Rex Grossman is not a member of PFT Planet

Arizona Cardinals v Washington Redskins Getty Images

I started sullying this site’s waters over two years ago.  One of the coolest things I learned right away: PFT posts get a reaction.

Whether the reaction is from teams, agents, league officials, media, or players, I was surprised how many people read what we wrote and cared enough to tell us how stupid we are.  Unfortunately, Rex Grossman remains unconverted.

“[Rex] really has no clue when it comes to anything being said about him,” Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan told Jeff Darlington of NFL.com. “He doesn’t watch SportsCenter, and he doesn’t know what ProFootballTalk.com is. He watches HBO sitcoms.

“He distances himself from all of it, and I think that’s deliberate.”

While we wish we had Rex’s pageviews (and appreciate Kyle’s plug), Grossman’s ability to block out the noise is a good trait for a quarterback. Especially one as criticized as Grossman.

Darlington’s entire debut column at his new gig is worth a read. We don’t know if Grossman can keep this pace up, but we’re looking forward to watching him Monday night.

For years, the Redskins have been among the least compelling (and oft-televised) teams to watch. At least this 2011 squad is interesting.

Permalink 35 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
35 Responses to “Rex Grossman is not a member of PFT Planet”
  1. sirmixalotalotalot says: Sep 26, 2011 12:01 PM

Hail to the Redskins

2. ingloriousmaster says: Sep 26, 2011 12:03 PM

¡viva la PFT Planet!

3. favreforever says: Sep 26, 2011 12:06 PM

No word on Rex’s reaction to the new HBO sitcom, “Oooh, Gross, Man!”, about a funny looking and incredibly inept NFL quarterback, who is shuffled from team to team, happily oblivious of his public image.

4. geniusesq says: Sep 26, 2011 12:07 PM

So what. Skins win by two TDs tonite.

5. scudbot says: Sep 26, 2011 12:08 PM

“Hail to the Redskins”? Rah rah sis-boom-bah. You should change your nickname to PomPon.

6. jimmymcnultysbottleofjameson says: Sep 26, 2011 12:10 PM

I’m not sure what your hailing to, I guess if you hail to a level of football well below mediocrity for the last 15 years then go on with the bore-a-phyll.

7. Rex Grossman says: Sep 26, 2011 12:12 PM

What are you talking about?

8. tampajoey says: Sep 26, 2011 12:13 PM

Why would anyone watch SportsCenter or ESPN for that matter?

Unless you want your sports spoon-fed to you like a child because you’re too stupid to form your own opinions after reviewing multiple and much more reputable sporting news outlets.

9. howley1 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:13 PM

24-17 Cowboys. That’s basically my prediction for every Cowboys game from here on out. It satisfies the Jimmy Johnson Theory that your offense must consistently score at least 24 or your defense must consistently hold the other guys to no more than 17 points (ideally both) to win a lot of games in the NFL.

10. tundey says: Sep 26, 2011 12:14 PM

Actually I think the Redskins have been compelling to watch. For the wrong reasons. Who didn’t want to know whether Fat Al passed his conditioning test? Whether McNabb was too dumb to run the 2 minute offense? Whether Clinton Portis showed up on Sundays despite not practicing? Why the Redskins gave a bunch of money to Adam Achuleta?

And don’t act like any mention of Redskins didn’t drive your pageviews up. Truth is, everyone but the fans benefited from the Redskins old ways. From the talk radio people who had screaming fans calling in…to the WashingtonPost that only need to put “Redskins” on the front page to sell out.

11. dukemarc says: Sep 26, 2011 12:16 PM

“[Rex] really has no clue”

You can stop right there.

12. kd75 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:17 PM

HBO sitcoms? Rex must watch A LOT of Curb.

13. rdrs68 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:24 PM

kyle has no clue what is being said about him either-lest he harm himself.

14. RussianBreadMaker says: Sep 26, 2011 12:28 PM

The bashing of the skins continues.

15. sundog05 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:29 PM

Rex Grossman is a tool.

16. azredbird4 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:39 PM

I can see it now..Flo along with the sidekicks are beside themselves…No doubt they think the entire world knows who they are…

17. humbleminded85 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:44 PM

Before I comment understand that I don’t have a bias say in this as I am not a skins fan but actually one of the few Ravens fans who truely wants to see the skins do good. Ok here go’s

Kill the whole “HTTR/Hail to the skins” thing for now.(Notice I said for now) As I understand your passion and the history behind it, but understand its just that…history. You don’t how stupid you look when a team who in the last ten years has a record 79-100, and some jerk with a Cooley jersey is walking around the sports bar sayin HAIL…HAIL!
    HAIL what? No seriously hail what? Snyder? His 9 six flag parks? The fact he’s been stealing money from skins psl owners for 10+years by putting out a BS product but still managing to raise prices?

Best advice I could give ya Skins is to take my name and stay humble. Good luck skins fans…good luck.

18. zackattack410 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:45 PM

What’s laughable is that all of the PFT site traffic from skins fans will slowly decrease as they move toward another season not in the playoffs

19. chobes68 says: Sep 26, 2011 12:54 PM

Do you blame the guy? Why should he care what a bunch of idiots on the Intergoogle think?

Or, he could be one of those clowns who say stupid things on Twitter, and then invariably state that their account was ‘hacked’.

20. therealsmiley says: Sep 26, 2011 1:16 PM

humbleminded – I have some advice for you – stick with your Browns and worry about keeping track of that one SB Trophy. Don’t you worry about the teams that have been around for 80 years. Oh…and Hail to the Redskins!!

21. hendawg21 says: Sep 26, 2011 1:26 PM

humbleminded85 says:
    Sep 26, 2011 12:44 PM

Hmmmm this from a guy who roots for a team with one Superbowl and both really belong to the city of Cleveland…Baltimore I think it’s safe to say you hate being second city in the mid-atlantic. Oh and as for history maybe the reason Skins fans hold onto it is as that old saying goes “History remember it as it will repeat itself”

22. kellenmcclain says: Sep 26, 2011 1:44 PM

You didn’t finish the rest of the quote…

“But “The Food Network” and “Yelp”, you can’t get the guy to quit yammering on about food!”

(get it? he’s fat)

23. waxthat says: Sep 26, 2011 1:48 PM

@sungdog05 is a tool.

24. fringetastic says: Sep 26, 2011 1:49 PM

As a Skins fan who has lived in the midwest for 3 years, on the west coast the previous 4 years, and upstate NY the previous 5, I’ll tell you I don’t see them on TV very much. Usually 3 to 5 times a year.

Granted, most of the times I did get to see their games I wanted to throw things at the TV, but still, that wasn’t the point!

25. pigskinswag says: Sep 26, 2011 1:51 PM

Grossman has received a ton of criticism during his career (a lot of it deserved), so I can see why he doesn’t want to tune in to what the media has to say. Apparently, ignoring the “experts” of media outlets such as BSpn, cBS, NBSC, etc seems to be working for him.

26. langahtang says: Sep 26, 2011 2:00 PM

those of us lucky enough to have been around for the Gibbs glory years don’t need some Balti-moron lecturing us on our level of fanaticism towards the Skins…shut up

27. jimmymcnultysbottleofjameson says: Sep 26, 2011 2:30 PM

28. fcs34 says: Sep 26, 2011 2:30 PM

Other things Grossman distances himself from: light beer, accuracy, Jenny Craig

29. sickcuz says: Sep 26, 2011 2:31 PM

Baltimore’s level of fanaticism and true loyalty is a joke. Remember the Colts, Baltimore? They were there for only 30 years and were pretty good for over half that time….5 or 6 bad years, attendance dropped. Never happened in DC like that.

30. langahtang says: Sep 26, 2011 2:43 PM

jimmymcnultysbottleofjameson says: Sep 26, 2011 2:30 PM

That, ladies and gentleman, is a complete out and out LIE. I actually wish the tailgating was more like that…you must be from Baltimore

31. silkyjohnson937 says: Sep 26, 2011 3:00 PM

Maybe he does but pft is so sensitive and biased since nbc took over, his posts get deleted for NO good reason

32. sportsdrenched.com says: Sep 26, 2011 3:01 PM

If you wouldn’t trade proffessions with
    a funny looking and incredibly inept NFL quarterback, who is shuffled from team to team, happily oblivious of his public image. you’re lying.

33. youdownwithjpp says: Sep 26, 2011 3:22 PM

As I Giants fan I’m impressed with the Deadskins so far.

34. turgidsen says: Sep 26, 2011 3:32 PM

jimmymcnultysbottleofjameson says: Sep 26, 2011 2:30 PM

_______________________________________________

Are you sure you weren’t at Candlestick on the west coast. I’ve been to many Skins games tailgating .I don’t ever remember redwine and wholefoods . The last one I went to which was last year we had pears in moonshine and oysters.

35. londonfletcher says: Sep 26, 2011 4:01 PM

“jimmymcnultysbottleofjameson says:
    Sep 26, 2011 2:30 PM
    Been to Fed Ex mulitple times.. your tailgating = khaki and polo wearing blackberry feins sipping redwine with whole foods catering. Joke.”

You must have been in The Danny’s palace box. Last time I was there, me and my girlfriend hung out with a group of people we met in the parking lot and cooked dogs and had a few good ceers lights.