Matt Schaub misses practice with shoulder injury

Matt Schaub AP

As the Texans deal with the loss of their best defensive player (Mario Williams) and the ongoing absence of their best offensive player (Andre Johnson), the Texans now have to worry about the health of their quarterback.

Matt Schaub missed practice Wednesday.  “Matt’s just got a sore shoulder and a banged up thigh, so we’ll give him today,” coach Gary Kubiak said.  “Hopefully he’ll be back out here tomorrow. We gave Lefty [Matt Leinart] and the young kid [T.J. Yates] all the reps.”

If Schaub for some reason can’t go, “Lefty” gets the start against the Ravens.  Fortunately for the Texans, it looks like they won’t have to lean on “Lefty.”

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Matt Schaub misses practice with shoulder injury”
  1. bloggingpoodlewalker says: Oct 12, 2011 11:15 PM

Raider Nation

2. shaggeez says: Oct 12, 2011 11:22 PM

ya looks like this is the beginning of the end for the texans. nothing to see here.

3. cardsfann1 says: Oct 12, 2011 11:44 PM

Well it looks like I will be scouring the waiver wire for a qb. A hurt Schaub will likely end up a damn near killed Schaub going against the Ravens defense.

4. cardsfann1 says: Oct 12, 2011 11:47 PM

Oh, take it from me. I gave “lefty” chance after chance and he just let me down time after time. Go with the kid Houston.

5. bleedpurplenblack says: Oct 13, 2011 1:51 AM

Oh please, let Leinart play. We already made one former USC QB fold up into the fetal position.. may as well make it two.

6. joetoronto says: Oct 13, 2011 4:35 AM

I just watched the game again on NFL Replay and I concentrated on his O-line and the Raiders D-line.

He took a hell of a beating, especially in the 2nd half, when Seymour and company kept destroying the pocket.

There were O-linemen scattered all over the ground and Schaub was getting killed.

I’m not surprised he’s injured.

7. raider23mike says: Oct 13, 2011 6:41 AM

When u face the Raiders, expect a tough, physical game. Ask Sanchez, Orton.. Etc

8. mrnowwhatnow says: Oct 13, 2011 7:00 AM

Mario may be the 3rd best defensive player behind A. Smith and J. Joseph. And I’m pretty sure Schaub has PTSD.

9. aldavisisthenfl says: Oct 13, 2011 7:31 AM

I notice this year every team is banged up after playing the Raiders……

One nation under Al

10. jesse1834 says: Oct 13, 2011 7:35 AM

It’s time for Captain “Check-down”!!!!

11. txndave says: Oct 13, 2011 9:47 AM

Schaub or no schaub, lefty or no lefty.
    Dre or no Dre, Mario or no Mario. It all doesn’t matter. As long as kubiak is coach of this team, we aint winning sh#t!

12. Steeler's Will says: Oct 13, 2011 10:17 AM

Aww man, I really want a Texan victory this Sunday. Get well soon Matt!

13. villainousjake says: Oct 13, 2011 5:48 PM

C’mon, some of you Raider fans are ridiculous. Schaub is banged up and took one day off of practice. Lets not act like they leave a swath of devastated players in their wake. He practiced the day before that, no? I’d say he’s not exactly on his deathbed.

14. texansarenumber1 says: Oct 13, 2011 10:15 PM

I know all of you dont expect texans to win but texans are still an awesome team and a sho-in to win there division
    Texans with or with out mario and andre they are still a beast

15. ampatsisahypocrite says: Oct 14, 2011 1:53 AM

Hey c’mon Tyler, get over here and tell us how a Ravens win won’t mean GARBAGE Sunday, since they’re playing the Texans without Andre Johnson and Mario Williams PLUS a hurt QB. Oh wait, I forgot, things like that only matter when OTHER teams get the benefit of injuries.