Marques Colston is already back

Saints Packers Football AP

When it was reported that Marques Colston would only miss four weeks with a broken collarbone, we heard folks say that timetable was unrealistic.

It did turn out to be slightly off: Colston is back after missing only two games.

“He’s clear. He’ll be up this week,” Sean Payton said in a conference call.

Colston was officially “limited” in practice this week, but it sounds like there’s no doubt he’ll play.  The Saints’ multifaceted offense did just fine without Colston, averaging 35 points during two straight wins.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
36 Responses to “Marques Colston is already back”
  1. ivegotbigblogs says: Sep 28, 2011 11:00 PM

Dang. Good for you man.

2. h3min1230 says: Sep 28, 2011 11:03 PM

Tony Romo should of went to see Colstons doctor.

3. favreforever says: Sep 28, 2011 11:11 PM

Wow. The healing power of ground up body organs extracted from still living fetuses is nothing short of miraculous. Praise the Lord!

4. tjp2033 says: Sep 28, 2011 11:12 PM

back so soon. now I need to decide to start him or Meacham on my fantasy team now. I thought I had a couple more weeks.

5. cakemixa says: Sep 28, 2011 11:16 PM

Wonder if ESPN will label him a heroic legend ?

6. bradwins says: Sep 28, 2011 11:25 PM

If he’s back then he didn’t have a broken collar bone. Sorry.

7. Andre's Johnson says: Sep 28, 2011 11:33 PM

These guys don’t even try to hide the fact that they’re jacked up on HGH.

8. virusgvr says: Sep 28, 2011 11:35 PM

Adding him back on the FF: check!!

9. pbolyard says: Sep 28, 2011 11:39 PM

That’s pretty amazing to be back in 3 weeks from a broken collarbone. Good luck to him I hope he’s not rushing back. Charles Rogers career never got started and ended because of broken collarbones.

10. glennsyank13 says: Sep 28, 2011 11:48 PM

favreforever says: Sep 28, 2011 11:11 PM

————-

If god didn’t like it, I’m sure it could have found a way to stop it from happening. So much for omnipotent.

11. admin says: Sep 28, 2011 11:49 PM

no guys, it was just bruised

12. staffordsyear says: Sep 28, 2011 11:50 PM

So should have Charles rogers.

13. 20bust11 says: Sep 29, 2011 12:04 AM

Kudos to Colston. Another offensive threat should make the Saints even tougher to contend with.

14. eaglesnoles05 says: Sep 29, 2011 12:06 AM

Sooooooweeeet! Looking forward to pairing him back up with Calvin and Fitz in my leagues!

15. scrapdawg12 says: Sep 29, 2011 12:07 AM

No way he broke his collarbone. Must of been a bone bruise. I broke both of mine at two different times and I couldn’t do anything for 6 to 8 weeks. Even HGH couldn’t heal a bone that fast.

16. flik44 says: Sep 29, 2011 12:08 AM

This is called agent encouragement.
    AGENT: “Marquey Marq… how’s that neck thingie you got?”
    MC: “Sore man… real sore.”
    AGENT: “You know… your boys are averaging 35 points a game while you’re out. They haven’t missed a beat. In fact, it looks like Dev and Lance and Meach can handle this. You know where that leaves us, right?”
    MC: “Get Miyagi.”

17. 92and94and51and56 says: Sep 29, 2011 12:13 AM

Tiki and I are both flabbergasted. That’s some turnaround.

18. polishrod says: Sep 29, 2011 12:14 AM

@favreforever

This is a place for FOOTBALL talk, hence the name of the web-site. Please go somewhere else with that agenda

19. dumbaseinstien says: Sep 29, 2011 12:25 AM

Ummm…yeah, This is simply “Sabre Rattling” by the Saints meant to make the other team prepare for him to be on the field. Smoke & Mirrors, Smoke & Mirrors.

20. nolanorth says: Sep 29, 2011 12:41 AM

Underwater training does it every time..

Who Dat let’s get another one! (and don’t send me to hell Lord)

21. soumiss says: Sep 29, 2011 1:09 AM

scrapdawg12 says: Sep 29, 2011 12:07 AM

Yes, but you are no Marcus Colston.

22. kingkreg12 says: Sep 29, 2011 2:58 AM

This kind of thing makes me wonder how serious the injury really was. I know that some people heal faster than others but essentially 2 weeks to heal is pretty ridiculous.

23. seytonmanning says: Sep 29, 2011 3:49 AM

favreforever says: Sep 28, 2011 11:11 PM

Wrong procedure there d-hole.that’s stem cells(which are awesome) . your mean hgh.although I do hope one day one of your aborted fetuses cures my cancer.

And someone mentioned hgh wouldn’t work that fast.yes it would.if its used(abused) the right way yes if would.however I believe this was a minor fracture and not a break.I also think he’s not ready and if I’m on the opposing team I’m smashing him in the collarbone, especially if it really was a break and he’s trying to come back early from it.look for him to injure his collarbone more and be out for 6 games or maybe the season if this is true

24. BernardPollardIsAnAss says: Sep 29, 2011 7:54 AM

I don’t imagine he’ll be much of a factor this week so he’ll remain on my fantasy bench. He should help open thins up for Meechum and Moore a bit more though. Just have to guess which one is the right one.

25. nola5712 says: Sep 29, 2011 8:29 AM

As a saints fan I’ve come to realize that Sean payton lies about injuries, or he omits truth at best. That being said, PFT, maybe you should mention that he only said this to the JAGUARS press team seemingly in an attempt to mess with their heads . All he told the New Orleans media was that colston was running routes and is listed as limited. What it boils down to is…I’ll believe it when I see it.

26. ishoulbeagm says: Sep 29, 2011 8:59 AM

Yeeeeaaah buddy!

27. bayouboyg says: Sep 29, 2011 9:41 AM

The “Quiet Storm”!

28. cmutimmah says: Sep 29, 2011 9:47 AM

In an unrelated story, HGH increases healing time.

He should be embarrassed to come back that quick.

29. billinlouisiana says: Sep 29, 2011 10:09 AM

At a press conference after Colston was injured Payton said it was a fracture and was surgically repaired with a plate.

“Was it a break or a crack with Marques?
    “It was a fracture. What they put in was a small plate to stabilize it. He’s out of a sling and everything now. Now it’s just soft-tissue flexibility. The time frame when we announced it was four weeks and I believe the timeline is very realistic. He’s feeling good. It’s just a matter of getting the stitches out and letting the bone heal. The type of fracture he had was one that was fairly clean and was able to be repaired pretty thoroughly.”

30. axespray says: Sep 29, 2011 10:22 AM

notice how all these “This Guy is on HGH” type comments only surround winning teams?

You never see anyone accuse Peyton “bicep” Hillis of being juiced…. just sayin’.

31. goawayeverybody says: Sep 29, 2011 10:25 AM

Maybe it was just a hairline fracture or something. In any case, Marques Colston has always been an incredibly fast healer. Look how quickly he healed from arthroscopic knee surgery at the end of last season. The guy only missed one game.

32. pigskinswag says: Sep 29, 2011 10:30 AM

Welcome Back Quiet Storm! Break, bruise, whatever, I’m just glad that he’s back.

33. vaporiizz3r says: Sep 29, 2011 10:48 AM

Hey do you people understand that he went into surgery on the 9th? and he wont play untill the 2nd? thats over 3 weeks sense he had it done

34. madrid517 says: Sep 29, 2011 11:03 AM

No way it was broken, 6-8 weeks minimum if it was. Even if he had surgery and put a plate in to fix it it’s impossible to be back in three weeks. I know from a couple very painful experiences. Had to of been just bruised

35. vaporiizz3r says: Sep 29, 2011 1:54 PM

madrid517 says:
    Sep 29, 2011 11:03 AM

_______________________________

Or fractured O.o

36. cowboycjn says: Sep 29, 2011 3:01 PM

Look, if the docs have cleared him – so what if it was or was not broken, bruised or just soft tissue pain & damage, the main thing is he is ready to rock again. All you medical wanna-bes should register in a medical school.
    Just hope he doesn’t get out there too soon and get banged up again. Go Saints!