Cromartie dares Brady to throw at him

New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie breaks up a pass intended for Oakland Raiders wide receiver Derek Hagan in Oakland Reuters

On Wednesday, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he doesn’t care what Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie says about him.

Brady may be interested in Cromartie’s latest.

On Thursday, Cromartie dared Brady to throw at the Jets’ No. 2 cover man.  “I hope I’m a target this game,” Cromartie said, per the Associated Press.  “I want to be a target every game.”

With Darrelle Revis expected to cover receiver Wes Welker most of the time, it’s safe to say that Cromartie will indeed get what he wants.  And Cromartie said that he plans to rough up whoever he is assigned to watch.

“To beat the hell out of their receivers, that’s our game plan on the outside,” Cromartie said.  “It’s to try to mess up their timing routes as much as we can.”

It’s one thing to do that against receivers Chad Ochocinco and Deion Branch.  It’s quite another to do it to tight ends Rob Gronkowski or Aaron Hernandez.  Though the latter has been sidelined with a knee injury, Hernandez returned to practice on a limited basis Thursday, which means that he could play on Sunday.

Bottom line?  The Patriots may have too many weapons for the Jets to shut down.  And so the chess match will come from the ability of the team’s front seven to get to Brady before he can find an open man.

Permalink 150 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
150 Responses to “Cromartie dares Brady to throw at him”
  1. tiffpats4eva says: Oct 6, 2011 10:24 PM

I wonder if Cromartie has a learning disability.

2. kayotiicdat says: Oct 6, 2011 10:26 PM

I thought the title said “Baby” at first… Cromartie and baby in the same title couldn’t be good news.

3. apac6586 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:28 PM

I dare Cromartie to use condoms… Just once

4. baltimoreballs says: Oct 6, 2011 10:29 PM

I tried to incorporate a joke including feet, cromarties 100 kids, and the jets, but I just couldn’t do it because the jets are a joke by themselves.

5. thejuddstir says: Oct 6, 2011 10:32 PM

I see Rex has been passing around the pre-game kool-aid to his players.

6. staffordsyear says: Oct 6, 2011 10:32 PM

Good job cromartie,you just sealed your teams fate this week…pats win by a rout.

7. redrifle14 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:34 PM

Heard he just knocked up another woman. Keep talking trash, cause your getting ready to pay child support for kid number 8. LOL!

8. canetic says: Oct 6, 2011 10:35 PM

Since Revis is afraid to tackle anyone I’d run at him all day long and throw at Cromartie the rest of the day.

9. sikoix says: Oct 6, 2011 10:36 PM

This is cookie cutter material for a cornerback to say except Cromartie has looked awful at times this year.

10. profootballwalk says: Oct 6, 2011 10:36 PM

I see a Gronk-attack coming.

11. highwaiianjahwaiian says: Oct 6, 2011 10:37 PM

CANT WAIT to see Brady Christ Explode on Cromartie.

12. revengeofthefilthymcnasty says: Oct 6, 2011 10:39 PM

That’s like daring Ray Lewis to a Thunderdome Death Match.

13. drakost says: Oct 6, 2011 10:40 PM

Careful what you ask for Cromartie. You Just might get it.

14. richm2256 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:41 PM

Cromartie is nowhere NEAR good enough to be flapping his jaws like this.

If only the Yets played as well on Sundays as they talk the rest of the week.

Let’s revisit this Monday morning, Tony. See how you’re talking THEN.

15. jhart615 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:42 PM

uhhh good luck with that dude…

16. rtl1984 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:43 PM

Didn’t the dolphin’s cornerbacks say something similar to this…?

17. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says: Oct 6, 2011 10:44 PM

Man has a death wish….

18. lance19 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:45 PM

Be careful what you wish for…

19. thesportsguy52 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:46 PM

Idiot.
    Ask former Steelers Safety Anthony Smith how talking trash to Brady prior to gameday turns out.

Also, I DARE you to name all of your kids in 30 seconds. GO.

20. lostsok says: Oct 6, 2011 10:46 PM

Challenge Accepted.

21. nepatriots128154 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:49 PM

Stephen Hawking might as well be daring Manny Pacquiao to fight him.

22. mh28102 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:49 PM

Cromartie DID shut down Brady is game 1 last year when Revis got hurt and shut down the outside in the playoffs last year…

23. captainwisdom8888 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:49 PM

Rex and Cromartie definitely give us some fun stuff to talk and write about. But they could really learn a thing or two on how to conduct yourself in the NFL with some class… Sorta how Belichek and Brady do it

24. rushmatic says: Oct 6, 2011 10:55 PM

Please, Pats, get Gronkowski a head full of steam and point him in Cromartie’s direction.

Please.

25. daytonaken says: Oct 6, 2011 10:56 PM

Cromartie daring Brady to throw at him is like daring my wife to nag at me. Dared or not, she bringing it. Are the Jets that desperate?

26. rushmatic says: Oct 6, 2011 10:56 PM

tiffpats4eva says:
    Oct 6, 2011 10:24 PM
    I wonder if Cromartie has a learning disability.

________________

Also, this is an insult to people with learning disabilities. I would have gone with,
    “I wonder if Cromartie has brain damage.”

27. gergie1957 says: Oct 6, 2011 10:57 PM

“To beat the hell out of their receivers, that’s our game plan on the outside,”

I just wonder if the Pats receivers plan on returning the favor.

28. micker716 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:00 PM

This is not worthy of a post. Now when Cromartie Double-Dog dares him, we have a story.

29. sunitabrad says: Oct 6, 2011 11:02 PM

Cromartie is a moron.

30. rayjayjohnsonjr says: Oct 6, 2011 11:04 PM

And Tiki is flabbergasted that the high schoolers beat Favre and him in the 40, 60, and 100, and everything else.

31. riverhorsey says: Oct 6, 2011 11:06 PM

if the Pats score on him he should quit.

32. firedup1 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:07 PM

I did not know that Crow was a comedian in his off time.

33. squared80 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:09 PM

An average CB is daring a HOF QB. What a waste of our time.

34. siknutty says: Oct 6, 2011 11:09 PM

Cromartie is terrible. Any physical receiver will abuse him at will!

35. j0esixpack says: Oct 6, 2011 11:11 PM

I can’t stand the Jets – but it’s not like he said “I dare you to throw at me”

He just wants to cover the best guy

Nothing wrong with that.

36. jrfrom508 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:11 PM

@ tiffpats4eva

It’s not enough just to Like your comment.

I want you to understand I laughed out loud.

And yes, yes he does.

37. dbellina says: Oct 6, 2011 11:13 PM

What’s the over/under on Brady throwing more than 500 yards?

38. tedmurph says: Oct 6, 2011 11:13 PM

Hope he gets his wish, then he’ll deserve to call Brady an a$$hole.

39. promickey says: Oct 6, 2011 11:22 PM

What will Cromartie say when the NY Jets lose; We dare you to play us again!

40. beantownbeastoftheeast says: Oct 6, 2011 11:22 PM

I hope the Pats run the ball towards Cromartie so GRONK cannot only block him but light his ass up!

41. swarlesbarrkley says: Oct 6, 2011 11:24 PM

careful what you wish for

42. oggreengold says: Oct 6, 2011 11:26 PM

when will the jets realize nobody cares what they have to say.

43. oscojoe says: Oct 6, 2011 11:28 PM

Up until now the trash talking this week has been suttle from the jets. I was starting to believe maybe the jets are beggining to muture and become professional.

NOT!!!

Maybe a 3rd straight loss will finnaly do it.

I wouldn’t bet on it thou.

Same Old Yet’s

44. rexismybff says: Oct 6, 2011 11:28 PM

I dare Brady to:

– Throw a highlight pass in a Super Bowl, instead of counting on the kicker

– Win something in a not-penalized-for-cheating season

– Take a hit without screeching at the closest ref like an 8-year old girl

– Return to relevance, instead of reliving accomplishments from the early part of the last decade

– Throw a couple of balls at the receiver Revis is covering

45. fmwarner says: Oct 6, 2011 11:30 PM

It takes a LOT for me to want the Patriots to win. But Cromartie makes it look easy. Almost as easy as impregnating a woman.

46. judgejuday says: Oct 6, 2011 11:35 PM

Is this really a dare though?

Sounds like Cro talking out of his ass per usual…

On that thought, he will be eating himself sunday

47. descendency says: Oct 6, 2011 11:37 PM

I can’t wait (!) for Welker to break his ankles on a cut and then he can watch as he goes to the house on a Brady pass.

48. honkerdawg says: Oct 6, 2011 11:37 PM

Cromartie’s comments as with Ryans aren’t even worth commenting on.
    PS: exacting how many Super Bowl trophies and MVPs does Cromartie have? “0”!

49. bischof21 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:37 PM

Cromartie is still talking and this time about Brady? I thought you were supposed to get wiser with old age. At least Cromartie still thinks he is relevant.

50. midwestguru says: Oct 6, 2011 11:37 PM

Notice how the best corners keep their mouth shut like revis and pre namdi while the benders like cromartie and hall r always talkin.

51. madsllc says: Oct 6, 2011 11:38 PM

I bet you he said the same thing to all his baby moma’s!

52. massappeal12345 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:40 PM

What a dumbbell. Brady’s not going to throw at Cromartie. Brady’s going to throw at the receiver that just ran by Cromartie.

53. emoney12 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:41 PM

Tough talk from a guy who wasn’t even the team’s first choice to sign at corner. Just shut up.

54. 6ball says: Oct 6, 2011 11:41 PM

yo dog, enough witth the litters of kids

55. bdert says: Oct 6, 2011 11:43 PM

And when u get torched… let me guess what your post press comments will be…”I was out of it…think’n bout my kids”

56. mempusa says: Oct 6, 2011 11:46 PM

As many points as the Patriots have given up, the Jets awwfence can’t get out of its own way. The Jets D might be able to keep Brady to less than 30 but Sanchez can’t put up more than 21. 28-21 PATS

oh and Cromartie gets worked by Ochocinco

Memp!

57. Soulman45 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:47 PM

All talk win something I will listen.

58. Patskrieg dot com says: Oct 6, 2011 11:47 PM

I dare Cromartie to make a tackle.

59. thefappingcows says: Oct 6, 2011 11:48 PM

Um Cromartie instead of talking about what the Pats are going to do to you…why don’t you focus on your game so you don’t have a Jets Raiders repeat? Oh and yeah…you will always at most be second best to Revis…suck it

60. nesuperfan says: Oct 6, 2011 11:50 PM

redrifle14 says:Oct 6, 2011 10:34 PM

__________________________________

He already has 9 kids by 8 women. He is going for number 10!

I think he might just be trying to match his uniform number.

61. isphet71 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:57 PM

The Jets’ mouths constantly write checks their bodies can’t cash.

They will never learn, apparently. So when will the media start ignoring them?

62. itsmammoth says: Oct 6, 2011 11:57 PM

Darth Brady calmly raises his hand to silently choke Cromartie.

63. zinn22 says: Oct 6, 2011 11:59 PM

With Darrelle Revis expected to cover receiver Wes Welker most of the time, it’s safe to say that Cromartie will indeed get what he wants. And Cromartie said that he plans to rough up whoever he is assigned to watch.

————————————————————–

Who expects Revis to cover Welker. Name one person, please. Revis rarely if ever covers slot WR’s. In the playoff game last year he covered Branch holding him to 1 catch.

BTW should Cromartie say i hope Brady does not throw at me. Its a non-story every CB hopes he gets thrown at and playing opposite Revis its very likely Cromartie will get thrown at a lot. Although I expect the NE TE’s to get a lot of work. It will be interesting to see if the Jets try to flood the middle again this week.

64. jaimelh02 says: Oct 7, 2011 12:00 AM

I think the Jets match up well with the Patriots because they have such a good secondary. The Patriots running game will decide this game. If they could run the ball with Ridley like they did against Oakland they will be able to keep the Jets off balance and win this game

65. freewayjim says: Oct 7, 2011 12:03 AM

Cromartie has trouble remembering the names of all his kids, how can he possibly memorize the game plan?

I wonder what Broadway Joe thinks about him?

66. Andre's Johnson says: Oct 7, 2011 12:03 AM

This is too easy. Let’s make sure we cover everything:

1) I dare you to remember your kids’ names.
    2) I dare you to trip an opposing special teamer.
    3) I dare you to touch Rex Ryan’s wife’s feet.
    4) I dare you to not have a one night stand.
    5) I dare you to dress up as a hot dog and lie down on Rex Ryan’s dinner table.
    6) I dare you to not be on a 7-9 team.
    7) I dare you to pants Bill Belichick.
    8) I dare you to get your G.E.D.

Have I left anything out?

67. Andre's Johnson says: Oct 7, 2011 12:05 AM

What the hell is that weird ass smiley thing doing in my previous post. wtf

I’m an html programmer and I didn’t even realize it.

That stupid face is supposed to be and eight.

wtf

68. fofofotey says: Oct 7, 2011 12:05 AM

Cromartie brings big ratings via baby mommas.

69. tatum064 says: Oct 7, 2011 12:07 AM

Are these fools trying to provoke the Pats dropping 50 on them?

70. coolzog says: Oct 7, 2011 12:08 AM

Unlike Sanchez, Brady doesn’t throw AT the other teams DBs, he throw at his receivers.

71. stevo8drum says: Oct 7, 2011 12:13 AM

My teams backup qb utters the words “dream team” and its misused and driven into our faces on almost every post … none of our players ever used the SB word…. This NY team talks like the’ve just won 4 str8 SB’s, promises to win it every year and says it will kill every player week in and week out…. Can we call them the dream team yet?

72. polegojim says: Oct 7, 2011 12:18 AM

Don’t worry Crom and Jets fans, he will, he will…. and you’ll be running after Welker and Branch, AND BTW Johnson is going to have his best day as a Pat. Watch for it.

You’re also going to get a heavy dose of Gronkowski, as both of you fly-weights jump on his back and try to tackle him.

73. wacco4flacco says: Oct 7, 2011 12:24 AM

Cromartie should ask Ryan Clark of the Steelers how well talking smack about Tom Brady before a big game worked out for him.

74. keeponhating says: Oct 7, 2011 12:28 AM

Rofl I seriously hate tom brady and wish cromartie could back it up. But he can’t. And with the extra motivation Brady is going to make him look even more like a fool…..if that’s even possible?

75. presidentjesus says: Oct 7, 2011 12:33 AM

Don’t worry I am sure he was planning to throw at you anyway! Sheesh.

76. mfpepin says: Oct 7, 2011 12:38 AM

The way Cromartie sees it, anything is better than tackling a running back.

77. raiderlyfe510 says: Oct 7, 2011 12:40 AM

LOL

78. damnyoulinelliot says: Oct 7, 2011 12:41 AM

I dare him to pay child support

79. raiderlyfe510 says: Oct 7, 2011 12:42 AM

Cromartie putting Rex Ryan’s game plan on blast. Look forward to a lot of penalties.

80. mj2sexay says: Oct 7, 2011 12:48 AM

Since when is Revis afraid to tackle?!?! You Pats fans slay me.

81. khuxford says: Oct 7, 2011 12:54 AM

Maybe they have a game plan where they’re trying to bait Brady into some throws where they’ll look like single on Cro’s receiver, but there’s really a safety or nickel back waiting…

82. myraspats says: Oct 7, 2011 12:54 AM

I think Cromartie’s confused…must be Sanchez throwing all those INTs. He thinks that’s what QBs are SUPPOSED to do.

83. toonsterwu says: Oct 7, 2011 12:57 AM

In the end, I think it’s going to come down to the Jets OL and DL. If the Pats can pound Ridley, BGE like they did last week, Brady is going to have a lot of fun as it’ll force Rex to react. If the Jets Front 7 can stop the run, then Rex is going to be able to mess with Brady. On the flip side, I think, at some point, the Jets need to be able to establish a run game. While Belichick’s defensive genius is slowly becoming over-stated, anytime a team is too one-dimensional, and there’s a coach like Belichick, I’d bet on him over a one-dimensional offense.

84. rollerino1 says: Oct 7, 2011 1:07 AM

These dudes cannot keep their mouths shut!

85. caseyanthonymunoz says: Oct 7, 2011 1:07 AM

Tom Brady? Puh-lease. Cromartie faces Sanchize everyday in practice. After constantly facing a Hall of Famer to be on a regular basis, that Brady guy is nothing.

86. voiceofreason18 says: Oct 7, 2011 1:09 AM

Somebody should dare Cro to get a vasectomy! But don’t forget the great Tom Brady dumped his Ex while she was still pregnant, so he is no angel either.

87. luciano26 says: Oct 7, 2011 1:24 AM

our Steeler safety, Anthony Smith, talked some smack and Brady went out of his way to make Smith look terrible. Brady will probably light Cromartie up too.I’ll be rooting for Cromartie though

88. belicheckyoself says: Oct 7, 2011 1:31 AM

I’d like to see the Pats secondary step up and take the Jets pass game off the board.
    Patriots WILL score, and will raise hell against even that terrifying spy-shift-into-coverage nightmare they brought into the playoff game, if they’re mistake free, and have all receivers in time.
    It’s a division game, but early to bring a lot of tricks into it, so hopefully NE moves the ball slowly and carefully on offense, and just forces NYJ into a short game attack against a lead.
    A healthy D front should help NE. Frankly if both AH’s are ready they should have this if the playcalling isn’t bunk.
    No excuses available, just execute.

89. timegambit says: Oct 7, 2011 1:40 AM

I dared a chimp to throw at me once and boy was I ever sorry.

Tom, if you’re reading this, ball up some feces and hit him right in the ear when he turns his head. It sucks and he will be Q-tipping crap out of his ear for days.

Be a good lesson for him. I know I’m a better man for my experience. Be discreet though. Security laughs when the chimp does it, but gets really upset when a human tries to return the favor. I think it may be a rare kind of racism. Maybe tuck some into your helmet before the game. Good luck!

90. rjblitz02 says: Oct 7, 2011 1:41 AM

LOL.

91. gimmeabruschi says: Oct 7, 2011 1:46 AM

If Brady were as stupid as Cromartie he might take the dare and ignore an open receiver.

92. seahawksfan25 says: Oct 7, 2011 1:56 AM

He must think he as good as deion sanders. He can’t hold deion socks.

93. demons87 says: Oct 7, 2011 2:27 AM

Someone should dare Cromartie to name his 9 kids. Oh wait he already failed at that.

How about someone dare him to learn how to use a condom?
    Apparently he didn’t realize the girl is supposed to take the birth control pills.

94. maxvv says: Oct 7, 2011 2:37 AM

I’m a Jets fan and I can’t stomach this guy.

This isn’t a reflection on Rex’s big talk. This is a reflection on same old Antonio Cromartie, otherwise known as our offseason’s silver medal.

95. contract says: Oct 7, 2011 2:45 AM

“I dare Cromartie to use condoms… Just once”

This is the real reason I come to this site.

96. gobillss says: Oct 7, 2011 2:54 AM

If you could win games from running your mouth, the jets would be undefeeted….et it feet, lol

97. iainnyj says: Oct 7, 2011 2:59 AM

Brady did a great job of hitting the open guy the last time these teams played. I’m sure Ochocinco will make all the difference…

98. bloggingpoodlewalker says: Oct 7, 2011 3:06 AM

Holy crap this fool in the Black Hole a couple weeks ago couldnt get nuthin right…got torched, ran over, fumbled a kick off and got his keester hurt…oh and at least four penalties against him…might have even got on the wrong plane back home…and hes taunting Tom Terrific? Geez.

99. quittsburghstoolers says: Oct 7, 2011 3:12 AM

Cromartie can say whatever he wants and Brady won’t even take notice.

But if he messes with Tom’s ”Justin Bieber” hairdo then there will be hell to pay!

He’ll have Gisele to answer to!

100. granadafan says: Oct 7, 2011 3:29 AM

Look for Brady to have a record breaking game.

101. marc127 says: Oct 7, 2011 3:33 AM

Cromartie couldn’t cover all of his kids in a king’s size bed sheet

102. slickster35 says: Oct 7, 2011 3:44 AM

Jest fans must be proud of this human waste of garbage. Just curious, would anyone actually buy and wear a Cro jersey? It would take a special kind of “person”.

103. trbowman says: Oct 7, 2011 3:56 AM

Go Bills!

104. mrconnors says: Oct 7, 2011 4:08 AM

Cromartie is still living off of that double digit INT season he had several years ago. Dude gets burnt every game.

Oh yeah, if you thumbs down my comment, I will cast a curse on you. I can summon spirits.

105. Big M says: Oct 7, 2011 4:30 AM

He knows that passing game runs through the tight ends and Wes Welker in the slot…

P.S. comment #3 for the win.

106. steve7009 says: Oct 7, 2011 5:08 AM

You shall get your wish Antonio… Brady will throw at you 25 times.. with 23 completions and 2 TD`s

107. oilers101 says: Oct 7, 2011 5:12 AM

see talking like this will get the jets blown out sunday by new England the jets will be lucky if they don’t look as sloppy as they did while playing the ravens

108. jetfanfolife says: Oct 7, 2011 5:18 AM

I love the Jets and couldn’t care less whether any of you haters hate the Jets, Ryan, Sanchez, and even us fans.

I am pissed we lost 2 games in a row and just once I wish our players would keep their mouths shut before a game. Same as one of those players on any team that is down by 20 points and that one player gets a sack or the player gets a 1st down and starts dancing like HE’S ALL THAT…I always say to myself, “don’t you know you’re losing?! Why the hell are you dancing?!”

However if The Jets ever go on a win streak and beat the good teams then they can talk all they want.

Ryan please tell the players on my favorite team to STFU and stop giving these clowns above something to joke about.

109. jetfanfolife says: Oct 7, 2011 5:21 AM

canetic says:
    Oct 6, 2011 10:35 PM

—————————————-

Obviously you have NOT seen a Jet game this year to make such a stupid statement as that. You’re talking about the CB on the Eagles who CAN NOT TACKLE. Revis CAN tackle. You shouldn’t comment on things you know NOTHING about.

This is to all the 102 idiots too who gave this clown a thumb up

110. steelgrid77 says: Oct 7, 2011 5:33 AM

you must be a dumb ass, or is that comming from your head coach, Brady is the class of the AFC unlike your guy.

111. josh928 says: Oct 7, 2011 5:46 AM

@apac6586…..greatest comment ever

112. mistrezzrachael says: Oct 7, 2011 6:06 AM

canetic says:
    Oct 6, 2011 10:35 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT????

That is so true…Revis couldn’t tackle his own shadow, and most certainly not a RB….but neither can Cromartie.

Amazing to see idiots like Cromartie say stuff to attract attention to himself….LIKE BRADY OR ANYONE ELSE CARES.

Enjoy your 43rd anniversary jet fans

113. bigcarguy1 says: Oct 7, 2011 6:11 AM

Doing a whole lot of talking, just like their coach. I’m starting to agree with Namath

114. Tribe&Browns&Cavs says: Oct 7, 2011 6:28 AM

I’m a passive person. I’ve never been in a fight. I don’t believe in war. I rarely even raise my voice.

But Cromartie…. if I came into contact with Cromartie I just might punch him in the face…

115. skins716 says: Oct 7, 2011 6:30 AM

somebody please tell this douche to just shut the f*ck up. he sounds so stupid everytime he opens his mouth

116. faulkana says: Oct 7, 2011 6:31 AM

Who was that DB on the Steelers a couple of years ago that dared Brady to throw at him?
    Smith, was it?
    Is he still employed?

117. wtfchiefs says: Oct 7, 2011 6:48 AM

Taunting Tom Brady prior to a game is a GREAT idea, please, keep talking Cro

118. mornelithe says: Oct 7, 2011 6:57 AM

One of these days, the Jets are just going to run their mouths to a team with a defense that’s capable of simply utterly annihilating them. Part of me would love to see that team throw victory to the wind, and simply run roughshod all over them.

But, I’d just be happy if they stopped turning football into a circus, this isn’t the WWE, and Football should not be treated like a Soap Opera.

119. savannahrose44 says: Oct 7, 2011 7:05 AM

A lot of hot air from a guy that has 10 solo tackles, 4 assists 2 pass def and 2 ints in 4 games…your time has passed Cromartie.

120. phillyfan4ever says: Oct 7, 2011 7:07 AM

And Brady replies, “Sure!”

121. 8man says: Oct 7, 2011 7:08 AM

Please, please, please…no one in New England, say anything.

122. nflofficeadmin says: Oct 7, 2011 7:13 AM

Brady Christ… is that what people are calling him now? Cool!

123. blackandtealforeal says: Oct 7, 2011 7:14 AM

The Jet’s must have stolen the Pat’s game plan.
    Signed,
    Captain Obvious.

124. grpatriot says: Oct 7, 2011 7:17 AM

While Cromartie and Revis get physical with the receivers……The Lawfirm, Ridley will be running the ball down the Jets throat!
    I’m not counting the turn-overs that Sanchez will give up….
    Ground and Pound in reverse!

125. BernardPollardIsAnAss says: Oct 7, 2011 7:37 AM

I am sure Brady would like to dare Cromartie to cover Welker. This guy is a two trick pony; (1) covering deep threats, and (2) running his mouth. Neither is all that impressive. Someone should remind this guy his real “assignment” is to “watch” his kids.

126. nannymcsack says: Oct 7, 2011 7:43 AM

go ahead and blow up the outside routes…as ridley and gronk destroy you from the inside

127. jayrandle says: Oct 7, 2011 7:59 AM

Breaking News!

“Cromartie dares Maury to prove the baby is his”

Cromartie response to the accusation…”that baby look nothing like me!”

We will return back to NFL now…

128. kenneallys06 says: Oct 7, 2011 8:00 AM

JETS SUCK !!!!! Keep flapping your gums . After all thats what the Jets do best !

129. supashug says: Oct 7, 2011 8:03 AM

More talk from the Jets, none from the Pats

It worked so well for them going into baltimore. I love that the crappiest dback on the field is talking smack. Revis got burnt by Smith last week, held his jersey to save a TD , and Torrey still got 5yds behind him more then once. He was lucky Flacco sucked. That wont happen with Brady

no one will be watching Cromartie anyway

if one more mouth opens at the Jets today this becomes the lock of the week, large on Pats

130. mrgdawg says: Oct 7, 2011 8:22 AM

Brady is way over-rated. The only reason that the TE’s catch so much is because his limp wrist isn’t strong enough to get it down field. I’m just waiting for the day he finally admits he’s a cross dresser.

131. wikidpissah says: Oct 7, 2011 8:51 AM

On Thursday, Cromartie dared Brady to throw at the Jets’ No. 2 cover man. “I hope I’m a target this game,” Cromartie said, per the Associated Press. “I want to be a target every game.”

That’s daring Brady to throw at him? I’m a Pats fan and I have no use for Cromartie, but come on, the guy was giving his attitude about playing.

You guys are redefining the word “stretch.”

132. ny82jy says: Oct 7, 2011 8:52 AM

You know all of these hating comments are fine to me. But for every single one of you dumbasses on here that think and say revis cant tackle are just pure stupid. Before you make a idiotic comment like that why dont you spend five min and youtube some revis highlights of him tackling. Tackling is one of the strongest parts of his game. I have seen him put some nasty hits on players. Anybody who says that its beyond obvious you just dont watch the guy play. He is the most dominant player at his posistion in the whole league and its not even close. You can thumbs down this or say what you want but what i said is true like it or not. Educate yourselfs. Every single one of you dumbasses that talks crap about him would dream to have him on your team. You can say the jets talk crap but when they say revis is the best thats true. Not even close, give me one db thats in his league. I dont think so. I hope they put him on welker just so everyone will see the leagues leading receiver dissapear.

133. expatpatfan says: Oct 7, 2011 9:04 AM

I don’t imagine it’ll happen often, but I would love to see Cromartie (a guy who had a reputation in San Diego of always having the cleanest uniform at the end of the game) matched up vs. Gronk (a guy who is even bigger in person). Can defenders “surrender the body?”

134. waltdawg says: Oct 7, 2011 9:15 AM

Uh Oh…..Now you have made him mad. Godspeed “Dude with all those kids”.

135. bosfaninva says: Oct 7, 2011 9:17 AM

Cromartie reminds me of Fred “The Hammer” Williamson before the first Super Bowl.

The Hammer got carried off on a stretcher. Gronk, please make it happen.

136. alaricsrevenge says: Oct 7, 2011 9:28 AM

Brady smells his index and middle fingers of the hand with 3 SuperBowl rings and replies…

Yeah.. I don’t care.

137. hairpie says: Oct 7, 2011 9:31 AM

I heard on the radio that Brady “triple dog dared” Cromartie to pay support for all his kids.

138. rc33 says: Oct 7, 2011 9:31 AM

rexismybff says:
    Oct 6, 2011 11:28 PM

I dare Brady to:

– Throw a highlight pass in a Super Bowl, instead of counting on the kicker

– Win something in a not-penalized-for-cheating season

– Take a hit without screeching at the closest ref like an 8-year old girl

– Throw a couple of balls at the receiver Revis is covering

—————————————————————

Imagine the sack it takes for a Jets fan to challenge ANYONE to “return to relevance.”

Incredible. What a chump fan base.

139. nysaysbringit says: Oct 7, 2011 9:40 AM

As my esteemed colleague ampats stated the other day..”Looking forward to a great game ” and ..”sounds like both teams are focused”.
    That pretty much takes care of it all…dont you think?…Oh..maybe some of you dont.
    The personal attacks about babies,Brady’s hair, useless crap like that…..come on now!!..All of that is first of all ..NONE of your business,and second has nothing to do with the game on Sunday boys and girls!…Give it rest …ya sound like second graders.

140. bosfaninva says: Oct 7, 2011 9:48 AM

Brady loves to clown DBs who open their pieholes before a game.

Going to be a long day for “Daddy” Cromartie.

141. Drummond says: Oct 7, 2011 10:10 AM

QUOTE >>>>>
    rexismybff says:
    Oct 6, 2011 11:28 PM

I dare Brady to:

– Throw a highlight pass in a Super Bowl, instead of counting on the kicker

– Win something in a not-penalized-for-cheating season

– Take a hit without screeching at the closest ref like an 8-year old girl

– Throw a couple of balls at the receiver Revis is covering

END QUOTE <<<<<

I dare the Sanchez to:

– Even make it to a Super Bowl, let alone throw a pass in one.

– Win something…

– Stop dating 8 year old girls

– Become relevant by winning games instead of trash-talking.

– Watch this Youtube video of Brady throwing a TD over Revis' head to Moss (and note the lack of any reliance on a kicker)

142. botchedextrapoint says: Oct 7, 2011 10:28 AM

He won’t be throwing AT you he will be throwing OVER you for another TD

143. rajbais says: Oct 7, 2011 10:30 AM

Now the Jets will win!!!

When they’re this crazy and have their first game against the Pats, they win!!!

144. rushmatic says: Oct 7, 2011 11:30 AM

rexismybff says:
    I dare Brady to:

– Throw a highlight pass in a Super Bowl, instead of counting on the kicker
    * See SB 34.

– Win something in a not-penalized-for-cheating season
    * Didn’t cheat. You idiots refuse to understand reality.

– Take a hit without screeching at the closest ref like an 8-year old girl
    * Laugh out loud. I hope he continues this.

* Did you not see that he was the league MVP last year and broke records in the first two weeks of this one? You can’t be this stupid…

– Throw a couple of balls at the receiver Revis is covering
    * He throws at who is open, regardless of the coverage. If he doesn’t throw at Revis, it’s because Revis OWNS, not because he’s f’n afraid of him.

145. packerswambulance says: Oct 7, 2011 1:38 PM

Piss off Brady? Good strategy. You guys are going to get pounded.

146. mogogo1 says: Oct 7, 2011 3:00 PM

We need to enjoy Cromartie while we can. We’ll miss his comments in a few short years once he’s retired and bankrupt.

147. rocket621 says: Oct 7, 2011 5:26 PM

The Jet fans are as dumb as their coach. The big mouth bully will be irrelevant after this year. Maybe we will get to see him cry like a little bitch again.

148. belichickshoodie33 says: Oct 7, 2011 5:28 PM

Instead of throwing footballs at Cromartie, Brady could throw new-born babies and small children at him because you know he’s not going to go near any of those.

149. 2sausage11 says: Oct 7, 2011 5:38 PM

QUOTE >>>>>
    rexismybff says:
    Oct 6, 2011 11:28 PM

I dare Brady to:

– Throw a highlight pass in a Super Bowl, instead of counting on the kicker

– Win something in a not-penalized-for-cheating season

– Take a hit without screeching at the closest ref like an 8-year old girl

– Throw a couple of balls at the receiver Revis is covering
    ————————————————-
    You do realize the last time the JETS won anything we hadn’t even landed on the MOON!!
    I don’t think we had color TV yet either

150. mike83ri says: Oct 10, 2011 6:58 PM

I find it fitting that the game-winning TD was thrown to a guy Cromartie was supposed to be covering. I’m not sure it counts as throwing at Cromartie though because he was faked out on the route and no where near the catch.