James Sanders visiting the Falcons

Sanders_James

Just hours after James Sanders was released by the Patriots, he has other teams in hot pursuit.

First in line are the Atlanta Falcons, who will meet with Sanders on Tuesday, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Sanders, who was a starting safety for the Patriots before getting cut in a surprise move, is an unrestricted free agent, and Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff, who previously worked for the Patriots, is well aware of what Sanders can do.

A 2005 fourth-round pick of the Patriots, Sanders will — unlike most of the players cut this week — likely have his choice of free-agent contracts.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
18 Responses to “James Sanders visiting the Falcons”
  1. jstorm6 says: Aug 29, 2011 8:23 PM

James Sanders I’d rather play with Colonel Sanders. He sucks!

2. ajknox88 says: Aug 29, 2011 8:24 PM

I bet the Lion’s game had something to do with this.

3. beastofeden says: Aug 29, 2011 8:29 PM

Hello Redskins. Dump Laron Landry and get on this dude

4. everydayimfumbilin says: Aug 29, 2011 8:35 PM

hey whatever happened to eddie George?

5. descendency says: Aug 29, 2011 8:39 PM

I’m surprised the Eagles didn’t want him.

The guy is a solid safety whos release shocked a whole lot of patriots fans.

6. ajknox88 says: Aug 29, 2011 8:43 PM

everydayimfumbilin says:
    Aug 29, 2011 8:35 PM
    hey whatever happened to eddie George?
    ______________

He’s on Chris Johnson’s negotiation team.

7. jpb12 says: Aug 29, 2011 8:45 PM

KC next on his list

8. luckynumberlucas says: Aug 29, 2011 8:45 PM

Like I said.

Quality player…

I think the Raiders should give him a shot, given the fact how bad their secondary is right now…

9. bradybbgoat says: Aug 29, 2011 9:23 PM

Classy move by the Patriots to release this guy.

I’m sure they could have gotten a late round pick or two in trade.

Now, he gets to sign with whichever team he wants.

10. skyleralan says: Aug 29, 2011 9:25 PM

@luckynumberlucas,

I agree, the Raiders needs some serious help in that secondary. I think the biggest thing they need to look at is CB though. If Chris Johnson doesn’t play well or gets hurt again, they are in trouble!

11. oopsnaly says: Aug 29, 2011 9:58 PM

The guy is a solid safety whos release shocked a whole lot of patriots fans.I am a 28 years old doctor, mature and beautiful.and now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , so i got a username Lindasunny2002 on–a’ge’l’es’s’da’te.c óm–.it is the first and best club for y’ounger women and old’er men, or older women and y’ounger men,to int’eract with each other. Maybe you wanna ch’eck ‘it out or tell your friends!

12. blarch says: Aug 29, 2011 10:17 PM

That is a pretty good spam bot there.

13. clubergo says: Aug 30, 2011 1:59 AM

how do these spam sites get on here…f…ing Russians!

14. clubergo says: Aug 30, 2011 2:01 AM

lets mention Sanders is out of Fresno State same draft as Logan Mankins….worked his butt off from I believe a 7th rounder…Solid kid that brings his lunch box.

15. akulabug says: Aug 30, 2011 7:00 AM

He’s a steady player. But for some reason former Patriots don’t usually fair very will. Use caution.

16. homelanddefense says: Aug 30, 2011 9:46 AM

still pissed the Patriots let this guy go! I wish him nothing but luck.

17. CKL says: Aug 30, 2011 11:14 AM

If he signs w/ Atl he will be the SECOND Pats safety who wore #36 to get cut and end up in Atlanta. Though with Milloy it was his second stop after the Pats.

18. denverwally says: Aug 30, 2011 12:25 PM

If you could put Sanders brain in Merriwethers body you would have an all-pro safety. Smart guy, unfortunately he doesn’t have the physical tools to get the job done on a consistent basis. Sanders is a bit too small, a bit too slow, not quite strong enough. Just watch him struggle to get someone to the ground when tackling in the open field. Not one of his strengths.
    If he were white they would label him an “effort player”. I like him and wish him the best, he was well respected on the team. but just know that you are not getting Ed Reed if you sign James Sanders.