Seahawks make their moves to get to 53

Divisional Playoffs - Seattle Seahawks v Chicago Bears Getty Images

The Seattle Seahawks placed three players on injured reserve, three more on the physically unable to perform list, designated one player as waived/injured and released 20 players to reach the NFL-mandated limit of 53 players.

TE John Carlson (shoulder), WR Isaiah Stanback (hamstring) and DL Jimmy Wilkerson (knee) were placed on injured reserve, while WR Deon Butler (leg), CB Roy Lewis (knee) and TE Cameron Morrah (toe) were put on the PUP list. DE Pierre Allen (hamstring) was waived/injured.

The following 20 players were released: FB Dorson Boyce, WR Chris Carter, RB Thomas Clayton, DT Colin Cole, CB Kennard Cox, OG Paul Fanaika, DL Maurice Fountain, OL Mike Gibson, DE David Howard, LB Michael Johnson, LB/DE Jameson Konz, FS Mark LeGree, WR Ricardo Lockette, LB Mike Morgan, S Josh Pinkard, OT William Robinson, DE A.J. Schable, WR Owen Spencer, RB Vai Taua, WR Patrick Williams.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
15 Responses to “Seahawks make their moves to get to 53”
  1. pacificnw7722 says: Sep 3, 2011 9:26 PM

Surprised RB Thomas Clayton is gone….dude ran well for the Hawks.

FS Mark Legree is also is a shock.

2. talkintrashallday says: Sep 3, 2011 9:43 PM

Jameson Konz played half back at Kent State…if they switch you from HB/FB to Defensive End…you shoulda seen this coming

3. cball77 says: Sep 3, 2011 10:11 PM

I didn’t watch any practices this year, but Clayton had 4 great games in the preseason – makes you wonder what else you have to do.

I thought Gibson was their best option for backup for the interior line – that worries me considering how bad it’s looked.

The rest of the list makes sense to me – guys that didn’t flash or rarely flashed.

A little suprised Dexter Davis (last year’s pre-season darling) made the cut – hadn’t heard his name mentioned once this preseason.

4. dkeyser says: Sep 3, 2011 10:26 PM

and yet somehow Golden Tate still has a job…very very odd

5. johnsticle says: Sep 3, 2011 11:00 PM

Surprised to see TChoke (QB Jackson for you Seahawks fans) is still there. Just wait. By December you’ll also be calling him TChoke.

6. screwuhowardschultz says: Sep 3, 2011 11:00 PM

Colin Cole?? He was a solid starter last year… Thomas Clayton should be picked up by someone, he looked good during the preseason.

7. darocnessmonsta says: Sep 3, 2011 11:54 PM

As a Cowboys Fan I Dont understand how isaiah stanback continues to be injured with same problems when he was drafted but still manages to be on a team kick this bum out the league already, seriously what has he done to continue other than to continue to late on IR!!!

8. bt49er says: Sep 4, 2011 12:34 AM

I’m surprised Thomas Clayton hasn’t been given a better shot in the NFL. His rookie year with the Niners he was the leading rusher in the preseason. I know its no big deal because its just preseason but I’d like to see him get a shot.

9. majorseahawk says: Sep 4, 2011 12:57 AM

No shocking surprises there, except for maybe Cole. Mebane is better but I thought they’d want to keep Cole for some quality depth. Oh yeah, and my boy Jeron Johnson made the team! I knew he could do it.

10. savannahrose44 says: Sep 4, 2011 1:37 AM

Clayton will find a job somewhere no doubt about that. Colin Cole not really a shocker 44 combined tackles for the season and 1 sack in 2010…Solid? Meh. There are a couple people on this cut list I would have rather not seen, but all in all I’m content with the players they did keep. I liked Pinkard and Lockette, but I don’t see them staying unemployed either. If they make it through waivers I’m sure they will be placed on the practice squad if nothing else…An ace in the hole perhaps?

11. wtfru2 says: Sep 4, 2011 10:40 AM

And they kept Tarvaris? Odd real Odd…..

12. claymus1 says: Sep 4, 2011 1:12 PM

I understand all but Thomas Clayton. Dude outperformed ALL the Seahawks RBs. Seattle be crazy…oh well.. We will know much more in a few weeks.

13. dhawk12 says: Sep 4, 2011 1:15 PM

dkeyser says:
    Sep 3, 2011 10:26 PM
    and yet somehow Golden Tate still has a job…very very odd
    —————–
    You obviously don’t follow the Seahawks. He tore it up on Friday…

14. seattlelgt says: Sep 4, 2011 3:42 PM

@savannahrose44 “Colin Cole not really a shocker 44 combined tackles for the season and 1 sack in 2010…Solid? Meh. ”

————–

Another stat pro. As if every players ability is justified by the God Almighty stats. You do realize that Cole was out a handful of games last season due to injury, correct? You realize that his stats are comparable to some of the best DT’s in the game, even while missing a several games, correct?

Kevin Williams of MIN, 39 tacks and 1 sack. Arguably one of the best DT’s in the game. Oh, but to you, his stats don’t represent that.

15. savannahrose44 says: Sep 5, 2011 1:29 AM

@ seattlelgt

Stat pro…no don’t claim to be one nor do I care really. But I do recall Cole drawing several penalties and stats or no stats they had a reason for showing him the door or he would still be a Seahawk. I might not agree with you, but at least I don’t attack you for your opinion. And I don’t compare any player to Williams…he cheats.