There was no miracle this time.
1. The Giants won this game because they were tougher in short yardage. The Eagles were in position to prevail in second half. They couldn’t convert during multiple chances on the goal line and settled for a field goal. LeSean McCoy was stuffed on fourth and one in the fourth quarter.
New York converted their similar opportunities down the stretch. Ahmad Bradshaw finished with 139 yards from scrimmage.
2. Eli Manning threw four touchdown passes. It seemed like the Giants kept dialing up the perfect play call to combat the Eagles blitz.
Victor Cruz out-leaped Asomugha at the goal line for a touchdown to take the lead in the fourth quarter. Cruz had two long scores and was open deep another time. Cruz partied like it was the preseason of 2010.
4. Maybe Andy Reid was smart last week not to be too aggressive with Mike Kafka. The backup’s first pass on Sunday was a deep pass that was picked off. He was intercepted again later in the quarter.
If Vick can’t play next week, it will be interesting to see if the Eagles roll with Vince Young.
5. The Eagles have to be very concerned about the hits Vick takes on a weekly basis. That’s the formula to beat the Eagles — beat up Vick. He’s been hammered three straight weeks and the Eagles are 1-2.
6. Don’t underestimate the importance of this game. The Giants have two games against the NFC West coming up. They could get to 4-1 despite all their injuries. Tom Coughlin teams always seem to play best when things look bleakest.
7. The NFC East looks wide open with four good, not great teams.