The hits keep coming for the St. Louis Rams, unarguably the team that suffered the most injuries on Sunday.
Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo provided updates for the media Monday at his press conference which we watched online, so let’s roll through them one by one.
1. The worst news was on starting cornerback Ronald Bartell. He had two small fractures in his neck and could miss the season. Bartell will make $5.2 million this year; the team is rather thin at cornerback. Justin King will start.
2. Running back Steven Jackson has a strained quadriceps and is “likely out” for this week’s game on Monday night against the Giants.
3. The Rams won’t say yet whether wide receiver Danny Amendola will need surgery for his dislocated elbow. It sounds at least possible that he could return this season, but he’ll certainly be out this week.
Okay, now the good news:
4. It sounds like Sam Bradford will be able to play this week. He only has a “bruised” index finger. There’s no nerve damage.
5. Right tackle Jason Smith does not have a high ankle sprain, as originally reported. It’s unclear if he’ll play his week.
Yeah, that’s the good news.
Oh, and cornerback Bradley Fletcher is day-to-day. Defensive end C.J. Ah You has a wrist injury but he may play with a brace this week.
Are you ready for some football next Monday night?