Arian Foster returns to practice Wednesday

A. Fosterhammy2 AP

Three weeks after Arian Foster aggravated his hamstring injury in a preseason game, the league’s leading rusher from a year ago returned to practice Wednesday.

It sounds like he’s fully on track to play this weekend against the Dolphins.

“He took a normal Wednesday load for a starter,” Kubiak said. “I guess the key probably is how does he come out of practice tomorrow, does he feel good. But everything was positive today at practice, so we’ll see.”

The Texans ran the ball well against the Colts, but the matchup looks much tougher this week against Miami. Derrick Ward is day-to-day after leaving last week’s game with an ankle injury.  Ben Tate figures to backup Foster, but Kubiak made it clear he won’t be too worried about Foster’s workload.

“If he can play, you play [him],” Kubiak said. “There won’t be being careful with him. You may say, ‘This is how many times he’s going to touch it,’ but you can’t do something half-speed out there. We’d have to see, but if he’s ready to go, he puts us at our best and he’ll be out there.”

Translation for fantasy leaguers and Texans fans: Giddy up.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Houston Texans, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
22 Responses to “Arian Foster returns to practice Wednesday”
  1. wkinsomnia says: Sep 14, 2011 6:10 PM

i personally wouldnt mind seeing Tate be the starter.

2. eaglesnoles05 says: Sep 14, 2011 6:11 PM

Actual Translation for fantasy owners and Texans fans: Pop! That hamstring isn’t ready yet. Not for an NFL top tier RB.

3. ilovefoolsball says: Sep 14, 2011 6:16 PM

I just picked up Tate and dropped Daniel Thomas, so if Foster isn’t 100% I’m covered. The problem comes if Foster is 100% and doesn’t make it through a game. Then I’ll be a sick individual.

4. gtorlone says: Sep 14, 2011 6:19 PM

Somewhat surprised T.O. hasn’t come out and told Arian not to play before he gets a pay day.

5. Foresight2011 says: Sep 14, 2011 6:22 PM

I would sit him out another week just to be safe, or play him in limited action at the most. There has been to many injuries already this season and preseason, when guys thought they were healthy and ready to go, only for them to reinjuried themselves with season ending injuries. Rushing him back in full throttle just seems like a huge mistake in the making.

6. rjpie says: Sep 14, 2011 6:26 PM

I dont thin you lose a whole lot by playing

7. eaglesnoles05 says: Sep 14, 2011 6:26 PM

Thumbs down all you want, just watch…

8. rjpie says: Sep 14, 2011 6:27 PM

I dont think you lose a lot by playing Tate insted. In fact Tate might be better thats if he can stay healthy

9. numberonesteelersfan says: Sep 14, 2011 6:35 PM

hes out for the season

10. mrbigass says: Sep 14, 2011 6:39 PM

I practiced normally today as well. Hopefully I will be in the lineup on my couch on Sunday barring any setbacks……

11. relaunche says: Sep 14, 2011 6:40 PM

Very, very bad decision….. great for me however… I own Tate. He is gunna get tweaked again. Watch.

12. mustbejealousof6 says: Sep 14, 2011 6:40 PM

One hit wonder! What a joke. Doesn’t deserve any attention. LOLZ

13. ctiggs says: Sep 14, 2011 6:41 PM

i drafted foster and and tate to be on the safe side

14. themitchfootball.com says: Sep 14, 2011 6:45 PM

As soon as Ben Tate is a free agent he needs to get his ass out of Houston. Very little future for him there. Would make a pretty nice little starter on many an NFL team.

15. dbellina says: Sep 14, 2011 7:14 PM

I drafted Jamaal Charles AND Ray Rice, I wasn’t going anywhere near Arian Foster this year.

16. kayotiicdat says: Sep 14, 2011 7:36 PM

Noooo the dude I play in fantasy this week has Foster.. stay out one more week please

17. themitchfootball.com says: Sep 14, 2011 8:33 PM

=================================

Congrats.

18. vikes400 says: Sep 14, 2011 8:54 PM

Sounds like alot of you people have Tate on your fantasy teams and are just hoping to get a couple of more weeks out of him… Listen if Foster says hes ready to go sorry Tate owners Foster is a much better running back. With Tates fumbling issues hed be in Kubiaks doghouse in the near future anyway. I own both Foster and Tate(luckily) and cant wait until I see Foster on the field!

19. valman61 says: Sep 14, 2011 8:54 PM

I have foster and someone snatched Tate on me. I need him to either come back 100% or sit. I can make due with Hightower and Jones Drew, I may even flex Bush. If he comes back and tweaks it, I will be angry.

20. omegaichiban says: Sep 14, 2011 11:09 PM

That anti-awesomeness isn’t gone…it’s just in stealth mode. If Foster goes, it’s showing up on the radar again.

21. sports_dude says: Sep 15, 2011 12:47 AM

Daniel Thomas is abysmal, why would you pick him up? I just dropped him..

22. gaygo223 says: Sep 15, 2011 3:14 AM

Hope he doesnt start this week, cuz Im goin against him in my Fantasy League.