NFL Films, NBC Sports partner to create “NFL Turning Point”

NFL-Turning-Point

You possibly saw the promo during halftime of Sunday night’s Chargers-Cowboys game on NBC.  If you didn’t (or if you did), here’s more info about the first-ever NFL show to air on VERSUS.

NFL Films and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to create NFL Turning Point, a new weekly series in which the crucial moment of two games will be dissected, with the help of the football footage that only NFL Films can capture.

NFL Turning Point is symbolic of the high-quality, relevant programming viewers will see more of on our national, all-sports cable platform,” said Mark Lazarus, Chairman, NBC Sports Group.  “It unites two of sports’ premier storytellers in NBC Sports and NFL Films to bring viewers a new perspective on the game.”

“Showcasing the sounds and images of the game, from the smallest detail to the big picture has been our strength for nearly 50 years,” NFL Films president Steve Sabol said. “We are thrilled to get an opportunity to produce that type of show with a new partner in VERSUS.”

If you don’t already have VERSUS, call your cable or satellite provider to find out how to get it.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
28 Responses to “NFL Films, NBC Sports partner to create “NFL Turning Point””
  1. thephantomstranger says: Aug 24, 2011 1:30 PM

What is VERSUS?

2. nyctexan says: Aug 24, 2011 1:30 PM

scchhweeeet

3. damnyoulinelliot says: Aug 24, 2011 1:35 PM

Just get NFL Network on Time Warner, for cryin’ out loud!

4. hobartbaker says: Aug 24, 2011 1:37 PM

The VIRUS network.

NFL films missed the boat by not getting Terrelle Pryor on the Gatorade Everything To Prove series.

“I think the kid’s got big time talent, he just needs the chance….”.

5. mataug says: Aug 24, 2011 1:38 PM

I got Fios extreme hd… looking forward to it :)

6. jw731 says: Aug 24, 2011 1:41 PM

I think i have Versus……..somewhere……..

7. axltcu says: Aug 24, 2011 1:42 PM

sounds like an awesome concept but no one watches VERSUS

8. dickroy says: Aug 24, 2011 1:46 PM

Time Warner now offers Versus in the standard digital rate. With this coming on, I’m sure they will drop it and say its too expensive to carry at that rate. No matter with TV provider you have, they will continue to rip you off.

9. minkytails says: Aug 24, 2011 1:47 PM

How do I know if I have “VERSUS”? I don’t even know what the heck it is. Is there a vaccine that I can get so I don’t have to worry about it?

10. shackdelrio says: Aug 24, 2011 1:56 PM

I think viewership of that channel should go up once they change the name. But until then, it’s really just the home of the NHL and mediocre college football.

11. 3octaveFart says: Aug 24, 2011 1:57 PM

Turning Point.

Sounds like the day Goodell signed on and began to ruin football.

12. ravensos says: Aug 24, 2011 2:01 PM

Versus is owned by Comcast and now Comcast owns NBC.

And so the conglomerate f-you to america beginscontinues..

13. lexnekst says: Aug 24, 2011 2:03 PM

i have Comcast, so I know I have VERSUS- just gotta find it ….

14. pftard says: Aug 24, 2011 2:04 PM

What a great concept for a show. I’m glad they partnered with VS. Network for this. Looking forward to seeing this show.., unless they dissect why my team lost a game.., then that would suck.

15. lexnekst says: Aug 24, 2011 2:06 PM

The only difference between VERSUS & ESPN- Is people still watch ESPN for some reason. Versus is no worse than ESPN, really, but people are programmed to turn there. I mean really, even MNF on ESPN sucks- presentation and quality of the games. I have not made it past halftime on a MNF game in the last few years. Talk about boring.

16. gtmann says: Aug 24, 2011 2:07 PM

GREAT concept

17. facebook.com/joesimmonscomic AKA Slow Joe (Bucs fan) says: Aug 24, 2011 2:08 PM

Two games a week, huh? So, the Cowboys game and which other game will be dissected?

18. dickroy says: Aug 24, 2011 2:11 PM

Versus now covers Indy ca racing and a lot of hunting and fishing shows

19. paulbrownsrevenge says: Aug 24, 2011 2:27 PM

The Turning point was when Paul Tagliabue left the league and it turned into the Nerf Football League. Goodell should be thrown out on his ass for trying to destroy pro football. What would Vince Lombardi think of Ray Nitscke getting fined for a helmet to helmet hit?!?! He probably wouldn’t want his name of the championship trophy of a league that soft.

20. nflofficeadmin says: Aug 24, 2011 2:30 PM

I know no one probably agrees with me, but I actually liked the constant friction and awkward moments that came between Kornheiser, Theisman and Tirico. I know.. I’m the only one.

21. johnnycash19 says: Aug 24, 2011 2:37 PM

—-

Outside of Hockey it usually consists of fishing….. FISHING!!!!

Although since NFL Films is part of this it should be a good show.

22. depotnator says: Aug 24, 2011 2:39 PM

Why does NFL Films need NBC Sports or VERSUS? It has the NFLN for this production. I guess as long as they can get outsiders to pay a lot more than what it costs to produce, the NFLPA and owners are happy.

23. patriotsdefense says: Aug 24, 2011 3:15 PM

when will it being airing?

24. americankris says: Aug 24, 2011 3:29 PM

The more football the better.

25. Land Snark says: Aug 24, 2011 4:07 PM

NFLN missed the boat on this one. Does anyone else remember when the network first aired how they tried to dazzle you with the (lame) possibilities?

Maybe someone at NFLN should be getting a show like this instead of constantly airing Mike Irvin arguing with Dion and Sapp.

Good for Versus. It’s about time they got some relevant programming outside of tier 3 college ball and hockey.

26. kevpft says: Aug 24, 2011 4:28 PM

This brings to three the number of neato NFL products (NFL Network, Sunday Ticket, Turning Point) that I have no access to without paying a truly absurd amount of money for a lot of extra junk programming I don’t need.

The amount of extraneous, premium garbage between me and these NFL products isn’t worth it to me, sadly. NFL, find some way to make this more universally available, and/or available a la carte. Heck, if the NFL started its own cable-TV provider service, I’d probably sign up for it. All I need on TV is PBS and sports.

27. jarheadjed says: Aug 24, 2011 4:43 PM

In vaguely related news….does anyone know if the “NFL Matchup Show” will be coming on ESPN this year. I know it was almost cancelled last year, but ESPN saved it at the last minute or something. Hands down, the best football breakdown show on TV. They use game film and break down coverages and plays, very interesting.

Just wondering, haven’t heard it they decided to keep the show or not.

28. bobnelsonjr says: Aug 24, 2011 4:52 PM

The two games each week will total for the season:

30% Jets games

25 % Patriot games

20 % Steelers games

13 % Cowboys games

8 % Eagles games

3% Giants games

.05% Packers and Saints (because they have to slightly squeeze in mention of the Super Bowl wins)

.05% Total for every other team East of the Mississippi.

0% if your team is in the Mountain or Pacific Time Zone.