Felix Jones says his shoulder still hasn’t healed

Dallas Cowboys v New York Jets Getty Images

Running back Felix Jones dislocated his shoulder in the Cowboys’ Week Two win over the 49ers. Two games and a bye week later, and Jones says the shoulder still hasn’t healed.

“I can tell you this, it lets me know,” Jones told the Dallas Morning News. “It’s still not 100 percent. I’m just trying to play through it and contribute and help out with my team.”

Jones has showed toughness playing through the injury, using a harness underneath his pads to protect the shoulder. He currently ranks 25th in the NFL in rushing.

On the bright side, the shoulder doesn’t appear to be affecting Jones’ performance. He’s rushed for 172 yards on 30 carries (5.73 average) since the injury, after managing just 69 yards on 26 attempts (2.65 average) before it occurred.

Jones practiced fully all this week and is listed as probable for Sunday afternoon’s tilt with the Patriots.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Injuries, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Felix Jones says his shoulder still hasn’t healed”
  1. theharshestreality says: Oct 15, 2011 3:07 PM

I wonder how much better he would be with the other shoulder separated, as well?

2. 49hardballs says: Oct 15, 2011 3:11 PM

Add another underachieving Cowboy RB to the list

3. steelerchicken says: Oct 15, 2011 4:14 PM

Ruined two of my fantasy teams!

4. Gordon says: Oct 15, 2011 4:52 PM

Probably not the smartest thing to talk about a shoulder injury. Get ready for a lot of hits up higher.

5. buffalomyke says: Oct 15, 2011 5:08 PM

He’s shown the ability to play through pain, I wonder why he wasn’t praised like Romo? And he’s not the one who choked away 2 leads in 4 games!

6. Soulman45 says: Oct 15, 2011 5:37 PM

Would it be better if he just sit out and heal?

7. badintentions11 says: Oct 15, 2011 5:52 PM

I like Felix but he’s not the ideal every down back. Dallas is really missing a big bruiser for short yardage and goal line runs. I hate seeing him get stuffed inside the 1 and us having to get cute and pass instead of pounding the ball in.

To this point in the season the DeMarco Murray pick seems to be confusing. He hasn’t been involved much on passing downs as I would have suspected. I know he missed most of TC, but for a 3rd rd running back he hasn’t been getting much run.

8. raider23mike says: Oct 15, 2011 6:08 PM

Funny how everyone was laughing at McFadded being a bust and F.Jones exploding in Dallas 2yrs ago.

Now What?

RUN DMC

9. prmpft says: Oct 15, 2011 6:17 PM

ACTUALLY – the link says SEPERATED – seperated means SPRAINED AC JOINT (look it up) NOT dislocated – which requires specialized medical treatment – i help manage guys w/ grade 3 (big-time) ac jt seps who are able to play their sport b/c they can take the pain (really, not that big of a deal)
    the injury sounds bad (seperated) – but is certainly not even almost a dislocation…players SHOULD play w/ that injury, not get sympathy from folks who think it’s a bad injury…

10. kwk69 says: Oct 15, 2011 7:57 PM

49hardballs says:
    Oct 15, 2011 3:11 PM
    Add another underachieving Cowboy RB to the list

How do you figure that? The Cowboys have had two of the best running backs in the history of the NFL with Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith. Emmitt is the all time leading rusher!!! Doesn’t sound underachieving to me!!!

11. myspaceyourface says: Oct 15, 2011 9:32 PM

Everyone knows Barry Sanders would have destroyed Emmit Smiths record.

12. mrlynch33 says: Oct 15, 2011 11:06 PM

Wow….I can’t believe ppl actually picked this clown in fantasy. You guys must be smokin’ whatever Jerry Jones was, thinkin’ this guy is an every down back, he gets stuffed everytime in short yardage.

What is with the Cowboys and being unable to find a RB….

@kwk69……Dorsett, Emmitt was a long time ago bro.

13. tinbender2000 says: Oct 16, 2011 12:17 AM

I have one of those in my right shoulder. If you’re like me without insurance, ( which he’s not ) it’ll never get better.