Peyton Hillis has strep throat

Indianapolis' Jacob Lacey tackles Cleveland's Peyton Hillis during an NFL football game in Indianapolis Reuters

So we know what illness kept Browns running back Peyton Hillis out of practice lately.

Hillis has strep throat and a fever, according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

While backup Montario Hardesty is ready to fill in if needed, Browns coach Pat Shurmur expressed confidence on Saturday that Hillis would still be able to suit up.

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
34 Responses to “Peyton Hillis has strep throat”
  1. football58 says: Sep 24, 2011 7:15 PM

How do you get strep throat from steroids or HGH?

2. JackLeone says: Sep 24, 2011 7:18 PM

Madden Curse!

3. coke566 says: Sep 24, 2011 7:22 PM

Oh Boo fukin who. My GF would get Strep 3-5 times a winter working in child care and never missed a day. Better do a nut check on the guy if he misses a game because of this.

4. td40 says: Sep 24, 2011 7:25 PM

football58 hates Peyton Hillis. Just check any Browns/Hillis story.

Weird how some dudes get really fixated on certain football players. What is football58′s fixation with Hillis? Sexual tension, perhaps?

5. ndgarretjax says: Sep 24, 2011 7:31 PM

cue the “Madden Curse” comments

6. schmitty2 says: Sep 24, 2011 7:35 PM

Whoever has him in Fantasy will be happy. What defender is going to want to get within 10 yards of him?

7. Mr. Wright 212 says: Sep 24, 2011 7:37 PM

Really don’t wanna hear the Madden Curse BS.

8. hoosierhandicapper says: Sep 24, 2011 7:55 PM

As long as he stays away from The Cleveland Clinic he might recover.

9. shadylamp says: Sep 24, 2011 8:13 PM

Seriously everyone… Stop with this “Madden Curse”.. you are too ignorant to even know what it means. It started out as only players that had season ending injuries. Then one season that didn’t happen. So the guidelines changed to ANY injury missing one game. Then one season that didn’t happen. So then the guidelines changed AGAIN to any player that didn’t have a good season. Now, you want the guidelines to change again to: ANY reported injury even though no game was missed. You can’t keep changing the guidelines and expect a so called “curse” to be valid and credible. Every person who says Madden Curse is a moron.

10. citizenstrange says: Sep 24, 2011 8:52 PM

Admittedly a tretch but …. New Nickname:

Peyton “Beverly” Hillis “Billy Handfishing”

11. finsfrontofficeisajoke says: Sep 24, 2011 8:53 PM

@ Coke566:

Really? She’d just head off to work in child care with a communicable disease? Would she tell her employer, or just sneak on in there because she’s got nuts? Basically, what you’re saying is that she was most likely responsible for some poor kid getting his tonsils removed because the doctors couldn’t figure out why he/she kept getting strep infections.

It was because of the girl, with nuts, that kept coming to work with strep.

12. citizenstrange says: Sep 24, 2011 8:54 PM

sorry … s/b stretch

13. blackqbwhiterb says: Sep 24, 2011 8:58 PM

He runs for 200 this week. Watch and see….

14. clownsfan says: Sep 24, 2011 8:58 PM

Noooo worries! Hardesty has been blowin’ up! Trading up to draft him was brilliant!!! Nah………I’m kiddin’…..he straight up sux

15. blackqbwhiterb says: Sep 24, 2011 9:01 PM

It doesn’t take Romo sized courage to play with strep……now that’s guts, that Romo…..

16. vtopa says: Sep 24, 2011 9:13 PM

Time for that boy to go back to being a fullback, here comes Hardesty.

17. mancave001 says: Sep 24, 2011 9:24 PM

Is there a policy on playing with contagious ailments? Never thought of it before.

18. chowface86 says: Sep 24, 2011 9:43 PM

Cigarettes mask the side effects of HGH use.

19. stairwayto7 says: Sep 24, 2011 10:09 PM

Welcome to Cleveland Hillis! City of staph infection, losers ans the descicion!

20. escoboltsfan says: Sep 24, 2011 10:20 PM

Strep throat? caused by the same bacterium as a staph infections, Cleveland knows all about that.

21. cbass59 says: Sep 24, 2011 10:30 PM

shadylamp,

You might want to do an actual player to what happened that season comparison. Here’s 2 very recent ones for you Farve and Polamalu.

Only clowns fans wish for their player to get on the cover of Madden. They are so starved for attention they don’t care about consequences. Strep is just the beginning. Just wait. Oh wait, you have. The clowns have been a exhibition team since 1999.

22. rabidbillsfan says: Sep 24, 2011 10:32 PM

So my somewhat logical posts don’t make it through, but Iflounder’s does…

23. barklikeadog says: Sep 24, 2011 10:37 PM

Thanks for chiming in stairwaytonowhere, always good to hear from ya. The decision was done in connecticut I believe.

24. brad1719 says: Sep 24, 2011 10:40 PM

“You might want to do an actual player to what happened that season comparison. ”

You might want to take a basic English class.

25. rabidbillsfan says: Sep 24, 2011 10:42 PM

@ coke566

I think you better do the nut check if your GF was gettin strep 3-5 times a year…

26. barklikeadog says: Sep 24, 2011 10:52 PM

The staph infections mysteriously disappeared when Romeo crennel left with his chicken leg grease soaked fingers!

27. buckfigben says: Sep 24, 2011 10:59 PM

I think the article should read. “Strep throat diagnosed with Peyton Hillis.”

28. artflooney says: Sep 24, 2011 11:00 PM

I am by all means the biggest wuss when it comes to being sick. It’s my biggest fear in life. I don’t care if I was the president and aliens were invading. If I’m really sick, I would not even care about the aliens. So I say, if he’s sick let him stay home. Hardesty better have a big game though.

29. ravenspit says: Sep 24, 2011 11:38 PM

Hey stairway, your grammar and puncuation has finally given me a clue to your troll name. Stairway to seven is your desire to move past the sixth grade after 4 tries.

30. hoosierhandicapper says: Sep 24, 2011 11:52 PM

coke566 says: Sep 24, 2011 7:22 PM

_______________

@coke566…

Strep 3-5 times a winter? Well, I guess that’s a better excuse for not sleeping with you than “I have a headache.”

31. coke566 says: Sep 25, 2011 12:09 AM

actually it has more to do with p.o.s parents….such as yourself more then likely; that send their kids out into public with the infection and force it upon everyone else. And FYI some people actually have to work to maintain a residence and food on the table. Not everyone gets unlimited sick days or even benefits. Someone has to watch those failed abortions….”future browns fans.” Although I guess being from Cleveland you wouldn’t know much about holding a steady job.

32. geo1113 says: Sep 25, 2011 1:38 AM

coke566 says:
    Sep 24, 2011 7:22 PM
    _________________________

It is so touching that your GF is willing to exposes children to a contagious bacterial infection. What fine people you must be!!!

33. clw1906 says: Sep 25, 2011 7:11 AM

Coke566 I wondering why I kept getting an itch tell your GF I said thanks for telling me! How inconsiderate.

34. waltdawg says: Sep 25, 2011 9:17 AM

How do all of these comments not get edited out, and mine do? I am tame compared to this!

@coke566–Classic stuff