Garrard open to playing for Raiders

Jason Campbell AP

Florio mentioned Oakland’s interest in David Garrard earlier, wondering aloud if the interest would be mutual.

It does appear that Garrard is interested in joining the Silver and Black. His agent told Terry McCormick that it is “highly possible” Garrard will go to Oakland to work out for the Raiders.

That obviously indicates a willingness to sign there. Garrard’s desire to play has rightfully been questioned as he’s waited for the right opportunity and contract offer to come along.

The Garrard news comes on the same day Jason Campbell underwent surgery on his broken collarbone.

I’m going to stay positive,” Campbell told Paul Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com. “If everything goes right, I could be back in six weeks.”

There have been a lot of varying timelines on when Campbell could return, if he returns at all.  Six weeks wouldn’t be bad; Oakland should still be in the middle of a playoff race then if they can just beat some bad teams at home.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Garrard open to playing for Raiders”
  1. kd75 says: Oct 17, 2011 3:11 PM

Doubtful:

@JayGlazer: Take one name out of search for QB, David Garrard told me he needs surgery on herniated disc in his back.

2. crazybeardedjack says: Oct 17, 2011 3:11 PM

Garrard needs back surgery. Not sure how open he would be to playing with that looming.

3. edmazeing1 says: Oct 17, 2011 3:12 PM

Get it done I wanna see the playoff this year, atleast!!!

4. steviekthr3e says: Oct 17, 2011 3:14 PM

Pull the trigger hue

5. mdpickles says: Oct 17, 2011 3:15 PM

NFL network just reported that Garrard needs back surgery???What say you!

6. ar082 says: Oct 17, 2011 3:16 PM

We will never see Campbell in a Raiders uniform again, sucks because he was really starting to click.

7. andyr2120 says: Oct 17, 2011 3:19 PM

I was concerned that the KC game would be a trap, but at least now the Raiders have a reason to take the game seriously…

8. gustavejfrerotte says: Oct 17, 2011 3:20 PM

Glazer says Garrard needs back sx. try to keep up PFT

9. rajbais says: Oct 17, 2011 3:22 PM

Then sign the damn contract!!!

10. My Last Victim Escaped says: Oct 17, 2011 3:30 PM

If Hue cant fleece Mike Brown for Palmer… I think he sticks with Boller for the rest of the year.

11. 808raiderinparadise says: Oct 17, 2011 3:34 PM

While I was watching the game the TV announcers (Gannon) was talking about their other options as Boller was on the field and the camera went on Pryor, who was laughing on the sidelines holding his clipboard while doing the douggie screwing around. Real professional. Wow, this ninja better wise-up. At some point he will prob start and with the playoffs very likely he better be able to at least run for first downs and not turnover the ball.

12. mediasloppy says: Oct 17, 2011 3:56 PM

I’m sure the Vikings would trade McNabb for a bowl of soup.

13. joetoronto says: Oct 17, 2011 6:42 PM

That’s a minimum 6 weeks for the fracture to heal, 6 weeks of not throwing the football.

Then he has to start throwing again, I’d say realistically, he’s looking at 8-10 weeks and is done for the season.

14. tatum064 says: Oct 18, 2011 3:03 AM

Yeah, Garrard wont be ready at this time, so I’m sure the idea was “keep me in mind in 2012 with a long term deal”…

808raiderinparadise says:
    Oct 17, 2011 3:34 PM

” as Boller was on the field and the camera went on Pryor, who was laughing on the sidelines holding his clipboard while doing the douggie screwing around”
    =================================
    Believe me, Jackson is on top of it. He wont see the field until he’s ready or in certain packages.