PFT Live: Jordy Nelson and Howard Eskin

Jordy Nelson may be the “No. 3” receiver in Green Bay, but he leads the Packers in receptions since the start of last year’s playoffs.

Nelson joins Florio Friday on PFT Live to talk about his emergence as a consistent threat and Sunday’s matchup with the Panthers.

Also on the show: Howard Eskin of WIP in Philadelphia talks about Eagles-Falcons.

Watch the show live right here at noon.

25 responses to “PFT Live: Jordy Nelson and Howard Eskin

1. Hey I don’t remember who it was but before the 2008 draft someone on here commented on an article about WR prospects saying that Jordy Nelson was criminally underrated and whoever drafted him was going to be very happy. My god you were so right.

2. whatchutalkinabouthillis says:
    Sep 16, 2011 12:07 PM
    ___________

3. I didn’t know it was possible to make me less interested in your video content.

But pairing a wide receiver with a girl’s name and burger king managed to do just that.

4. Howard Eskin redefines the word scum bag. There is a reason 610 now 94.1 WIP is ranked 18th while 97.5 is ranked number 1. The reason is Howard Eskin and he doesn’t even do radio anymore. My only hope is Eskin will start reporting for another team instead of philly that scum bag.

5. rh44 says: Sep 16, 2011 12:14 PM

Eskin shredded any credibility he had left after making up a Favre to the Eagles rumor to boost ratings.
    _____________________________________

No, Eskin lost his credibility because he insisted on directing relentless negativity towards the Phillies, even after they won the World Series. He lost listeners because of that.

And the only reason he is so negative towards them is because Charlie Manuel yelled at him back in 2007. Talk about holding a grudge

6. @Jnks10 He might as well “report” for another thing since all he did with his time here was bash the eagles nonstop. Like, they lose 1 game and he bangs the “season is over” drum. And all the South Philly mouth-breathers jump all over his rhetoric. Awful.

7. The number keeps going up, but I still can’t believe Nelson is only 70% owned on nfl.com fantasy football. He leads the Pack in receptions since the beginning of last year’s playoffs.

8. All you hating on Eskin aka the king of bling are idiots… just because he keeps it real. Eskin is the man and philly radio isn’t the same without him, anyone from a different city than philly has no idea because you only have one sports talk show that is probably syndicated half the time. You’d be lucky to have listened to the king for 25 years and over 10000 shows. Go Birds!

9. Is that Jordy “Sticky Fingers” Nelson you’re talking about?

No ego. No attitude. No diva show.

Just performance from the farm boy from Kansas.

Carry on my wayward son.

10. theripster30,

For fantasy purposes, stay away from all Packers WR’s not named Jennings. Rodgers spreads it around, Brady style.

jimmysee,

I’m a Packers fan, and I like Jordy, but “sticky fingers” should be reserved for someone who doesnt have a case of the dropsies. He should have had 200+ yards in the Super Bowl and him and James Jones almost cost the Packers in a few different playoff games last year. Yeah, its nitpicking when you win a title, but I wouldnt label a guy with questionable hands “sticky fingers”

11. getsome636 says:
    Sep 16, 2011 1:31 PM
    thephantomstranger, he was actually the third WR taken, Donnie Avery and Devin Thomas were picked ahead of him. Get your facts srtaight.
    _________________

I stand corrected. Avery was taken 33rd, Thomas 34th, and Nelson 36th. DeSean Jackson was taken 49th.

One fact that I do have straight is that it’s taken him four years to move up to third receiver. Another fact is that he drops a lot of balls.

12. thephantomstranger says:
    Sep 16, 2011 12:12 PM
    whatchutalkinabouthillis says:
    Sep 16, 2011 12:07 PM
    ___________

———————————————
    @thephantomstranger: Dude, do you even watch football???? You make the most uneducated comments of anyone on any board i have ever been on.

13. thephantomstranger says:Sep 16, 2011 12:12 PM
    “I’m sure that was Carl. Anyway, he was the first wide receiver taken and it’s taken him until now to be relevant as a third wide receiver. Yeah, he’s great.”

and it’s taken your franchise 50 years to …oh wait, they’ve never won anything….