Lee Evans practices, prepares to play against Pittsburgh

Getty Images

In an effort to finally overcome the Steelers in the AFC North, the Baltimore Ravens made a deal for receiver Lee Evans.  And as the Ravens prepare to play the Steelers in Week One, Evans has been in a walking boot.

Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times reports that Evans is now out of the boot.  Evans also practiced on Monday, and he is expected to play on Sunday.

“We were doing precautionary things,” Evans said.  “You have to stay on top of things.  It was good to be out there today.

“Yeah, it [was] good to come out here and run on it and see where it’s at.  We’ll see how it reacts in the next couple of days.”

Evans joins Anquan Boldin on the first-team offense, replacing Derrick Mason.  The Ravens also did not re-sign Donte’ Stallworth and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

35 responses to “Lee Evans practices, prepares to play against Pittsburgh

1. They don’t stand a chance against pure Steel. Get ready for A 42-0 BEATDOWN. LOLOLOLOL

2. We win games. We win BIG games. We own this league. We will leave this league after this SB run. We will start our own league and none of these loser teams will be allowed. Here we go Steelers, here we go! Seven rings then off to the SFL where we might find a challenge by having Steel face Steel. Here we go Steelers, here we go!

3. So good to hear! I always get so pumped for this game! Even though we’ve been on the losing end mostly, nO one can deny how good these two teams are, and how similarly built they are. Not to mention the most exciting rivalry in sports right now, we may hate eachother but I certainly have respect for the real Pitt fans who have sense and love football the right way, saying that, GET READY FOR SUNDAY!!!! BMORES GONNA BRING IT!!!!

4. I am sure he will be a presence but if I remember correctly, he didn’t do much when we played the Bills last year.

5. Evans is a bum, he always has been. He’s always been a one-trick-pony. Take away the deep ball and he’s useless. Honestly I don’t think he’s a great route runner, the only way he ever got open was to run deep. How often did Lee Evans catch 10 yard pass across the middle and turn it into a 20 yard gain? People always argue that he was getting double covered, great wide receivers get covered all the time. Clearly Lee Evans is not a great wide receiver.
    The Bills brought in T.O. and he was invisible, Stevie Johnson had a breakout year and yet again he was invisible. What did he have 30 catches last year? Didn’t Brandon Marshall once have 19 in ONE GAME!!! I know all his supporters are going to blame the QB, but Stevie Johnson was catching balls from the same QB and that didn’t stop him from having a great season.
    Evans may have a good year this year but that’s only because the Ravens have Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin which will open him up for the deep ball. Do your one trick Evans, that’s all you got.

6. So Lee Evans is the answer for Baltimore to overcome Pittsburgh? I’m not a fan of either team, but Lee Evans isn’t that much of a game changer. The best thing Lee Evans will do on the field this year is take some of the attention away from Anquan Boldin (whom I happen to have on my fantasy football bench this year).

7. steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 says:
    Sep 5, 2011 9:42 PM
    ___________
    I fail to believe the rest of Steeler fans are this stupid. You have a good team but be stupid.

When you get to your own league I guess you’ll be playing with yourselves. I am guessing you’re used to it.

8. steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 says:
    Sep 5, 2011 9:42 PM
    —————————————————
    This idiot!!! There is more substance stuffed in a hot dog than in this moron’s head. Lolz? Really?

9. steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6: I’m watching the last 4 minutes of XLV right now. Suck it up, loser.

10. bunkmcnulty says:
    Sep 5, 2011 10:19 PM
    steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 says:
    Sep 5, 2011 9:42 PM
    ___________

———————————–

He’s not a Steelers fan. He’s a troll who keeps changing his name to different variations on this theme and posting these over-the-top comments. Just another dipstick with no real interest in the game. Ignore it.

11. bunkmcnulty says:Sep 5, 2011 10:19 PM

steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 says:
    Sep 5, 2011 9:42 PM
    ———————————————————-
    I’m going to assume you’re still trying to get your bearings straight after coming right out of the coal mine and completely forgot about the ass-handing you got in last year’s BIGGEST game….?

Your team plays in a puss division. As far as the WE thing…..the only thing you suit up for is church, buddy….go take a seat.

Lee Evans is a class guy, but is no longer relevant in the league.

12. steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 says:
    Sep 5, 2011 9:42 PM
    ————————————————-
    And the sad thing is this space unit really believes that fiction. Good luck with that man, the steelers will not win another ring in your lifetime, they are old and often injured. Maybe when the Steelers join the IFL (intergalactic football league) in 2075 and play the fighting Ewoks from Endor, you might see that elusive 7th. ring. Good luck though, tell Chewbacca and Han Solo I said Whazzzzup.

13. HEY steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6:

In the last big game you played…you lost with over 107 million people watching. And whats this we crap? You never played a down….your Steelers suck-it

Rapist QB…Check
    Drunk Driving WR…Check
    Babbling idiot named James Harrison….check
    The stupiddest fan in the NFL: steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 CHECK

14. @GO BILLS……………
    I began to actually start to consider your opinion then quickly realized your a bitter low life jealous bills fan. Your mad because we got the best player on your team for a 4th round pick. Your also probably mad because you guys are one of the worst ran organizations in the entire NFL for several years now. Your probably also mad because you lost 4 superbowls in a row. I quickly disregarded everything you said when you added your second comment “go pittsburgh”. I thought you were a bills fan, why hate on the ravens or love on the steelers. Clearly your a moran. BILLS = Boy I Love Losing Superbowls. Enjoy another 4-12 season as you watch LEEEEEEE have a career year, oh and enjoy your 4th round pick.

15. steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 says:
    Sep 5, 2011 9:42 PM

Let’s see the Steelers win without their roids.

16. The Steelers have no one that can cover Lee Evans, he will have at least one TD and over 100 yds. Flacco has never had a reciever that can catch the long ball. It changes the Steelers blitz packages and will make the game higher scoring.

The Ravens were able to score on Pitt last year, it will be interesting to see if the changes on Defense help, how can they not.

17. I wish the Bills wouldn’t have dealt him away. He may have not caught 80 passes a season, but he always had to be accounted for, almost always drew double coverage.

Go Bills!!!!

18. Hey ravenator, I was thinking the same thing, these trolls have no clue how good our teams gonna be this year, notice the fool above that claims our divison is soft lol what a fool, must suck, sucking year in and year out, you fools should cone to the dark side so you can know what January football feels like, let’s crush these fools on Sunday, Ike Taylor is gonna be sucking that broken thumb by the third quarter after lee burns him up for 100 and 2 td’s

19. @ gobills716 What I am about to say is the god’s honest truth in my heart… the Ravens can go 5-11 this year and finish last in the division and although it would suck, the first thing that would come to mind is “well, I could be a Bills fan” You really have some nerve poppin off about a team/front office that your fanbase can only dream of having. Thanks for the good laugh though.

20. RayLewisIsGod says:
    Sep 5, 2011 11:22 PM
    Who else wants to kick “steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6″ in the skull?

I sure do.
    ——————
    The one, single “thumbs down” to your post made me LOL.

21. I love the Steelers as much as the next guy, but steelernationlolzatyouremptytrophycase6 ?? Damn…..What are you talking about?

Hey djstat? “Obstruction of justice” in a murder trial: Check; Killing another person while dui: Check; putting bounties on players: check.

Roids Savannah? Do you actually believe that in a league where your fart is fined if it smells too foul, that the Steelers are all on roids? Any if they are, do you actually think that they are the only team?

22. Well, I’m glad someone is allow to respond to the Ravenettes and their ‘roid obsessions. Apparently I’m not. Funny, but you guys never seem so concerned about what’s posted to me. 🙄

23. bensstinkyfingers says:

*************

An interesting idea, so I crunched some of the numbers and, guess what? Ewoks lack the lateral mobility to play man against Emmanuel Sanders in the slot. So it sounds like your little fantasy is Grade-A Baloney.

Go Steelers.

24. all those top two comments did was prove that the steelers have the biggest clown in the history of pft as their fan. way to go buddy. i am totally embarrassed for the steelers. FAIL

25. It’s amazing what people say with online anonymity. ‘Roids talk, and all the typical trash that morons who get on here and spew. Face to face, I’d bet most would be invisible. Too bad more of you who are just “STOOPID” aren’t invisible here.

As a Ravens fan let me say I do enjoy Tomlin during these weeks. As much as I hate the Steelers the guy is awesome. His press conferences are great and he is respectful. I hope this week at his post game conference he can speak from a different perspective…the losers side. I am so damn tired of losing these games!

26. If this guy can stay healthy he will be a big addition. If we can get the run game going Sunday and then use a nice play action, Evans would be money for six points on the deep route.