Calvin Johnson says he’s “good to go”

E.J. Biggers, Calvin Johnson AP

Lions receiver Calvin Johnson is ready to play against the Chiefs today.

Although he’s nursing an ankle injury, Johnson was running on the Ford Field turf and told Josina Anderson this morning that he’s “good to go.”

Johnson is coming off a two-touchdown game in Week One against the Buccaneers, and he’ll be the focal point of the Lions’ passing game against the Chiefs today.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
9 Responses to “Calvin Johnson says he’s “good to go””
  1. wkinsomnia says: Sep 18, 2011 11:32 AM

I’m sorry…Burleson will have a better Stat Line than Johnson when this game is over. watch what I tell ya’

2. staffordsyear says: Sep 18, 2011 11:38 AM

Awesome news,go lions!

3. staffordsyear says: Sep 18, 2011 11:49 AM

Don’t really Care…lions win is what matters.

4. bigwhitey says: Sep 18, 2011 11:51 AM

My fantasy team thanks you Mr. Johnson.

5. your6ringsaremeaninglessnow says: Sep 18, 2011 12:12 PM

Don’t know about Burleson having a better stat line, but I struggle to think of a WR who runs the reverse better Burleson.

6. ryanw411 says: Sep 18, 2011 12:32 PM

*****************

Burleson is an underrated guy that does a lot of things well and often makes plays at key moments. Runs good routes, soft hands, blocks well, gets yards after the catch, catches balls all over the field. Signing him last year made a huge difference in this offense, Stafford’s rookie year we had CJ and that was it on offense (Pettigrew was behind the curve and never really caught up his rookie year). Besides being a great compliment to CJ on the field I think he has really helped him develop as a player, Nate is the first real veteran WR that has had some success that been around to give him advice and work with. Probably the most overlooked signing the Lions have made and has really helped change the attitude here.

7. ajknox88 says: Sep 18, 2011 12:33 PM

I agree stats wise burleson will have a better game

8. ryanw411 says: Sep 18, 2011 12:37 PM

My fantasy team thanks you Mr. Johnson.
    ***************

CJ is pretty reliable and is not a puss or diva at all, he will play through injuries unless it is pretty bad. Even if it effects his production in plays downfield he is still a dangerous red zone target when slowed by injury. That monster game against TB last year was on a hobbled leg.

9. your6ringsaremeaninglessnow says: Sep 18, 2011 12:55 PM