Cameras catch Hawk flipping the bird

KidGivingTheBird

The Packers are clearly the No. 1 team in the NFL.  Linebacker A.J. Hawk showed a different kind of No. 1 to TV cameras on Sunday.

Hawk was caught by FOX’s cameras flashing a middle finger after sacking Rams quarterback Sam Bradford.  Jason Wilde of ESPN Milwaukee posted an image of it, and Wilde writes that the finger was directed to the Green Bay sideline.

It’s unclear why Hawk would be giving the bird to someone on his team.  It’s fairly clear that Hawk will be hearing from the league office.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
28 Responses to “Cameras catch Hawk flipping the bird”
  1. packfaninvikeland says: Oct 16, 2011 2:12 PM

I seen that, pretty stupid even if you did just get a sack.

2. stlducks says: Oct 16, 2011 2:25 PM

I have not seen much of the Packers, but from what I have seen they are very classless for being a winning team. From opening game punch to Rodgers telling reporters they dont need practice to now this.

Are all Wisc teams classless or is it just the packers and brewers?

3. scudbot says: Oct 16, 2011 2:26 PM

Keepin’ the edge. Keepin’ it sharp with attitude.

4. 1stngoal says: Oct 16, 2011 2:27 PM

lol, quite the “defensive hand jesture” there by Hawk!!!

5. granadafan says: Oct 16, 2011 2:28 PM

Props to the headline and of the photo of the soccer kid.

6. hound32 says: Oct 16, 2011 2:32 PM

he was just” flashing “defensive signals and they took it wrong ..LMAO .

7. Justin says: Oct 16, 2011 2:33 PM

Haha I saw this. The best part is how the announcers got all quiet to make it even more noticable.

8. nikkocheeba says: Oct 16, 2011 2:35 PM

This is so stupid, he’s signaling to the sidelines not flipping off his own team.

9. claymath52 says: Oct 16, 2011 2:36 PM

stlducks says:
    Oct 16, 2011 2:25 PM

Are all Wisc teams classless or is it just the packers and brewers?

__________________________________

Words of someone who if going to be crying tonight when the Brewers even the series and the Packers embarass…oh too late for that one.

#beastmode

10. cardmagnet says: Oct 16, 2011 2:44 PM

Hawk was just telling Bradford which finger he wears his Super Bowl ring on. What’s the big deal?

11. 1stngoal says: Oct 16, 2011 2:44 PM

@stlducks: Where did Rodgers ever say that “they don’t need practice”???

12. knucklehead93 says: Oct 16, 2011 2:52 PM

He’s just like Packer fans…ZERO class.

13. bighyzer says: Oct 16, 2011 2:53 PM

But it will all get glossed over by “the best fans in the NFL” because they’re a “classy organization”.

14. jmo4404 says: Oct 16, 2011 2:58 PM

I am pretty sure it was not the bird!! He had his mouthpiece in the same hand – and he gestured to his sideline. Media AGAIN blowing stuff out of proportion. If he did drop the bird it was probably to Coach Kevin Greene as a “see I told you I would get a sack” LOL

15. jagerbmb says: Oct 16, 2011 3:06 PM

It’s unclear why Hawk would be giving the bird to someone on his team.

Have you seens the uniforms they’re wearing?

16. huejackson says: Oct 16, 2011 3:18 PM

Im not a packer fan but I think he was trying to give a signal, I seen him before play and threw up the number 1 finger, it’s some sort of play signal..I think he meant to throw that up but just had a brain fart..

17. stlducks says: Oct 16, 2011 3:19 PM

Claymath I dont understand the end of your post..do you think im a Rams fan? Im not I have the STL bc i am acardinal fan, you know the team that has been the owner of the NL central for the past decade

18. dailynorseman says: Oct 16, 2011 3:19 PM

Joe Buck was unavailable for comment.

But had that been a member of any other team but the Packers, he certainly would have called it a “disgusting act.”

That’s okay. . .A.J. Hawk’s gesture is just a direct reflection of the Green Bay Packers and their fans.

19. mtball says: Oct 16, 2011 3:22 PM

I did a double take when I saw the “bird” and I agree, the announcer’s silence made it more noticable.

The word, “classless” is being thrown around here pretty casually. By all accounts, Hawk is considered to be a pretty classy player, but I can’t imagine any context where that gesture would be considered ok.

As far as Packer fans go, every team is going to have some jerks, but Packer fans as a whole have had a very good reputation of being great fans. Packer fans show up regardless of how the team is doing and fans of any team can enjoy a game at Lambeau without being beaten down, stabbed, etc. Classless is hardly the word I would use to describe Packer fans.

20. izzop says: Oct 16, 2011 3:39 PM

hawk is a total dufus. He was a zero and considered a bust by most until Clay Matthews joined the team.

21. tangysizzl says: Oct 16, 2011 3:45 PM

Seems fitting that a guy named Hawk would be flipping the bird. Maybe thats his sack dance.

Is it illegal to taunt your own team?

As a Packer fan its nice to acually see Hawk fired up for a change, sure the gesture was stupid but I like the chip on his shoulder.

Stay classy PFT planet!

22. claymath52 says: Oct 16, 2011 3:46 PM

stlducks says:
    Oct 16, 2011 3:19 PM

__________________________________

We’ll see who wins the big one(s) the next few days buddy. All you have to do is win one in MIL…

Not suprising that a Cardinals fan would not be the fan of a team in the same city since they aren’t winning right now… wonder what you’d say if they were a good team…

23. eleventyeight says: Oct 16, 2011 4:27 PM

As a Steelers fan i really, really wish i could say this was a “classless, tasteless act of arrogance by a blah blah team” but i honestly think he was trying to signal a defense to the sideline while holding his mouthpiece in the same hand.

It just doesn’t make sense any other way and Occam’s Razor cuts a clean edge….

24. stlducks says: Oct 16, 2011 4:29 PM

well considering im from yhe NW and moved a lot being in the army and now I live in Iowa im pretty sure I can like the cards and not the rams.

Either way wisc is classless all around

25. dylanmusicfane says: Oct 16, 2011 5:00 PM

Why are people so upset about the Packers being the best? Geez. Get over yourselves.

26. hansenbrothers says: Oct 16, 2011 5:08 PM

He said it was an inside joke with teammates… http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/131951228.html

27. stellarperformance says: Oct 16, 2011 7:47 PM

The namecalling from losers always gets heavier when a top-drawer nemesis continues to kick ass. Speaking for Packer fans everywhere…if you come to Lambeau, you won’t be mistreated or subjected to any abuse unless you bring it on yourself. The Green Bay Packers remain the classiest team in the league, and their fans share the title. Anyone that attempts to draw contrary conclusions from snippets and sound bytes and comments from haters simply don’t deserve our attention. We know who we are.

28. badfish6907 says: Oct 16, 2011 9:39 PM

It always amazes me that people get so up in arms over a finger. Who the flip cares?