As Rosenthal adapts to the realities of fatherhood, I’ll pinch-hit for his weekly look at the final injury report.
Since I’ve never read it, I’m not sure what he does. But at least I’m not changing diapers.
1. Cardinals running back Beanie Wells is questionable with a hamstring injury. His availability will be determined at game time.
2. Seahawks receiver Sidney Rice is probable with a torn labrum in his shoulder. As Jay Glazer of FOX explained on PFT Live this week, the team hopes to strengthen the area around the injury, in order to avoid (or at least delay) surgery.
3. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan (knee) and receiver Roddy White (thigh) fully participated in practice after being limited on Wednesday and Thursday. They both are listed as probable.
4. Bucs tight end Kellen Winslow gradually has increased his practice reps this week, due to a knee injury. He is listed as questionable.
5. Ravens receiver Lee Evans has been playing through an ankle injury. He won’t this week; he’s out for the game at St. Louis.
6. Rams running back Steven Jackson (quad) and running back Cadillac Williams (hamstring) are questionable. Jerious Norwood could get plenty of work.
7. Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd (groin) is probably, but receiver Eddie Royal (groin) is out. Eric Decker could be in line for another big day.
8. Titans receiver Kenny Britt (thigh) and running back Chris Johnson (ribs) are both probable. Johnson missed practice Wednesday, and Britt was limited Wednesday. Both have fully participated in practice the last two days.
9. Vikings receiver Percy Harvin (illness) was back at practice Thursday, and he’s listed as probable.
10. Packers linebacker Clay Matthews (quad) is probable, even though he missed practice Wednesday and Thursday, and he was limited on Friday.
11. Texans running back Arian Foster (hamstring) is questionable. With Derrick Ward out, Ben Tate and Steve Slaton could be the primary options.
12. Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma (knee) is doubtful. He has not practiced all week.
13. Jags tight end Marcedes Lewis, who missed last week’s game with a calf injury, is probable for Sunday at Carolina.
14. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has an ankle injury. He’s listed as probable, and he missed no practice time because of it.
15. Injuries already are catching up with the Chargers. Receiver Malcom Floyd (groin) is doubtful, as is safety Bob Sanders (knee) and defensive end Corey Liuget (ankle). Tight end Antonio Gates is questionable with a foot injury.
16. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady continues not to be hampered by a right shoulder injury that had rendered him probable pretty much every week of his career.
17. Bills receiver Steve Johnson (groin) is probable. He fully participated in practice on Thursday and Friday, after missing practice on Wednesday.
18. Giants receiver Mario Manningham is doubtful with a concussion.
19. Receivers Jacoby Ford (hamstring) and Louis Murphy (groin) are both out for the Raiders, which means that rookie Denarius Moore should get his fair share of chances.
20. 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree is probable, not with a foot injury but with a “feet” injury.
21. Bengals receiver Jerome Simpson officially is listed as questionable after missing practice Thursday and Friday for reasons unrelated to an injury — but definitely related to something a person may smoke in California to deal with the pain of an injury.
22. Colts quarterback Kerry Collins is questionable with a right shoulder injury. Some would say he’s questionable without the right shoulder injury.