Vick says things happen for him instinctively

Michael+Vick+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+St+Louis+RHGWfZOhrDgl Getty Images

In an interview with Bob Costas of NBC’s Football Night in America, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick addressed a variety of topics, including his propensity for making things happen with his feet when everything falls apart around him.

“This may sound crazy to everybody, but sometimes I have to go back and watch what I do,” Vick said.  “It happens so instinctively.  I’ve been blessed with abilities that very few are blessed with.  I’m thankful for that. . . .  The game still seems hard to me so I think that’s a good thing because it will keep me striving to be my best.”

Still, there’s a concern that when Vick uses those abilities, he’ll eventually get hurt.  As Eagles sideline reporter Howard Eskin mentioned during Friday’s PFT Live, Vick had the presence of mind last week to slide while going horizontal in order to keep the clock running against the Rams.  At some point, Vick has to learn how to slide when going vertical.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Vick says things happen for him instinctively”
  1. seneca1ss says: Sep 18, 2011 7:46 PM

……..like murdering man’s best friend “Fido”

2. numberoneinthehoodg says: Sep 18, 2011 7:48 PM

“At some point, Vick has to learn how to slide when going vertical.”

Someone want to explain this for me?

3. duanethomas says: Sep 18, 2011 7:48 PM

Over/Under on dog comments. 5

4. reidstinks says: Sep 18, 2011 7:58 PM

This is the exact problem. The QBs instincts are to run not to Extend the play and throw it to a WR, RB, or TE.

5. sgtr0c says: Sep 18, 2011 8:09 PM

@numberone Feet first verses head first

6. bigbluefan1 says: Sep 18, 2011 8:09 PM

My pitbull instinctively
    Wants to bite is arm off

For her brothers and sisters that this nut job killed

here is the bottom line my Pit is smarter then your QB

7. scudbot says: Sep 18, 2011 8:15 PM

What an opening. It’s clear he doesn’t have the instinct to keep his yapper shut.

8. 2ndaryinsanity says: Sep 18, 2011 8:23 PM

I hate to “beat a dead dog”…oops-I mean a dead horse… but it’s too bad for all the Bad Newz Kennel dogs that Vick instinctively knew how to torture & kill them. I don’t care what Vick says or does (on or off the field)…he’ll always be a scumbag. Make no mistake, the ONLY reason he isn’t still bankrolling illegal dog-fighting & actively participating in the torture of under-performing dogs is because he got caught & went to prison.

9. eaglesfansarenitwitsvickslaughtersdogs says: Sep 18, 2011 8:24 PM

A bit full of himself. He is a great weapon but man o man this guy is over rated. By everyone, including himself

10. heywoodjablome says: Sep 18, 2011 8:31 PM

bigbluefan1 says:
    Sep 18, 2011 8:09 PM
    My pitbull instinctively
    Wants to bite is arm off

For her brothers and sisters that this nut job killed

here is the bottom line my Pit is smarter then your QB

————————————————-
    Irony is funny. It’s “than” not “then” you big dummy.

11. christopher525 says: Sep 18, 2011 8:33 PM

Seriously, get over the dog comments people. Amazing how funding dog fighting is a death deserving charge, but beating/killing another human is easily forgiven.

12. rmm9090 says: Sep 18, 2011 8:40 PM

Vick said: “It happens so instinctively. . . . . .The game still seems hard to me so I think that’s a good thing because it will keep me striving to be my best.”

That statement translates into what we already know. Vick can’t read a playbook and can’t read a defense. What else is new?

13. savannahrose44 says: Sep 18, 2011 8:45 PM

@ christopher525

Vick has neither earned nor deserves forgiveness from anyone. He wasn’t just funding it he participated in the slaughtering of those dogs. Just so you know most serial killers start out with killing and torturing animals by the way.

14. tigrrrr says: Sep 18, 2011 8:59 PM

He instinctively tortures things that cant fight back. Sleazy low life Michael Vick!
    … And the eagles for supporting him…
    Karma will ruin you both!

15. thekingdave says: Sep 18, 2011 9:05 PM

Over/under on duanethomas chiming in because he believes all African-American football players are immune to criticism- 1.

16. tigrrrr says: Sep 18, 2011 9:18 PM

@christpher528
    Are you really that much in the dark? Read up my man… Vick did horrific things, and now you want our kids to idolize this monster?
    Im amazed at all this ignorance you vick people display.

17. macjacmccoy says: Sep 19, 2011 12:38 AM

People can say his running hurts him all you want, but its not reality. He takes his hardest hits when he stays in the pocket. Today he got a concussion, not from running and colliding with a tackler, from staying tall in the pocket getting rid of the ball and being wrapped up by a defender and slung into his own player.

If he would have scrambled on that play he wouldnt have gotten hurt. So you can be sheepish if you want and be just another football “analyst” parroting the same old misconceptions, or you can wake up and actually watch whats going on without any preconceived notions and actually report and analyze what you see. Not what you think you know, from your years of listening to John Madden, Cris Collingsworth, and company telling you a couple 1000 times what to think.

18. minnysoda says: Sep 19, 2011 12:42 AM