T.O. says DeSean shouldn’t show up on Sunday

Cleveland Browns v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

Six years after wreaking havoc on the Eagles organization, receiver Terrell Owens is still trying to cause a little trouble.

Appearing Tuesday on 97.5 The Fanatic with Mike Missanelli in Philadelphia, Owens was asked whether receiver DeSean Jackson should play in the Week One game against the Rams.

Absolutely not,” Owens said, via PhillySportsDaily.com. “I would have to better myself and my family and my situation.  That’s ridiculous.”

Jackson, in the final year of a slotted rookie deal, is due to earn $600,000 in 2011.

Owens pointed out that Jackson has received advice “to go in there, be a man about it and play under the existing contract that he has . . . but I guarantee you, if he goes out and gets hurt, God forbid, he’s not going to get the contract that he probably would have gotten if he held out.”

Jackson, who like Owens is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, likely is taking a low-key position due to the mess that T.O. created in his quest for a new contract.  If Owens had handled his business differently, Jackson possibly could be a bit more aggressive now.

And Owens acknowledges that he may have gone too far.

“I probably would have handled it in a more professional way,” Owens said of his own experiences.  “I still stand by the fact that I never tried to do anything out of the norm to tarnish my relationship with the Eagles.  My agent tried to do the necessary things to try and do things behind closed doors to ensure I got a good contract at that time.”

That strategy failed.  If Jackson suffers a serious injury before getting a new deal, his strategy will have failed, too.

If Jackson gets hurt, the Eagles can always call T.O.

Asked if he’d play again for the Eagles, Owens said, “Dude, of course . . . I loved Philly.  I loved playing there.  I’ve never had a feeling like scoring a touchdown, going to the sideline and having all of Lincoln Financial Field chant my name.  I had the best time of my life and my career in my years in Philadelphia.”

He’s right about one thing.  All of Lincoln Field would be chanting his name if he returned.  With a few extra words.

Permalink 109 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
109 Responses to “T.O. says DeSean shouldn’t show up on Sunday”
  1. ninjapleazee says: Sep 6, 2011 8:17 PM

Why? T.O. needs more viewers for his lame TV show that no one watches?

2. thehighhat says: Sep 6, 2011 8:17 PM

T.O…. Guess everyone doesn’t get smarter with age!

3. cakemixa says: Sep 6, 2011 8:19 PM

Only 600k for this year? How’s he going to feed his family and kids, man?

4. booyaa63 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:22 PM

T.O. doesn’t have the option of showing up, but he should probably shut up.

5. lowender75 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:23 PM

D-Jax is about ten years younger than T.O. was when he was in Philly, but he is way more mature and professional in how he handles himself with the team…I really hope he gets his payday soon because he has EARNED IT

6. eaglesblow says: Sep 6, 2011 8:26 PM

TO was right about Mcnabb and now that 5 is gone most eagle fans will agree. if he signed with the eagles tomorrow they’d all love him.

7. dgreenfi says: Sep 6, 2011 8:26 PM

TO: Possibly the worst career counselor of all time.

8. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says: Sep 6, 2011 8:26 PM

T.O. you bad, bad, man. Telling DeSean not to show up so YOU can fill his roster spot.

9. eaglesblow says: Sep 6, 2011 8:26 PM

only 600k for this year but if he gets a career ending injury 600k wont last long

10. strahan92 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:28 PM

Let DeSean do some push-ups in his driveway…it’s not like the Eagles are ever going to win a ring anway.

11. kehav1 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:29 PM

T.O talks a lot…..he is loosing respect day by day……no wonder no ones wants to sign him

12. idriveamoped says: Sep 6, 2011 8:29 PM

He’s right about one thing. All of Lincoln Field would be chanting his name if he returned. With a few extra words…………………………………………………………………………….

Ya right, it doesnt matter who it is, even if it was Osama Bin Laden, if he helped “Your” team to the Super Bowl then you would be cheering for them.

13. cheezysmegma says: Sep 6, 2011 8:29 PM

Would that be F.O. Owens?

14. itsmammoth says: Sep 6, 2011 8:29 PM

Owens is kind of right.

They keep putting off his contract, almost avoiding it. It would be a damn shame if Jackson gets hurt this year. You have to play the business side too, if you’re worth MILLIONS, then GET YOUR MILLIONS.

…and before all the Owens hate. He really did love Philly, I always hated the fact that he wore a damn Eagles hat around when he was a member of the Cowboys.

15. americankris says: Sep 6, 2011 8:31 PM

Well seeing as my mom makes 40k a year he should already be feeding himself quite well

16. riverhorsey says: Sep 6, 2011 8:32 PM

T.O. is angling for another shot w the Eagles.

17. captainwisdom8888 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:32 PM

Lets give a sigh of relief that Desean doesn’t count T.O. as a trusted adviser…

18. boknowsvt says: Sep 6, 2011 8:33 PM

I bet T.O. had a lot of teammates who wished he hadn’t shown up on Sundays either.

19. kingjoe1 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:33 PM

really? Kind of seems like TO missed out on about 20 million dollars trying to pull a powerplay. The Eagles have a deal in place with DJ now, and will announce probably on Saturday. No worries TO, go play with your torn ACL.

20. ny82jy says: Sep 6, 2011 8:37 PM

600k is a joke for a player like jackson. Id be pissed to if i was him especially since they just paid that trashbag vick a ton of money. A ton of money in which jackson helped vick make by all of the huge plays hes made for him. Idk why people get so mad over holdouts if it was me or anyone else you would try to get what you felt you deserved too. The owners have the money too so screw them just like they would screw jackson if he tore a acl this year

21. kingbattle says: Sep 6, 2011 8:37 PM

As a loyal EAGLES fan and with D JAXX being my favorite player I wouldn’t show up either.. Its ridiculous, how they EAGLES are handling this situation. Look at all the other players that they extended before it got this far. Either they dont want him or they just being cheat. Whatever the case is, this is totally ridiculous. Can they win without him? NO!! How much does it cost to win? Thats how much they need to pay him….. @kinbattle on twitter

22. rcali says: Sep 6, 2011 8:37 PM

And he wonders why his best offers the last few years were the Bills and Bungels.

23. justanotherdummy says: Sep 6, 2011 8:37 PM

T.O. is a blockhead. If Desean gets hurt, he is covered, there is something called insurance. You give a company some money, and if you get mangled, they give you a tidy sum to help make up for what you lose out on. DJax has already purchased a policy, as do many many other professional athletes.

24. lilrob10201 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:38 PM

As an Eagles fan I still missed T.O wearing that green and white.If it was not for T.O then I would have never seen the 2004 superbowl (eventhough we lost).But think about it if T.O was 100% during the 2004 SB I know damn well we would have a trophy in that case.Pats fans thank Roy Williams.

25. lilrob10201 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:38 PM

And I would love T.O back in Philly.He could be our bid redzone threat.He at least has another good year in him.

26. "Cue the haters in 3….2…..1……” says: Sep 6, 2011 8:40 PM

This will be one where the Eagles will wish they had locked him up. DJax this year with Vick is going to be special. Pro Bowl and free agency after the season. Eagles won’t tag him and Al Davis or Jerry Jones will break the bank for him. The Eagles will have too many guys to pay or cut next season as it is.

27. hawkjuice says: Sep 6, 2011 8:43 PM

It must be nice to be able bitch about making $600,000 a year.

28. jpietrefesa says: Sep 6, 2011 8:44 PM

“I would have to better myself and my family and my situation. That’s ridiculous.”

I mean can you really take him seriously? Better my family and situation? These guys need to stop with the holdouts its ridiculous, they think they’re bigger than the game. If you have a down year do you give money back to the team? You signed the contract that should be the end of conversation. Do you see that signature on the line? Yea that was yours.

29. bearsrulepackdrool says: Sep 6, 2011 8:44 PM

T.O. just wants some company on Sunday to watch the game with.

But, if I was Desean I’d be mad too. This “Dream Team” is dishing out money like its candy on Halloween and your best playmaker for Vick is getting paid like a scrub. That is disrespectful.

It’s easy for us fans to point and say “go out and play.” We look at dollar and cents and not at the fact that a team could take that a way in a heartbeat and sign a new star player for us to love in his place.

We don’t have to worry about how he makes a living we just hope our team wins.

30. phillyphever says: Sep 6, 2011 8:44 PM

TO: do us all a favor and just shut up. I know it’s hard for you to do, but please: JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!

31. vdogg says: Sep 6, 2011 8:45 PM

Yeah listen to a guy NO ONE WANTS ON THEIR TEAM…..!

Seriously, who would take career advice from the biggest locker room cancer to play the game?

T.O. you got released from the Wayward Home for Football Players….if Cincy doesnt want you, shut up and fade away…..hell Buffalo could even stand a 2nd year…

32. jigwig13 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:46 PM

Think it may be too late to sitout and not play but I have to agree with TO…no way a big name wideout like desean should be playing for 600k he is robbing his self…if he gets hurt this yr he won’t make the kind of money he was worth before the injury…and his risk is high due to his weight and size…they should atleast add on some money this yr with the promise of a long term solution next yr…if not I say he should not play

33. wisconsineaglesfan says: Sep 6, 2011 8:47 PM

T.O. needs to STFU! The man is cancer and why anyone would want that has-beens advice is beyond me. The man messed up what could have been multi-millions in Philly area related promotional deals but wanted to try and extract more money from a deal he signed a year earlier, and screwed up the everything for himself. Could have finished his career in Philly and saved some face after the 49er folly (and possibly won some SB rings)… but he is not smart enough to get out of his own way. So he is now a journeyman WR who will most likely miss the HOF until the 3rd or 4rd nomination because he is a “problem child”.

Drew Rosenhaus was also part of the problem… being that he is the biggest PoS in the agent market. It is sad that DeSean has signed on with this scumbag agent.

34. eagleswin says: Sep 6, 2011 8:49 PM

lilrob10201 says:Sep 6, 2011 8:38 PM

————————————————-

You do realize he didn’t play at all in the playoffs before the superbowl? He had zero impact on any of the Eagles playoff wins that year.

35. blue18hutthutt says: Sep 6, 2011 8:49 PM

TO is a jerk and a cancer, but I actually agree with him in this respect – DeSean has CLEARLY out-performed his contract and is a core piece of the Eagles offense – everything he said about DeSean risking the value of a future contract is absolutely right.

On the otherhand, if the Eagles don’t want to resign the guy and let him goto the highest bidder, then sure, burn your bridges with him and force him to play that last year of his contract ..he has little choice

36. drstrangelust says: Sep 6, 2011 8:50 PM

Jesus H Christ…Is there any player in the NFL that Drew Rosenhaus DOESN’T represent?

37. ravenator says: Sep 6, 2011 8:51 PM

And when you’re healed, you want a team to sign you? You are the epitome of cancer TO.

38. 4512dawg4512 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:52 PM

Love me some T.O! He gives it to you straight, no B.S. With the Eagles in 2004, 14 TD’s 1,200 yards on a terrible contract. He fired his agent and asked for a new deal, the Eagles barfed all over themselves and ended up losing T.O to the Cowboys. In the three years he was with the Cowboys he was the most productive WR in the NFL – 3,587 yards receiving and 38 TD’s. The scary thing is that he’s STILL good enough to perform at that level. And like he says “there’s a lot of love in those boo’s” haha Lets go TO!

39. jmills147 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:53 PM

I think DeSean should follow T.O.’s advice…seems pretty sound…in fact, hold out the whole season, if that’s what it takes… (go gmen!)

40. myeaglescantwin says: Sep 6, 2011 8:54 PM

the nation gets the wrong feel for TO in philly.

we loved that dude. he was exactly what we were calling for year in an year out. he just wanted to get paid

he proved his fortitude when he played on a broken leg and was willing to put his career on the line while our QB was gaspin for air and losing his lunch on the championship drive.

the rift was that he started exposing donovan for exactly what he was., exactly what we saw his whole career.. Andy chose sides and decided it was TO that was the problem, rather than a foolish inaccurate QB.

as for DeSean,, he should hold out for as long as it takes for the deal to get done.
    Owners already have proved they have NO loyalty to players. (dawkins sheppard westbrook)
    They will give him nothing but a handshake and a cab ride if he ever gets really injured.. he’s got to look out for #1

GO EAGLES.

41. claymatthewsisonsteroids says: Sep 6, 2011 8:56 PM

Wow, I wonder why no team has taken a chance on him yet… Seriously TO, stay out of your own way. Just shut up and concentrate on the T.O. Show!

42. frankrizzo51 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:57 PM

This malcontent surfaces why? Maybe he’ll chime in and give Lance Briggs some advice. Turdell will go down in history as one of the few who did little with a lot.

43. lilrob10201 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:58 PM

eagleswin says:
    Sep 6, 2011 8:49 PM
    lilrob10201 says:Sep 6, 2011 8:38 PM

————————————————-

—————————————
    But do you realize that without T.O we would have not made the playoffs.Just name one big name receiver that made a big impact that season ?

44. wisconsineaglesfan says: Sep 6, 2011 9:00 PM

People also need to realize the Eagles keep their contract talks quit. DeSean and the Eagles may be knocking out the details of a big deal right now.

People outside the situation need to keep quiet and stop trying to cause issues where there are none. If DeSean thinks he is being wronged, then he is a man and will take care of HIS business.

All that said, I believe DeSean is due for a nice payday, and the Eagles will see that he gets it, this year.

45. wisconsineaglesfan says: Sep 6, 2011 9:01 PM

Obviously meant “Eagles keep their contract talks QUIET”.

46. murraysons says: Sep 6, 2011 9:01 PM

Shouldn’t the article say FORMER receiver Terrell Owens?

47. eagleswin says: Sep 6, 2011 9:03 PM

4512dawg4512 says:Sep 6, 2011 8:52 PM

———————————————

That was the first year of a 7 year/ $49 mill contract. What was so terrible about that contract? Especially back in 2004? His signing bonus check had barely cleared before he wanted a new deal.

Let’s not rewrite history.

48. qdog112 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:07 PM

Dontcha just hate it when TO is right?

49. bdert says: Sep 6, 2011 9:08 PM

T.O. Should’ve withheld th@ comment… th@ could potentially hurt his chances of a return…The league is watching Terrell, you were just on TV crying about coming back…?? dont be “Flabbergasted” if u dont get a call back…

50. deenice810 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:09 PM

T.O. is a first class knuckle head. Who’s cares what he thinks anyway.
    He should be worrying about what team he’s going to destroy next.
    SMH!

51. realnflmaster says: Sep 6, 2011 9:11 PM

FILTHadelphia is worth 34 cents on the dollar.

6-10. JETS superbowl 2011.

52. sadskinsfan89 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:12 PM

Coming from someone who’s made so many great decisions.

53. josh19696 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:13 PM

lilrob10201 says:Sep 6, 2011 8:38 PM

And you sir are the reason why us real fans call you an idiot. How did he help us get to the SB? He didnt play a single playoff game leading up to the SB but yet he helped us get there? Go back to thinking you know football because you play Madden on rookie…

54. bender4700 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:13 PM

and T.O. wonders why he played for what, 3 more teams after Philly?

Oh and how he probably won’t be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

oh and how he’s sitting at home, with no one willing to put up with him with the injury looming.

55. jimmysee says: Sep 6, 2011 9:15 PM

T.O. and Tiki need to go find some bar somewhere to watch the games and grumble about how it is not as good as it was in the good old days.

56. bdawk20 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:15 PM

What TO does not realize is that DJax took out an insurance policy that will pay him more if he gets hurt vs. if he doesn’t at the current contract.

57. bender4700 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:17 PM

I respect DeSean a lot more for realizing that if he wants to get paid, his field efforts will dictate that. Him returning when he did, and if he goes out there and is the same player, if not better, he’ll get more than he dreamed of.

I applaud him for being smarter than T.O.

Although that task is never very hard to do.

58. BTC says: Sep 6, 2011 9:17 PM

This headline is so obvious and stupid it sounds like a joke, or like something from the Onion. A perpetual malcontent is advising someone to put himself above the team? NO WAI!!!

59. howmnyplayoffwinsugot says: Sep 6, 2011 9:20 PM

The thing I love about guys like Marshall Faulk, westbrook, and tomlinson; they were humble superstars. Owens, just as gifted but so friggin full of himself. Too bad you weren’t more humble in ’05 you would still be in philly. And you could’ve owned that city. Everyone loved you. Whatever money you were whining about, you could’ve made off the city of Philadelphia. You messed up, not Don, not coach…you. I loved you, I still do but I feel like that guy in anchorman, “why’d you have to let that poop come out of your mouth”

60. drstrangelust says: Sep 6, 2011 9:29 PM

A turd goes down the toilet in the same direction…always!

61. mrfrostyj says: Sep 6, 2011 9:34 PM

A. Maybe Desean doesn’t want to play for Dallas like T.O. ended up having to.

B. Even if he does get hurt. Jackson will have PLENTY of options next year. If the current Eagles brass won’t pay for him I guarantee hurt or not Tom Heckart would in Cleveland.

62. YouMadCauseImStylingOnYou says: Sep 6, 2011 9:37 PM

TO is a master troll. Knows how to keep him name in the papers.

63. nomoreseasontix says: Sep 6, 2011 9:40 PM

Great plan!! Scorched earth! Worked for T.O.!!

Yes, follow his advice and be labeled a malcontent and locker-room cancer. Make sure you spend the rest of your career bouncing from one desperate team to another.

64. imaginesuperbowlwin says: Sep 6, 2011 9:42 PM

TO is an assmunch.

65. eaglesblow says: Sep 6, 2011 9:47 PM

==================

i dont think they would have made the playoffs at all without his 77 catches and 14 touchdowns! so yes he had an impact on all of the playoff games!

66. thetooloftools says: Sep 6, 2011 9:48 PM

T.O. …. The Queen still needs a stage. Randy Moss has a shot… this guy has NO CHANCE !

67. derekjetersmansion says: Sep 6, 2011 9:49 PM

No way DeSean is NOT franchised next year. It’s pretty obvious he will be.

DeSean’s value is only going to go lower. He may not even catch 65 balls this year.

On a side note, it is truly stunning how little Drew Rosenhaus is blamed for anything.

68. anhdazman says: Sep 6, 2011 9:50 PM

Why don’t you go ice your knee TO.

DeSean has played incredible, since being a 2nd round draft pick for the Eagles. It is a shame that they haven’t rewarded DeSean yet, but it shows a lot of class how DeSean is handling the situation. If you don’t get your contract before next year DeSean, you do what’s best for you. Just store this learning experience aside and use it as a motivational tool.

Eagles owner and management understand that they have a player, with a history of concussions. They’re not eager to shell out money to a guy that has a high chance of getting injured again. (Like the Colts paying Manning a huge contract and realizing he’s not playing any time soon.) To the Eagles, it’s just a better “Business decision.”

69. derekjetersmansion says: Sep 6, 2011 9:52 PM

@ eagleswin

Upshaw pleaded with him to not sign it. The base salary in 2005 was like $550,000.

70. irchs1963 says: Sep 6, 2011 9:57 PM

Why get angry with T.O., focus on Mike Missanelli for even asking the question. We all know how T.O. would respond to such a question…. once again, it’s an example of Missanelli ‘stirring the pot’ just to promote contoversery. It’s just my honest opinion.

71. paulieorkid says: Sep 6, 2011 10:08 PM

T.O. was radioactive *before* his latest divisive anti-management outburst.

Translation: T.O.’s retirement will be forced upon him against his will, and will carry many similarities to the humiliating “don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out” departures of Randy Moss and Tiki Barber.

T.O. will be heard from again — but not in any meaningful context on an NFL playing field. It will instead be some embarassing look-at-me everyone sideshow that gets about a 0.09 Nielsson rating before getting cancelled as no one notices.

72. kevsright says: Sep 6, 2011 10:15 PM

Tee zero is hardly the person to ask about how to deal with the Eagles. Extortionost bum! :x

Don’t listen to Tee zero, D.J., or you too will be run out of town on a rail.

73. mikeyhigs says: Sep 6, 2011 10:17 PM

“I still stand by the fact that I never did anything out of the norm to tarnish my relationship with the eagles”

I guess he’s right since getting the press involved in negotiations and inviting them over for sit-ups in the driveway is obviously the norm for T.O. Along with telling his OC not to speak unless spoken too.

I don’t think any of that tarnished your relationship with the Eagles

74. kevsright says: Sep 6, 2011 10:19 PM

-ist bum! :oops:

75. birdgang says: Sep 6, 2011 10:22 PM

Wowwwww this is just crazy. I heard the radio interview twice, once live and later a replay on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philly. Mikey Miss asked him if he would be playing week one if he was in Desean’s position and that’s the answer he gave, with a good explanation why. He never said anything about Desean shouldn’t show up. This is a classic example of the media stirring the pot. I’m an Eagles fan but poor T.O. lol, I actually thought it was a very good interview and I like everything I heard from him. He sounded genuine for once. Now people think T.O. is just being T.O. due to a misleading story. Listen to the whole interview before you pass judgement and stop believing everything you read from the media who’s job is to have all you people come on here and rant and rave and cause a stir. I love ProFootballTalk but they got this one wrong…

76. rajbais says: Sep 6, 2011 10:27 PM

All the people opposing T.O. are a bunch of idiots!!!

Nope, I am not kidding!!!!

They all need to man up because if Vincent Jackson, Keenan McCardell, and Logan Mankins told DeSean Jackson the same thing T.O. did, there would be NO overly sensitive reaction!!!! NOT ONE BIT … PERIOD!!! Those three got new contracts after sitting out even though Owens gets NO credit for NOT sitting out, but ballin’ in Philly!!!!

77. zeussuperman says: Sep 6, 2011 10:29 PM

strahan92 says: Sep 6, 2011 8:28 PM

—————————-

While you were writing this, three more Giants tore their ACLs.

Good luck with that 2011 season!

78. zonepro764 says: Sep 6, 2011 10:32 PM

To I forgot is a master of contract talks…oh wait his ass is unemployed because no team wants his bitch ass. He needs to shut his damn mouth for the first time in his life.

79. tampajoey says: Sep 6, 2011 10:39 PM

I like T.O., but sometimes he just needs to keep his mouth shut. He’s like the NFL’s Jesse Jackson, gotta be up in everyone’s business without even being invited.

Shut up Terrell… but I love you just the same… even though you got a big mouth.

80. clayton43 says: Sep 6, 2011 10:47 PM

This is whats wrong with the NFL and why it sucks… As T.O stated.. he shouldnt play because if he gets hurt then he wont get the kind of money he would have if he hadnt gotten hurt ???? So the TEAM and ownership should pay him before he gets hurt and so that way they are out of millions of dollars of guaranteed money for a guy who get hurt and cant play ?? It makes no sense.. … YOur given a contract and you sign it.. If your value is more than what you are currently making in your final year then you will be rewarded when your contract is over and a free agent. Until then.. shut the F*** up and stop crying. Maybe your college education should have meant something to you when you were getting a free ride. Why should ownership be on the hook for millions of guarantted money if a player cant play ? Doesnt make sense .

81. joe6606 says: Sep 6, 2011 10:50 PM

Meh.

TO hate in Philly is WAY overblown.

Most Eagles fans would LOVE to have him back, esp in light of their red zone weakness.

To those wondering why we’re hearing from him, there’s a contest on 97.5 to win Eagles season tix to whoever gets the most famous celeb to call into Mike Miss’s show. He called, as well as Shaq

82. freedomispopular says: Sep 6, 2011 10:56 PM

The Steelers have “zero tolerance” for holdouts.

83. birdgang says: Sep 6, 2011 11:05 PM

Another thing that was not reported was why T.O. was even giving an interview to a radio Philly radio station. There is a contest The Fanatic is running which you can win Eagles season tickets buy having a famous person or celebrity on some list they have call into the show. I don’t know exactly what the rules are but that’s irrelevant right now. T.O. took time out of his day to try and help an Eagles fan who had contacted him, win those tickets. But no, all that is lost here. He called into help an Eagles fan not cause another controversy.

84. fatfreddystubbs says: Sep 6, 2011 11:27 PM

Wow, what a classic exchange up above: Some nitwit says the Eagles wouldn’t have made the Super Bowl without TO, three different people point out that TO didn’t play in the playoffs, so, yes, they made it without him. Then, the same rocket scientist says “oh yeah, well they wouldn’t have even made the playoffs that year without TO”, despite the fact that in the three years before TO got there, they made the playoffs every year, won the NFC East the previous two years, and made the NFC Championship game the previous two years, yet they wouldn’t even have made the playoffs without TO.

I swear, as an Eagles fan, I’d like to think that some of these so-called “Eagles fans” on here are actually Cowboys or Giants fans trying to make Eagles fans look dumb, but i doubt it.

85. tatum064 says: Sep 6, 2011 11:45 PM

DeSean said “who is T.O.”

86. tatum064 says: Sep 6, 2011 11:46 PM

freedomispopular says:
    Sep 6, 2011 10:56 PM
    The Steelers have “zero tolerance” for holdouts.
    ========================
    they developed “high tolerance” to Aaron Rodgers, though.

87. wizahdry says: Sep 6, 2011 11:58 PM

I am so tired of people criticizing athletes for trying to make as much money as possible while they can. Comments like how will he feed his family. So because Desean doesn’t need to go on welfare he should just be happy to get paid crumbs from the cake that the eagles are enjoying that he helped make.

If someone is using me to make millions and I’m not destitute I should be satisfied even though I’m getting ripped off. same people talking that crap are ready to kill if someone shortchanges them by a dollar. Desean shouldn’t worry what people think. I have no prob if he decides to hold out. Eagles have made a killing off of him as cheap labor for 3 years now!

88. descendency says: Sep 7, 2011 12:16 AM

I think TO has him confused with Cromartie… who can’t feed all of his kids on 600k a year.

89. grimmlock42 says: Sep 7, 2011 12:25 AM

If DeSean Jackson takes another hit like the one he took against Atlanta, Drew Rosenhaus should come out the pocket and pay Jackson for not getting him a new deal. If the eagles can lockup Vick for 6 years, then they should do the same for Jackson. He’s that good and he’s got plenty of years in the NFL ahead of him.

90. KIR says: Sep 7, 2011 12:39 AM

@clayton43

If you get hurt on your job, would you expect to still get paid? And yes, he makes more than you because he does a job that only a handful of people in the world can do as well as him. Whereas I’m pretty sure there are hundreds of millions of people who can do your job. It’s called supply and demand. He’s getting paid what he’s worth and your getting paid what you’re worth, Capitalism.

91. fmwarner says: Sep 7, 2011 1:27 AM

joe6606 says: Sep 6, 2011 10:50 PM

Meh.

TO hate in Philly is WAY overblown.

=================================

I don’t. Keep that SOB away from my team. It’s not enough he has to ruin 2005 and fool some Eagles fans into thinking he’s telling the truth because he’s louder. Now he wants to poison the relationship between the team and Jackson? STFU, T.O.

92. phillybirds says: Sep 7, 2011 1:37 AM

terrell owens was great in philly. that felt like a dream team to me

93. Bearfan54 says: Sep 7, 2011 2:05 AM

DeSean- If you like the place where T.O. is in his career and would be happy to be in his shoes then listen to what he says. You will be in the same spot as he is, on the outside wishing you could be on the inside just like T.O. is now.

94. laeaglefan says: Sep 7, 2011 2:07 AM

What the hell is wrong with the Eagles? Pay the guy already!!! Are they waiting for him to get injured so they don’t have to give him a new contract?

95. dafranchize says: Sep 7, 2011 2:36 AM

What happens of the Rams beat the Eagles? I assume the media will go in crisis mode and start jumping out of their office windows?

Plus, why is T.O. still relevant?

96. halo81 says: Sep 7, 2011 3:29 AM

The “TO hate in Philly is WAY overblown”?

Um, no it isn’t. 75% of the fans would likely set fire to an Owens jersey if they saw it, regardless if someone was wearing it or not.

If the Eagles ever re-signed him I’d ignore my own team until he was gone.

As for getting advice on how to handle yourself professionally from Terrell Owens; that’s like getting advice on being a nice guy from Adolph Hitler.

Owens is the scum of the earth. I wish him nothing but the worst professionally.

97. eagleswin says: Sep 7, 2011 6:36 AM

lilrob10201 says:Sep 6, 2011 8:58 PM

——

eaglesblow says:Sep 6, 2011 9:47 PM

————-

The Eagles went 12-4 in 2002, lost in conf champ
    The Eagles went 12-4 in 2003, lost in conf champ

They did this with no name receivers. They brought in Owens in 2004 to get them over the hump and into the Superbowl.

To say that the Eagles needed Owens just to make the playoffs after winning their division the previous 2 years without a name receiver is revisionist history. The fact is those no name receivers helped the Eagles reach the superbowl after TO got injured in the regular season.

98. bobbyhoying says: Sep 7, 2011 7:15 AM

That’ll convince some team to bring in T.O. this season. Just what a locker room needs. Mr. Me Me Me and his mouthpiece “Next Question.”

99. cappa662 says: Sep 7, 2011 7:28 AM

600k is an awesome regular job salary. But as a top tier wr in the nfl… it blows.

100. laeaglefan says: Sep 7, 2011 8:13 AM

What do you mean, “no name” receivers? Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston would be insulted if they heard you call them that!

101. gpete1962 says: Sep 7, 2011 8:49 AM

I knew Jackson was Stupid but never knew he was that dumb

You don’t get brownie points in the NFL for doing the honorable thing.

Vick tells you to man up after he signs his 100 million dollar contract and you listen. WOW !!

I hope it doesn’t happen but, after you blow out your knee tell me how that works out for you ?

102. gpete1962 says: Sep 7, 2011 8:54 AM

I guess DeSean Doesn’t know who Leon Washington is

103. saturn1111 says: Sep 7, 2011 9:20 AM

Unless t.o. can play o-line or LB, we don’t want him back.

104. jmanorgc says: Sep 7, 2011 9:28 AM

I love how a low contract your more primed to injuries but it’s ok to get paid and then get injured. All contracts should be a base salary and everything else should be incentives PERIOD!

105. eaglesblow says: Sep 7, 2011 9:40 AM

===========

dont remember him wearing an eagle hat but i remember him wearing a Irvin throwback jersey after a game where the Cowboys stomped the eagles 33-10 when he was with them!

106. eaglesblow says: Sep 7, 2011 9:49 AM

The Eagles went 12-4 in 2002, lost in conf champ
    The Eagles went 12-4 in 2003, lost in conf champ

They did this with no name receivers.

==================

none of that helped them in 2004! James thrash was gone in 2005! so was duce staley! no other WR in the history of the eagles has caught 14 TD passes buddy! no name or not!

107. dmaziuk says: Sep 7, 2011 10:17 AM

Why would 7.5 The Fanatic with Mike Missanelli even invite that jackass on the show? Poor move on the stations part. keep that his poison as far away as possible.

108. dalrymple86 says: Sep 7, 2011 11:45 AM

D. Jackson does deserve more money, no question. but if you are going to give guys more money after they sign a contract when they perform beyond your expectations you should also be able to give less money to players who have under performed. the pendulum should swing both ways. i think we all can relate when i say some players get comfy after a big contract and barely produce. i almost forgot, TO you are a douche bag!!!!!

109. electstat says: Sep 7, 2011 12:59 PM

If he gets injured, I’m sure he can fall back on his education to get a well paying job.