Chris Johnson wants “fake” fans to shut up

St. Louis Rams v Tennessee Titans Getty Images

Fantasy football players want to see Texans running back Arian Foster get healthy, only because they care about their fantasy football teams.  Other fantasy football players want to see Titans running back Chris Johnson get his rear end back to the team for the same reason.

And some of them apparently are giving Johnson an earful via Twitter.  And Johnson doesn’t like it.

“Can these fake Titan fans STFU on my timeline I don’t have a regular job so don’t compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy,” Johnson said via Twitter.

Johnson’s decision to lash out comes at a time when there are indications that the Titans will sweeten their offer for Johnson, but not to a level of sweetness that he desires.

Speaking of sweetness, can anyone envision Walter Payton telling fans, fake or real, to “STFU”?

C’mon, Chris.  Fake and real fans pay the high salary you’re trying to get.  Don’t bite the hands that help feed you.

Permalink 163 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
163 Responses to “Chris Johnson wants “fake” fans to shut up”
  1. tehowdruid says: Aug 31, 2011 2:45 PM

What an idiot. Just listen to him talk once, he’s definitely not the smartest peanut in the turd

2. Matt Revel says: Aug 31, 2011 2:46 PM

Sharp contrast between him and Hillis.

3. giselleisasucubus says: Aug 31, 2011 2:46 PM

I was giving this guy props for fighting for money he deserves. You know what Chris? STFU right back at you. You look like predator.

4. waitingguilty says: Aug 31, 2011 2:47 PM

Same message as Foster passed along, albeit in a much less mature fashion.

Twitter is ruining the world.

5. cakemixa says: Aug 31, 2011 2:47 PM

I hope this guy misses the entire season. It’s so childish to lash out on fans via twitter like that.

6. udontknowjaq says: Aug 31, 2011 2:48 PM

Hear dat Fatasy Football fans! STFU

7. bigjd says: Aug 31, 2011 2:48 PM

The guy is about as classy as Albert Haynesworth.

8. eaglesfan290 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:48 PM

Well saying that will piss the “real fans” off as well! Then again maybe Johnson doesn’t think he needs fans and money grows on trees………………………yeah you don’t have a regular job…………….actually you just don’t plain have a job right now!

PS No One cares…………so STFU CJ you are a public figure and taking crap from people is part of the JOB ……………….because no one is ever happy with anyone long in the NFL!

9. manofsteel22 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:49 PM

Well even the REAL fans want Chris Johnson to shut up.

10. TurdSandwich says: Aug 31, 2011 2:49 PM

I get it now.. “Fake” fans care more about the team than CJ’s bank account.

Proud to be a fake Titans fan!

11. saintsfan1112 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:49 PM

Typical NFL player….

12. tundey says: Aug 31, 2011 2:49 PM

Can you imagine Walter Payton on twitter? Getting bombarded with negative tweets about him holding out? Just because you buy tickets and overpriced concessions doesn’t give you the right to tweet nonsense to a player and not get chewed out.

If I was an agent for any of these NFL players, I’ll make it mandatory that they get a PR person to manage their public social media accounts.

13. moonischasinme says: Aug 31, 2011 2:49 PM

If you don’t want to hear it, get off of Twitter

14. Chairman Al says: Aug 31, 2011 2:50 PM

I can care less if uthink I’m greedy

… we do.

15. tundey says: Aug 31, 2011 2:50 PM

@tehowdruid: he’s not paid to be the “smartest peanut”.

16. beertech says: Aug 31, 2011 2:50 PM

Tasteless.

I just swung from “pay the man” to “hold out as long as you want”.

17. kevinwi says: Aug 31, 2011 2:50 PM

Well, there’s a fine from Goodell.

18. ndallasruss says: Aug 31, 2011 2:51 PM

“…and I can care less…”

It’s “couldn’t care less”, unless you really do care a lot that they think you’re greedy.

In CJ’s case, I feel that it will be difficult to ever separate the long-term effects of concussions from the hand he was originally dealt.

19. hystoracle says: Aug 31, 2011 2:51 PM

He now has a whole lot fewer fans with those comments “fake” or otherwise. My suggestion is that he stay off Twitter.. Maybe Ms. Harding can get her friend to apply his lead pipe to Mr. Johnson’s knee. Then he can get is “regular job”.

20. bishopslappytruelove says: Aug 31, 2011 2:52 PM

Imagine that…another arrogant, entitled athlete!

21. Deb says: Aug 31, 2011 2:53 PM

Don’t like Johnson at all and agree he needs to get into camp. But … that was kinda funny :lol:

22. scudbot says: Aug 31, 2011 2:53 PM

He managed to spell “STFU” correctly. I’m pretty surprised.

23. benh999 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:53 PM

Poor guy doesn’t have a regular job :-(

Such an atrocity…

24. nyctexan says: Aug 31, 2011 2:54 PM

Chris, dude, you really don’t get it, do you?

25. 7pints says: Aug 31, 2011 2:54 PM

another (soon to be) multi-millionaire POS

26. steelerkiller52 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:54 PM

I don’t have the stats, but is there a player that has held out this long, that didn’t pull a hamstring or get some other injury upon their return?

Titans fiddled the pooch on this one, but Johnson isn’t helping his case any and should remember there is no NFL without the Fans…..

27. ajknox88 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:55 PM

How to destroy a fan base:

You have 2 options;

1. Take the Chris Johnson approach.

2. Take the Kramer approach (racist comments during stand up)

28. santolonius says: Aug 31, 2011 2:55 PM

the more her from chris johnson the more i think the dude’s a complete punk.

29. lloydcarr1997 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:55 PM

He is right he only has 4 or 5 year window to make all of his money. He also seems like the type of guy who likes to make it rain so he is probably going to need every penny.

30. madtolive5 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:56 PM

He is 100% right. I heard more people say the lockout would ruin their fantasy team more then watching the actually season.

31. snnyjcbs says: Aug 31, 2011 2:56 PM

Bite the Hand that Feeds him?, are you nuts. It is his Hands and Legs that Feeds him. With his talent he could be hatted by all and as long as he keeps running like he does he would eat and eat well by the way.

I am not even a Titan Fan and I say get all you can my man, you earned it. If you hurt yourself tomorrow the Titans would throw you to the Curb Broke and void your contract. Get your worth and I love your Honesty, the Country needs more like ya.

32. Exiled1 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:56 PM

You feel lucky that you have the job you do. I’d bet good money that’s you’d have a hell of a time getting a “normal” job like the rest of us.

You know,with all your great language skills and stuff.

33. dallas001 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:56 PM

Goodell and the league are shakin, this is exactly the stereotype they do not want reinforced…”I don’t have a regular job… and i care less if you think i am greedy….” If you are the titans,regardless of skill, is this the guy that is going to LEAD your team anywhere? Don’t pay him,trade him, or wait til next years draft and make a deal with another team… It’s about time the NFL owners got realistic about their business and quit committing the same mistakes over and over again, WOW…. this guy takes the cake,…………

34. lenmad3 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:57 PM

I hope Javon Ringer kicks a$$. I took Johnson in my fantasy draft and I don’t even care. This dude obviously has no respect for anyone, including the great sport that he is/was a part of.

35. tehowdruid says: Aug 31, 2011 2:57 PM

This guy also tweeted:

“I like to thank everyone who have me in their prayers thru my situation, it’s much needed”

Yes Chris, we’re all praying for you to get a mega deal. This guy is a moron. “My situation” LMAO

36. drew05 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:57 PM

Put him on the….

No longer in the League list.

37. achap39 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

If not FOR football, CJ wouldn’t have a “regular job” either. No company in their right mind would hire an idiot like him. He’d be the local high school’s weed man down in Orlando.

38. carnboys says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

C’mon, Chris. Fake and real fans pay the high salary you’re trying to get. Don’t bite the hands that help feed your Family. What a idiot!!!!!!!

39. dino2997 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

Does Chris Johnson realize that “Fake” fans along with real fans are basically why he will be paid?

40. omegalh says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

while what he said was awesome…stfu and get on the field, I dont know where to draft you.

41. egls7 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

Sounds similar to a certain basketball player…..can’t put my finger on it

42. dawglbfan says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

Wow, what a class act. The Titans are weary cause this guy is an injury waiting to happen and clearly has character issues. This can only make it harder for their GM to want to sign him to a big long term deal. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!
    Signed,
    Plex

43. peanutbutter&jelly says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

he said he didn’t care if people thought he was greedy. well he left out stupid we think he’s stupid too. get the full story cj before you go tweeting about fans

44. willyalistentothis says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

Every single dollar this guy pockets will come in one way or the other from the fans. This guy would be digging ditches if it was not for the fans. Classless.

45. profootballwalk says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

You don’t like the guy – stop watching. No you don’t pay his salary. The money you make in Weiner World doesn’t pay your own way through life, much less pay a millionaire’s salary.

46. maverick0 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

These guys (Foster, Johnson, et al) obviously have thick heads as they don’t think before they act. Too bad they don’t have thick skin to match.

47. skinsrock says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

He’s right.

48. johnnycash19 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:58 PM

He lashes out because he doesn’t have a normal job? Fine Chris let’s change positions, we’ll do your job for a year and you can do one of ours. Let’s see how much you like the real world. I hate greedy people like this. Just goes to show his college education went to waste.

49. wetpaperbag2 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:59 PM

Funny how the Fantasy Football fanatics are bashing Chris Johnson for being selfish. Aren’t they only thinking about THEIR fantasy draft so that THEY can win THEIR perspective Fantasy Football league seasons?

Sort of hypocritical.

50. jrfrom508 says: Aug 31, 2011 2:59 PM

I’m so happy he doesn’t play for my team.

51. footballfanatical says: Aug 31, 2011 2:59 PM

Ultimately, NFL fans, not just Titans’ fans, pay Chris Johnson’s, and all these other player’s, salaries. And NFL fans are also probably highly likely to be fantasy football players. So Chris Johnson’s astronomical salary will be paid in large part by the fantasy-football fans who watch the game in the stands and on TV. And those fans, of real NFL and fantasy football games alike, have every right in the world to voice their frustration with Johnson’s holdout. And frankly, Johnson doesn’t have grounds to complain about their gripes while he holds out for the millions that come directly from fans’ hard-earned money.

52. jibbers34 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:00 PM

come on, people! No matter how much money you make put yourselves in his position. If you make $20/hr at the local factory and you are the best at what you do then you are gonna be pissed when johnny factory worker is making more than you. Whether it is millions or single dollars it is all relative. This guy is gonna be crippled by 40 years old so he has to make all that he possibly can. You guys don’t think Bud Adams can afford to pay it? The guy probably paid peanuts for his organization that is worth close to a billion dollars now. Pay the man!

53. tommyf15 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:00 PM

This is going to be the greatest thread of all time.

LET THE SELF-RIGHTEOUS WHINING BEGIN!

54. Todd Chipman says: Aug 31, 2011 3:00 PM

We had to hear all summer long about the lock out business, now the players get to hear about the fantasy football business. Deal with it

55. captainwisdom8888 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:01 PM

Sorry CJ, but thanks to the media the fake fans outnumber the rest of us considerably. I wouldn’t buy into anything that doesn’t come from a teammate or a coach…they’re the only people whose words should hold any value.

56. FinFan68 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:01 PM

This is yet another reason not to pay him. He is a talented player but he is also one of the dumbest and has no class. It’s all about him and it always will be. There are legitimate concerns with his “shelflife” production. There are also legitimate concerns with his character. How will he be once he gets “paid”? Higher risk of injury early this year, normal risk of production dropoff, high risk of going through the motions because he just got paid. Good luck with that if Tenn decides to sign him at his delusional terms.

57. citizenstrange says: Aug 31, 2011 3:02 PM

I was going to say something but I think that I am kind of a fake Titan fan.

GO STEELERS!

58. djaehne says: Aug 31, 2011 3:02 PM

Cedric Benson is looking for a room mate.

59. sterilizecromartie says: Aug 31, 2011 3:03 PM

For the one millionth time, it’s “I COULDN’T care less”.

By saying you “can” or “could” care less, you are saying that you care a great much and there is room for you to care less. By saying you “couldn’t” care less, it means you care so little that there is absolutely no room for you to care any less than you already do.

You COULDN’T care less.

Got it? Good. Tomorrow we will cover adjectives and adverbs.

60. wheresmyjuice says: Aug 31, 2011 3:03 PM

You should read some of the responses on his feed before you comment. Arian Foster’s is just as bad.

The internet is an official license for ignorant people to be D-Bags. I don’t begrudge a man for having genuine feelings and being hurt by some of the stuff that’s written. Many of it from “fans” is abhorrent.

61. revengeofthefilthymcnasty says: Aug 31, 2011 3:03 PM

Not an ambassador of football, but of the human race. Stay classy CJ.

62. coltfan1984 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:04 PM

Hope he’s not as sensitive as VY. I have a feeling he might get booed.

63. dietrich43 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:05 PM

And CJ2K, I can care less when you’re broke 2 years after your career ends.

64. eagledad says: Aug 31, 2011 3:06 PM

CJ is right– fantasy “Fans” are a different lot– not true football fans of teams or players

65. skinsrock says: Aug 31, 2011 3:06 PM

I’m taking Ray Rice if I got #1 anyway… durability, durability, durability.

66. pitofzombies94 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:07 PM

Your right your not like us we work year around and don’t make anywhere near what you do so Chris Johnson needs to stfu. He is just another greedy player I hope he holds out forever.

67. theharshestreality says: Aug 31, 2011 3:07 PM

I heard he asked for his Mommy right after the interview…tell her to bring tissues.

68. qdog112 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:09 PM

He is absolutely right. This man is the one out there risking his health running into 300 pound behemoths and you call him selfish. You call him greedy, when the only reason you care about him is for your own selfishness and greed. You want him on your team. How ironic is that?

69. carnboys says: Aug 31, 2011 3:09 PM

Guys like you make me what to throw-up.
    You Think you are better then everyone else.

Your College education was given to you for free.

70. friendlylittletrees says: Aug 31, 2011 3:10 PM

If you truly can care less…. Quit like Carson Palmer.

Jerk.

71. seneca1ss says: Aug 31, 2011 3:10 PM

I love the Chris Johnson in Madden 12 (he has no personality and HE PLAYS)

72. fatsack1 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:10 PM

you whinners and complainers would not last one 1hr doing CJ’s job…..

Nobody cares about your average desk job……

CJ’s talent is 1 in 1 million…..

Your talent is 1 in every 20 people……

73. marcus158 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:10 PM

I agree with Chris Johnson.

I’d probably react the same way if some armchair, fantasy football nerds were giving me sh*t over Twitter because they’re worried that my holdout would effect their pointless league standing.

74. t16rich says: Aug 31, 2011 3:10 PM

Was this tweeted from Kenny Britts basement? Come on CJ, stuff like that catapults you into the east target section for NFL fans.

75. bullcharger says: Aug 31, 2011 3:11 PM

If he doesn’t want to talk to all his fans (fake or otherwise) why does he use twitter?

For celebrities like Chris, the whole point of twitter is to have fans be able to follow them. This leads to many revenue opportunities.

It’s just dumb to lash out. Silence is a much smarter option.

As far as what Walter Payton would have said, he didn’t have to deal with twitter, so we’ll never know.

76. tzoppi says: Aug 31, 2011 3:13 PM

I don’t get why he is mad. We all care about him getting back on the field so we can win our fantasy championship, and all he cares about is making sure he has enough money to ghetto-ize another buick. Both parties are not focusing on football. So stop tweeting and make a deal! I got you 5 overall, don’t make me regret it!!!!!!

77. gameproper says: Aug 31, 2011 3:13 PM

lol @ everybody taking shots at his grammar…guess it makes you feel better? haha

78. raidermanrock says: Aug 31, 2011 3:14 PM

Cj is a big turdbucket I season wonder

79. firemarshal1 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:15 PM

As a real fan, that pays for YOUR SALARY, Mr. Chris Johnson you should be very grateful with your God given talent/ability, that pays you MILLIONS dollars. 98% of most Americans don’t make your salary. Son, show respect or Bud Adams will you honor your original contract. HOW’S THAT. No, I don’t you have you on my fantasy team. Just a real fan, making an average living. Paying your salary.

80. phillyphever says: Aug 31, 2011 3:15 PM

I said it once and I’ll say it again: Tennessee should really consider trading Johnson to someone who is stupid enough to not only give up a high pick for him, but to give this guy the money he wants (and isn’t gonna be worth in a year or 2).

81. purplekoolaid1 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:15 PM

Twitter and Facebook are getting to sad levels. People live their lives through them, it’s so embarrassing.

82. quirtevans says: Aug 31, 2011 3:15 PM

“I don’t have a regular job”. The sense of entitlement these guys have sickens me. I wish the Titans would pull their offer and tell him to play for his existing contract, or enjoy his seat on the couch at home with the rest of the “regular” fans.

83. monsterscream says: Aug 31, 2011 3:16 PM

#1 he’s not going to get ‘boo’d’ bcuz he’s a great football player (and the only quality player that the Titans have)

#2 he doesn’t have a real job.

#3 all of these fans (fake or otherwise) would pick him with one of the top two or three picks in the fantasy draft regardless so…

I’m with him…’SHUT THE…”

84. tehowdruid says: Aug 31, 2011 3:16 PM

tundey says: Aug 31, 2011 2:50 PM

@tehowdruid: he’s not paid to be the “smartest peanut”.

———–

I didn’t say he was. Shunning your fan base because you can’t get your contract figured out is stupidity, hence the “not the smartest peanut in the turd” statement.

85. grandpoopah says: Aug 31, 2011 3:17 PM

His agent needs to suspend his Twitter account pronto.

86. ridge13 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:17 PM

After football is over I’m sure he’s got a future with ESPN.

87. jebdamone says: Aug 31, 2011 3:19 PM

i don’t see how this one action would put people over the edge…there are numerous other reasons to dislike CJ.

88. carnboys says: Aug 31, 2011 3:19 PM

I glad you are not on my team. What a idiot.

89. contract says: Aug 31, 2011 3:20 PM

These guys need twitter filters … so they can avoid negative comments.

90. buckybadger says: Aug 31, 2011 3:21 PM

If they are so bothered by people caring about what they do than they should look for a different profession. Can’t make all that money, want to be a star and than complain about people taking notice of you.

91. psuravens19 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:21 PM

Great, now I’ll never get any production out of him on my Fantasy Team. Let’s hope Ringer is still on the waiver wire.

92. sippindasyzurp says: Aug 31, 2011 3:22 PM

Send him off to Iraq or Afganistan and then see if he will wants to play football for his salary(or whatever hes being offered)… Amazing the things people take for granted these days, consumed by constant greed… I am sure this guy is a real team player in the locker room.

93. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:22 PM

I’m sick of you sit-at-home slags who moralize about who pays whose salary. You hacks just care about your fantasy teams. I’ve worked half my life and only made what he made in his BASE salary last year in that time. I’m not jealous (like some of you are, using your moralization as a rationale — not slick, BTW), but people are more concerned with him signing and getting into camp for their ridiculous FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAMS (!!!) than the man handling his business and ensuring his financial future.

And not only is this a big deal for him, but it sets a precedent for Top 5 RBs and others to follow down the line, in terms of negotiations.

He really is right.

And half of you don’t have the education I have, so can you knock it off with the thinly veiled racist euphemisms and attacks on the way he speaks or types? Just because you half-assed your way through Hospitality or Arts & Crafts as a major doesn’t mean you’re smarter than he.

94. kvisions says: Aug 31, 2011 3:23 PM

Well. . . We gotta be realistic! . . .
    An NFL runningback’s “Prime” usually last around 3 or 4 yrs. long (between the ages of 25 to 29).
    The great runningbacks like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Jim Brown and Ladanian Tomlinson were able to “stretch” their peak years/ “Prime” years. . . to about 5 to 7 yrs Max(in their prime).
    Therefore, it seems that a great runningback at this point (P.S. It’s rare to have C.Johnson or A.Peterson) at this point- it would obviously be in their best interest to maximize all contract/possibilities! Because, for every “MARSHALL FAULK” or “WALTER PAYTON” . . . There are about 20 or 30 “Ki-Jana Carter’s” or “Lawrence Marouney’s” or “Robert Edward’s” or “Ron Dayne’s” or GodForbid . . .”Lawrence Phillips’ “!!!!! lol

95. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:23 PM

And I COULDN’T CARE LESS if you don’t like it.

96. carnboys says: Aug 31, 2011 3:24 PM

People pay to watch Chris play football. There hard earn money. Chris is laughing all the way to the bank. That what stinks. But, be careful on the
    bridges you burn. You may have to go back there. Young Man.

97. drunkenagitator says: Aug 31, 2011 3:24 PM

What, Johnson should hurry back to camp asap so some jack-off can win $500 in his fantasy league? LOL! The guy is smart enough to realize he’s no better than a racehorse. He blows out a knee or breaks a leg, he’s done, worthless, unemployable. So he has to try to make as much as he can while he can. Anyone else under the same circumstances would do the same.

The “fans” aren’t “owed” a damn thing, nor do they “pay his salary”. The owner does, and he gets HIS money mostly from TV networks who pay a fortune for the opportunity to sell ad space during the games, which is why the entire thing exists. Believing anything else is a great way to waste your time getting yourself all worked up over the outcome of totally meaningless games that will be completely forgotten in a few months, if that. Attaching some kind of real significance to these games is all part of the illusion, it’s what gets you to pay for tickets and buy merchandise, all of which goes straight into a billionaire’s pockets.

98. hystoracle says: Aug 31, 2011 3:25 PM

eagledad- Fantasy fans are different but they are a big reason that football is a multi-billion dollar industry. (Between them and the short term investors. ) If it was only the average joe fan watching his one team every weekend the ratings would be a lot smaller as would Mr. Johnson’s paycheck. It would be closer to back in the day when they rolled their helmet up and stuck in their pocket after the game.

99. depotnator says: Aug 31, 2011 3:26 PM

I passed on Johnson in my fantasy draft because he is attracting so much bad karma. I wasn’t going to waste a high pick on him when higher character backs were available with the #4 pick ( for me).

100. thirdngoal says: Aug 31, 2011 3:27 PM

When are these greedy/nutcase players going to understand, without the FANS they dont make the money they make. They need to grow up, get off twitter and start being more of a role model for the kids in their cities. Funny how he says “I don’t have a regular job, so don’t compare me to you. Well your only going to go so far with that attitude and will NEVER be in the same list as some of the greatest backs in the game. I bet now there will be alot more fans (real and fantasy) hoping you get hurt and sit this year for your arrogance. They say no matter how much you polish a turd….. it’s still a TURD

101. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:29 PM

drunkenagitator says: Aug 31, 2011 3:24 PM

———-

Thank you.

All these moralizing fools make my stomach turn.

102. billyhoyle4real says: Aug 31, 2011 3:30 PM

Better hope he never has to apply for a “regular job”, employers check your networking media and would find CJ has a tough time dealing with constructive criticism and thinks he is above other employees and doesn’t have to show up for work.

103. dickroy says: Aug 31, 2011 3:32 PM

You know I’m starting to think that some of these football players would never make it through college on their own, without help from someone.

104. mrlynch33 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:33 PM

Way to deliver on that 2,000+ yard season CJ! OVERRATED

105. EJ says: Aug 31, 2011 3:34 PM

Chris Johnson needs to STFU and sign.
    If he really wants what he is worth then i’ll tell you what the Titans should offer him…

2yrs, 19.5 million with only 15 million of that guarenteed. Reason being, the guy only has two years left playing at the level expected. After two more years of all those hits to that mini man body of his and he’ll be sidelined for the most part of his short career. If the Titans were smart, they’d agree.

106. sadskinsfan89 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:36 PM

I wish he played for the bengals cuz this dude deserves a good ol lesson from paul brown.

107. KIR says: Aug 31, 2011 3:38 PM

Adrian Peterson the second leading rusher (4,441 yards) since 2008, contract 5 years $40.5 million $17 million guaranteed.

Chris Johnson the Leading rusher (4,598 yards) since 2008. 5 years $12 million $7 million guaranteed.

If Johnson comes back and gets hurt, his career and chance for a well deserved big payday as one of the best players in the NFL is over. He’s going into his 4th year and hasn’t even made12 mill. There are plenty of players and non QB’s making 12 million or more a year! Those who disagree and think he’s not worth it. Put your money where your mouth is. Don’t watch any of the games he plays in

108. tampajoey says: Aug 31, 2011 3:38 PM

REAL NFL fans are fans of their team, not of players. Most athletes are worthless human beings anyway. We only tolerate these egotistical athletes because they can run, catch or throw a ball.

Fact is that most athletes never finish college and would be working 3rd shift at Taco Bell if they didn’t get paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game.

109. packerfan1000 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:41 PM

Who knows, maybe Walter Payton would have done that. He didn’t have Twitter.

110. KIR says: Aug 31, 2011 3:43 PM

I love the fourth game. It exposes you hypocrites (they’re overpaid) and clowns (I’d play for free). The fact of the matter is that the backups, most of whom will be cut, were some of the best college players and America still refuses to watch. The current players value therefore is self evident. :-)

111. cowboydipl0macy says: Aug 31, 2011 3:44 PM

I can’t wait for Javon Ringer to rush for 500 yards in the first four games and completely undermine Chris Johnson’s holdout.

112. spartytime says: Aug 31, 2011 3:46 PM

Why cant he be like the other CJ (Megatron)?

113. follow67 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:50 PM

How dare you even compare him to Walter Payton…. Fail

114. buckybadger says: Aug 31, 2011 3:51 PM

@drunkenagitator, and why is there so much ad revenue coming in? Is it because no one is watching? In fact the rating are continually going up because people who didn’t care about the other games are tuning in now because they have a vested interest.

He is allowed to work out his contract but being who he is he also needs to understand the few cons that come with all the spoils.

115. unkleruckus says: Aug 31, 2011 3:52 PM

@moonischasingme
    “If you don’t want to hear it, get off of Twitter”
    If you don’t want to hear from him on HIS twitter account then stop following him, after all if you follow him on twitter, doesn’t that make you his follower?

116. bossplayer213 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:53 PM

Well, he’s right. People shouldn’t be offended that he said he doesn’t have a “regular job.” He doesn’t. Football, and pro sports in general are definitely not “regular jobs.” It cracks me up when you have these internet people who work at McDonalds say OMG he’s so greedy, give me a million and I’d be happy. Well, you work at McDonalds. No shhhhh.

117. sterling7 says: Aug 31, 2011 3:54 PM

This is supposed to be “the face of the franchise”? He’s an idiot!!

118. realdraftgm says: Aug 31, 2011 3:55 PM

Leave Chris Johnson alone; look at Injuies that occurr. He wants guarantees and job security something he will not get if he gets injured. Anyone complaining would do the same thing in his shoes so quit hating and he is right a real Titans fan would care about him as a person and want him to have guarantees before risking injury especailly after last year when they only paid him three million to fix that year.

119. FinFan68 says: Aug 31, 2011 4:00 PM

Wonder what those twitter comments look like now

120. 4gone says: Aug 31, 2011 4:01 PM

Not for or against the Titans but realistically, they are not doing anything this year – trade CJ to the Raiders and let Al deal with his entitlement demands. (AL – he is really fast).

So FF doesn’t stand for Fantasy Football it stands for Fake Fan?????

121. oriolesvsravens says: Aug 31, 2011 4:02 PM

There are no fake fans in sports. There is no fantasy football without a love for the game and for a specific team or player. Of course it gets a little crazy as far as involvement on the part of the fans but that’s the definition of a fan. Fans: Supporting and cheering on an organization in their endeavors while devoting their time and money to be entertained.

122. moochzilla says: Aug 31, 2011 4:02 PM

GOOD FOR CHRIS!

Seriously, these “hardworking regular joes” (most of whom sit on their rears and push buttons for a living) need to clam up.

I bet not one of them would ask a spinal surgeon or hedge fund manager why he or she makes more than them. I wonder why they ask Chris?

Hmmmmmm. Why?

123. moochzilla says: Aug 31, 2011 4:03 PM

“Hey Chris, If you bite the hand that feeds you too many times, you might find yourself a little hungry.”

If he wins you your fantasy league you’ll buy your kid his jersey.

Seriously, get over yourself.

124. airjunior23 says: Aug 31, 2011 4:05 PM

i hate these ridiculous comments people make. The Titans have made hundreds of millions on CJ’s back alone. He can’t have his extremely small piece of that pie (by comparison)? Money is this whole game, if no one made money we would be playing back yard football with our friends for free. I dont about yall, but I dont work for free, and where I work my salary is quite comparable to those that do the same job as me, and oh yea those who do a better job than others are rewarded for their endeavors. Bottom line, If im better than the next guy compensate me for it! If a team plays great, the owner makes a ton a money…funnel that money into the correct places dammit. Its simple…I smell Hatred in the building, yall suck at life for hatin on this man.

125. essentialsausage says: Aug 31, 2011 4:09 PM

The more I hear from Chris Johnson, the less I like him.

126. melikefootball says: Aug 31, 2011 4:10 PM

Oh how I wish fans would step up and stop supporting games and NFL merchandise. These guys are so full of themselves and tweet tweet tweet.

127. drunkenagitator says: Aug 31, 2011 4:10 PM

buckybadger: Absolutely, I play fantasy and I wager on games as well. My point was that the idea that these guys “owe” the fans something because “they pay their salaries” is ridiculous. He has every right to hold out for more money, just as his owner has the right to refuse to give it to him. It’s just a business on both sides, pretending it’s anything more than that is stupid. The player has to measure the risks vs. the rewards just as the owner has to weigh the salary vs. his profits. If they can’t agree, well, someone else will play RB for the Titans this year and that’s that. But the idea that players are “greedy” is silly, as well as being a way ownership convinces fans that these games mean far more than they actually do. If Tennessee has a crap season now, Johnson will be seen as the villain, not the wealthy owner. It perpetuates the cycle that keeps the green flowing.

128. natiep2000 says: Aug 31, 2011 4:11 PM

Chris Johnson you signed a contract so get back to work. I love these athletes that for some reason forget what the rest of life would be like minus football. The could be us average americans who should “STFU”, which maybe we should or maybe we should quit paying him and his over paid salary.

129. FinFan68 says: Aug 31, 2011 4:11 PM

realdraftgm says:
    Aug 31, 2011 3:55 PM
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’d bet 95% of people hypothetically “in his shoes” would have taken the highest paid RB in history deal that was discussed…the other 5% are greedy ingrates just like CJ

130. drunkenagitator says: Aug 31, 2011 4:14 PM

tampajoey: So you spend Sundays watching a bunch of “worthless human beings” chase a ball around because you like cheering for the uniforms they wear?? That defines a “real” NFL fan? Sounds really idiotic to me. You’re bread & butter to those wealthy owners, they know it’s people like you who’ll spend their money on their franchise regardless of how good or bad it may be.

131. bradshawlives says: Aug 31, 2011 4:19 PM

KIR says:

I’d take AP over CJ any day. AP will get the tough yards and isn’t a punk like STFU Johnson. And before you bring up fumbling – last year AP fumbled once, STFU Johnson fumbled twice.

132. 2ndaryinsanity says: Aug 31, 2011 4:24 PM

Bad form, CJ. “Real” fans AND so-called “fake” fans are still upset with the players and owners over the lockout. I understand he’s trying to “get paid” as much as possible while still in his prime. Guess he needs more gold in his big mouth. We’re reminded constantly that professional athletes don’t have “regular jobs” like we (the fans) have. We see it when they sometimes get special treatment from the courts (Cedric Benson and Donte Stallworth,anyone?) We see it when they fight for a $60 million contract, rather than “settle” for $45 million, because they “gotta make sure their family gets fed.” (Where the hell are they grocery shopping that they need an extra $5 or $10million???)
    We see it when a dog killing felon receives a $100 million contract. Or when Albert Haynsworth decides he doesn’t want to play anymore because he doesn’t like the new defense (but he still wants to get paid). So, yeah…we’re well aware that football players live (and work) in a different world from the rest of us. But telling fans to “STFU” is classless. At least Arian Foster was slightly more articulate and somewhat less insulting.

133. chazzmon says: Aug 31, 2011 4:29 PM

Ya know those stupid comments that pop up in your head and you may even say them to a select few? Then you kinda feel bad when you get the reactions… well Twitter throws that out for the world to digest and embarass you!
    Sometimes you really don’t want to get to know your favorite athlete any better.

134. drunkenagitator says: Aug 31, 2011 4:40 PM

As far as CJ & “twitter” is concerned, agreed: he should stop worrying about “tweets” and shut his mouth. No one cares what he thinks about “fans”. But as far as the money is concerned, I’d do the same thing in his position. He should agree to play for (relative) peanuts, lug the rock 400 times and destroy his future earning potential so a few “fans” will think he’s not “greedy”? Balderdash. He may be a nitwit but he’s smart enough to know he’s just a hunk of meat in the larger scheme of things.

To the “regular Joes” out there, ask yourself this: if you were great at your job and you also knew that others doing your job for different employers in the same field were making WAY more than you were, would you just shrug and say, “oh well, that’s how the ball bounces, better get back out there and make my boss a little richer because I owe it to him”? I highly doubt it.

135. killsw1tch says: Aug 31, 2011 4:47 PM

Is the tweet smart? No Is it wrong? No. He is trying to get it while he can, I doubt he tweets you when u ask for a raise because you work harder then someone and you feel you deserve it.

136. ejmat2 says: Aug 31, 2011 4:57 PM

KIR says:
    Aug 31, 2011 3:38 PM

———————————————–
    What you fail to mention is the fact they both received these contracts prior to taking any snaps in the NFL. Why is APs larger? Because he was more coveted coming out of college.

Now, I will agree CJ deserves more money when you compare him to other athletes and RBs in the league making more. What I don’t agree with is talking smack to the people because they don’t agree with him. He needs to remember it’s because of those same people that he can be paid as high as he is. If it weren’t for them, his “millions” would be out the door.

There are way to negotiate and the way CJ is going about doing it is ridiculous. Especially after the recent CBA issues. The fact is he has the right to ask for more money and the franchise has the right to pay him what THEY THINK he is worth. Regardless, CJ should not be holding out. He IS UNDER CONTRACT. Whether he likes the contract or not he should be reporting and playing as his employer employs him to do. If he doesn’t like it, maybe he can find another job that will pay him what he wants to make. Chances are that won’t happen.

The NFL is a business just like any other profession. It makes more than most professions but the bottom line is the players agree to and sign contracts. They should adhere to them. If the franchise decides they are worth more it is up to them to pay. As far as I’m concerned I hope the Titans don’t budge and let this craybaby sit out the entire year. When he gets paid $0 then maybe he will look back at things and say $500,000 (or whatever he is due this year) wasn’t so bad after all.

137. tennesseeoilers says: Aug 31, 2011 5:07 PM

From one “fake Titan fan” to a fake Titan superstar: Here’s to you, CJ. Way to make us proud …

138. cpinct says: Aug 31, 2011 5:29 PM

I’ve got the solution to this problem. My new smart phone app called GCPA – “Gibberish Converter for Professional Athletes”

CJ tweets: Can these fake Titan fans STFU on my timeline I don’t have a regular job so don’t compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I’m greedy.

But was run through my application

GCPA actually tweets: I’d like to thank all of my Twitter fans for their input. As always, I appreciate your feedback and constructive criticisms. I understand your concerns in regard to my form of employment, and the compensation paid to me for my services, and I am committed to reviewing each and every one of your comments looking for ways to make the NFL and the entire world a better place for you and I.

With Warm Regards,

Your Friend – Chris Johnson

Problem Solved

139. tampajoey says: Aug 31, 2011 5:32 PM

tampajoey says: Aug 31, 2011 3:38 PM

—————————

drunkenagitator says: Aug 31, 2011 4:14 PM

——————————

So drunkenagitator you’re the sort of fan that when a player like Lebron James bails on the Cavs, you take off your Cavaliers Lebron James jersey and go out and buy a Lebron James Miami Heat jersey and start cheering for Miami? I have no use for those sort of fans.

My loyalty is to the team and not a player. Players come and go.

I’m proudly a fan of the name on the front of the jersey and not the names on the back!

140. giantenemybird says: Aug 31, 2011 5:37 PM

Guys! We’re all taking him out of context!

141. bomberchild5 says: Aug 31, 2011 5:52 PM

and thats why with the third pick i choose MJD over him

142. buckybadger says: Aug 31, 2011 5:54 PM

@tampajoy, you are making a generalization and that is very false. The fact is most of these athletes are pretty good people and do more for the community than you ever would. You can’t say they are all bad people when it is a small % of them really causing any problems. Don’t get drawn in by the media only shinning the light on the bad when plenty good gets done as well.

Also if we want to talk “facts” as of 2004 46% of the NFL had a college degree. It is said to be closer to 50% now. That isn’t too bad for a job that doesn’t require it. Also having a college degree [which I have] isn’t some right of passage or a sign that a person is any better than another. I graduated with a GPA of 3.6 and found it to be nothing more than a party time. Anyone can graduate now.

143. uscgbuc says: Aug 31, 2011 6:04 PM

These players need to understand that whether or not a fan is not a true supporter to your team it does not make them fake. Generating interest in games other than a fans true team is the #1 priority to the NFL. This way people watchtmore games whether they care about the result or not. This in turn drives up the prices of tickets, food and beverages, parking, programs, commercial air time….basically the reason your Ivory Tower Butt can make such an insane salary! If fans went back to only watching there games these chump would be making 1980′s money. You are a damn player, YOU STFU, your goal is to make money and the interest generated by “fake” fantasy football geeks boosts your net income by over 50 %.

Arian and Chris are both entitled cry babies.

144. uscgbuc says: Aug 31, 2011 6:08 PM

Let me also say that it is the minority that would fit this category. I’m a Buc fan and have seen the impact players like Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks can make. It’s absolutely profound. Telling your fans to shut up is ridiculous, then talking about how you don’t work a “normal job” what the hell is that crap.

145. peanutbutter&jelly says: Aug 31, 2011 6:27 PM

i’m really getting tired of all you posters out there saying cj & and other players out there are putting thier bodies on the line and how they are gonna pay for it later in life. first of all noone is holding a gun to anyones head and making them play football they know the risk going in and they make that choice and on top of that many nfl players will make more money in the span of a few years than many posting here will make in a life time or 2. most nfl players are very well compensated with pay,retirement,bonuses and the list goes on. they make the chice to play this game and most are rewarded very well for it and it is dumb to act as if they deserve so much more for it. they want to live the life of an nfl player with the money fame & glory but they wanna cry when it’s time to pay the piper they make the choice they live with it if they dont want to deal with it then they should not play the game but mconalds dont pay as much do they?

146. sicx01 says: Aug 31, 2011 6:36 PM

I love how fans, fake or not get on twitter and name call thesse players and say whatever they want about their appearance and expect nothing in return. If you were a target of thousands of people’s crap, how would you respond? Maybe he just got fed up hearing crap said about him. How would all of you respond? Let’s think for a minute, if someone hits you, you hit back. If someone pushes you, you push back. Do you expect these players to just sit back and absorb everything that comes their way? If you answer yes to that question then you are probably no better than these cowards online that type all of this hate or racial statements knowing you would never say it to that person’s face. Lighten up people these guys are just like you and I except they make more money.

147. baltimoresnativeson says: Aug 31, 2011 6:42 PM

I for one am glad an athlete had the guts to say this. Fans have too much to say about someone elses finances. Are any of you know it all fans going give him a dime if he blows his knee out and is cut a year later? If not, then like he said, shut up.

148. CKL says: Aug 31, 2011 6:49 PM

I have 0% of a problem with any player asking for a raise especially when they aren’t paid as their similar or lesser producing peers.

I have 100%of a problem when they whine about it publicly. And in his case, insult people on top of it, regardless of what is said to him. Can’t he just block them from his Twitter account?

On top of it the Titans have already SAID that they have 0 problem paying him as the top RB. I think that is completely fair if they are sincere about that. CJ is nuts wanting QB or WR money…even DB money. There’s a reason the franchise tag is different for different positions.

Part of being a public figure using social media is that a player opens himself up for criticism. His reacting in a hotheaded manner means he can’t handle it and shouldn’t have a Twitter account at all.

I have a new word for guys like him: twittiot. Twitter+ idiot.

149. nunpuncher says: Aug 31, 2011 6:52 PM

I know what’s not fake. Athletes that hold out and get huge paydays then end up under performing.

150. crise40g says: Aug 31, 2011 7:23 PM

As a human being, I’m offended by his arrogance and selfishness. Thumbing his nose at 20 million guaranteed and 8 million/year is sickening. You PLAY football. A game. You have people risking their lives for a WHOLE lot less so you can bitch and moan about getting paid millions. SMH.

151. hatesycophants says: Aug 31, 2011 7:34 PM

@waitingguilty,

Twitter is not ruining the world. Sycophantic journalists and “fans” who follow anything delivered via twitter are ruining the world. You know when Twitter works? When it is used to help free your people from a totalitarian government. Otherwise, strictly for teenage girls.

Go Lions! Go Badgers!

152. axespray says: Aug 31, 2011 9:27 PM

Meanwhile, Michael Vick and Larry Fitzgerald are working out, high fiving fans, and taking baths in MONEY.

153. patbocam says: Aug 31, 2011 10:37 PM

Did anyone expect it to be any different. He sounds par for the course to me…

154. dtdt3535 says: Aug 31, 2011 11:05 PM

Another idiot

155. tatum064 says: Sep 1, 2011 4:16 AM

“he’s definitely not the smartest peanut in the turd”
    ==============================
    Wow, what a brain dead, tasteless analogy.

I am sure that’s precisely, who CJ2K is speaking about.

Who the hell would use fecal matter when referring to another person? It isnt you’re money, and it isnt your decision, either.

Is the species devolving?!

156. Derty Ernie says: Sep 1, 2011 9:00 AM

Once these athletes get da money in hand then they will tell management and anyone else what they think of them.

I can understand that he deserves more money and no one argues that. In addition the Titans do realize his contributions and should pay him but hey, there’s a salary cap now -can’t give the farm away and second, his name is clearly inked on a contract that is in force so technically the Titans don’t have to do a dam thing.

157. larryfinfan says: Sep 1, 2011 10:23 AM

Too bad this had to come out. He has spoiled my opinion of him altogether. Here’s a guy that will make more than I will ever dream of making and is complaining to those of us who express an opinion?? If you don’t like the opinion, you STFU and move on. You have the luxury of being indignant and rude, those of us who really work for a living don’t have that luxury. Walk a mile in my shoes before you tell me to shut up, Mr. Johnson.

I’m sure he works hard for what he gets. I’m sure he deserves, in the realm of the entertainment business, what he makes. Being arrogant and indignant about it is wrong, Mr. Johnson. I AM a true fan. I’ve watched the NFL since before you were even a twinkle in your mama’s eyes. I’ve worked double shifts and extended hours to provide for my family and even go to some of those games that pay your salary. However, I find myself out of work right now. Not uncomfortable or in dire need, but out of work, nonetheless. That is not your problem, that’s mine. It’s time you figure out that your line of work is a privilege, not a right. The only thing you have to fear about me and us lowlifes you put down is that if I were to suddenly become the Titan’s GM, you’d be out of a job there, that is, after you satisfy your contract to the Titans…

158. xli2006 says: Sep 1, 2011 10:45 AM

You stay classy Nashville.

159. steelerlady43 says: Sep 2, 2011 10:21 AM

Is his guy for real???????

160. jpietrefesa says: Sep 3, 2011 7:36 PM

Its just shocking to be and I cannot wrap my head around how this guy can be so out of touch with reality. Can you listen to yourself for a just a second?

161. jpietrefesa says: Sep 3, 2011 7:36 PM

Its just shocking to me and I cannot wrap my head around how this guy can be so out of touch with reality. Can you listen to yourself for a just a second?

162. ranfin12 says: Sep 5, 2011 5:30 AM

@larryfinfan on Sept 1 @1023

Larry – You tell Chris Johnson to walk a mile in your shoes before he tells you to shut up…have you walked a mile in HIS shoes before you tell him to shut up? Just because he is in a profession that millions dream of playing and because he makes a great deal of money, he should have to be subjected to any type of ridicule? That’s absolutely ridiculous my friend. No matter what kind of money anyone makes, that does NOT give someone the right to just say whatever they feel to them without expecting some type of retort.

In reference to your 2nd paragraph, I’m sorry to hear that you are out of work at this time and I pray that you are able to find something soon. The job markets are UGLY out there as I’m sure we all know, but like you said that’s your problem, not Johnson’s. Just as his money situation is HIS problem, not yours. Yes, it IS a honor to play in the NFL, but do not forget, there is a special skill set that Johnson has that MANY of us do not have, so for you to be offended is laughable at best. You said you worked double shifts and overtime to provide for your family and you were fairly compensated for it, yes? Why are you criticizing him for attempting to do the same?

163. psychoraider904 says: Sep 7, 2011 8:55 AM

Does this idiot not realize its the fans that make the NFL so popular and that’s the reason he’s got such a high paying job. I hate to be an ass, but look at this guy. He looks like every drug dealer you’ve ever seen. If it wasn’t for the NFL this guy would be another bum. I hope this guy blows his knee out week 1.