Eagles cut nine

Baltimore Ravens v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

Like several other teams, the Eagles are moving from 80 players to 53 in phases.

The first wave of cuts includes nine players:  cornerback Jamar Wall, receiver Rod Harper, defensive end Chris Wilson, linebackers Rashad Jeanty, center A.Q. Shipley, tight end Cornelius Ingram, running back Stanley Havili, guard/center Dallas Reynolds, and running back Graig Cooper.  Wall (pictured) had just re-signed with the team on Thursday.

All teams must be at 53 players by 6:00 p.m. ET on Saturday.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
21 Responses to “Eagles cut nine”
  1. dgreenfi says: Sep 2, 2011 6:06 PM

That’s the 2nd time this week they cut Jamar Wall.

2. derekjetersmansion says: Sep 2, 2011 6:06 PM

I thought Jeanty was a good special teams guy?

3. everybodyhitswoohoo says: Sep 2, 2011 6:07 PM

Someone else has to be looking forward to seeing how this one turns into an “Eagles suck!”/”No they don’t” argument.

4. dmq13 says: Sep 2, 2011 6:08 PM

No surprises. The only person I really thought might catch on when he signed was Jeanty.

5. The Shoeman says: Sep 2, 2011 6:18 PM

Eagles waived DB Jamar Wall. – Aug 29 – 1:32 PM

Eagles re-signed S Jamar Wall. – Sep 1 – 12:16 PM

Eagles waived DB Jamar Wall. – Sep 2 – 6:09 PM

this guy has frequent flier miles

6. Subadai says: Sep 2, 2011 7:10 PM

I wonder how many of these guys Heckert will sign for the Browns?

I’ll bet they take a hard look at Jeanty, Shipley and Havili.

7. mwcarolina says: Sep 2, 2011 7:50 PM

hopefully i see Havili in Washington, if not there, Seattle will likely look into him.

8. cured76 says: Sep 2, 2011 8:06 PM

Ingram could never get healthy, eh?

No surprises in this round. The final cuts will be much more interesting.

9. asw1028 says: Sep 2, 2011 8:57 PM

Cornelius Ingram was plagued by injuries while he was a member of the Eagles. If he can stay out of the trainer’s room there’s a chance he could be a productive TE. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Saints take a chance on him because his skill set is a good fit for their offense.

10. laeaglefan says: Sep 2, 2011 9:16 PM

Havili will probably end up on the Eagles’ practice squad. Maybe Ingram will too. Maybe even the much traveled Jamar Wall.

11. eaglesfan290 says: Sep 2, 2011 9:47 PM

I’m not sure Havili is worth a PS spot he just never looked good Harper , Ingram, and Wilson are the talented guys.

Cooper and Havili have ball security issues and Havili just didn’t catch up to the speed of the game.

Jeanty looked good but more a ST guy and depth guy.

12. tlaw21 says: Sep 2, 2011 10:24 PM

Ingram was a beast for the Gators before he messed up his leg during his senior year it’s too bad cuz he would have been pretty good. It would suck to be signed and cut so fast like that I kind of feel bad for the guy but he had his work cut out for him.

13. MichaelEdits says: Sep 2, 2011 10:34 PM

They can only dream of being on the Dream Team. For them the dream is over.

14. brintfatre says: Sep 2, 2011 10:52 PM

End of dream team, nice while it lasted!

15. db6729 says: Sep 3, 2011 2:22 AM

All I gotta say is who, who, who, and who…a bunch of nobody’s.

16. eaglesnoles05 says: Sep 3, 2011 2:24 AM

There’s gonna be alot of these last 20 or so players cut by the eagles who are really good… Lucky for other teams.

17. irishfury says: Sep 3, 2011 2:38 AM

Ok enough of this dream team haterade 1 guy said it everyone else said whoa we need to win a few b4 evenin hearing that blame Vince ” wash up” young don’t blame the eagles dang I’m so annoyed all the ” real” players shied away from that quoteable

18. deadmanwalking47 says: Sep 3, 2011 8:46 AM

when somebody else is holding the lombardi trophy after this upcoming season’s superbowl,i’ll remind you iggle fans you are the dream team,and you guys tell me how you all feel. Deal? roflmbo!!!

19. abninf says: Sep 3, 2011 9:54 AM

Damn, now they’ll have to play for a non-Dream Team. There goes their hopes for a ring.

20. zeussuperman says: Sep 3, 2011 2:32 PM

Wow, even on a mundane fourth/fifth-string roster cut post, the haters come on with their dream team nonsense.

This just proves that there is NO story too irrelevant for pathetic losers with nothing else to hold onto in the football world to come on and ridicule the Eagles.

You guys should realize just how sad it makes you look.

21. oldbyrd says: Sep 3, 2011 4:24 PM

I AM A DIE HARD EAGLES FAN. I HAVE BEEN FOR 58 YEARS. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THEIR STARTING MLB. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TELL ME WHAT I AM MISSING. I FOCUSED ON HIM AND ALL I SEE IS HIM GETTING EATEN ALIVE WHEN EVER THE OPPONENT WANTS TO.