Some thoughts after watching the Jets absolutely embarrass the Jaguars 32-3.
1. Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis wasn’t happy that Jaguars wideout Jason Hill couldn’t suit up for the game.
“I’m going to give him some advice: When you call out people, make sure you go out and play,” Revis said. “I was in tears that he didn’t play.”
2. Luke McCown had the type of day that makes you think the Jaguars can’t be consistently competitive with him at quarterback. He threw four passes caught by the Jets, and only six completions to his teammates. Jacksonville was missing a few weapons, but McCown missed throws that were open.
Blaine Gabbert put up decent numbers in mop up duty. We can’t imagine McCown will have a long leash moving forward. His decision making was slow, and then faulty.
3. The crazy part of this game? Jacksonville actually ran the ball pretty well. (Maurice Jones-Drew had 88 yards in 18 yards.) We have no idea why the Jaguars threw the ball in third and short multiple times.
4. It looks like a Dustin Keller kind of year. He had another huge day. Mark Sanchez threw two ugly interceptions, but at least he led the Jets on a first quarter touchdown for the first time since last October.
Sanchez struggles to put together four straight good quarters, but with this defense it may not matter against sub-par opponents.
5. Plaxico Burress didn’t have a catch. He wasn’t even on the field during plenty of key snaps.
6. This was a step forward for the Jets. They didn’t consistently win games they should win last year. And they barely won any games this easily. They need wins like this if they want to win the division.