Power rankings are posted for your perusal

Jim Schwartz AP

For those of you who have bookmarked the Rumor Mill:  (1) thanks; and (2) if you don’t go to the front page, you don’t see the power rankings.

So we try to post a link to them here.

And we have.

This week, there’s been some shuffling near the top, with a lot of teams that haven’t spent much time in the top 10 pitching a tent there.  We’ll see whether that tent becomes something a bit more permanent, like a double-wide.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Power rankings are posted for your perusal”
  1. sonoco says: Oct 11, 2011 1:03 PM

I’m really looking forward to the 49ers-Lions game !!!! Explosive Lion offense vs. Very goof 49er defense.

CAN’T WAIT !!!!

2. sonoco says: Oct 11, 2011 1:04 PM

Very good

3. bucsraysboltsfan says: Oct 11, 2011 1:05 PM

Put the Bucs at 33 after their 45 point drumming at SF.

4. nineroutsider says: Oct 11, 2011 1:07 PM

The 49ers will be in your top 5 next week. The Lions will be undefeated no more next week and Green Bay will have its first division lead.

5. axespray says: Oct 11, 2011 1:13 PM

don’t you kinda want a ref to accidently walk in front of Jim Schwartz when he wins….

Just to see if He’s got a knockout punch.

6. axespray says: Oct 11, 2011 1:23 PM

idk, 49ers are doing good, but deep down, I kinda want those lions to be undefeated along with my Packers … could you imagine how epic that thanksgiving day game will be?

Division Rivals, 10-0, Winner probably the no.1 seed in the NFC, loser probably has to be the first 13-3 wildcard team ever. idk, it’s fun to have these huge games in the regular season, gets your team battle tested for the playoffs.

7. suhnami says: Oct 11, 2011 1:49 PM

Wow, niner fans coming out of the woodwork with confidence lol

I agree next week will be a solid game, BUT unfortunately for niner fans, Ford Field has become one of the most difficult stadiums for opposing teams to come in to play…

plus Smith has fared well so far, but at the end of the day…. HE’S STILL ALEX SMITH

Should be a good test, and a solid game but I like my lions chances at home in this one.

8. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Oct 11, 2011 2:17 PM

nineroutsider says:
    Oct 11, 2011 1:07 PM

_________

It’s nice to see some reasonable comments on here for once.

9. ryanw411 says: Oct 11, 2011 2:24 PM

***************************

I agree, the Packers and Lions are both young and should be a great rivalry for years to come. I see a lot of my fellow Lions fans complain about GB being so good just as we are turning the corner but I think it is awesome to have such a great competitor in our division, it will keep the team sharp and hungry in the coming years knowing they can’t just coast to a division crown. Really looking forward to GB-DET games 2 to 3 times a season.

10. ryanw411 says: Oct 11, 2011 2:28 PM

Also want to add the Vikings should not be down for long and still have some great pieces in the mix to build around. If Ponder can be even a decent starter and they shore up the line and defense a little they will not be a pushover. The only North team I see having really rough times in the future is the Bears barring a front office makeover, Angelo is a terrible GM and I don’t see him replenishing their roster.

11. pilot2011 says: Oct 11, 2011 2:41 PM

Steve Smith is 32 and is playing like the best receiver in the league… That dude is a freak

IMO he will be Canton worthy… 5’9 and plays like he’s 6’3. One of the best blocking receivers in the league too.

Speaking of blocking…He has played for the John Fox Panthers for 10 years! Can you imagine 89 with Brees or Brady? Good Lord

12. nineroutsider says: Oct 11, 2011 2:46 PM

suhnami says: Oct 11, 2011 1:49 PM

Wow, niner fans coming out of the woodwork with confidence lol

——————————————————–
    The old Alex Smith argument…it will be dead in a few weeks, so use while you can. Detroit will learn what every team has learned this year…it hurts to play the 9ers. Better keep that china doll in bubble wrap this week, or the season could have a different feel to it after Sunday.

Should be a great game and the Lions have some tremendous weapons and speed that concerns me, but the Niner coaches will out scheme the Lions’ coaches. The Lions D isn’t anything special with the exception of the line…

13. woodyg says: Oct 11, 2011 3:07 PM

Should really be Pack at #1 followed by Lions at #2 …… That way the upcoming free-fall for the Lions will be more enjoyable …… When a team is 5-0, one must more closely examine how that team reached 5-0 …… The Lions path involved a couple of melt-downs by the Vikes & Cowboys ….. It’s called winning with abit of luck against losing teams …… Once the Lions start playing better teams, this ‘luck factor’ disappears…..

Regardless, all the Lions have to do is go 6-5 the rest of the way to lock-up a wild-card spot ….. Believe me, they have zero chance of capturing the North Division away from the Pack …..

14. truthserum4u says: Oct 12, 2011 4:31 AM

This is one of your better attempts at humor. At least made me checkle a few times.