Kevin Ogletree arrested for outstanding traffic tickets

Kevin+Ogletree+XIrhFEPKk6Zm Getty Images

It’s been nearly a month since the last arrest of an NFL player or employee.  And the streak is now over.

The Associated Press reports that Cowboys receiver Kevin Ogletree was arrested Friday for a pair of outstanding traffic tickets.

Ogletree was stopped in the Dallas area for speeding.  A computer check showed that he had not paid the past tickets, and he was taken into custody.

Permalink 44 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
44 Responses to “Kevin Ogletree arrested for outstanding traffic tickets”
  1. kmurph1226 says: Sep 3, 2011 12:27 AM

I mean to his defense he is a football player and those don’t get paid that much I heard.

2. eaglesblow says: Sep 3, 2011 12:31 AM

pay the damn tickets, kid!

3. scampbell1975 says: Sep 3, 2011 12:31 AM

Just another dumbass Cowturd.

4. ztvmid says: Sep 3, 2011 12:33 AM

Really? Traffic tickets gets you an arrest..? He may be a cowboy, but really, wtf? Just pay you’re ticket,I know, but it’s still total crap he got ARRESTED for it

5. phillychzstk2012 says: Sep 3, 2011 12:33 AM

oooooooooooooooooooohhhh

6. seneca1ss says: Sep 3, 2011 12:38 AM

Dang it! Now you have reset the “Days without an arrest” counter (I was looking forward to seeing that thing hit 30)

7. 4d9erdynasty49 says: Sep 3, 2011 12:38 AM

Haha r u kiddimg me.

8. christopher525 says: Sep 3, 2011 12:41 AM

Wow, now that’s going raise his street cred…..”what’d you get popped for? Manslaughter, drunk driving, drugs, murder, rape?”….”nahh man, I didn’t pay my parking tickets.”…..”damn yo, ain’t nobody gunna f*ck wit you, that’s hardcore.”

9. quiettexan says: Sep 3, 2011 12:44 AM

welcome to texas.

10. readysethike says: Sep 3, 2011 12:51 AM

He mustve had more then 3 to get arrested

11. duanethomas says: Sep 3, 2011 1:01 AM

WHO?

Does he have more then 10 career catches?

12. kestagg says: Sep 3, 2011 1:10 AM

Goodell is currently reviewing the matter to see if its under the league conduct policy and may impose necessary suspension

13. bhindenemylines says: Sep 3, 2011 1:14 AM

IRVING, Texas – Cowboys wide receiver Kevin Ogletree was arrested on Friday after being stopped for speeding in nearby Coppell, Texas.

When police ran his license, he was found to have not paid for a previous speeding ticket and not having his driver’s license during a prior traffic stop in Irving, according to a local report.

Ogletree was released on bond.
    ———————————————–

Hadn’t paid for a ticket and didn’t have his license on him.

Who hasn;t gotten a ticket?

BFD

14. itsmammoth says: Sep 3, 2011 1:14 AM

Dangit :/

15. pfizzle82 says: Sep 3, 2011 1:14 AM

pretty smart.guess he thought they would just go away.

16. hit2hurt says: Sep 3, 2011 1:39 AM

Although I don’t condone it, getting arrested for not paying traffic tickets is a B.S. reason for being taken to jail! When you think about it, you are going to jail for paying a BILL late! Pay your cable bill late and the police don’t care.. it’s a civil matter, but pay your traffic ticket late? Now your messing with the CITY revenue and it’s a CRIMINAL offense! B.S. if you ask me.. but that’s just MY humble opinion!

17. pthompson1187 says: Sep 3, 2011 1:46 AM

Seriously? i mean, we common folk find ways to pay our tickets, how can a person who gets paid pretty well not pay his fines? I know hes not making peyton manning or tom brady money, but still, he still should be able to pay for a few tickets…

18. muhangis says: Sep 3, 2011 1:56 AM

readysethike:
    Should re-read the story…. “Kevin Ogletree was arrested Friday for a PAIR of outstanding traffic tickets.”

19. valman61 says: Sep 3, 2011 1:59 AM

Relax people.they take you to the station. Normally without even cuffing you. You hang out for a while, pay your bill and your free. Shouldn’t even count on the arrest meter. It’s really no worse than having your friend giving you a ride home, stopping to eat for 2 hrs and making you pay the bill. Not exactly a legal issue.

20. starfan79 says: Sep 3, 2011 2:01 AM

You only need one in Texas to get arrested… I know :(

21. texastornado82 says: Sep 3, 2011 2:15 AM

I guess he won’t be making the team then.

22. upperdecker19 says: Sep 3, 2011 2:35 AM

He can’t drive………………….55!!!!!

23. irishfury says: Sep 3, 2011 2:52 AM

Ha the cops in my town woulda had back up there b4 steppin outta the squad car an it’d b on the news for a week or 2 atleast lucky guy. News flash ” cops bored as hell all around the country Osama lives no one cares NFL criminal busted!”

24. drgreenstreak says: Sep 3, 2011 2:57 AM

The cop was a Cowboy fan and turned a blind eye to the weed & coke. Just like state troopers do in Oregon to Ducks QB’s.

25. gadzod says: Sep 3, 2011 3:10 AM

Damn. I honestly looked at the count since the last arrest today and was shocked. Go figure 2 hours after I inquire about it, someone gets arrested.

26. hedleykow says: Sep 3, 2011 3:15 AM

Parking can be expensive…but still cheaper than shooting yourself in the thigh.

27. Mr. Super-Cool Awesome says: Sep 3, 2011 3:28 AM

That is NOT what you need on final cutdown day. Good luck Kev. I know the other young receivers on the bubble are smiling.

28. vahawker says: Sep 3, 2011 4:38 AM

How fast was he going? Was he a jerk who pzd off the police officer when he got stopped? Was he parking in handicapped spots? Has to be more to it than just a pair of parking tickets.

29. wiscnsnpatfan says: Sep 3, 2011 4:49 AM

So killers and drug dealers lawyer up and get slap-on-the-wrist sentences, but they throw the book at a guy who didn’t pay TWO PARKING TICKETS??? WTF?

30. ontheteebox says: Sep 3, 2011 5:37 AM

Outstanding traffic violations??? Must be a slow news day! Go Cowboys!

31. scott8nj says: Sep 3, 2011 6:06 AM

You can get arrested for one ticket. If you don’t pay, a warrant is issued. I was with a friend who got pulled over and taken in for one ticket (in NJ). It was a while back and he had forgotten about it. I drove home, got some $$, came back and got him out. They release you as soon as you pay.

32. fatcamper says: Sep 3, 2011 6:42 AM

Is that worthy of the death penalty in Texas?

33. sdanner52 says: Sep 3, 2011 6:47 AM

do not fine me roger.

34. santolonius says: Sep 3, 2011 8:30 AM

doesn’t texas have the death penalty for unpaid traffic tickets? ogletree better pay up.

35. greymares says: Sep 3, 2011 8:47 AM

I think $500.00 fine for the tickets and 20yrs. for being a Cowboy.

36. TheDPR says: Sep 3, 2011 8:57 AM

Cars and the morons who drive them kill 93 people a day in the U.S. Maybe if people who violated traffic safety laws regularly were arrested more often people would respect the lives and safety of others more.

37. scott8nj says: Sep 3, 2011 9:38 AM

They could have even been parking tickets.

38. dd393 says: Sep 3, 2011 10:07 AM

He’ll never make the Cowboys with only traffic offenses. Go for a misdemeanor to make the practice squad. Then, for the game day roster, shoot for a felony. Go beat somebody up. Or maybe stick some candy up your nose. Be a Jerry Jones type team player.

39. eaglesblow says: Sep 3, 2011 10:12 AM

maybe we should ban cars.

40. mcl5000 says: Sep 3, 2011 10:18 AM

This is news? I didn’t have my wallet on me one day and I happened to get pulled over for nothing. No ticket or anything. I had to mail a copy of my license to them within 5 days. I mailed it 3 days later since I was busy at work. It took a few days to get there, and on the 6th day there was a warrant for my arrest. Such a joke.

41. lexnekst says: Sep 3, 2011 10:41 AM

Step your crime up, if you still have dreams of being a Bengal.

42. drtharrison says: Sep 3, 2011 11:18 AM

To me, not paying a parking ticket is showing a lack of respect for the laws of that area. How many times have we all wanted to just throw it on the ground, but we (or if I were a millionaire playing in the NFL, I would ask my accountant to) pay it. I am neither pro or anti Cowboy, or pro or anti Texas, but I say good that he has become an example of what can happen if you don’t follow the laws of the land.

I think Ogletree is an adult. He should know better. I know that my minor age, non-driving children would know better.

43. jabroni1 says: Sep 3, 2011 7:36 PM

About 20 years ago I had gotten a fix it ticket for my window tinting being to dark in CA. . I blew it off. About a year later I got pulled over again and arrested for not taking care of it. I spent the weekend in jail and had to pay for failure to appear and the price of the ticket. Yes it happens pay your tickets Cowgirl!

44. thridandlong says: Sep 16, 2011 10:58 PM

4 Cowboys riding in a car, who’s driving ?

The Police.