personally, I’m happy with what the titans are doing without CJ. And if Manning’s not gonna start then the titans are in great shape for our division.

15. mmmpieyummy says: Aug 23, 2011 4:20 PM

Better or worst…what an idiot. Of course all you have to do is listen to him attempt to speak and you would know that.

Amazing educational system, that NCAA.

16. 1fitz1 says: Aug 23, 2011 4:22 PM

He will probably get overpaid. But good for him. He a top RB in da NFL. All the better for him if he does

17. jacksaysfu says: Aug 23, 2011 4:40 PM

I think it may get WORST .

18. tombradyswig says: Aug 23, 2011 4:40 PM

Well, for better or worst I guess!!!

19. titknocker says: Aug 23, 2011 4:47 PM

running backs are easily replaceable yes, replacing one that is as talented as cj2k is not. anybody that thinks the titans can just replace their all world running back w/ any other rb is delusional…….not happening. titans better pay this guy, or trade him and get a herschel walker type return!!

20. shofbauer says: Aug 23, 2011 4:50 PM

Love me some East Carolina edumacation. Jokes aside as a grad lets (fellow Pirates) hope its a typo.

21. nomoreseasontix says: Aug 23, 2011 4:53 PM

Anyone who uses “da” in place of “the” has zero credibility by default.

It’s a rule. I’m not making it up.

22. mikebrownstepdown says: Aug 23, 2011 5:00 PM

What’s the point? He’ll just hold out again next year and ask for more money.

23. dfwbillsfan14221 says: Aug 23, 2011 5:04 PM

I think we can officially stop trying to discuss paying NCAA atheletes when they get this kind of education for free!
    DOH!!!

24. bigd4defense says: Aug 23, 2011 5:49 PM

He’ll end up getting overpaid.

——————————————————

If backs are easily replaceable why would anybody give anybody “damn good” in return?

25. cincinnasti says: Aug 23, 2011 6:05 PM

Johnson could ruin his career with his contract demands.. He’s a little over his head on 30 million guaranteed.. No one will pay that even if the Titans outright cut his ass..

26. seneca1ss says: Aug 23, 2011 6:19 PM

He’s been buying time to get the THC outta his system

27. cantonbound13 says: Aug 23, 2011 7:03 PM

Just sign him already! My fantasy draft is this weekend & I need to know if I should draft him #1

28. touchdownsyndrome says: Aug 23, 2011 7:26 PM

Anyone who uses “da” in place of “the” has zero credibility by default.

It’s a rule. I’m not making it up.

——————————————————————————-

LOL

right now your post has 1 thumbs down. I Wonder who that could be?

29. habsman says: Aug 23, 2011 9:03 PM

In the big picture, running backs are over rated. Very few SB teams have top 5 backs.

30. santolonius says: Aug 23, 2011 9:27 PM

bad luck chris johnson got bud adams in this football life. he probably could have rolled a few of the other owners. but i don’t think he can’t beat adams in a game of chicken.