Vick says there’s a 100 percent chance he’ll play

New York Giants v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

The Eagles initially determined that quarterback Mike Vick has a broken right hand.  Closer evaluation showed that he merely has a contusion, but questions remained regarding whether he’d be able to play with the injury.

The answer to those questions is yes.  (Maybe it was only one question.)

Vick said Wednesday that “there’s [a] 100 percent chance that I’ll be out on the field this week.”

But the injury isn’t healed. “I tested it in the walk-through and it’s pretty painful, but I have to do what I have to do,” Vick said. “I have to get out there and support my teammates, and try to get back into it.”

Vick fully participated in practice, along with four other Eagles: safety Nate Allen (knee), receiver Riley Cooper (concussion), receiver Steve Smith (knee), and tackle Winston Justice (knee).

Cornerback Brandon Hughes (hamstring), receiver Jeremy Maclin (hamstring), and defensive end Juqua Parker (ankle) did not practice. Defensive end Darryl Tapp (pectoral) practiced on a limited basis.

The Eagles host the 49ers on Sunday.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
28 Responses to “Vick says there’s a 100 percent chance he’ll play”
  1. localbandhero says: Sep 28, 2011 4:30 PM

He has to go out there. Romo has played 5 quarters with fractured ribs and 1 with a punctured lung. If Vick doesn’t go out and play due to a contusion on his hand, he gets slammed by the media and fans for being a “sissy”. Trent Dilfer and others already poked at him over the crying about the refs stuff, so it can only get worse.

He can’t be shown up toughness wise to a QB in his division…it’s the man code.

2. favreforever says: Sep 28, 2011 4:31 PM

Mike knows the downside of letting contusions keep you out of the match.

3. minkytails says: Sep 28, 2011 4:33 PM

And a 90% chance he’ll get hurt again.

4. malblack says: Sep 28, 2011 4:38 PM

Howard Eskin got the story wrong, as he usually does.

5. carnboys says: Sep 28, 2011 4:39 PM

Dream Team- Michael Vick there quarterback.

and then paid him. Philly is a joke.

6. brintfatre says: Sep 28, 2011 4:40 PM

Until he feels he’s taken too many hits, then he’ll fake an injury and criticize the officials after the game!

7. The Phantom Stranger says: Sep 28, 2011 4:42 PM

I like those odds.

8. beastofeden says: Sep 28, 2011 4:47 PM

So he is not saying that he WILL play he is saying there is a CHANCE he will play?

9. sdfootballfan says: Sep 28, 2011 4:57 PM

Vick is a dog murdering scum of the earth and he should be banned from the NFL! I would’ve made it to the NFL if I wouldn’t have blown my knee out in the 1965 State Championship game. Now I’m currently stuffing my fat face with hotdogs and hamburgers while proudly looking up at my deer hunting trophies and getting crumbs all over my bear skin rug.

10. upperdecker19 says: Sep 28, 2011 5:02 PM

The way the season is going, I’d estimate a 99.9% chance that he won’t finish the game.

11. strobman says: Sep 28, 2011 5:10 PM

is it the hand he points to the scoreboard with?

12. howley1 says: Sep 28, 2011 5:11 PM

They said he had a cast on his hand yesterday. A cast for a BRUISE? Maybe they were trying to hide that he DIDN’T have an injury. I think he just quit on his team. Take the money and run, Ron Mexico!

13. Nevis says: Sep 28, 2011 5:25 PM

Good. No excuses for the Niners. They need to be tested.

As for Vick, watch out for #55…he was double-teamed all day vs. Bengals and the only two plays they didn’t he had a sack and a pressure/hit.

Brooks is a beast and he’s hungry for dog killer.

14. 5xchamp says: Sep 28, 2011 5:27 PM

Who cares if he ever plays another snap in the NFL .. the league has figured him out and he is now Mr irrelevant , he is right back to his old ways now that a brother got paid .. so philthy, get ready for the blame game because just like in Atlanta , he can do no wrong . its all about mike and to quote Mr ick , don’t get it twisted …..
    last in the division , hahahaha , what a joke

15. 5xchamp says: Sep 28, 2011 5:31 PM

Oh yeah , he can always go back to defrauding investors , but he wasn’t too good at that either …. loser.

16. suckitphilly says: Sep 28, 2011 5:34 PM

He said there is a 100% chance that he will play 75% of the game.

17. nineroutsider says: Sep 28, 2011 5:37 PM

The dog killer is the only player I have ever wanted to see get hurt. I mean really hurt. I know he did his time, but I am a dog lover and still hate the guy.

I love that he is going to give my Niners the opportunity…GET SOME!

18. miamininer says: Sep 28, 2011 6:07 PM

60% of the time Vick says he will play he plays all the time

19. omega49 says: Sep 28, 2011 7:18 PM

nine outsider you must have an inappropriate relationship with your dog. People who love animals more than humans didn’t have any love as children and only had the loyalty of their pets.

20. omega49 says: Sep 28, 2011 7:20 PM

By the way I know this because I watch animal hoarders.

21. richm2256 says: Sep 28, 2011 7:25 PM

There’s also a 100% chance that Vick will return to being a “doosh”.

22. pacash80 says: Sep 28, 2011 8:45 PM

Some people should be reminded that this is a site for the NFL, not PETA.

23. briank1ne says: Sep 28, 2011 9:17 PM

i dont know how the heck this game is going to turn out. I mean. Niners got a good running game (well not yet) but im pretty sure gore and kendell hunter will get the most yardage in a game thusfar. Also…Vernon davis could have a crazy game. As far as the eagles…they could hurt niners on the deep ball. But that means vick is going to have to stay in the pocket a little longer. Could be trouble. Niners 31 Eagles 28.

24. briank1ne says: Sep 28, 2011 9:19 PM

Micheal Pick?

25. howmnyplayoffwinsugot says: Sep 28, 2011 11:56 PM

Any given Sunday aside, eagles should beat the niners. If its even close its time to panic.

26. cowboyfaninut says: Sep 29, 2011 12:41 AM

100% chance he will play. Does that mean we can start the over under on how many minutes he will last. I have thirty minutes.

27. briank1ne says: Sep 29, 2011 4:23 PM

i disagree. the eagles should not just easily beat the niners. Alex smith is doing well just not taking big changes. And the niners defense is tied for most interceptions among the league (5) The run defense is either 3rd or 1st. I seen it was first a couple times but just read they were 3rd…not sure anyways…this niners defense is better than anyone that has played against the eagles. Its all going to come down to the eagles defense being able to stop the niners offense. and with david akers kicking better than Ive ever seen him kick….this is going to be one heck of a game.

28. P_Willy says: Sep 30, 2011 9:15 AM

The Eagles have had our number for the better part of the decade. We kept it close by the 4th quarter last year, but you guys started to let up after a comfortable lead.

After playing Seattle, Dallas and Cincy, the Eagles are by far the best team we will be playing in this young season, despite a 1-2 record. It’s no shame in losing to Atlanta and the Giants.

For all of the mixed opinion’s about Vick, as a football player – ignoring his humanitarian efforts (lack there of) – he, by far gives the Eagles their best shot to win any given game.

I wish both squads were free from injury for this one but you gotta suit up the best players available. Your rushing defense vs. our rushing offense pretty much cancels on another out. As good as your corners are, our lack of a passing attack will not require the db’s to have a great game. It all comes down to our defense and how long they can contain two incredible receivers, McCoy and Vick.

Defense is our strong suit, and Offense is yours. With Ginn and Jackson both fielding kickoffs/punts – this will come down to which team wants it more.

Hopefully it’s a classic because I feel the matchup’s will be great to watch. Let’s hope for no injuries, and maybe catch this one again on NFL replay. Goodluck guys.