We cover the biggest injury stories in the rumor mill.
The rest of the nuggets you need to know from the injury report are listed right here in America’s most popular Friday evening blog post.
1. All questionables are not created equal. The Cardinals list tight end Todd Heap (hamstring) and running back Beanie Wells (hamstring) the same, but Wells should play. Heap missed practice all week and should be out.
2. Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield has quietly been playing at a Pro Bowl level. He’s listed as doubtful with a neck injury, which is great news for Larry Fitzgerald.
3. Jaguars defensive lineman Aaron Kampman (knee) could make his 2011 debut. He practiced early in the week, but sat out Friday. He’s officially questionable.
4. It looks like Chiefs first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin (thumb) will make his NFL debut. The wide receiver is expected to be limited mostly to special teams.
5. The Colts list T Anthony Castonzo (ankle), G Ryan Diem (ankle), and DT Drake Nevis (back) as questionable, but none of them are expected to play. Indy’s offensive line is a mess.
6. The Panthers should have their entire active roster available. Cornerback Chris Gamble (head) and tackle Jeff Otah (back) will return. Jeremy Shockey is probable despite suffering a concussion last week.
7. The Patriots will likely be without the following doubtful players: WR Julian Edelman (ankle), LB Jerod Mayo (knee), T Sebastian Vollmer (back), and RB Danny Woodhead (ankle). Stevan Ridley will continue to pick up snaps at running back.
8. New England may get back a host of players: CB Leigh Bodden (groin), CB Ras-I Dowling (hip), DT Albert Haynesworth (back), TE Aaron Hernandez (knee), and DE Mike Wright (concussion) were all limited in practice this week.
Hernandez is probably the iffiest of that group to play.
9. The Raiders should get safety Michael Huff (ankle) back in the mix. He’s questionable. Wideout Louis Murphy (groin) is also questionable, but is expected to sit out another week.
10. Houston has a number of key players questionable. CB Kareem Jackson (knee), LB DeMeco Ryans (elbow, hamstring), RB Ben Tate (groin), and RB Derrick Ward (ankle, shoulder) all practiced in a limited fashion Friday. Look for the Texans to activate Tate or Ward, but probably not both.
11. Eagles Pro Bowlers Trent Cole (calf) and Jason Peters (hamstring) are out as expected. Defensive lineman Juqua Parker (ankle) may return. He’s questionable.
12. We knew this early in the week, but it’s worth noting the Bills are without starting left tackle Demetrius Bell (shoulder). The talent behind Bell is shaky.
13. Chargers tight end Antonio Gates (foot) didn’t practice all week and is doubtful. Vincent Jackson returned for a full practice on Friday and will start. He’s probable.
14. The Broncos will finally get Champ Bailey back. He’s probable despite his nagging hamstring injury.
15. Seattle will be without guard Robert Gallery (groin) and wideout Mike Williams (concussion). Safety Kam Chancellor (quad) may return.
16. The 49ers are still without Braylon Edwards (knee). With cornerback Shawntae Spencer (toe) questionable, the team may turn to rookie Chris Culliver at nickel back.
17. Clay Matthews (quad) and Charles Woodson (foot, knee) both sat out practice early in the week, but they will start. The Packers will be without tackle Bryan Bulaga (knee) and linebacker Frank Zombo (shoulder) once again.
18. Atlanta’s pass rush better hope that John Abraham (hip) and Jonathan Babineaux (knee) both play. They are listed as questionable after being limited in practice.