Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri let go by Eagles

Anthony Hargrove AP

It’s only fitting that the “Dream Team” have some recognizable guys that couldn’t make the team.

We mentioned Sinorice Moss earlier.  We can also report that defensive linemen Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri were let go, according to Hargrove’s Twitter account and Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Hargrove was last with the Saints. Landri played in Carolina.  (Perhaps he’ll return.)

McLane expects the Eagles to keep four defensive tackles: Mike Patterson, Antonio Dixon, Trevor Laws, and Cullen Jenkins.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
19 Responses to “Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri let go by Eagles”
  1. ICDogg says: Sep 3, 2011 3:34 PM

Both these cuts are surprises to me. They both looked good in the preseason. Especially Landri.

2. drmonkeyarmy says: Sep 3, 2011 3:38 PM

Some Eagles fans are so delusional. I am an Eagles fans by the way. People are freaking out because Chad Hall was cut. Seriously people? I don’t think I’ve seen him make anybody miss over the past year. He is small and slow and not the least bit shifty. Also, several people were saying how he is going to be the next Wes Welker. I mean really? I wonder what games some of these people were watching.

3. nodecafplz1 says: Sep 3, 2011 3:40 PM

“Better hold onto your lunch pails, it’s gonna get a little weird.”

4. birds1986 says: Sep 3, 2011 3:49 PM

why the hell are they so high on Trevor Laws??? Letting Landri go after such a strong preseason just disgusting.

5. panther17 says: Sep 3, 2011 3:52 PM

I’d be happy if he returned and another DT joined him here

6. kspl1 says: Sep 3, 2011 3:52 PM

Damn, I wanted Hargrove to make the team. he’s a beast

7. gtmann says: Sep 3, 2011 3:55 PM

P L E A S E stop with the “Dream Team” nonsense

8. bobbyhoying says: Sep 3, 2011 3:56 PM

I remember a time, not so long ago, when the Birds always seemed weak at wide receiver. Now we’re cutting quality guys at that position. Amazing.

9. mdd913 says: Sep 3, 2011 4:01 PM

Hargrove is a good dude but he wants to play end and he’s just not quick enough. He’ll probably land on a team with weak ends or somebody looking for a pass rushing rotational tackle.

10. jfuzman says: Sep 3, 2011 4:08 PM

Lazy reporters, cheap shot artists, and Philly-haters (e.g., Rosenthal, Greg) are gonna keep beating the “Dream Team” drum until either the Birds win the Super Bowl or another team goes on a tear and earns the nickname itself.

As an Eagles fan, I hope for the former but have learned to expect the latter.

11. gusforgottens says: Sep 3, 2011 4:10 PM

Surprised about Hargrove, thought he would make that team.

12. phillychzstk2012 says: Sep 3, 2011 4:15 PM

i liked hargrove! very vocal leader on defence and i havent seen that from any player on the Eagles since Dawkins

13. crimhollingsworth says: Sep 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Here’s my impression of a typical Eagles fan:

“We are gonna win the Super Bowl! All y’all are just hatin’ cuz your jealous! DJackson is a BEAST!!! Vick is a BEAST!!! Namdhi is a BEAST!!!
    We are #1!!! Please don’t call us a Dreamteam.”

14. lexnekst says: Sep 3, 2011 4:34 PM

They probably wanted to keep him, but needed to clear cap to bring in a free agent LB and OL.

15. greymares says: Sep 3, 2011 4:43 PM

both of these tackles are better than Laws but trevor was a #2 draft pick that has to be justified.

16. andjmoore says: Sep 3, 2011 4:51 PM

Not a fan of these moves. Probably should have kept at least one of these guys.

17. birds1986 says: Sep 3, 2011 5:57 PM

I’m thinking it’s because Laws is still under a cheap contract, thats the only justification there can be, guy hasn’t done a damn thing.

I honestly think they’re trying to free up cap space 1. for the desean contract and 2. a possible run at Lance Briggs

18. mimitaroo says: Sep 3, 2011 6:06 PM

Mclane also said the Mcnabb to Raiders trade was a done deal a couple years ago..

19. mjtn says: Sep 4, 2011 11:27 AM

Surprised that Laws was kept over Hargrove and Landri. I really expected Landri to be the 4th tackle.

Also surprised that the Eagles were unable to trade Hanson for a late round pick. Perhaps teams thought they could sign him for less as a FA and/or figured they would rather compete for him as a FA rather than give up the late round pick (since it was obvious he would be cut).

Or maybe he just isn’t as good a nickleback as I thought he was.