Woodson on punch: Thomas was holding me, I lost my cool

Charles Woodson AP

Packers cornerback Charles Woodson was lucky not to be ejected after he punched Saints tight end David Thomas on Thursday night, and he said after the game that what had him so mad is that Thomas was holding him.

“I lost my cool,” he said. “The guy was blocking me and holding me and I’m trying to get off him. I just lost my cool. That’s all on me.”

Woodson, who picked up a 15-yard penalty, says he’s assuming he’ll be fined next week.

“I’m sure I will,” Woodson said. “There’s no getting around it. You all saw it. I’m sure all the people in the NFL who watch the tape, they’ll see it. There’s nothing I can do about it now. I can’t take it back.”

You could make a good case that Woodson should be suspended: If you’re supposed to be kicked out of a game for throwing a punch, and the officials mistakenly left you in the game, why shouldn’t you be barred from the next game? But Woodson can probably expect to get off with a fine of $25,000, as that’s what Andre Johnson, Cortland Finnegan and Richard Seymour all got for throwing punches last season.

Permalink 110 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
110 Responses to “Woodson on punch: Thomas was holding me, I lost my cool”
  1. chargerdillon says: Sep 9, 2011 12:51 PM

Cmon Charles, you’re not supposed to be physical in football!

2. canjura says: Sep 9, 2011 12:52 PM

From what I remember if you’re speaking of the Andre Johnson/Finnegan “fight”, Johnson did a whole lot of punching while Finnegan sat there taking em like a punching bag.

3. frankrizzo51 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:53 PM

What would “The Fabulous Sports Babe” say about this?

4. falconsfan says: Sep 9, 2011 12:54 PM

Suspend him for 1 game, there’s no good reason NOT to.

5. ebeg420 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:54 PM

God told him to punch him, didn’t he?

6. dclogicatlast says: Sep 9, 2011 12:56 PM

Come on Czar Goodell, be a man. Ban him! You won’t!

7. GG Eden says: Sep 9, 2011 12:57 PM

If Charles was still a Raider he would’ve been ejected.

8. golfballwackerguy says: Sep 9, 2011 12:57 PM

Sucks but what can you do?!?!? Its over now. Move on. And for all of you that think he got off because of a home team issue. Please look at what should have been the last play of the game. AJ Hawk NEVER made contact with the reciever till he touched the ball first.

9. halfie6 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:58 PM

Surely this is somehow the fault of Eli and Coughlin; Plax’ll back him up.

10. claymath52 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:59 PM

Get your head on straight Charlie Heisman! Punching is what punks like Finnegan do.

11. tjacks7 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:00 PM

Geez, a $25,000 fine for throwing a punch – something that doesn’t belong in football, however you get a $20,000 fine for making a bang-bang hit on a receiver when nobody on earth can tell if the receivers going to catch, tip, or whiff the ball. Doesn’t seem fair.

12. 4evrnyt says: Sep 9, 2011 1:00 PM

You gonna lose a whole lot more then you’re cool. I’m guessing around $25,000.

13. dannymac17 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:01 PM

suspend him. if this was any of the character figures they woulda issued a statement directly after the game distancing themselves from such actions then suspending that person.

dont fail me now goodell, youve done it to many times thus far.

14. bearsSTH says: Sep 9, 2011 1:01 PM

Suspend him for 2 games….so he misses the Bears game.

15. gregjennings85 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:01 PM

falconsfan: I BET you hope he gets suspended.

Unfortunately, it’s football, and this has happened many times before. Based on Andre Johnson’s punishment of a fine, I would have to assume Woodson will get the same.

It just looks crazy when you see a DB punching a TE. Usually, it’s 2 lineman going at it, and that draws chuckles.

16. ninjapleazee says: Sep 9, 2011 1:01 PM

stay classy

17. rundmc81 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:02 PM

Once a Raider always a Raider… He must feel that Autumn Wind!!!

18. transam7816 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:03 PM

Yea suspend him for 1 game. I’m sure the packers can do without him against the panthers

19. citizenstrange says: Sep 9, 2011 1:03 PM

As far as Goodell is concerned as long as his name’s not James Harrison he’s good to go.

There will be no fine, no suspsension, no big deal.

20. aequitas83 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:03 PM

I’m no Packers fan, but a one game suspension is not the same as an ejection. A player should not be punished more (miss more time, lose more money) because a referee made a mistake. Fine him and be done with it.

21. aaronitout says: Sep 9, 2011 1:05 PM

falconsfan says:Sep 9, 2011 12:54 PM

Suspend him for 1 game, there’s no good reason NOT to.

———————————————————-

Sour grapes?? There is no precedent to suspend him. The precedent that has been set is a fine. Everyone else has moved on from last season, you should too.

22. axespray says: Sep 9, 2011 1:07 PM

lol, he’s doing the “suh” defensive plea…

“That opposing player is dirty, so I punched him, the commissioner is making the league soft!”

But seriously, if the commissioner fines Woodson for that, yet let’s Suh get away with the same thing, then …idk

Dude should just fine any player for throwing punches during games.
    Can’t just pick and choose… if a thing is illegal, then it’s illegal.

23. kosarsmyidol says: Sep 9, 2011 1:07 PM

Unless Woodson has had other altercations or violations of the conduct policy, there’s no reason why he should be suspended for a game. The refs failed to eject him, so that ship has sailed.

24. bensstinkyfingers says: Sep 9, 2011 1:08 PM

Who wouldn’t punch a dude for unwanted agressive touching? The Nfl is slowly turning in to the lingerie football league. I hope they don’t make Haynesworth wear a sequin thong.

25. tampajoey says: Sep 9, 2011 1:08 PM

I sure hope PFT get this thumbs up/down thing figured out soon!

Thumbs Up to Always show vote totals
    Thumbs Down to show vote totals only after voting

26. rpiotr01 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:11 PM

Packer haters want him suspended, but there’s no good precedent for it. He’ll get a hefty fine but that should be about it.

27. gacmak says: Sep 9, 2011 1:12 PM

Obviously wha

28. breeshasasprole says: Sep 9, 2011 1:13 PM

we lost but…… Reggie Who?????

29. scooby1974 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:13 PM

@ebeg420 God told me to tell you that you’re an idiot. ;)

30. footballnut2011 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:13 PM

Suspend this punk for 3 games.

31. waggs12 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:14 PM

You stay classy, Green Bay!

32. FinFan68 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:15 PM

he should have been ejected. The ref should be fined. He obviously saw the violation and threw the flag. There was no reason to ignore a black/white requirement for throwing punches.

33. zzr600guy says: Sep 9, 2011 1:16 PM

Why should he be suspended just because the refs didn’t eject him? If Andre and those other guys didn’t get suspended why should Chuck? He’ll pay his fine and move on

34. jaystus says: Sep 9, 2011 1:16 PM

No comparing his punch to Andres Texas sized punches.

35. obxastronaut says: Sep 9, 2011 1:17 PM

It’s obvious he regrets the punch. Time to move on… No more punches, and youre fine in my book Charles…

36. gacmak says: Sep 9, 2011 1:19 PM

woops… anyways, obviously what he did was not okay, but part of the ejection for throwing a punch has to do with the referee’s ability to control the discourse of a game. It isn’t strictly a personal conduct issue. Refs throw out people to keep tensions from reaching a tipping point. it would be absurd to retrospectively ban Woodson from playing.

37. S says: Sep 9, 2011 1:20 PM

@chargerdillon:

Punching players has never been an acceptable part of the game. Saying that football is physical is no excuse.

Albert Haynesworth stomping on a guy’s face with his cleat is “physical” – should that be an acceptable part of the game?

38. greenbaypackerbacker says: Sep 9, 2011 1:20 PM

All u packer haters crack me up; he shouldn’t be suspended at worst suspend him for the amount of time he spent in the game from the infraction forward.

Either way they are going to dominate they took out Williams due to injury and still were just fine. Heck if they don’t blow 2 block in the back calls, 2 holding calls, and a stupid incorrect interference call against A.J. hawk that game is a big upset.

Glad those Player workouts really gave the Saints the advantage.

Go follow your crappy teams already and quit being sour over the packers being dominant.

39. jessieboom says: Sep 9, 2011 1:21 PM

Thats cool he’s not denying it though. LeRon McClain could learn a lot from him.

40. mkepackfan says: Sep 9, 2011 1:22 PM

Smith, actually throwing a punch is not a mandatory ejection…look it up in the rule books.

And no, I’m not saying it because 21 is on my team…it is in the actual rule book.

41. raiderfansteve says: Sep 9, 2011 1:23 PM

I’m with GG Eden, if he was still a Raider they wouldn’t have made this “mistake” by not throwing him out. They would have thrown him out IMMEDIATELY.

42. mkepackfan says: Sep 9, 2011 1:25 PM

Rule says “a punch MAY result in an ejection if deemed flagrant and “as long as the entire action is observed” by official” per Kevin Siefert of the ESPN NFC North blog. So yeah, guess there are a few people at the four letter that can read and research on their own.

43. essfjay says: Sep 9, 2011 1:27 PM

im glad he manned up & didn’t make up some bogus excuse. he’s a future HoFer & is better than that.

44. peachesenregalia80 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:29 PM

go ‘head and suspend him for a game. The packers play cam newton next week they dont need woodson or williams anyway.

45. greenbay4ever says: Sep 9, 2011 1:33 PM

dclogicatlast…

Your a complete idiot. Suspended for a year. If you haven’t noticed football is physical and since it sounds like you never played you can some times get a little heated. Bad move on his part but a fine is appropriate.

I mean really. Your pimp has slapped you many times and should he go to jail for year. I think not. You deserved it but you know this already.

46. scomibord says: Sep 9, 2011 1:34 PM

claymath52 says: Sep 9, 2011 12:59 PM

I think you got it wrong there pal!
    Finnegan just laid there and got whuppedlike favre in the nfcc game against the saints

47. buckybadger says: Sep 9, 2011 1:34 PM

Happens to best of us. At least he admits he lost his cool and didn’t hide behind any excuse. Every man makes mistakes, how you handle them is what defines you IMO.

And no he shouldn’t be suspended. If he was ejected I wouldn’t have had a problem with it and I don’t think Charles would have either once he cooled down. No reason for a suspension, it wasn’t a damaging blow or a low one.

48. scoops1 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:37 PM

He will still be in the H.O.F

49. pftequalsgreatjournalism says: Sep 9, 2011 1:37 PM

frankrizzo51 says:Sep 9, 2011 12:53 PM

What would “The Fabulous Sports Babe” say about this?

————————————-

That slag was neither fabulous or a babe…

50. mikemccarthyisfat says: Sep 9, 2011 1:38 PM

They dont call him cheat woodson for nothing

51. shaggytoodle says: Sep 9, 2011 1:42 PM

I wonder if there is any chance that the Green Bay will have him “benched” for the first quarter or half, so Goodell doesnt step in and make it a whole game.

52. tommytd says: Sep 9, 2011 1:45 PM

You put a 2nd year ref into a game like this, you get what you get. No question he should have been tossed. Would it have affected the outcome of the game? Who knows. That’s the problem with NFL refs…there’s no consistency from game to game or week to week.

53. paulbrownsrevenge says: Sep 9, 2011 1:49 PM

At least he didn’t stomp on a guys head with no helmet on, or knee a guy in the jibs like Tyler Brayton.

54. badfish6907 says: Sep 9, 2011 1:50 PM

mkepackfan says: Sep 9, 2011 1:22 PM

————————————————————
    Yeah I was wondering where this mandatory ejection stuff was coming from. Was it maybe instituted this year? I can recall instance over the last couple of years where players weren’t thrown out for swinging on a guy even though they were penalized for it. Not saying it is acceptable behavior, but I always thought it was at the discretion of the refs as to whether or not it was a bad enough offense to warrant an ejection.

55. cdsaints says: Sep 9, 2011 1:53 PM

Woodson punches like a girl. David Thomas didn’ t even flinch.

56. kayotiicdat says: Sep 9, 2011 1:53 PM

He should’ve been ejected, if it was any other team he would have.. Ridiculous to think he was penalized for doing so and didn’t get ejected. Fine him and suspend him. Lost respect for the guy

57. stillerborn says: Sep 9, 2011 1:55 PM

Send him to Bungles….uhhh, me have six rings (one for each finger) and you don’t!!!!

Go Steelers!!!

58. p31squared says: Sep 9, 2011 2:02 PM

Tiki was flabbergasted Woodson didn’t get ejec…eh.

59. psychoraider904 says: Sep 9, 2011 2:08 PM

It’s football. This is a man’s sport. Shiz happens. Fine the guy and lets move on.

60. ccous says: Sep 9, 2011 2:09 PM

yeah, just about everyone calls him that, you’re right. keep whining.

61. jooceman says: Sep 9, 2011 2:09 PM

I was surprised that Woodson did that. I was also surprised to see that he is not a defensive captain. I guess now we know why.

62. lbpackfan says: Sep 9, 2011 2:10 PM

Falconsfan –

48-21

63. leroy36 says: Sep 9, 2011 2:14 PM

footballnut2011 says:
    Sep 9, 2011 1:13 PM
    Suspend this punk for 3 games.

Denver fan?

64. jrmbadger says: Sep 9, 2011 2:15 PM

“mikemccarthyisfat says:
    Sep 9, 2011 1:38 PM
    They dont call him cheat woodson for nothing”

that’s funny because nobody calls him cheat woodson (except maybe you).

Oh and am I the only one tired of the phrase “stay classy?”

We all get it… you like Anchorman – you and 50 million others. I count at least 3 comments on here using a variation of that phrase. The movie was released in 2004. Time to move on and get a new line.

65. Deb says: Sep 9, 2011 2:17 PM

No, you cannot make a good case that Woodson should be suspended. That’s ridiculously over the top. And this fining stuff is for the birds.

It looked dirty because it was multiple punches delivered in a way to try and avoid detection by the refs. But I can empathize with Woodson. It’s not the first time we’ve seen players who’re being held, etc., lose their cool and throw a punch. The ejection rule exists because football is a violent, heated game and you have to have boundaries to maintain order. Thankfully the refs did flag the offense so the Saints benefited from the penalty during the game when it counted. Throwing a punch is an automatic ejection, but the ref failed to do his job. As with any other BAD CALL, the opportunity has passed. Fining the player now doesn’t serve any purpose.

The only person who should be disciplined at this point is the ref. It’s not the players who should be fined after the fact, but the officials who fail to enforce the rules on the field during the game.

66. nogoodell says: Sep 9, 2011 2:18 PM

who cares…. he punched a guy with pads and a helmet on

67. nevermore52 says: Sep 9, 2011 2:19 PM

He’ll catch a nice little fine, but honestly, I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. It DEFINITELY wasn’t Finnegan and Andre Johnson last year. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt; If I was Goodell. A player like that deserves a hall pass at least once in his career; Especially when it involves losing your cool ON THE FIELD.

68. bosscrod says: Sep 9, 2011 2:23 PM

This is the same guy who got away with clubbing Tom Brady in the head during the infamous “tuck rule” play in January 2002 and then whined about it for a bunch of years.

69. thejuddstir says: Sep 9, 2011 2:38 PM

The ironic part is that if every WR were to throw a punch at the master holder, Woodson, everytime he held them on a pass play, ole’ Charles wouldn’t last more than a couple of plays. Woodson throwing a punch at a guy that was holding HIM…..wow!

70. mikiec says: Sep 9, 2011 2:39 PM

If I punched someone at work, I would be:

(a) fired

and

(b) arrested

There’s no excuse for this kind of behavior.

71. falconsfan says: Sep 9, 2011 2:42 PM

I have no beef with the Packers, you can post all the scores you want. However, I have yet to read a valid reason why Woodson SHOULDN’T be suspended for a game. There may not be a precedent for a suspension but there’s a first time for everything.

Any player that strikes an opponent or their own teammate in a manner that could be considered an altercation should be kicked out of a game and suspended for the next game.

What you all may fail to realize is that the youth of America patterns their behavior after what they see on TV. There was a GA High School Football player who beat an opponent with his helmet just this week.

The act of punching is enough for the suspension, even if he did “cool down” after playing the rest of the game and winning. Winning cures all…no?

72. hatesycophants says: Sep 9, 2011 2:48 PM

@greanbaypackertool,

You let the Saints drop 34 on you. Your defense is suspect. When Rodgers goes down with another concussion, your team is finished.

Go Lions! Go Badgers!

73. packerbacker12 says: Sep 9, 2011 2:48 PM

“They dont call him cheat woodson for nothing”

I have never heard anyone call him that except for you, moron.

74. packerbacker12 says: Sep 9, 2011 2:50 PM

“He should be banned from the league for this. Unacceptable behavior from a guy who is supposed to be a leader. Inexcusable and he needs to take a year off.”

You should be banned from this site for your stupid comments.

75. Little Earthquake says: Sep 9, 2011 2:51 PM

He owned up to it. Chill out, stone-throwers.

And can we finally put to rest the “stay classy” cliche? Think of something new.

76. descendency says: Sep 9, 2011 2:59 PM

Woodson isn’t dirty or anything. It was just a moment of passion. If you don’t have one occasionally (and not occasionally like Suh or James Harrison), then you are spineless.

That said, a 1 game suspension is a must.

77. dfeltz says: Sep 9, 2011 3:04 PM

I like that not only did he throw a punch, but he landed it to the body of the TE, which it didn’t even phase him. I wish in certain instances like hockey, if a punk DB wants to throw down with someone, let them. That’ll end these DBs thinking they are packing something.

78. somekat says: Sep 9, 2011 3:05 PM

If you should be ejected, and aren’t, you should be supsended for a game, period. Pointing to bad behavior that didn’t draw a suspension in the past is idiotic (especially since this is supposed to be the new family friendly nfl).

I also find it hard to believe that him being a packer, in Green Bay, had nothing to do with it (I’m not talking just home team, I’m talking the Packers. One of the NFL’s sacrid franchises). If that would of been a Cowboy or Raider, he’d of been tossed without question.

79. stairwayto7 says: Sep 9, 2011 3:08 PM

If he was a Steeler, 4 game suspension, he is a Packer so nothing happens!

80. golfballwackerguy says: Sep 9, 2011 3:09 PM

NFL rules say a punch “may” result in ejection if deemed flagrant and “as long as the entire action is observed” by official.

81. golfballwackerguy says: Sep 9, 2011 3:11 PM

To many crybabys here.
    Your team lost and Woodson did not have ANY effect on the game. You would have still lost if he would have been ejected.

82. Steeler's Will says: Sep 9, 2011 3:24 PM

“I just lost my cool. That’s all on me.”
    ——————
    S’all good dawg.

83. jtylert says: Sep 9, 2011 3:25 PM

If he was on any other team, the referee wouldn’t have been not-looking and would have caught it! Green Bay’s home jerseys are blending into the turf too well and they have an unfair camouflage advantage! Ban the whole organization for cheating!! 5 years and no BCS Bowl games for the Packers!! Take away their SB Trophies!! Tear down the stadium!! Goodell would do that to any other team!! NFL is playing favorites!!

84. scudbot says: Sep 9, 2011 3:32 PM

falconsfan says: “Suspend him for 1 game, there’s no good reason NOT to.”

golfballwackerguy says: “NFL rules say a punch ‘may’ result in ejection if deemed flagrant and ‘as long as the entire action is observed’ by an official.”

Love all the SUSPEND HIM outrage coming from fans who want Suh to end a QB’s career after a play is over and think the only reason the Steelers didn’t go 19-0 last year was because they were being picked on and the only reason New England is successful is because Belichick taped something.

85. emmonsh says: Sep 9, 2011 3:36 PM

lets see, suh does it defendin a player and every1 here[at least the bears puussyys] say he should be kicked out of football. no big deal for woodson.

86. skel420 says: Sep 9, 2011 3:38 PM

Woodson should get the same fine/suspension as Suh did after preseason week 3.

87. scudbot says: Sep 9, 2011 3:38 PM

mikiec, whose job undoubtedly demands continuous physical combat, jumps on his moral high horse and says “If I punched someone at work, I would be:
    (a) fired and (b) arrested. There’s no excuse for this kind of behavior.” My guess is that you’re a desk bound schmoo or a hairdresser and that your team sucks.

88. halftermguv says: Sep 9, 2011 3:39 PM

Suspend the ref for looking the other way. The ref was 6 feet from the punch and chose to ignore it.

Secondly, if James Harrison had thrown the punch, Goodell would have called a press conference.

89. 11inthebox says: Sep 9, 2011 3:41 PM

@dclogicatlast who says:
    —————————————
    Dude. Really? Do you mean that or are you just trying to be the coolest poster around?

Come on, it’s football. It demands a certain mind set. And sometimes it means losing your cool. He didn’t wait around outside the lockeroom for the guy. He threw a punch in a violent game. Fine him. Then move on.

Am I the only one who understands that?

90. ccous says: Sep 9, 2011 3:43 PM

a lot of the the complaining on here is hilarious! just because he’s a packer blah blah blah… give it a rest and worry about your own team

91. pigskinswag says: Sep 9, 2011 3:57 PM

A very bush league move by Charles Woodson. The fact that David Thomas was holding him is no excuse. There were some holds by Green Bay, yet no players from New Orleans punched anyone. The officials blew it on that one and there will be no justice for it as long as Roger the Hypocrite is in charge.

92. somekat says: Sep 9, 2011 4:10 PM

Had to post this, because it is classic. He shouldn’t be ejected, even though, “it was multiple punches thrown in a was designed to avoide detection by the refs” (let’s just forget about how ridiculous a “designed” punch is). By your words, he threw multiple punches and tried to hide it, but he shouldn’t be ejected……why?

It is almost as classic as “fining a player now doesn’t serve any purpose”. Apparently, the new rules are “if you are caught immediatley, you are penalized, if not, or if the ref makes a mistake, you are scott free regardless”. I can’t think of some MLB players who would like that logic, can’t think of any other sane person that would

93. golfballwackerguy says: Sep 9, 2011 4:20 PM

Charled Woodson should have his fingernails peeled off and burned at the stake for this. He should be made to retire from football in shame. Then have each hair of his gotee pulled out 1 by 1.

If he where on your team you woudnt be saying a damn thing you morons!!!

94. presidentjesus says: Sep 9, 2011 4:22 PM

Suspension? Please.

95. mdd913 says: Sep 9, 2011 4:47 PM

He should be fined whatever and suspended for one half of football.

96. alaricsrevenge says: Sep 9, 2011 4:55 PM

Little Earthquake says:
    Sep 9, 2011 2:51 PM
    He owned up to it. Chill out, stone-throwers.

————————————————-

I don’t always punch players, but when I do, I prefer Saints… Stay thirsty my friends…

97. bodarville says: Sep 9, 2011 4:56 PM

The NFL doesn’t eject and/or suspend members of one of its most favored franchises. If Woodson were on the Lions…

98. mikemnz says: Sep 9, 2011 5:00 PM

15 Yards (and disqualification if flagrant)

Striking opponent with fist.
    Kicking or kneeing opponent.
    Striking opponent on head or neck with forearm, elbow, or hands whether or not the initial contact is made below the neck area.
    Roughing kicker.
    Roughing passer.
    Malicious unnecessary roughness.
    Unsportsmanlike conduct.
    Palpably unfair act. (Distance penalty determined by the Referee after consultation with other officials.)

15 Yards and Automatic Disqualification

Using a helmet (not worn) as a weapon.
    Striking or purposely shoving a game official.

99. ronniemexico says: Sep 9, 2011 5:02 PM

Typical Packer.

100. bordner says: Sep 9, 2011 5:15 PM

Wow. The ladies on this site are sure worked up over this one!

And I love how the Packers are now all of a sudden the NFL’s “favored franchise”.

Fine him – sure. Suspend him – are you kidding me? Some of you need to lay off the drama pills.

101. whoisthatteam says: Sep 9, 2011 5:29 PM

The ref needs suspended too. How do you miss that?

102. vikinganswer says: Sep 9, 2011 5:40 PM

He was showing you what the Pack do on most every play (more than the rest of the league that is).

103. vikinganswer says: Sep 9, 2011 5:42 PM

come on people, Sproles head didnt bend down to the ground for nothing. Hawk cllimbed his back to the ball. Only a real homer would call that a bad call. Great job by the officials on a tough game to call.

104. redbear18 says: Sep 9, 2011 6:04 PM

At least he’s acting maturely about it, being a man and owning up to it.

105. dawkattack says: Sep 9, 2011 7:01 PM

Excuses Excuses

106. goldsteel says: Sep 9, 2011 8:37 PM

The sanctimony on the this page is hip deep. So the ref blew the call? Was there a personal foul called? Was the other player hurt in such a matter that he couldn’t return to the field? Then forget it!! It’s a non issue like most of the articles at this site.

I’m waiting for the Steelers/Ravens game. Perhaps, we’ll have an opportunity to see Goodell’s duplicitous nature? The referees will have their hands on the flag before the hit is made. Won’t be the first time.

GO STEELERS!

107. bunda2417 says: Sep 9, 2011 8:59 PM

@mikiec If you threw a punch at work? do you tackle people at work and not get fired? That’s not related at all. Football is a physical sport. Pretty sure 99% of all football players tackle harder than Woodson punches. Thats punters and kickers im excluding. Punches are only fines. Not suspensions. Soon we will be playing NFL flag football.

108. mdd913 says: Sep 9, 2011 11:56 PM

Suspend him – are you kidding me?

—————————————————-

If throwing a punch means an automatic ejection, then if the referee fails to eject the player, he should serve an equal punishment in the next game.

It’s not being a drama queen, it’s the right thing to do.

109. CKL says: Sep 10, 2011 10:55 AM

I feel ya Woodson. As a Pats fan I wanted to punch out Thomas myself when he got that dumb penalty for losing HIS cool vs the Colts in 08. It helped them lose that game too. Argh!

110. footballrulz says: Sep 10, 2011 12:34 PM

stillerborn says:
    Sep 9, 2011 1:55 PM

Go Steelers!!!

—————————————————-

How many fingers you got on that hand?