Kubiak says Foster is “day-to-day”

Arian Foster, Ahmad Brooks, Carlos Rogers AP

With the season opener only 14 days away and with Texans running back Arian Foster suffering from an aggravation of the hamstring injury he sustained on the first day of training camp, Houston fans (and all fantasy football players who have drafted Foster) are getting nervous.

Coach Gary Kubiak sounds optimistic.  At least for now.

“Everything was positive today,” Kubiak told reporters, a day after the injury.  “It looks like we’re dealing kind of with the same thing we were dealing with at the start of camp.  Hopefully get him back on the rehab train and get him ready for opening day.  He’ll be day-to-day.  I’ll keep you guys up to date, but we feel like we’re fortunate.”

Still, Kubiak acknowledged that the news won’t be as good as it can be until Foster actually returns.

“Until he’s there, it’s a concern,” Kubiak said.  “All indications that I got from [trainer Geoff Kaplan] today were very positive from a standpoint of what they’re dealing with compared to what they were dealing with the first time and Arian’s very positive about it.  We’ll see, but until he hops back out there, there’s a concern.  It sounds like we’re heading in the right direction.”

The Texans open against the Colts on September 11.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
18 Responses to “Kubiak says Foster is “day-to-day””
  1. packersareandwillalwaysbebetterthanthebears says: Aug 28, 2011 8:45 PM

In Fantasy Football news, Arian Foster’s draft position has dropped.

Wait, does this make me sick?

2. gtorlone says: Aug 28, 2011 8:46 PM

Ahhh playing it off as day-to-day. I see Kubiak has Foster on his fantasy team as well.

3. quiettexan says: Aug 28, 2011 8:50 PM

well atleast he has some time to take a break.

4. jack2469 says: Aug 28, 2011 8:57 PM

The way his hamstring is going this preseason, Foster will be day to day everyday for the rest of the season. Welcome to the NFL Mr. Tate….Enjoy!!

5. itsmammoth says: Aug 28, 2011 9:06 PM

Ben Tate.

6. steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 says: Aug 28, 2011 9:09 PM

I think Kubiak just pooped his panties

7. freedomispopular says: Aug 28, 2011 9:09 PM

If Kubiak’s running system is anything like what he used in Denver, he should have no problem just plugging a guy in and getting 1000 yards out of him.

8. darthobama says: Aug 28, 2011 9:12 PM

I would bench foster for a month. With Ben Tate looking good he should be able to handle the load. We have the colts and dolphins in weeks 1 &2…they aren’t known for strong run D’s. That would give arian almost 4 weeks to heal so that this hammy doesn’t bother/nag/chase him all year long…

9. buckybadger says: Aug 28, 2011 9:14 PM

I have already cut him.

10. iamgoodkid says: Aug 28, 2011 9:23 PM

supplemental draft

11. theseekeroffun says: Aug 28, 2011 9:44 PM

Welcome to camp cupcake times two! The owner has no idea, Kubiak is out of his league, the CM has no clue and Wade…well Wade is wade.

12. ernestbynershands says: Aug 28, 2011 10:48 PM

The comments in this post are from 2 types of clueless fans:
    1. Fantasy football dork. Madden junkies whose wives won’t let them play so they do fantasy football instead. The probably sleep in star wars underroos. The latest trilogy because it’s weaker and dorkier.
    2. Tough guy. Everyone should play through every injury. If I were a coach, GM, owner, or the athlete, and I had large sums of money invested, I’d rest my stars and let them get healthy. If im a star, I want to get healthy. I don’t want surgeries. Getting healthy helps me go and try to earn even more.
    Go ask the average NFL player, who has a 3-4 year career.
    Maybe more former players could walk at 40-45 years old.
    Think I’ll grab another beer…

13. kom2k10 says: Aug 29, 2011 12:03 AM

@ernestbynerdshands:

God forbid these guys actually earn their millions of dollars and play through a little bit of pain.

If you weren’t aware, the NFL wasn’t created just so that players can just sign huge life changing fat contracts and then sit on the bench until they feel perfectly healthy and ready to go play again. It was actually created with a competitive mindset where players would get paid to play and perform. Making sure a player stays filthy rich and healthy is not what the NFL is about. It’s a sport where you actually have to play and perform to stay rich…

It’s a brutal, tough, and extremely competitive sport. If a player isn’t up for all the grinds and pain they have to put up with today, and when they’re in their 40’s, then they shouldn’t sign the contracts and accept the Millions of dollars… simple as that

14. mcannan4547 says: Aug 29, 2011 12:08 AM

Is it too late to trade him?

15. buckybadger says: Aug 29, 2011 12:39 AM

@ernestbynershands, if you didn’t notice my post was a joke. Maybe you need to relax a little bit and not take what people post on comment threads so serious.

16. schmitty2 says: Aug 29, 2011 9:56 AM

ernestbynershands says:
    Aug 28, 2011 10:48 PM
    The comments in this post are from 2 types of clueless fans:
    Go ask the average NFL player, who has a 3-4 year career.
    Maybe more former players could walk at 40-45 years old.
    Think I’ll grab another beer…

You must have had a lot of beer to come on here and talk smack considering your postname is a choke artist RB from the mid 80’s

17. tbswarm says: Aug 29, 2011 10:01 AM

Man, this division has some major key injuries this year. Foster, Manning, Jones-Drew, and the Titan front office.

18. denverdude7 says: Aug 29, 2011 7:22 PM

Oh well Arian.
    At least you had one year in the sun.

The letters N-F-L may stand for National Football League. They also stand for Not For Long.

Prove me wrong Arian I dare you.

By the way, I had the last pick in my fantasy draft, #192 overall.

Guess who I drafted? That’s right Ben Tate. That must make me sick right?

Sick like a fox.