Packers accuse Falcons of dirty play, disrespect

Roddy White AP

Prior to Sunday’s game in Atlanta, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he thinks the Falcons are disrespectful. After Sunday’s game, some of Rodgers’ teammates said their 25-14 victory had done nothing to change their feelings toward the Falcons.

Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett said the Falcons were keyed up because they view beating the Packers as akin to winning the Super Bowl, and that the Falcons were playing dirty.

“This was their Super Bowl,” Pickett told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “They really hate us. They were hitting us late after the play. There was some dirty play out there. We just kept our poise.”

Pickett’s fellow defensive lineman B.J. Raji said he came away unimpressed with the Falcons, who beat the Packers last year during the regular season, but lost to the Packers in the playoffs.

“They have a long way to go,” Raji said when asked whether the Packers view the Falcons as rivals. “For it to be a rivalry, you have to win meaningful games. They’re just another opponent. They have a long way to go. I wouldn’t talk like this, but when people don’t respect you, I don’t take it lying down. Those people don’t respect us, so in turn I’m not going to give them any respect.”

Raji noted that the Packers have now played in Atlanta three times in the last 11 months, but that if the teams meet in the playoffs this season, it would most likely be in Green Bay.

“Now that we abused them, for the second time in a row, at their home, there’s nothing really to do,” Raji said. “If they want to play us again, tell them to come up to Lambeau. That’s it. That’s how we’re doing it.”

If the Falcons don’t turn things around soon, they won’t be doing anything in the playoffs, at Lambeau or anywhere else.

Permalink 136 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
136 Responses to “Packers accuse Falcons of dirty play, disrespect”
  1. radrntn says: Oct 10, 2011 6:46 PM

boo hoo, go buy some kleenex and dry your eyes

2. prmpft says: Oct 10, 2011 6:48 PM

…!@#$%^& the packers!!!1

3. dopesimms says: Oct 10, 2011 6:48 PM

You’re the defending champs. EVERY team should be playing you as if it’s their last.

And B.J. Raji shut the hell up. You got dogged by the Falcons’ line. Every time the camera was on you, you were either on the bench frustrated or on your ass pouting.

4. wvuandcowboysfan says: Oct 10, 2011 6:49 PM

I am glad the Packers are in Wisconsin. Plenty of cheese there to go with all the whine the Pack has.

5. buzzbissinger says: Oct 10, 2011 6:50 PM

I always thought Altanta was overrated; they got exposed last night.

6. packattack1967 says: Oct 10, 2011 6:52 PM

This crap starts at the top. From the day I saw Blank strolling the sidelines of Lambeau field years ago after a playoff win, I couldnt stand they guy. He was showboating and that attitude still exists on this team.

7. damnskins703 says: Oct 10, 2011 6:52 PM

Atlanta is far from being a good team Matt Ryan is no Rodgers and that’s for sure

8. wawa33 says: Oct 10, 2011 6:54 PM

Arthur Blank looks like a silent movie star with a cigaerette holder.

9. americankris says: Oct 10, 2011 6:54 PM

Abused? The Pack was suppose to drop 50+ on my Falcons without John Abraham playing. Luckily for the pack our coaching staff is clueless.

10. gregm5s7 says: Oct 10, 2011 6:55 PM

People saying Raji is complaining didn’t watch the game. ATL is also floppers, apparently. They aren’t crying about anything, they’re celebrating being 5-0

11. warvette says: Oct 10, 2011 6:56 PM

the falcons were overmatched. they had to try to cheat to win. the real whiners here are their fans who still think the falcons are better than they are. the stains will win that division going away.

12. tiffpats4eva says: Oct 10, 2011 6:57 PM

The packers lead the league in whining.

13. sunnyd89 says: Oct 10, 2011 6:57 PM

I love these comments by Raji and Pickett

14. staffordsyear says: Oct 10, 2011 6:57 PM

I hate when teams do this..your 5-0! Quit complaining!

15. beerandtitties says: Oct 10, 2011 6:58 PM

Falcons Fans!

SCOREBOARD!!

That is all!

16. staffordsyear says: Oct 10, 2011 6:59 PM

Oh and go lions tnight!

17. calloustongue says: Oct 10, 2011 6:59 PM

Georgia Dome should be renamed Lambeau South. Dirty Birds indeed.

18. jacunn2000 says: Oct 10, 2011 6:59 PM

Atlanta is a disgusting city. Their team has not been relevant in years.

19. joemain001 says: Oct 10, 2011 6:59 PM

I haven’t watched the whole game but I caught 2 occasions where after the play was over the defender seemed to be looking for somebody specific and give them a small shove….
    Not sure if this should be made a big deal but just saying there were those plays by Falcons.

20. glac1 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:00 PM

As an avid Packer fan I encourage you to keep your mouths shut and let your actions ON the field speak for yourselves………

21. johngaltwho says: Oct 10, 2011 7:00 PM

As a Packer fan who was at the Georgia Dome last night, let me start by saying that Falcons fans were gracious, enthusiastic and knowledgable. That having been said, most of them scurried for the exits in the fourth quarter, even when it was still only a one score lead. And perhaps the best payback for all the late hits was that the teams played the last few minutes, with the game out of reach, to a soaring unopposed chorus of “Go Pack Go”. The video screens no longer showed the giant “Defend the dome” mantra and instead when players looked into the stands all they saw was a dominant display of fans in the green and gold against a sea of empty red seats. It was awesome.

22. duncanthecat says: Oct 10, 2011 7:01 PM

From contender to middle of the pack. The Falcons peaked mid 2010 even if they don’t realize it.

23. rtl1984 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:02 PM

Only thing dirty about that game was Aaron Rodgers, that man is unstoppable.

– Viking Fan

24. gbpack50 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:05 PM

Ha Ha, it’s tough being the Champs! Whin? Shut up BJ? Come on man, are you all jealous?? Update, I just heard that LA wants a football team but they are afraid Dallas would want one too!

25. tigeralum2010 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:05 PM

“Arthur Blank looks like a silent movie star with a cigaerette holder.”

rofl

26. slickmarine says: Oct 10, 2011 7:06 PM

Listen to these Atlanta cry babies! How can ANYONE respect you? You had your chance, got all full of yourselves, and have since had your a$$es handed to you all year long. You’ve looked like losers since you limped off your field with your tails between your legs last year in the playoffs. Get a grip, folks; you never reached your potential and it looks as tho’ you never will.

27. disgruntledlesbian says: Oct 10, 2011 7:06 PM

everyone else accuses packers of whining, being drama queens

28. whatsafairway says: Oct 10, 2011 7:07 PM

and the Browns are salivating at the falcons fall and the #1 pick they get next draft just keeps getting higher and higher…

29. obxastronaut says: Oct 10, 2011 7:09 PM

5-0

30. favreforever says: Oct 10, 2011 7:10 PM

“Now at quarterback, #12 year old, Ahwin Waaaahhhjuhs!”

31. tebowsgonnagitya says: Oct 10, 2011 7:10 PM

Merle Hodge probably got this wrong too.

32. favreforever says: Oct 10, 2011 7:13 PM

Someone going to concuss that whining little geek into 2014, then he have something to complain about.

33. thejuddstir says: Oct 10, 2011 7:13 PM

The Packers are a very good team with an elite qb but they are also at the top when it comes to whining. I agree that the Falcons were doing some cheap shots after the play but I would like to see guys like Woodson and his teammates get called “just a few more times” for all the holding and illegal chips they do during the play.

34. romeisfallingagain says: Oct 10, 2011 7:14 PM

LOL, it’s so funny to read the comments of the haters. The Packers are becoming what the Patriots were back during their championship runs. They’re so damn good that people are starting to hate them for pretty much no reason.

The Falcons were clearly playing dirty. They were hitting after the whistle the entire game. All the Packers were doing was commenting on it, and people are calling them “whiners.”

Pretty sure they still kicked the crap out of them at their home stadium for the second time in a row. I suppose I might be frustrated as well if the best QB in football was tearing my “elite” team to shreds yet again, while my team’s “franchise QB” kept throwing the ball to the other squad.

The Packers are unstoppable right now. They have the best player in football at QB, playing under the best coaching staff in football. It’s not going to end anytime soon. Get over it and stop hating just to hate. Whiners. ;-)

35. scudbot says: Oct 10, 2011 7:15 PM

rtl1984 says: “Only thing dirty about that game was Aaron Rodgers, that man is unstoppable.”

But… but… but… ESPN has Alex Smith with the highest QBR of all time. So you know he’s better.

36. nineroutsider says: Oct 10, 2011 7:18 PM

I can’t wait until my Niners get their hands on these guys in the NFC Championship game. We will be sure to show theses guys the utmost disrespect, like they have always done to the Niners.

37. johnnybuc says: Oct 10, 2011 7:20 PM

The Falcons have played that way for ages to try and make up for their deficiencies as a team. They pulled the same crap a couple weeks ago in Tampa! They’re punks that lucked into a 13-3 season last year and were exposed for the POSERS they really are!

38. steviaquinn says: Oct 10, 2011 7:21 PM

Falcons dominated the best team in football for one half and beat them the year before.It was the packers toughest game. The Falcons are close. But yes, they can better as the season progresses just like the Packers did last season.

And you stay classy, Green Bay.

39. chas88 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:23 PM

“The Packers are becoming what the Patriots were back during their championship runs. They’re so damn good that people are starting to hate them for pretty much no reason. ”

No offense, but until they do win 3 championships, you can’t make that comparison just yet. It’s a little too early for that don’t you think? And I think that would be the reason why some people are turning away from the Packers and their fans.

40. acmepacker says: Oct 10, 2011 7:23 PM

I don’t understand why you talk about the
    packers whining. Roddy White started the whole thing, then the Pack went into their house and spanked them. No body said a word that wasn’t true, except for Roddy White. I wonder if his crow was fried.

41. ham1 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:24 PM

Man am I glad the lock out is history. All the stories we boring azz legal speak. Good to have football back even with the ever increasing sissified rules and awful penalty flags thrown for nothing.

In spite of the NFL and the refs, the players continue to play and provide entertainment.

42. shieldsisland37 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:29 PM

Breaking News: Water is wet.

43. polishrod says: Oct 10, 2011 7:29 PM

Wow, the # of Packers fans on here is astounding. I guess when all you have to live by is football, it leaves a lot of free time between Sunday’s.

If ANY other team came out and said this, the resounding response would have been “whiners”, but with all the Packers fans on here it becomes the truth somehow.

Football players don’t cry like this…. only Packer fans do

44. buzzbissinger says: Oct 10, 2011 7:31 PM

I’ll alert Rodgers and Company, I’m sure they’ll send you a beatiful boquet of flowers.

45. slammincamnewton says: Oct 10, 2011 7:33 PM

I’m glad Cam finally gets to run circles around these ass pigeons next weekend.

46. upyoursnfu says: Oct 10, 2011 7:35 PM

Disrespectful? Rodgers sounds like hes now a whiner like Brady. Is he going to start calling for flags now after ever defensive player brushes up against him? What a fudge-PACKER!

47. cusoman says: Oct 10, 2011 7:37 PM

Oh man, here we go. Not even a dynasty yet, and they are acting like the 2000′s Patriots and walking around like they own the place. Would a team please step up and knock these guys down a notch?

48. gopherspushfornitbid says: Oct 10, 2011 7:39 PM

It appears that being chronically immature is trait for all GB QBs. See 4 did teach 12 a thing or two while they were teammates. Grow up Aaron. Your whining is about as sexy as your haircut.

49. kennyrogerschicken says: Oct 10, 2011 7:39 PM

favreforever says: Oct 10, 2011 7:10 PM

“Now at quarterback, #12 year old, Ahwin Waaaahhhjuhs!”

——————————————-

I’ve got an idea. Maybe, just maybe, you should stick to things you know about, like pictures of Favre’s crank and being a loser.

50. eleventyeight says: Oct 10, 2011 7:43 PM

Packer-Backers- ALERT!!!!

*Come back down to Earth. Yes, you won the Superbowl;Yes- you beat the Steelers.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttt-

That Steelers team limped into the playoffs, snuck into the SB, and played a lot of 2d and 3rd-stringers against you in the Big Game…..

……and you-the Mighty, Masterful Packers- beat that tired, torn, raggedy-ass Steelers team by LESS THAN A TOUCHDOWN!

Barring one exactly textbook perfect helmet-on-ball tackle by Clay Mathroids on a RB who fumbled exactly ONCE all year prior to that moment *you would be runners-up!

Yes- you won the SB. But not by any amazing amount. The other team was in it until nearly the end.

You’re playing great football now, but don’t put the donkey ahead of the cart- you barely beat Steelers team that won two of three Superbowls in six years.

You have a ways to go before you get to be smug.

Fo’ realz.

51. vikescry1 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:44 PM

Scudbot? I sure hope that’s sarcasm(alex smith) and people get over it about the players talking. Really I’m tired of other teams fans whining about the pack and its fans. Every person who blogs here knows that if there team had did what the pack has done over the last year, they’d b excited just like packers fans ares now. Don’t hate

52. jumpinjoebuck says: Oct 10, 2011 7:46 PM

The Packers have a chance to be good for quite a few seasons. That being said, this team has a persona about it that is really annoying. It’s not even a “swagger”… Teams such as the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots have swagger that gets under your skin… But it’s not even like that. What Green Bay has is just… Annoying. They seem to whine and complain a lot about things that don’t matter. I think it starts with Rodgers. He’s a great quarterback, but he’s full of himself. He’s about as genuine as T.O… Let the thumbs down commence.

53. orangeflh says: Oct 10, 2011 7:48 PM

The NFL has done all it can to achieve parity. If some of your teams are [i]still[/i] too stupid to build a winner, why hate on the Pack?

54. ih8gbpackers says: Oct 10, 2011 7:48 PM

It’s as simple as this….I might actually respect the packers if it wasn’t for their ridiculous and asinine fan base. They ruin the NFL for everyone!

55. eleventyeight says: Oct 10, 2011 7:51 PM

Sorry- I hate to sound like sour grapes, but some of you Packers fans are over-the-metaphoric-top with your smug-hood.

At least wait until you win this years’ Superbowl(which you will, of course. Any PackerBacker’ll tell ya!) before you snort and roll your eyes at the thought of another team ever mattering the NFL again?

K?

56. cobrala2 says: Oct 10, 2011 7:58 PM

Meanwhile 790TheZone is whining about how great a sports town Atlanta is.

I’d say 25% of fans were left in stadium when down by 8.

Atlanta doesn’t deserve sports talk radio. If it weren’t so white collar, they’d be lumped into the same pathetic crews in Jacksonville, Arizona, San Diego, etc.

57. chiktikka says: Oct 10, 2011 7:59 PM

The Falcons are well on their way to the bottom of the NFC South.

58. effingbcnts says: Oct 10, 2011 8:03 PM

seriously, folks i’m an atlanta fan and not happy about the state of our team; however, this crap about late shots was equaled by actions of GB. the amount of arrogance and flat-out douche-bag-ness of the GB fans I interacted with last night was ridiculous. There were only a few that weren’t that way.

as far as falcon fan expectations, I’ve been a season ticket holder for a while and I for sure did not see this year as a super bowl year — most folks down here don’t — nfl is won on the lines — our d-line is improving, but needs play makers and the o-line was falling apart since the last 3 games last year. Mularkey is predictable and ignorant — why he gave up on the run so early is beyond me. sure GB was stopping the up the middle stuff, but when we hit the edges — we were able to get some yards. I see us being that middle of the pack (no pun intended) team, but I do see us getting better.

Hey jacunn2000, Have you’ve been to ATL — I’ve been to GB and MKE, both are OK — but no better than ATL. When you grow up, come on down to ATL — we’ll show you the nice parts!

59. getweird4u says: Oct 10, 2011 8:09 PM

I can’t wait to see suh eat rodgers for lunch on thanksgiving!

60. wicky888 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:10 PM

As a Falcon fan, they are WAY over rated. So much talent and NOTHING impressive about them. I blame both coordinators. Reminds of Philly, which isn’t a good thing.

They were not exposed last night ….. they were exposed Week 1 in Chicago. I thought they played pretty well last night considering. On defense anyway.

But the Packers whining about dirty play? Late hits? Really? What a bunch of babies. I will now shift all of my hatred from the Eagles to the Packers.

And I wouldn’t call and 8 point win abuse BJ Raji. Last years playoff game ….. THAT was abuse

61. jbravo2312 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:11 PM

I feel bad for Falcon fans, as long as Mike Mularkey is running the offense, it will always be a “under-performing” unit, its a shame too, alot of talent there. Trust me… I suffered with him as my teams Head Coach for 2 years

62. effingbcnts says: Oct 10, 2011 8:12 PM

One more point — as an ATL fan, I haven’t given’t up on the season — last year GB was 3-3 in their first six games.

63. dirtdawg55 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:14 PM

And how is it that no Packer fan has yet to notice the picture accompanying the article shows a Falcon receiving “the business” from a Packer?

The Packers are clearly the class of the league right now. No doubt about that. But all this talk of being disrespected is just juvenile. Team after team heads down that path each and every year and it is nauseating every time. And yes, that includes when the team I root for does it (the Steelers). Who cares if you get “respect”? Just win. Hang up more points than the other guy, win the damn game, string a bunch of those togethers, especially when it counts, win the hardware and move on. “Respect”? That’s for street hoods and cellmates to cry about.

The Packers have all the respect they need. They are the current SB champ and the class of the league. They have no need to be crying about respect. And frankly, the fact they are focused on that tells me they are starting to lose sight of what is truly important.

64. calloustongue says: Oct 10, 2011 8:17 PM

“polishrod says:
    Oct 10, 2011 7:29 PM
    Wow, the # of Packers fans on here is astounding. I guess when all you have to live by is football, it leaves a lot of free time between Sunday’s”

Right b/c Wisconsin isn’t a sportsman’s paradise or anything. Hunting, fishing, boating, camping, skiiing, 4wheeling, snowmobiling, trailriding, kayaking….etc. Nothing else to live by…right. I suppose that’s why Wisco gets invaded by a million FIB’s every weekend. Because it sucks so bad here.

Enjoy all that concrete in the city, I’ll take Wisconsin and all it has to offer any day.

Go Pack. Go Crew. Go Bucky.

65. houndog50 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:17 PM

tiffpats4eva says: Oct 10, 2011 6:57 PM
    The packers lead the league in whining.
    —————————————————
    Nah they’re behind the Steelers in whining, but the Packers do lead the league in almost every offensive category, and they’re getting close on injuries again. But they’re still winning, so that’s cool, and likely the reason that you’re whining”Patsy”.

66. rtmus53 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:21 PM

nineroutsider says:
    Oct 10, 2011 7:18 PM

I read things on here from time to time for a little “comedy relief” , but this absolutely is the biggest sidesplitter I have seen since the season started!

67. surly1n1nd1anapol1s says: Oct 10, 2011 8:24 PM

The disrespect card? Really? F’ing idiots all of them.

68. jkollath2282 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:25 PM

As a die hard Packer fan, I feel compelled to say I am not a fan of the whining. As the defending champs teams are going to do whatever they can to win and disrupt the Packers game. They shouldn’t be surprised or whine about dirty play, there will be plenty more during the season. Shut up and win games! Go Pack!

69. paulharghis says: Oct 10, 2011 8:26 PM

Finally, FINALLY!

The rest of the NFL fanbases are getting what a bunch of turds packers fans are. Us Vikings and Bears fans have known this for years.

It’s quite the sickening spectacle isn’t it?

This is far and away the worst fanbase in pro sports ever.

70. kstermon says: Oct 10, 2011 8:28 PM

I think Packers fans that say my Falcons are a bad team are not giving their squad enough credit.

I know the Pack is not perfect defensively, but they would be a great offense even without a qb like Aaron Rodgers. Man he is not a lot of fun to play against.

The Falcons are a team that has to have a few breaks and play 60 minutes of their bestfootball to beat the Pack. They played 30 minutes last night.

71. calloustongue says: Oct 10, 2011 8:28 PM

“paulharghis says:
    Oct 10, 2011 8:26 PM
    Finally, FINALLY!
    It’s quite the sickening spectacle isn’t it?
    This is far and away the worst fanbase in pro sports ever.
    Loudmouth, inane, know nothing ,homeristic, hypocritical- Packer fans in a nutshell.”

Another Viking crybaby. Take your losses like a man. Quit stomping your fight and throwing a tantrum or we’re gonna take you behind the woodshed son.

72. calloustongue says: Oct 10, 2011 8:29 PM

feet*

73. revolution22 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:30 PM

The truth is, they did play a dirty game. It’s not whining, it isn’t crying. It’s point blank.

To the victor (us, and the Brownies, of course) goes the spoils,.

74. srwswish says: Oct 10, 2011 8:34 PM

Falcons are Dirty! Dirty hits against Bucs, and also against Eagles were ridiculous. Now they Pack smokes them and shows who they are. Not a big Packer fan but do agree they are a dirty team.

75. paulharghis says: Oct 10, 2011 8:35 PM

romeisfallingagain says:
    Oct 10, 2011 7:14 PM
    ===============================
    No, they aren’t hating the packers at all.

What we are all hating is what i posted above.
    All you blowhards make it hard to even give a compliment to the team. Turds- every last one of you.

76. JMil_ATL says: Oct 10, 2011 8:35 PM

Reading these comments is truly sickening. A Rodg is 2-2 against the Falcons. If you didn’t think the Falcons were a good team then why are you bragging about the win?

Players are always going to think the other team did something wrong. I haven’t heard the Falcons complain yet about all the hands to the face that they took last night (illegal btw) or all of the holding or takedowns. All I’m hearing about is the winning (I mean whining) team complaining about it.

If the same portion of the Falcons team that got the score to 14-0 would have played the rest of the game the same way that they started then there might have been a different outcome. The Falcons lost Moore, Owens, and Jones all by half time besides from White & Hawley playing hurt. That’s not an excuse…just facts.

So packers fans…enjoy the win for now. Which of the 2 wins did you prefer last year…the regular season or the post season? Food for thought while you’re bragging about this win.

77. rhett16 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:36 PM

“The packers lead the league in whining.”

That last word is actually spelled “winning”. Thanks.

78. melikefootball says: Oct 10, 2011 8:38 PM

Don’t tell me Rogers is going to turn into another Farve??

79. mountaindont says: Oct 10, 2011 8:41 PM

Since when are the Falcon`s relevant ?

80. textexington says: Oct 10, 2011 8:41 PM

5-0.Go Pack Go!

81. scudbot says: Oct 10, 2011 8:41 PM

In a poll of 277 NFL players for Sports Illustrated, 26% of those surveyed said Green Bay Packers fans were the most knowledgeable fans in the league.

Way back in second place are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fourteen percent of the players said Pittsburgh had the most knowledgeable fans.

The next three: New York, 9%; Philadelphia, 8%, and Dallas, 7%.

82. scudbot says: Oct 10, 2011 8:42 PM

Suck it up, paulhargis. And enjoy your team’s season.

83. bullethead527 says: Oct 10, 2011 8:45 PM

Falcons here we come, Panthers will chew you pigeons to death… Go Panthers!!!!!!

84. bigbirdsfan says: Oct 10, 2011 8:48 PM

Aaron Rodgers is one step removed from Mark Sanchez…

85. imjinbrdgr says: Oct 10, 2011 8:52 PM

favreforever says: Oct 10, 2011 7:13 PM

==========================

Typical Favre lover. He have nothing good in brain department.

86. scudbot says: Oct 10, 2011 9:00 PM

vikescry1, Yes. Sarcasm. Why ESPN would even publish that idiocy is inexplicable.

87. cusoman says: Oct 10, 2011 9:10 PM

calloustongue says:
    Oct 10, 2011 8:17 PM
    “polishrod says:
    Oct 10, 2011 7:29 PM

———————

Seriously? All of the states that border WI offer the exact same things. Note I said STATES – Chicago and Minneapolis are not states, but hey if you want to keep classifying entire states as “concrete in the city”, more power to ya – I’m sure that got you an A in your public school system anyway.

Now, go look up “false dichotomy” and come back when you can come up with a valid argument.

88. cardmagnet says: Oct 10, 2011 9:13 PM

When the winner is the one giving these accounts and allegations, I tend to believe them. They have no real reason to lie since they don’t need a scape goat for a loss.

89. momsasaynt says: Oct 10, 2011 9:28 PM

Are you telling me the DARLINGS of the NFL are being disrespected??? HAHAHA Not by any of the 100 sportscasters that have already crowned them 2011 SB Champs. There’s no crying in football SHUT UP AND PLAY.

90. steviaquinn says: Oct 10, 2011 9:35 PM

The Packers are acting like a bunch of girls.

Seriously.

How can you go from complete bad-asses ,dominating the NFL to 7th grade butt-hurt girls in less than a year?

The packers lost their manhood. They got beat up a bit yesterday ( and maybe exposed a little)even though they won . In the meantime looks like they lost their balls.

91. tlw109 says: Oct 10, 2011 9:41 PM

I’ve been a Falcon fan for 25 years. I live 6 hours from Atlanta, so I only get to go to one or two games a year. I was at the game last night and at the playoff game last year. The Packer fans are by far the most obnoxious fans that I’ve had to deal with at the Dome. I actually saw a fight on the way out last night between a “cheesehead” and a Falcon fan. I’ve never seen that at a game down south.

92. deconjonesbitchslap says: Oct 10, 2011 9:44 PM

i guess this ENTIRE team wants the opposing city to rub their nobs and build statues after every game. it’s 2011, packers. the “disrespected us” card doesn’t fly anymore. it makes you look weak and needy.

93. purplegreenandgold says: Oct 10, 2011 9:48 PM

nineroutsider says: Oct 10, 2011 7:18 PM

——————————————————
    I’ll have what he’s having!!!

94. bfrsd says: Oct 10, 2011 9:48 PM

eleventyeight says:
    Oct 10, 2011 7:43 PM
    Packer-Backers- ALERT!!!!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttt-

————————————————
    Wow. Some people are so ignorant. You do realize that the Packers were decimated by injuries and had more than a dozen players on IR.

On top of that, Charles Woodson, Donald Driver, and Sam Shields all went down in the first half of the Super Bowl and Clay Matthews was playing on a fractured leg. The Packers limped through the entire season. The Steelers injury situation didn’t even compare.

95. jimmysee says: Oct 10, 2011 9:50 PM

steviaquinn says:
    Oct 10, 2011 7:21 PM

And you stay classy, Green Bay.

————————————————————-

… except that darn game is two half long. Maybe you should try and do something about that. (The Vikings fans would probably help you with that.)

96. stellarperformance says: Oct 10, 2011 9:51 PM

I was there last night…in Atlanta…tailgating near the railroad tracks and having a blast with old friends before the game. I was told over and over how great Packer fans are and how much fun it is to hang out with them.

Hargis….you’re still FOS…there aren’t enough lies for you to tell to ever change that. You need to get out more and stop speaking for the “invisible” fans you keep “quoting.”

97. Deb says: Oct 10, 2011 9:56 PM

I don’t get it. So far all I’ve heard is that last season Roddy White whined that the Falcons lost the playoff game because they didn’t give it their best. (What kind of idiot would claim he didn’t try hard in a playoff game? :roll: )

But how is one guy’s stupid comment last season a sign that the whole team is disrespecting you now? Did Raji offer any details? Did the Falcons fail to genuflect? What?

98. packfaninvikeland says: Oct 10, 2011 9:59 PM

I am a packer fan, our players need to stop bitching. This is getting out of hand. Rodgers is mad at the falcons, Rodgers is mad at Tony Kornhieser for snubbing him on draft day. Finely is mad because he is not getting enough passes his way(nice TD drop by the way), Packers are mad for dirty play, They are starting to sound like spoiled babies seriously! Just play! MM needs to get these guys in check fast. These distractions can add up and if they play like they did last night in the playoffs, could spell trouble. Falcons are not THAT good. You are champions, play like it and act like it!

99. xxstatic says: Oct 10, 2011 10:02 PM

No one in the league fears the Niners…Lol!

100. bfrsd says: Oct 10, 2011 10:11 PM

And to all the “Falcon fans” saying how stupid the Packer fans were acting. I can guarantee you that they were either out of state fans or a small minority.

I saw a couple of them on TV and they looked like Raider fans. If you actually go to Lambeau Field and catch a game, the fans are amazing. We never have problems with opposing fans and most of the real Packer fans are knowledgeable. Obviously every fan base has the idiots who know nothing and think they know everything.

Minnesota teams are our rivals but if you go to a Twins or Brewers game in MLB or a Packer or Viking game in the NFL, everyone is cool. Now go to a Cubs or Bears game in Chicago and it’s like Philadelphia or Oakland.

101. imjinbrdgr says: Oct 10, 2011 10:14 PM

Listen morons, it’s whining when you lose and complain about some thing that supposedly made you lose.

When someone disrespects you and you go out and kick there ass it’s called putting them in their place.

It must suck to be so desperate to find any reason at all to take a shot at the best team in football.

Also whining about supposed whining is just more whining.

102. calloustongue says: Oct 10, 2011 10:16 PM

“I actually saw a fight on the way out last night between a “cheesehead” and a Falcon fan. I’ve never seen that at a game down south.”

Must have been during the 3rd quarter when the majority of the Falcons fans left. Those chants of Go Pack Go were pretty loud.

What was the fight over? Was the Falcon fan trying to spell something?

103. scudbot says: Oct 10, 2011 10:17 PM

tlw109 says: The Packer fans are by far the most obnoxious fans that I’ve had to deal with at the Dome.

Most live in Atlanta and love the beat downs. They’re gloating. But I understand your sensitivity.

104. bigjim50010 says: Oct 10, 2011 10:25 PM

yes the worse fan base that sells out every game…. where the vikes have the best running back in the game..and God Bless 3M for buying tickets so vike fan can watch the game from his ice shanty on Phalen Lake

105. tiffpats4eva says: Oct 10, 2011 10:27 PM

@tlw109,

I live in Wisconsin and they are the most obnoxious.

106. johngaltwho says: Oct 10, 2011 10:33 PM

This really is largely a non-issue manufactured by the media. Two defensive linemen felt that the Falcons were taking some cheap shots and they regrettably shared this perspective with the media. The Rodgers comment was made last year and the context was his response to a direct question about White’s frustrated comment that the Falcons were the better team after the playoff blowout. Just as with political coverage, the media is well served to stir up controversy wherever they can.

107. tiffpats4eva says: Oct 10, 2011 10:34 PM

upyoursnfu says:
    Oct 10, 2011 7:35 PM
    *********************************

Leave Brady out of this. Rodgers whines like Rodgers. Brady was called an a hole and his opponent used the f word towards and not once did you hear him whine about it.

108. tiffpats4eva says: Oct 10, 2011 10:36 PM

@houndog50,

109. steviaquinn says: Oct 10, 2011 10:58 PM

I think the “G” on their helmet stand for “Girls”.

Seriously……… BJ and Aaron, you are grown me, let alone world champions. I’d hate to see you guys in a fight.

110. steviaquinn says: Oct 10, 2011 10:59 PM

I think the “G” on their helmet stand for “Girls”.

Seriously……… BJ and Aaron, you are grown men, let alone world champions. I’d hate to see you guys in a fight.

111. scudbot says: Oct 10, 2011 11:13 PM

tiffpats4eva says “By leading the league in every offensive category you mean they are third behind the Pats and Saints, than you are correct.”

5-0, Rams next week. Super Bowl champs. Have a nice day.

112. jeannathomas says: Oct 10, 2011 11:14 PM

I should have been picked higher in the draft! Boo hoo! They disrespected me! Aaron Rodgers has always cried like a girl about everything, and he is such an effective leader that the rest of his team is picking up on it, too. Packers and their fans (with the exception of the one to whom I am married) have the least class of any other team in the league. They barely made the playoffs last year, and having watched McCarthy coach them right out of wins repeatedly over the years, I won’t be surprised if their season goes off the rails any day now. Oh, the whining will be epic if that happens.

By the way, Roddy never said the Falcons didn’t play hard against GB, he said they didn’t play well–which was true.

113. pack15forever says: Oct 10, 2011 11:31 PM

All those draft picks the Falcons gave up for Julio Jones really helped them last night against the Packers.

114. md1991 says: Oct 10, 2011 11:41 PM

This is football. No one has to respect the Packers. Atlanta was playing the game. It was not there superbowl, get over yourselves. You’re a football team not some royal subjects. So act like a football team. You won the game, now shut up.

115. dailyrev says: Oct 10, 2011 11:46 PM

there’s respect…in football? Seriously?

116. bdert says: Oct 11, 2011 12:00 AM

The Lions Will OWN Puss Pack!!!

117. blaz0037 says: Oct 11, 2011 12:09 AM

i’ve heard of sore losers…..but

118. gbpbacker84 says: Oct 11, 2011 12:16 AM

The Packers don’t like the Falcons and it’s obvious that the feeling is mutual. That’s it. Raji and Pickett usually doesn’t make strong comments in the media so they obviously felt strongly about what they were saying after a game in an emotional environment. If that is whining, so be it. I understand the distaste for the Packers right now from nfl fans everywhere, it comes with the territory. By no means is this season going to be a cake walk, we still have to deal with the Saints, Lions and 49ers come playoff time. The rest of the NFC is a disorganized mess in my opinion. And for the guy who diminished our SB victory against the Steelers, need I remind you we were without 15 players before the game and lost Woodson, Shields, and Driver during it? I’m just proud to be a fan of such a resilient team who has an opportunity to accomplish a lot of special things in the next few years. By the way, please don’t compare us to the Pats we actually earn our jewelry. Dare I say Belicheat?

119. dellied says: Oct 11, 2011 12:53 AM

Lol, so ridiculous. Jamie Dukes has one retarded outburst on his show about the Packers being “whiners” and now all of a sudden, every starts parroting the term.

So now the Packers are “whiners”. Even though all they’re doing is responding to questions by the media. You ever watch these interviews? The tone of their voices? Seriously. No one in their right mind would call any of this “whining”.

Yes, the implication that Jamie Dukes is not in his right mind was fully intended. He’s, in fact, a moron, for reasons that go far beyond his childish outburst.

120. Wisconsin77 says: Oct 11, 2011 1:46 AM

My Packers need to man up. What a week. First they whine because of a media driven precived “slight” from Favre. Now they whine after a convincing win. This is how teams and fans become hated.

Packer fans LOVE to use the word “class” all the time when describing themselves and their players, which annoys the frick out of me because really it is a meaningless word when it comes to football. Maybe if they love it so much they should start showing it sometimes

121. kevpft says: Oct 11, 2011 2:28 AM

I don’t question the general integrity of the Packers organization, but come on – if they really had class and “poise”, they wouldn’t be yammering on like this.

Talk like this makes me enjoy the NFL less. Players whining about other teams, players whining about rules, players whining about not being able to make sucker-punch hits against defenseless fellow players.

Today’s NFL is increasingly a bunch of trash-talking children. And I apologize to children for the insult of that statement.

122. packfaninvikeland says: Oct 11, 2011 2:35 AM

packers are not acting classy at all. period. They are acting pathetic!

123. gbmudder says: Oct 11, 2011 7:23 AM

Home Sweet Dome!’

124. rajuncajun28 says: Oct 11, 2011 7:24 AM

Packers are soft and will fall…they are not the Pats of old…Saints will own them in a rematch….lions are still the lions – a farce….Midwest teams like the packers are so boring…geez…life in green bay must be absolutely horrible….small town..no culture…no character…only ice fishing and cheese heads…

125. scudbot says: Oct 11, 2011 7:34 AM

What is wrong with all you people complaining about “whining”? Intentional late hits are attempts to injure, nothing more or less. Having never been on the receiving end of a late hit in your lives, you sit at your keyboards and pass judgement on people who have been hit late. Try thinking things through before posting.

126. dukemarc says: Oct 11, 2011 10:51 AM

americankris says: Oct 10, 2011 6:54 PM

———————————-

Is that you, Roddy?

Oh and to the guy who said Arthur Blank is arrogant – you’re dead on, it’s part of the reason he got run out of Home Depot.

127. stellarperformance says: Oct 11, 2011 10:58 AM

Losers will always find a way to make themselves feel better with namecalling. That’s what losers do.

128. falcnfan says: Oct 11, 2011 3:41 PM

Never realized how many band wagon fans of the Packers there were until i started reading this….tired of overpaid NFL players crying…take a hit and hit back….this is Football after all

129. stellarperformance says: Oct 11, 2011 5:48 PM

Why should pro players behave differently than the rest of us? You complain if they act too much like money-hungry robots without emotion or attachment, but give them static as whiners if they recall aloud being insulted or are victims of purposeful dirty play. Raji and Rodgers are calling it like it is…..just like most of us would. Good for them.

130. paulharghis says: Oct 11, 2011 6:50 PM

Scudbot:

16% of the total nfl players think the packers are the most knowledgable? You really want to roll with that? Does that give you 1/2 pack of rolaids in your pants?

There are 1728 players in the NFL- they polled 277- a majority of then which most likely checked off blindly. I’d hardly put any stock into anything like that.

One only needs to read posts by Packer fans on here to know they are at the very bottom for football knowledge.

131. stellarperformance says: Oct 11, 2011 9:04 PM

paulharghis says: Oct 11, 2011 6:50 PM
    16% of the total nfl players think the packers are the most knowledgable?

——————————————————————
    Hargis….pay attention. You might learn something (from a Packer fan.)

Opinion polls are designed to represent the opinions of an entire group by conducting a series of questions and then extrapolating generalities in ratio or within confidence intervals. In other words, a representation of the group as a whole, usually 5%-10% is adequate. It doesn’t matter if they all responded or not. The outcome would be nearly the same.

Glad I could help dispel another of your useless “opinions.” Get another 276 people to agree with you on this post and we’ll talk.

132. axespray says: Oct 12, 2011 11:36 AM

falcnfan says:Oct 11, 2011 3:41 PM
    “Never realized how many band wagon fans of the Packers there were until i started reading this”

I never realized how many fake fans of the Falcons there were until i started seeing that stadium filled with only Cheeseheads in the 3rd quarter.

133. falcnfan says: Oct 12, 2011 3:40 PM

i was there and their were way more than cheese heads…might wanna adjust your tv bc all i saw were packers tears whining about being touched

134. paulharghis says: Oct 12, 2011 6:54 PM

Hargis….pay attention. You might learn something (from a Packer fan.)

================================
    As I’ve said, one only ned look at this website to see the total lack of knowedge of packer fans.

If that poll makes you all warm and fuzzy- enjoy .

135. stellarperformance says: Oct 13, 2011 12:16 PM

paulharghis says:
    Oct 12, 2011 6:54 PM
    If that poll makes you all warm and fuzzy- enjoy.
    ——————————————–

I will…and thanks for acknowledging the accuracy of it.

136. selenecrear says: Oct 17, 2011 6:52 PM

These Packers are already trying to compare themselves like the Patriots. They only won 1 Super Bowl since the 60′s..half of you fans that are posting were not even born yet… You don’t see the Saints disgracing themselves being a previous SB Champ!! Half these Packers Fans probably cannot remember who was the Packer QB before Brett Farve..think fast. Might as well Google it. We Falcon fans are passionite fans and we don’t appreciate idiots that have no clue what football is. You play until the whistle stops…stop crying, lace your jock strap a little tighter for all those whiners in Packertown, and play ball. It doesn’t matter what you are doing in October..what really matter is how these Packers are in February. So if all the Packers are going to do is complain and whine then pack your bags and go home to mommy boys this is NFL Football, NOT Pee Wee Leagues!!