A bunch of blackout news came out at the same time Thursday. Which is good, because it’s really not that interesting and now we can combine it all into one post.
1. Bucs-Lions are officially blacked out in Tampa. That’s no surprise; all of last season’s Bucs games were blacked out.
2. The Rams officially avoided a blackout on Thursday. It’s a little surprising they struggled to get to the finish line considering it’s the season opener against Michael Vick.
3. The Chargers opener against Minnesota will be aired in San Diego.
4. Dolphins-Patriots in Miami was officially declared a sellout. Again, it’s remarkable a Monday night opener against New England took so long to sell.
5. Cardinals-Panthers in Arizona was officially announced a sellout.
6. The Jaguars got a 24-hour extension to sell more tickets. 4,000 seats remain. Usually a team is prepared to find some way to buy up the tickets if they get an extension.