The Week One power rankings are posted

808648 Getty Images

I had what I thought was a good plan.  Promptly upon conclusion of Monday’s NBC SportsTalk on VERSUS (6:00 p.m. ET), I’d grab my stuff and jump in the car and head to the train station, catching with a few minutes to spare the train that would drag my tired ass toward home.

I planned to watch the Monday Night Football game on my Slingbox-equipped Sprint phone, and also to cobble together the Week One power rankings.

But I’ve discovered a fairly significant design flaw in the PFT laptop.  In order to use it, the PFT laptop must actually be in the possession of the user.

As it turns out, I left the damn thing in the green room, and I was shaking like Rain Main during my eight hours without it.

But at least I remembered to bring my phone.

The point of this story is that the power rankings were slightly delayed.  They’re now ready for you perusal.  Peruse away.  But if you’re planning to check them out on your laptop, it’s fairly important to have your laptop with you.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
11 Responses to “The Week One power rankings are posted”
  1. jooceman says: Sep 13, 2011 10:42 AM

I usually don’t understand when haters comment about the quality of the articles on this site. I mean, if all you’re gonna do is complain, why do you come to this site and read the articles?

But was this seriously an article about how you forgot your laptop???

2. folkcrusader says: Sep 13, 2011 10:43 AM

Pittsburgh’s gets routed by last years #23 Offense. Their Offense looks even worse. And you have them at #11.

Yeah, this is objective. Grow a set next time.

3. mike83ri says: Sep 13, 2011 10:43 AM

You just turned “I forgot my laptop so power rankings are late” into 4 paragraphs.

Bravo.

4. virger says: Sep 13, 2011 10:55 AM

well, he also name dropped some sponsors…so not completely pointless, right?

5. sikoix says: Sep 13, 2011 11:05 AM

Vikings lose by a score to #3 and drop 3 spots. Chiefs beat the #32 and slide up 11 spots. I would be more confused if I actually thought the Chargers belonged in the top 10.

6. benh999 says: Sep 13, 2011 11:15 AM

jooceman says:
    Sep 13, 2011 10:42 AM

But was this seriously an article about how you forgot your laptop???

========================================

It beats articles about his colonoscopy.

7. ravenboy4lyfe says: Sep 13, 2011 11:36 AM

Baltimore is and should b #1 y not who else can just dominate or have dominated the rusty Steelers like we did nobody our offense and defense was outstanding

8. KIR says: Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM

Patriots will win the most games in the regular season. Then they’ll meet a playoff team with a good pass rush and put Brady on his assets and the Patriots loose. Sound familiar? :-)

Also, how many SB’s has “Bill the Genius” won since spygate? No, we are not going to let it go forget about it.

9. mctyboy35 says: Sep 13, 2011 12:26 PM

I didn’t see Rodger Goodells name on this list. Shouldn’t his name be here too. He seems to be beating a lot of teams these days. May even pick him to win the Superbowl…

10. habsman says: Sep 13, 2011 12:36 PM

@ KIR

Hey dude, you don’t need to let it go. It’s OK. You can keep up the copy and paste, no problem. As a matter of fact, why don’t you copy and paste the same message on every Pat’s post for the rest of the year? Thats a good challenge for you! I bet you can’t do it! Lol, this is going to be fun. I will be watching as well as other Pats fans and we will give a credit for every time you do it! Good Luck!

11. rabidmike says: Sep 13, 2011 2:10 PM

ok, the Cards were 5-11 last year, the Panthers were 2-14. We have 3 new starters in our secondary, our oline sucks, Haggans and Porter were good 5, ok 10 years ago, Beanie Wells hasn’t proven he can carry the load, Kolb is overrated, Heap is well past his prime…I get it, we stink. We gave up 422 to a rookie who “can’t throw” and we avoided overtime by 4.5 feet. But c’Mon we can’t move up from 17? Check out the stats, in 4 preseason games and week 1 this offense has averaged over 400 yards of offense. Kolb has yet to throw a pick since putting on Cardinal red and Beanie looks aggressive and strong. The defense held the Panthers to 2.7 yards per carry, WHAT? The Cards actually stopped the run? Crazy, I know. While I appreciate the sentiment that this team is ahead of the rest of the West, but I don’t see how we can’t move up with a win.