Adrian Wilson returns to practice

Arizona Cardinals Training Camp Getty Images

Florio wrote earlier this morning about Stephen Cooper, the Chargers linebacker who will try to play through a torn biceps muscle.

Cooper won’t be the only one.

Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson has been rehabbing his torn biceps for a few weeks and still hope to play in the season opener. He returned to a limited practice on Tuesday in an effort to start getting ready.  He won’t be involved in all drills at this point, but he’s pushing as hard as he can to get prepared for Week One, even if that seems like a longshot.

“Hopefully, that’s the day,” Wilson told the team’s website. “We’ll see. It’s all up to the Coach, all up to the medical staff.”

It was believed originally that Wilson could miss the season, and nothing is guaranteed about when he might return. The Cardinals will surely get a big boost if one of their emotional leaders is able to play through the pain.

(On a side note: Did anyone noticing Florio has been posting regularly since 3:50 a.m. today? Makes me feel like a slacker.)

Permalink 4 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Rumor Mill
4 Responses to “Adrian Wilson returns to practice”
  1. spike036 says: Aug 24, 2011 8:11 AM

Since the Bengals #1 WR is a rookie and Miami is desperate for a QB, I think the Bengals should try to trade Palmer for Brandon Marshall.

2. cardsfann1 says: Aug 24, 2011 8:31 AM

Wilson is an absolute monster on the field when healthy. He will not be healthy now. Love me some A-dub but I think he should shut it down for the teams sake and for his own personal safety.

3. billsrone says: Aug 24, 2011 9:05 AM

You ARE a slacker ???

4. patmcrotch says: Aug 24, 2011 10:35 AM

I couldn’t imagine how painful this would be. I had this plan to get in shape like a year ago so I did 13 curls and couldn’t lift my arms for 4 days.

On the upside, my conditioning is still better than Roy Williams’.