Plaxico criticizes Coughlin, Eli for lack of support

P. Burress T. Coughlin AP

There’s apparently something about Men’s Journal magazine that makes NFL players let their guards down.

Over the summer, Steelers linebacker James Harrison unloaded with both barrels on Roger Goodell and some of his own teammates.  Now Plaxico Burress is getting in on the fun in the same magazine.

In an interview conducted before he signed with the Jets, Burress was frank about his feelings concerning Giants coach Tom Coughlin, former teammate Eli Manning, and fans that enjoyed his downfall.

On Eli: “I was always his biggest supporter, even days he wasn’t on, ’cause I could sense he didn’t have thick skin. Then I went away, and I thought he would come see me, but nothing, not a letter, in two years. I don’t want to say it was a slap in the face, but I thought our relationship was better than that.”

Burress’ comments (via the Newark-Star-Ledger) on Coughlin were more pointed.  He said Coughlin’s not a positive coach and his style on the sideline wears on players. He also felt Coughlin didn’t treat him like a man.

“After my situation happened, I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was ‘sad and disappointing.’ ” Burress said. “I’m like, forget support — how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg.

It’s no surprise Burress didn’t re-join the Giants after hearing these quotes. It’s more surprising that he tried to repair his relationship with Coughlin, but that’s probably due to Burress’ close relationship with Giants ownership.

There’s not a lot we can add to the quotes. We appreciate Burress’ honesty even if he gets criticized for it.  Especially by the fans who were were happy he went to jail.

“What are you doing now?” Burress said to them. “You still mad at your job? You still angry about your life? ’Cause I’m back living my life and enjoying my family while you’re still doing the same thing.”

Permalink 116 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
116 Responses to “Plaxico criticizes Coughlin, Eli for lack of support”
  1. pfii63 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:21 AM

Yeah, because it’s their fault that he broke the law. Moron.

2. pbolyard says: Sep 9, 2011 10:21 AM

Really Plaxico? You shot yourself and you want support. Heres and idea when I was 12 I took the hunters safety coarse, maybe you should do the same you tool bag

3. orakpownd says: Sep 9, 2011 10:22 AM

Shut up Plex…your an absolute moron.

4. wawa33 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:22 AM

I love these guys who commit crimes, go to jail, and blame everyone else for their lack of support.
    Maybe Plax should start wearing his cap straight.

5. herlies says: Sep 9, 2011 10:22 AM

Umm actually, I’m living my life and enjoying my family. Thanks though?

6. PFTiswhatitis says: Sep 9, 2011 10:24 AM

In fact, he is lucky he didn’t kill anyone. I do not find anything wrong with what that Coughlin said or how he acted. Burress should act like an adult if he wants to be treated like one.
    Typical loser gansta.

7. abninf says: Sep 9, 2011 10:25 AM

If Burress wanted to be treated like a man maybe he should have acted like one. If he wanted to have the support of his teammates maybe he should have been a good one. I hear he racked up a team fine or two. His idiocy not only put a hole in his leg, it hurt his team. Did he ever ask himself why Eli didn’t write him letters?

8. bhindenemylines says: Sep 9, 2011 10:25 AM

Note to Mr. Plaxico Burress:

Most non-felons tend to gravitate away from felons.

Don’t like it? Shouldn’t have broken the law.

9. ilovefoolsball says: Sep 9, 2011 10:25 AM

dude, just shut up.

10. dayumyou says: Sep 9, 2011 10:27 AM

Is this guy for real…..seriously Plax…buy a vowel and get a clue!!!

He got railroaded because he did something REALLY stupid and then went way out of his way to try and cover it up….whatever little bit of sympathy I had for this idiot went right out the door.

Guess once a d-bag always a d-bag.

11. cdaws84 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:27 AM

Adults dont shoot themselves in the leg….act like one and youll get treated like one…until then…shut up already and go be a dad..not a gun toting clubber

12. bhindenemylines says: Sep 9, 2011 10:27 AM

“Burress said. “I’m like, forget support — how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg.”

Yeah, and how did it get there, smart guy???

13. marinephinfan says: Sep 9, 2011 10:28 AM

orakpownd says:

Sep 9, 2011 10:22 AM

Shut up Plex…your an absolute moron.

———————————————-

OH!!!! The irony…lol

14. dude317 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:29 AM

“we’re paid too much to be treated like kids”

Last time I checked the amount you’re paid has no correlation to the level of one’s maturity.

Glad he’s getting his life back on track, but stop with the finger pointing. It only shows what a kid you are.

15. apooster says: Sep 9, 2011 10:29 AM

Did Burress just pull a LeBron with that last line?

16. doe22us says: Sep 9, 2011 10:29 AM

what what this guy is a grade A do…., no wonder Coughlin and Eli said to hell with this cat.

17. jnbnet says: Sep 9, 2011 10:30 AM

==================================
    Nice! Way to go placebo. Love the way you blame others for your own supidity, then when you get back to the NFL, you tease others who have to actually work for a living. Class act.

18. jfluke65 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:30 AM

Bahahaha!! You gotta act like a man to be treated like one. And that doesn’t mean impregnating someone.

19. sohoirish says: Sep 9, 2011 10:30 AM

You want to like and root for some of these guys, but the more guys like Plax talk the harder it is to do. He’s taken so little responsibility in all of these interviews for his own actions that put him in jail. I want to cheer for the guy making a comeback and having a successful second chapter to his career, but then you hear this garbage. How long until he says his quotes were taken out of context?

20. jw731 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:30 AM

Damn……Let’s all feel sorry for the grown man who acts like a child.

21. waitingguilty says: Sep 9, 2011 10:31 AM

Hard to support Burress here in any way…but the part about Eli not even sending a note or visiting once just confirms to me what I’ve always know.

Eli is a chump.

22. nybeez80 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:31 AM

I’m glad to see how much Plaxico matured in prison. It’s everyone else’s fault but his own.

23. arzcardinals says: Sep 9, 2011 10:31 AM

I agree. We all make dumb decisions at one time or another in our lives. Just because we make a ignorant move does not mean we shouldn’t get support or friendship.
    Eli was a punk for not writing a single letter if Plax and him were close.
    Sure it was Plax fault for being dumb, but we don’t have to drop our friends completely because they acted foolish.
    Looks like a lot of you are quick to drop your friends and family….you must think you are real special.
    Hard times look easy till you actually walk through them yourself.

24. igotacousinweusetocallporky says: Sep 9, 2011 10:32 AM

It just goes to show that he signed with the team that fits his profile. Thanks plaxiglass for racheting up the hate, it makes the football season that much more enjoyable.

25. noodlecbs says: Sep 9, 2011 10:32 AM

All the money in the world can’t buy class.

26. capslockkey says: Sep 9, 2011 10:33 AM

“Grown men” don’t carry around firearms in the waistband of their sweatpants.

27. joughstef says: Sep 9, 2011 10:34 AM

28. KIR says: Sep 9, 2011 10:36 AM

@pfii63

Yeah, because it’s their fault that he broke the law. Moron.
    ____________________________
    Not excusing Plax he needed to grow up. BUT there’s something wrong when the law is so drastically different in other states. If the guy shots himself in any other state, he probably wouldn’t have done a day in jail.

29. ocho says: Sep 9, 2011 10:36 AM

1. There are kids that can handle a gun better than Plaxico, so he’s lucky that Coughlin treated him w/ that much respect. 2. I find it funny that more and more athletes are buying into, or openly expressing, this whole “you work a 9-5, you must hate your life” crap. Let’s not forget who pays your salaries gentlemen. With the exception of @Boysroll, I think everyone on this board is at least content w/ their life….

30. alldayap says: Sep 9, 2011 10:36 AM

“orakpownd says:
    Sep 9, 2011 10:22 AM
    Shut up Plex…your an absolute moron.”

Know the difference between your and you’re. Tool.

31. citizenstrange says: Sep 9, 2011 10:37 AM

I would like to know which teammates DID visit Plaxico in jail. Where there many?

If he were my teammate I would have visited him. Seriously.

32. litemater95 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:37 AM

Paid too much to be treated like kids? How about paid too much to Act like a kid Plax?

33. dickroy says: Sep 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Boo who..I shot myself breaking the law and know one will support me…whaa whaa.

34. scudbot says: Sep 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Plax creates locker room issues and anybody on earth is surprised?

35. tinkletinkleonyourstar says: Sep 9, 2011 10:38 AM

Giants fan saying shame on you Eli.
    Seriously, to totally write off a guy who you had at least some sort of a relationship with and who made you look good many, many, times for a mistake??
    Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

As for Coughlin, he’s not being paid to coddle players but to demand they bring their best every Sunday.

36. nyjalleffingday says: Sep 9, 2011 10:39 AM

Plax also spoke out against gun violence recently, but I suppose this article gets more hits.

37. jackfnburton says: Sep 9, 2011 10:42 AM

This from the guy who said just a few weeks ago that he’d moved on?

Plax, if you want to be treated like a man, act like one. Men deal with their problems face to face, not in the press. Pick up the phone and call those guys if you have an issue. Otherwise, shut up and play.

38. citizenstrange says: Sep 9, 2011 10:42 AM

s/b were … sorry

39. hooks024 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:43 AM

Moron. Doesn’t want to be be talked to like a child, but can’t show up on time for a meeting or pick up a phone which is in his pocket if he’s not going to show up for work. Sounds like irresponsible, or perhaps goldfish behavior to me. You want to be talked to like an adult? Try acting like it. Behavior dictates how people treat you, not how many numbers are to the left of the decimal on your paycheck, you idiot. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Go giants.

40. yajas says: Sep 9, 2011 10:45 AM

He needs to realize he brought on the entire situation himself. He should now keep his mouth shut and be grateful he has another chance.

And I have coworkers that I have a good working relationship with too, but I don’t think I would visit them in jail should they decide to shoot themselves in the leg.

41. riverhorsey says: Sep 9, 2011 10:48 AM

——————————————————
    Who’s got the thin skin?

——————————————————
    ——————————————————
    Awww poor boy

——————————————————
    Man, we’re paid too much to be treated like kids.
    ————————————————–
    Man, you’re paid too much to act like a kid.

42. cjepp says: Sep 9, 2011 10:49 AM

So many haters..I actually agree with everything Plax said. I would be upset too if my friends just dropped me when I needed them the most. We all make dumb mistakes, y’all need to quit acting like Plax is the only one.

43. rexismybff says: Sep 9, 2011 10:51 AM

You’ve got kids of your own? Then why are you out at the club with your boys and a gun? Go home and be a dad!

44. wikidpissah says: Sep 9, 2011 10:51 AM

_________________________________

He took an illegal hand gun and shot himself by accident. Coughlin was right, the result could have been much worse.

This quote says all you need to know about this guy. He believes you define a man by A, how much money he makes, B, his age, and C, whether he’s made a woman pregnant. I wonder how those kids of his own were while he was in prison?

He let his family and his team down and he’s mad that the coach and QB didn’t support HIM?

45. ronnielawrence says: Sep 9, 2011 10:52 AM

Let’s review; Plax goes out on a Friday evening when he has a wife and child at home; he brings an illegal gun, and worst of all, he doesn’t put the safety on. Finally he let’s his entire team down who were on a SB run and it’s all Coughlin’s fault? What a dope… he won’t make it throught the season and he will be soon forgotten. As a Giant’s fan, I think its time we start standing up for our coach … the guy is a hardworking solid NFL coach who has won on every level. Plax meanwhile is a punk!

46. jpb12 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:53 AM

NOW he’s …

‘Playing Like A Jet!!!”

47. justcruzin99 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:56 AM

Guyz like Placebo will nvr chg. Want all the Bling but never grow up. Someone needs to put a bullet where it really belongs. In his hd.

48. tenteamparlay00799 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:56 AM

Sorry Plaxico.You have NO brain so you should feel NO pain.

49. jw731 says: Sep 9, 2011 10:57 AM

“We all make dumb mistakes”
    ——————————————
    Plax’s parents can admit to that…

50. Patskrieg dot com says: Sep 9, 2011 10:59 AM

Can I point out that prior to getting shot by a pair of sweatpants, and being supposedly abandoned by his team Plax was throwing a public temper tantrum about his contract while he was 3 years deep into a 6 year $25 million deal?

51. tunescribe says: Sep 9, 2011 11:03 AM

How is it being a “hater” to point out the multiple ironies in this guy’s words and behavior? There are “dumb mistakes” and there is willful ignorance compounded by narcissism. Burress is a trainwreck, and now is with a team where he can blend in with folks of similar character.

52. yem123 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:03 AM

The Giants were on a crash course destroying the NFC and were likely to make it to a 2nd Superbowl… then their best offensive weapon shoots himself with an illegal gun……if you were his teammate, you wouldn’t be pissed? Eli and Tom could have another ring each if Plax wasn’t such an idiot. That year the Giants offense just could not recover and they got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by Philly, who Plax always used to dominate.

53. Grulks says: Sep 9, 2011 11:05 AM

“Man, we’re paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn’t realize that we’re grown men and actually have kids of our own.”

Perhaps when you start acting like a grown man you will be treated like one. You know, doing things that grown ups do: show up to work on time, respect authority figures (including your boss), and most importantly, obey the law.

I know that’s a big list, so I’ll leave off small things like: taking responsibility for your actions, actually having a concealed weapons permit, NOT carrying a loaded weapon in the waistband of your sweatpants (without a holster).

Plex, we get that you felt abandoned when you went to the big house. I imagine that is a sucky feeling. But did it ever occur to you that you got abandoned bc people though “geez, this guy is a MORON, he is lucky he didn’t kill himself, or someone else. In the wake of Darrent Williams’ murder, maybe I shouldnt’ hang around with dummies” ???

54. gpete1962 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:06 AM

I agree with almost everybody who responded negatively to Plax’s statement but Eli should have either wrote or visited him while he was in prison.

Not only would it have been right thing to do, it would have been the smart thing to do as well.

You honestly have to agree Plax was the best receiver the Giants ever had.

He and Nicks would have been unstoppable !!!

55. asublimeday says: Sep 9, 2011 11:07 AM

Ah, plex. Such a charmer.

56. demonspank says: Sep 9, 2011 11:10 AM

I heard that Asante Samuel intercepted Eli’s letter.

57. melikefootball says: Sep 9, 2011 11:12 AM

Men- like Plaxico never get it, always running there big lips, saying nothing. When football is done with him lets see how he fares with how is life is and his job. Maybe he can sell hats if he can put one on straifgt then. Pitiful!

58. laeaglefan says: Sep 9, 2011 11:13 AM

Yeah, Plax….you just got shot in the leg. Hmm…I wonder who caused that to happen.

59. bchampeau says: Sep 9, 2011 11:17 AM

How about the way you supported your team by going to jail for two years? Way to leave them hanging.

60. isphet71 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:17 AM

That’s just Plex going Michigan State on us.

61. somesome says: Sep 9, 2011 11:18 AM

So you illegaly carry a firearm, illegally discharge it, go to jail and are disappointed that your old friends are not whiping your mouth after you dribbled a little bit ….. ???

62. jacunn2000 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:20 AM

Other than the random idiot that shows sympathy and support for this idiot, the rest of you have said it all. Thanks!!

63. deadmanwalking47 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:21 AM

plax,don’t blame anybody but the man in the mirror
    for all your problems man! nobody but you was dumb enough to shoot yourself in a new york city bar!

64. capesquad says: Sep 9, 2011 11:26 AM

Note to self… cancel that interview with Men’s Journal! Rex R.

65. bigbwoy000 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:30 AM

I am just fine Plaxico & I didn’t spend 2 years in jail for STUPIDITY.

The modern athletes take on their own stupidity is really amazing. He’s always shown a complete disregard for rules & that exact attitude is why he ended up where he did.

Why can Plax be “disappointed” in his PERCEPTION as to how he was treated but guys like Coughlin & Eli have no right to be “disappointed” in Plaxico’s ACTIONS?

66. promickey says: Sep 9, 2011 11:30 AM

Why can’t the Jets just shut up and play football?
    In my opinion they are not as strong as they were offensively last year. The Jets have lost young receivers in their prime. Edwards, Smith and Cotchery. They now have a 34 year old receiver who spent the last 2 years protecting himself in prison. They may not even make the playoffs.

67. halfie6 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:33 AM

joughstef says:
    Sep 9, 2011 10:34 AM

———————————-

Yes, that would be ideal. I’d like to think that if I did something similar to Plax, my friends would support me…..however, if they chose not to, you can bet your ass I would *NEVER* call them out publically for it.

Plax made the mistake. Plax harmed the team. Forgiveness is given, not demanded.

68. trigghollis says: Sep 9, 2011 11:40 AM

I’m a huge plax supporter but when you here dumb statements like this it makes you just remember all the harm he did when he pulled a cheddar bob and popped his self Big Blue were on another roll he was very important to that team then let everyone down and then you wonder why nobody wanted you back next time I hope you shoot rex by accident on purpose!!!!

69. jcjets says: Sep 9, 2011 11:42 AM

I’m pretty sure Justin Tuck didn’t visit him in Jail, either..

70. Land Snark says: Sep 9, 2011 11:42 AM

@KIR

There is absolutely nothing wrong at all with the law. New York City is unlike any other place in the United States. It’s within the rights of a city that has 8 million inhabitants to curb the use of weapons to cut down on violence.

As the old saying goes, “don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.”

71. Land Snark says: Sep 9, 2011 11:43 AM

Good old Cheddar Plax.

It’s so difficult to figure out why the Steelers let him go to begin with much less why they didn’t sign him again.

72. nflofficeadmin says: Sep 9, 2011 11:50 AM

Eli is a thin skinned. But what do you expect, he was coddled since birth and only had to walk down a path that was already trailblazed by his daddy and big brother. Too scared to walk in prison, I understand given the context, but it’s really dispicable that he couldn’t be bothered to write a letter.

Plax you shouldn’t have broken the law, you were wrong. But you paid your debt.

73. cardmagnet says: Sep 9, 2011 11:52 AM

Boo hoo, you friggin moron.

74. robertopicadillo says: Sep 9, 2011 11:52 AM

what coughlin shouldve said was ” plaxico how dumb are you to shoot yourself in the leg?? man your an idiot. you are now in an elite class with chedda bob from 8 mile.”

75. nfl fan says: Sep 9, 2011 11:57 AM

demonspank says:
    Sep 9, 2011 11:10 AM
    I heard that Asante Samuel intercepted Eli’s letter.

——————————————-
    Sorry, after further review, Asante let that slip through his fingers just like the one in SuperBowl 42.

76. wutliss07 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:00 PM

in a few months this idiot will be back in Rikers looking for support from the same fans he just threw under the bus..

77. typicaleaglesfan says: Sep 9, 2011 12:04 PM

Sounds like a bunch of bitter giants fans on here. The guy commented on how much of a delta bravo Eli is and a tool tom is. He isn’t wrong. If one of my friends got themselves in trouble I’d visit them

78. pftequalsgreatjournalism says: Sep 9, 2011 12:18 PM

KIR says:Sep 9, 2011 10:36 AM

——————————

You might want to learn something about states rights and the difference between Federal, state and local law there genius…

Maybe in Hillbilly Heaven it is okay to discharge and unlicensed firearm in a public place but in NYC – not so much…

When a person carries a weapon then he or she has a responsiblity to know the f’ing law – got it maroon?

Possibly the funniest thing about this whole episode is the fact that he is married to a lawyer!

79. robertjamis says: Sep 9, 2011 12:19 PM

It’s amazing how hard it is to get a little moral support for a grown man who got drunk,brought an unsecured firearm into a public place, shot himself in the leg, and then nearly criminally implicated his teammates in efforts to hide said firearm, all while his family was at home without their dad.

I can’t think of a worse offseason than one in which the Jets decided between bringing back Braylon Edwards or signing Plax, and then let Jerricho Cotchery, one of the classiest, toughest players in the league, walk.

80. dannymac17 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:20 PM

to be fair, coughlin and manning are tools as well.

81. ronlm says: Sep 9, 2011 12:22 PM

““And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, ‘I’m glad you didn’t kill anybody!’ Man, we’re paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn’t realize that we’re grown men and actually have kids of our own.””

You act like a child, expect to be treated like one. You spoiled brat.

82. chargerdillon says: Sep 9, 2011 12:36 PM

Hard to stand up for a guy who literally shoots himself in the foot

83. tdk24 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:38 PM

I was right afterall. There was no way he was going back to the giants.

84. djvicdogg says: Sep 9, 2011 12:46 PM

An adult would’ve at least put the safety on…

85. claydefayette says: Sep 9, 2011 12:46 PM

If only the bullet could have found its way three feet north.

86. coachliquoredup says: Sep 9, 2011 12:47 PM

Yeah right Plexiglass. It’s a shame they don’t support your stupidity. Or don’t support convicted felons in general.

87. canemh says: Sep 9, 2011 12:52 PM

does anyone really believe that eli and plax hungout and were friends. they were teammates not friends. how many teammates did plax have that wrote to him or saw him–i think brandon jacobs and tisch were the only ones who saw him. why would eli want to go visit your convict ass in jail??

88. nyfan63 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:59 PM

What EVERYONE seems to be forgetting is that the Giants signed Burress when no one else was interested in him and after the Super Bowl they signed him to an extension – giving him the money he wanted. As soon as Burress got his pay-day he started showing up late and screaming at the coaches on the sideline (anyone remember him telling Coughlin during a game “I play when I WANT to play!!”). Bottom line- he punked out on the orginization that took care of him. Coughlin had ZERO interest in bringing him back ,as for Eli not visiting him, The Mannings are about football – period. If your there helping the team, great. If not, they are not interested. Whether thats good or bad is open for debate, but it’s how they are.

89. m2karateman says: Sep 9, 2011 12:59 PM

sounds like the ramblings of yet another idiot athlete whose sense of self worth is well beyond the scope of what is real. Just because you claim you “supported” Eli means he felt the same about you Plax.

And as much as I dislike Tom Coughlin, he was right. You ARE lucky you didn’t kill someone.

“Treat me like a man”. Act like one and accept some responsibility for your stupid actions.

90. NoHomeTeam says: Sep 9, 2011 1:02 PM

joughstef says: No one’s arguing that what Plax did was stupid, but you guys don’t think his friends and coach should support him?

To what end? This guy essentially betrayed his coach and his teammates with stupid, selfish behavior. He illegally 1) owned 2) carried 3) discharged a firearm in a city that is known for draconian gun laws. By failing to grasp the potential consequences of his actions, he created a situation which directly affected the people you are suggesting should support him.

91. TheWizard says: Sep 9, 2011 1:03 PM

The fact this guy has a need to lash out at fans tells me he hasn’t matured.

His saga will end….poorly.

92. greymares says: Sep 9, 2011 1:10 PM

If my friend or coworker did something stupid and went to jail. I think the right thing for me to do would be to visit or at least keep up communication lines. maybe Plax is too good for those guys.

93. claydefayette says: Sep 9, 2011 1:13 PM

So Plaxico still would have signed with the Giants after all this? Money talks.

94. jaworkaholic says: Sep 9, 2011 1:25 PM

All of you guys that are judging Eli for not visiting Plax, are making the assumption that they are friends. Teammate=Coworker
    Are you really claiming to like everyone you work with? GTFOH

95. mikgaes says: Sep 9, 2011 1:38 PM

Burress is an idiot.

96. johnstofa says: Sep 9, 2011 1:42 PM

typicaleaglesfan says:
    Sep 9, 2011 12:04 PM

_______________________________

That’s cause you’re from Philly and it’s expected your buddies will be in jail sometime. Probably for assault down at the stadium eh? ;)

97. carnboys says: Sep 9, 2011 1:58 PM

You break the law and you go to jail. That was your punishment. Then you are lucky enought to sign a NFL CONTACT.. ….

STOP YOUR WHINNING.

98. Cowboys-Forum says: Sep 9, 2011 2:09 PM

Heres an idea Plax, maybe your parents should have supported you better by whoopin your ass more when you were a kid.

99. Deb says: Sep 9, 2011 2:22 PM

Did the same writer that interviewed Harrison conduct the interview with Burress? If so, you have to give the guy credit for getting players to relax and say what’s on their minds.

100. KIR says: Sep 9, 2011 2:29 PM

@Land Snark says: Sep 9, 2011 11:42 AM

@KIR

________________________

Are you saying there’s something wrong with the laws in the other states????? smh

101. jerseyshoregiant says: Sep 9, 2011 2:32 PM

There is another quote from this article in the NY Post where Plaxico still cannot believe he was prosecuted for injuring himself with a gun he ‘owns’!!! It’s so funny its ridiculous.

102. rudster69 says: Sep 9, 2011 2:56 PM

He picked the best team for himself, the Jats have the most biggest mouths this side of the Mississippi, I’m a NE Pats fan and we are respectful, Welker said a few words and sat the FIRST set of downs in OUR BIGGEST GAME, I proud to be from NE and even prouder that we have a TEAM yes TEAM thats shows everyone respect!!!! Even when there getting spit on!

103. rudster69 says: Sep 9, 2011 2:57 PM

He picked the best team for himself, the Jets have the most biggest mouths this side of the Mississippi, I’m a NE Pats fan and we are respectful, Welker said a few words and sat the FIRST set of downs in OUR BIGGEST GAME, I proud to be from NE and even prouder that we have a TEAM yes TEAM thats shows everyone respect!!!! Even when there getting spit on!

104. Mr. Wright 212 says: Sep 9, 2011 3:04 PM

Eh, I lost the last bit of respect for him after the charade a couple months back anyway. Ruining our repeat championship in the 2008 season — I never did forget that. We were like the ’89 Niners or ’86 Giants that year.

But yeah, I remember I was eating Thanksgiving leftovers when I saw that story on the bottom line, I was furious. I would have shot him AGAIN if I had the chance, just for ruining our back to back “lucky” Super Bowls,

105. bahzeal says: Sep 9, 2011 3:04 PM

@KIR and other “the penalty is too severe” folks.

states rights vs. federal authority.
    look it up.

ps. plax ignored the legal advice of his wife, an attorney, and his real attorney by sticking his head in the sand and as a result suffered a stricter punishment.

106. thunderskins007 says: Sep 9, 2011 3:21 PM

plaxico is pretty stupid but people make mistakes. he served his punishment and is back in the league, great. it’s amazing who sticks with you when you get in trouble and who turns their back on you. anyone who knows what thats like finds out who your true friends are and the fake ones are. you adapt and overcome and make new friends. hope plax learned something and he plays well.

107. nagaswan says: Sep 9, 2011 3:23 PM

Wow, if you needed any proof that “Once a turd, Always a Turd,” Burress just served you up a fat slice of it.

108. granadafan says: Sep 9, 2011 4:14 PM

No, it’s not everyone else’ fault. Plaxico did this to himself and HE is the one who let his teammates and coaches down. They needed him and his selfish act hurt the team and their livelihood. It is not Eli’s fault he took a loaded gun into a club with a round in the chamber and the safety off. Keep the round in the clip and there will be no accidental discharge.

Plaxico just proves more and more what a complete moron he is, especially by throwing his former team under the bus.

109. dieselfan44 says: Sep 9, 2011 4:35 PM

pretty Eli like Id say…just b/c a guy makes a mistake you disown him so as to not cast a bad light on yourself….cowardly…

110. stillersmarco says: Sep 9, 2011 5:22 PM

Seriously!!?!??! What a jerk, loser, and complete low life. Any fans who root for him are morons! Hear that Jet fans? Morons!!

111. frankdatank23 says: Sep 9, 2011 6:22 PM

vick, burress,stallworth,talib are guys should have never been allowed back in the league, and will never learn their lesson. but, lets put more money in their pockets, and see how it goes this time around. we all know only an idiot employs morons.

112. savojah says: Sep 9, 2011 8:16 PM

The anti-Vick. You can tell that humility will not come for this guy. He hasn’t learned from his mistake. And unlike Vick, I’m rooting for him to fail hard, and maybe he’ll learn his lesson.

113. robcypher says: Sep 10, 2011 1:31 AM

You guys still mad at your job? Still angry about your life?

114. captaintriumph says: Sep 10, 2011 8:46 AM

At first I thought a 2-year sentence for shooting yourself was way too harsh. But when he opens his mouth and shows what a moron he is, it makes me think the 2-years was good for him.

115. thesageofthestreet says: Sep 10, 2011 11:11 AM

Play Like a Jet!!! You know what that means you have to have to be a reprobate or have a foot fetish ala Homes, Braylon, Plax…

Plax is an idiot who doesn’t get it. Yeah he is real happy. The cops have been called to house how many times for domestic disturbances? Disapears on his team and shuts off his cell phone. Gets out of prison and needs to give an interview rippin everyone in site…Yeah sound real happy to me…lol. The guy is hapless dope. He is another in a long line of signings by the Jets who are overrated and over the hill. they have been doing it for years thats why they haven’t won in 43 years!!!

116. nekelund says: Sep 10, 2011 2:05 PM