Saints, Packers take us “Back to Football” in a big way

Rosenthal and MDS have given their views on last night’s season-opening game between the Saints and the Packers.  I’ve got some opinions that you’ll hear (if you tune in) during PFT Live (12:00 p.m. ET right here) and/or NBC SportsTalk with Russ Thaler and Peter King (6:00 p.m. ET on VERSUS).

For now, if you didn’t see last night’s game, take a minute (literally) to enjoy some of the many highlights, courtesy of NBC and the NFL.

A year after a 14-9 snooze-a-rama between the Saints and Vikings to open the 2010 season, the Saints and Packers gave us a 76-point track meet that, in hindsight, could be viewed as one of the most exciting games of the year.

But, hey, the NFL still has 255 opportunities to outdo itself.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Videos
9 Responses to “Saints, Packers take us “Back to Football” in a big way”
  1. 4ever19 says: Sep 9, 2011 8:30 AM

After that hideously obscene display of a pregame show I am embarrassed to be a football fan. And Collinsworth and Michaels were even more irritating than usual. I turned off the game in the middle of the second quarter. I guess I am not ready for some football.

2. GG Eden says: Sep 9, 2011 9:13 AM

Good to have football back, but at the same time, I don’t enjoy these shootouts much. Too Arena/flag. I prefer games that are more an equal balance of tough defense and big and key offensive plays. I can’t and don’t speak for everyone, but I am sure there would be many out there who like watching more defensive football.

3. jw731 says: Sep 9, 2011 9:19 AM

These articles are beginning too sound more and more like a nascar driver after he wins a race…Plug after plug after plug…….

4. bendhur says: Sep 9, 2011 9:44 AM

and the beat goes on !

5. ss3walkman says: Sep 9, 2011 9:51 AM

Football is back!!

And what a way to begin!

6. billygoat says: Sep 9, 2011 10:30 AM

It’s easy to have high scoring games when the defenses players are to scared to tackle someone for fear of being fined to death.

7. Peter Venkman says: Sep 9, 2011 11:54 AM

GG Eden says:

***********************************************

I love seeing a good defensive battle too, but this was a matchup of the top two offenses, and 2 of the top 3 QBs in the game right now. Add to the fact that defenders were slipping when reacting to routes, and you’re going to see more points a lot of the time.

8. GG Eden says: Sep 9, 2011 11:54 AM

exactly, billygoat.

That’s what i was alluding to. I blame goodell, who rides the competition committee.

9. axespray says: Sep 9, 2011 12:42 PM

I love the variety of games in the NFL.
    when you’ve got top two offenses/qbs, then I expect to watch one heck of a fun shootout.

When I watch a Packers/Bears or Steelers/Ravens game, then I expect a battle for first downs a slug fest.

I enjoy both…
    kinda fun not being a wannabe former player soundalike.