Brian Urlacher returns to the Bears

Atlanta Falcons v Chicago Bears Getty Images

Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher returned to Halas Hall in Chicago Thursday for the first time since his mother passed away.

It’s unclear if and when he’ll leave the team again for any services, but his presence on Thursday indicates he will likely play in Sunday’s game. Bears teammates have said they expect Urlacher to face the Saints.

Our thoughts go out to the entire Urlacher family.  Lavoyda Lenard, Urlacher’s mother, was 51 years old.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
20 Responses to “Brian Urlacher returns to the Bears”
  1. ny82jy says: Sep 15, 2011 12:31 PM

wow i give him a ton of credit. If that happened to me so suddenly i dont know if id be able to go on Sunday. Hes a strong dude good luck Brian.

2. jerm867 says: Sep 15, 2011 12:35 PM

Not a bears fan, but I hope Urlacher has a monster game

3. godofwine330 says: Sep 15, 2011 12:35 PM

R.I.P. to his mother. It is harder when the person isn’t that old, and even harder when it is unexpected. Ilost a friend earlier this year. It is tough.

4. jdreed68 says: Sep 15, 2011 12:37 PM

Brian, I am sure your Mom would have wanted you to play football this week. Sorry for your Loss.

5. asublimeday says: Sep 15, 2011 12:37 PM

Career game. Goodbye NO, nice knowin ya.

6. skins716 says: Sep 15, 2011 12:45 PM

go out and have a great game for your mom, that’s what she would want you to do

7. vaporiizz3r says: Sep 15, 2011 12:47 PM

Sorry for your loss. Sad to see her go at such a young age.

8. mataveli says: Sep 15, 2011 12:48 PM

Flabbergasted at the short amount of grieving time.

9. kevo126 says: Sep 15, 2011 12:51 PM

51 damn that is younger than i thought

10. p4hbiz says: Sep 15, 2011 12:51 PM

My heart goes out to you Bro, A MoM is very hard to lose and then on top of that come to a job where everyone is in your bizness & asking if everything is ok..

That’s Hard, my hat goes out to you and your’s. go gettem Bears.

Go Raiders!

11. gustavejfrerotte says: Sep 15, 2011 12:54 PM

God Bless and keep.

The guy is gonna play. As much as I hate the Bears he is a difference maker, period.

12. johnsticle says: Sep 15, 2011 12:55 PM

As a Vikings fan, I gotta say this shows how awesome Urlacher is. He’s a great player and a very strong person. I expect to see a great game out of him if he plays on Sunday. Sorry for your loss Urlacher, your family is in our prayers.

13. cowboyfan45 says: Sep 15, 2011 12:57 PM

not a bears fan but my heart and prayers go out to Brian and all his family and friends…losing a mother at anytime is tough enough but losing her at such a young age so suddenly is even tougher..

I hope if Brian plays Sunday, he has a monster game and make a play that secures the outcome of the game for the bears and his mother…

14. wkinsomnia says: Sep 15, 2011 12:57 PM

He’s playing because its a way for him to go out and be able to not think about it for a few hours in his life. Players hit the field to release…to ‘get away’ from the drugeries of modern day drama. I personally commend him and hope that he has a career day.

15. gridassassin says: Sep 15, 2011 12:59 PM

Everybody grieves in their own way. When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, I took the next day off, planned the cremation and memorial service with my mother – then I was back to work the next day – and we had the Memorial Service the following weekend. Work helps ME take my mind off the downer crap in life. …I’d imagine a lot of men are the same way.

But again, there’s no ‘right or wrong’ way to grieve the death of a loved one.

51 is way too young to die – may God bless the Urlacher family.

16. waitingguilty says: Sep 15, 2011 1:03 PM

Gee stoutfiles…

Sorry you can’t read. Yes, that is her name.

If you have a problem with it I’d suggest you go address it directly with Urlacher.

Yeah…I didn’t think so.

17. crabboil says: Sep 15, 2011 1:03 PM

Saints fan here…

I get the feeling Brian is going to have an insane game and that scares me.

18. frankrizzo51 says: Sep 15, 2011 1:03 PM

@kyleortonsarm

Hard to take you seriously when you can’t even put together a sentence.

19. rudy1125 says: Sep 15, 2011 1:18 PM

Sorry for your loss Brian! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

20. PFT: Urlacher returns to Bears after mom dies « kimeroberte says: Sep 16, 2011 5:28 PM

[…] Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/brian-urlacher-returns-to-the-bears/related/ […]